PDA

View Full Version : 09 Recruits

Norman Dale
04-01-2008, 12:21 PM
How many spots do we have open for 09 recruits I'm thinking 3 to replace BJ CJ and Chuck. So who do we have on our radar that is showing major interest besides Ari? And what are the chances Miller and the guys get after it and get some verbal commits from these guys within the next couple of weeks just like last year? Does anyone have an inside scoop on how close anyone from the 09 class is to commiting?

kyxu
04-01-2008, 12:23 PM
Subscribe to musketeerscoop.com, and that should answer all your questions.

Norman Dale
04-01-2008, 12:39 PM
I was just trying to start a discussion about our teams future season I thought thats what this board was for. What does Scoop Snow give you a kickback on everyone you get to pay the money to join his site? Here's an idea why don't you take the money you're spending on your recriuting site memberships and put it toward a donation for the "All for one club" so we can keep Coach Miller and his staff here for a long time and continue building this program into a perennial national power.

BBC 08
04-01-2008, 12:46 PM
Actually, there is a recruiting forum for this talk, but kyxu is right, if you want the best info on future recruits and players go to Xavier's rival site.

Also, you're not doing a great job with your first impression.

Norman Dale
04-01-2008, 01:03 PM
So this topic is not related to Xavier mens basketball? I guess since I don't spend hours in front of the message board posting on every topic I shouldn't say what I think. You know I have been a Xavier fan since I was a kid and have been attending games regularly since the 1990 season, I was just trying to strike up conversation with fellow X fans on a topic that interests me if I can't do that here I'll just not post anymore. I didn't know you had to be in a select group before you could make a reply like the one I made to kyxu but I was simply stating what I felt.

The Artist
04-01-2008, 01:09 PM
http://www.xavierhoops.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22

kyxu
04-01-2008, 01:21 PM
Here's an idea why don't you take the money you're spending on your recriuting site memberships and put it toward a donation for the "All for one club" so we can keep Coach Miller and his staff here for a long time and continue building this program into a perennial national power.

Done weeks ago.

No one's trying to come down on you, but really no one knows much other than the names of the targets. Everything is still very wide open, including for Mr. Ari Stewart. But as far as when our targets will be making decisions, that probably won't come until the summer. I wouldn't expect the commitment deluge this year like what we received last March.

Drew's Crew
04-01-2008, 01:44 PM
How many spots do we have open for 09 recruits I'm thinking 3 to replace BJ CJ and Chuck. So who do we have on our radar that is showing major interest besides Ari? And what are the chances Miller and the guys get after it and get some verbal commits from these guys within the next couple of weeks just like last year? Does anyone have an inside scoop on how close anyone from the 09 class is to commiting?

First off, I would like to say, welcome to the board.

As a subscribed member or Rivals though, I have to say that it is deifnitely the best out there. All he does is keep in touch with recruits.

It is too borad of a topic and not enough true commitment to just go over them in a post. We have offered a lot of highly recruited guys, mostly 3/4/5 position type players, and many have shown interest.

Ari is the big prize though and he has narrowed it down to fewer schools.

Although many others have shown a lot of interest, they still list like a dozen schools, so it is hard to tell.

Mark 3 Pointer
04-01-2008, 01:46 PM
Seriously fellas the guy asked a legitimate question on Xavier basketball and you get all pretentious on him. He is new here and obviously doesn't know about the recruiting board. Cut the guy some slack.

This is just a message board on three. Readyyyyy... 1-2-3 THIS IS JUST A MESSAGE BOARD!

The Artist
04-01-2008, 01:58 PM
Seriously fellas the guy asked a legitimate question on Xavier basketball and you get all pretentious on him. He is new here and obviously doesn't know about the recruiting board. Cut the guy some slack.

This is just a message board on three. Readyyyyy... 1-2-3 THIS IS JUST A MESSAGE BOARD!

I'm not sure who got all pretentious on him. KY recommended him to another place that he obviously has enjoyed and knew would provide the answers desired. Norman didn't like the answer, and for whatever reason said so in the way he did.

BBC didn't really say much of anything other than that there was a forum on here dedicated to the topic about which was asked.

I know nothing about the 09 recruits other than maybe a few names, so the best I was able to do was provide him a link to the recruiting board as I didn't feel like researching the info myself to provide an answer.

So I'm not sure what anybody did wrong or why anybody is all bent out of shape. This thread got really bizarre at about post 3.

X Factor
04-01-2008, 02:38 PM
Ah, yes, the offseason has arrived.

Just 7 months until practice begins.

This spring and summer has the chance to be huge for Xavier basketball.

Snipe
04-01-2008, 02:58 PM
Ah, yes, the offseason has arrived.

Great posters make themselves in the off season. You can't maintain a high level without putting in the work. If we expect to be Final Four posters we are going to have to bring our A-game into off season training.

kyxu
04-01-2008, 03:13 PM

I'm not sure who got all pretentious on him. KY recommended him to another place that he obviously has enjoyed and knew would provide the answers desired. Norman didn't like the answer, and for whatever reason said so in the way he did.

BBC didn't really say much of anything other than that there was a forum on here dedicated to the topic about which was asked.

I know nothing about the 09 recruits other than maybe a few names, so the best I was able to do was provide him a link to the recruiting board as I didn't feel like researching the info myself to provide an answer.

So I'm not sure what anybody did wrong or why anybody is all bent out of shape. This thread got really bizarre at about post 3.

Thank you, Artist.

I'm not sure who got pretentious on Norman Dale. Sure, it's a legitimate question, but like Drew's Crew said, it's a very broad topic that really none of us could do justice, and of course whatever any of us provide is purely third-hand speculation.

I wasn't trying to be snide to Coach Dale. What I gave was my honest answer, and he didn't like it. If anyone cares about Xavier's recruiting and how it's progressing, go to www.musketeerscoop.com. You don't even need a subscription to read some of it, too.

Muskie
04-01-2008, 07:33 PM
For what it's worth I am going to be working on some info for the 2009 Class. I obviously won't be posting anything from Rivals premium and I don't have the contacts of the esteemed Mr. Snow. However, we'll be taking a look at it on this site as well... just in the recruiting section.

wkrq59
04-02-2008, 02:13 AM
For a brief time there, I thought I was inadvertently back on MM.

Muskie
04-02-2008, 07:38 AM
For a brief time there, I thought I was inadvertently back on MM.

Agreed Q, not sure what happened at the beginning of this thread. At any rate we've started an 09 discussion in the recruiting forums. Just putting the basics together at the moment.