PDA

View Full Version : The Xavier "Shrine" in the office - end of season rituals

coasterville95
04-01-2008, 08:05 AM
I got to thinking about this, how does everybody else handle their proud Xaavier Musketeers Basketball display/shrine.

Currently, I have one one wall of my office a Xavier flag centered over the end table between my guest chairs. On said end table I have the two plush mascots as well as some guest reading material consisting of the media guide, the Cincinnati magazine issue with Fr. Graham and the Musketeer on the cover, and the Sports Illustrated with Drew on the cover. Not to mention the Xavier coffee mug sitting on the Xavier coaster, and the Xavier wallpaper on the PC. (Nice Cintas Center pic from when they had the various wallpapers on the official site)

So the question is this: when, if ever, do you put your "shrine" in storage for the off season. I personally think keeping it up all year diminsihes the effect, kind of like I would not keep my desktop "Charlie Brown Tree" up all year either.

Cheesehead
04-01-2008, 10:58 AM
I work out of my house, so I can do whatever the hell I want. I'm waiting for a X Fathead!

nuts4xu
04-02-2008, 08:54 PM
I don't consider it a shrine, it is simply the decor of my home office.

PM Thor
04-02-2008, 09:04 PM
I did lose my Xavier hat. It was done. I couldn't just throw it away, so I burned it. Yes, I know, weird, but it had to be done.

I now have a new hat for this upcoming year. Other than that, I bought a couple Ts, and there is no difference. For work? My X sticker on my fire helmet will not come off unless I melt the bastard off, and it has been through a half dozen fires or so recently...

XURunner85
04-03-2008, 07:34 PM
My cubicle always has Xavier around it, my computer screen always has something Xavier. Now that the season is over I can now try and finish my decorating my basement of my new house. Let the painting begin....I bet no one can guess what color I am painting it.....or should I say colors.....hmmm I need some bar stools, anyone know where I can get Xavier bar stools???