PDA

View Full Version : This takes the cake! (Dayton delusions)

X Factor
03-30-2008, 08:22 PM
So I take a gander at the udpride message board and come across this thread:

"Who has had it rougher, XU or UD?"

The guy is basically saying Dayton had a tougher road to the quarterfinals of the NIT than Xavier had to the Elite 8 of the NCAA tournament!

Dayton played Cleveland St. and Illinois St. and OSU. One at home and two on the road. Two freakin' mid-majors and a "decent" OSU team.

Seriously, Dayton fans are the biggest sub-society of losers in the world.

Are they even serious? It looks like it.

Dayton fan delusions (http://www.udpride.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5093)

Move this to the smack board or the A-10 board if you want.

joebba
03-30-2008, 08:28 PM
Um, Hello watermelon humping fans, uh I mean, Dayton fans. We beat Purdue and IU, both upper eschelon Big Ten teams for this season.

UD means --- ur dumb.

boozehound
03-30-2008, 08:47 PM
I saw this earlier. It is absolutely astounding.

AdamtheFlyer
03-30-2008, 08:53 PM
I agree.

In fact, it's alomst as sad as obsessing over what a suposed sub-society of losers has to say one day after the best season in Xavier history came to a close.

That's truth.

joebba
03-30-2008, 08:55 PM
I agree.

In fact, it's alomst as sad as obsessing over what a suposed sub-society has to say one day after the best season in Xavier history.

That's truth.

We are just trying to have some fun. If all UD fans were like you it would be hard to have this much fun.

BlueGuy
03-30-2008, 09:06 PM
I had no clue they were still playing. They were in one of those other tournaments?

X Factor
03-30-2008, 09:19 PM
Adam, you seem like a pretty level-headed Dayton fan.

I just found if crazy that a UD fan would even pose the question, and then get the support of practically 99.8% of the rest of the board.

I generally don't have a problem with anything you say. Stick around, should be fun talking hoops over the summer.

But Xavier will always own UD.

AdamtheFlyer
03-30-2008, 09:30 PM
My dad grew up saying UD will always own Xavier.

I'm just joshin. I clicked on that thread and laughed. I mean, UD made a decent run in the NIT, and it's natural to defend yourself, but come on...

XBR1
03-30-2008, 09:32 PM
I saw it too. When I was about to respond I just considered the source.

XtremeXfan
03-30-2008, 10:15 PM
Wow. Have you have seen a dumber argument?

xudash
03-30-2008, 10:31 PM
I saw it a few days ago and was going to post something, but I thought about it and decided it would be best to let it go given we were heading into our big weekend.

I visit a few different boards to keep a pulse on things and Dayton is one of them. I don't do it frequently though. The thing is, I remembered that thread and decided to go back to see if it had finally died out. I think it was at about 50 responses the last time I visited.

Just amazing. It's on a razor thin line between admirable loyalty and total cerebral check out.

pimpinthebox
03-30-2008, 10:37 PM
I must admit to the guilty pleasure I have of checking in on the UD Pride board to see what they're saying. It's comic relief. That's really what it comes down to.

pizza delivery
04-04-2008, 05:29 PM
I've always said the very best (in college basketball) is right here, and I'm a strong believer in that. - Brian Gregory

It starts at the top apparently.

IVANHOE
04-04-2008, 05:42 PM
Just the most ignorant dumbest argument i have ever read. I almost read the whole thread its just one big argument and its so funny. What a waste of time to even post on that board they try and compare teams and they are not even close.

Lets not down them, they are obviously very proud of their NIT bid