PDA

View Full Version : Travis Ford to LSU?

pickledpigsfeet
04-02-2008, 02:23 PM
Pat Forde has said that Ford and LSU are in discussions and that if UMass wasn't still in the NIT that Ford may have already been named LSU's new coach. Forde said that it wasn't a done deal but wasn't just a rumor either.
If he leaves UMass, who takes over there?

dc_x
04-02-2008, 02:27 PM
That would be a shame. Ford finally has UMass going in the right direction (after the mess left behind by Lappas).

IVANHOE
04-02-2008, 02:32 PM
Travis is a great caoch, I dont know why his name hasnt been brought up earlier for any coaching positions.
I would have said that Coach from WKU would fit UMASS, but he really screwed himself jumping all over that South Carolina job a bit too early.

XUglow
04-02-2008, 03:10 PM
Travis is a great caoch, I dont know why his name hasnt been brought up earlier for any coaching positions.
I would have said that Coach from WKU would fit UMASS, but he really screwed himself jumping all over that South Carolina job a bit too early.

You think UMass is a better postion than South Carolina? The Colonial Center is a gorgeous new basketball arena that seats 18,000 people.

IVANHOE
04-02-2008, 03:26 PM
You think UMass is a better postion than South Carolina? The Colonial Center is a gorgeous new basketball arena that seats 18,000 people.

I didnt say that.
You dont think that that coach is regretting his move now that a job like Marquette is open? LSU was still open. UMASS might be open. Its called a bidding war all these schools would have interviewed him and could have paid more $.
Pretty much common sense.

XUglow
04-02-2008, 03:43 PM
No, I don't he is regretting his move. The LSU job is on par with the USC job, and the USC job is better if you would get a kick out of playing Augusta.