PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday XBand01!!

Masterofreality
12-24-2022, 07:55 AM
I met XBand when he WAS still in the Xavier Band at the Atlantic 10 Tournament at the Spectrum in Philadelphia. I *think* circa 1999.
I always had an empathetic feeling for him because anyone who has a birthday on Christmas Eve gets lost in the shuffle and gets screwed out of presents.
So here’s my separate present to you JS!
Happy Birthday long term Brother and thanks for moderating this Internet Tavern like a Jackbooted Thug!!

waggy
12-24-2022, 08:18 AM
Happy bday xband!

X-band '01
12-24-2022, 10:26 AM
What's funny is that Jay Bilas (who was also born on Christmas Eve) made a comment during the PK Invitational about this topic - "Combination gifts should be a felony". But in all seriousness, our family always exchanged gifts on Epiphany, so that was never a problem growing up.

I can't believe I've been on these boards for that long - for those of us that go back, there was Snipe's old Roundtable and Gary and Pablo's forums that existed before XavierHoops became a thing.

Thanks a lot and here's to more meetups at future Xavier games across the country.

paulxu
12-24-2022, 10:40 AM
Happy Bday XBand. Maybe you just have a 48 hour birthday party ?

xudash
12-24-2022, 02:40 PM
Happy Birthday XBand!

For some reason, an image of Will Ferrell and more cowbell just popped in there.

xu82
12-24-2022, 05:24 PM
What's funny is that Jay Bilas (who was also born on Christmas Eve) made a comment during the PK Invitational about this topic - "Combination gifts should be a felony". But in all seriousness, our family always exchanged gifts on Epiphany, so that was never a problem growing up.

I can't believe I've been on these boards for that long - for those of us that go back, there was Snipe's old Roundtable and Gary and Pablo's forums that existed before XavierHoops became a thing.

Thanks a lot and here's to more meetups at future Xavier games across the country.

Happy Birthday! I got you a very special gift, and I look forward to giving it to you at the next Final Four meetup! :-)

xukeith
12-26-2022, 07:58 PM
Happy Birsthday X Band!
I started posting on Musketeer Madness in 1997, I think. I interviewed Skip Prosser and delivered the audio clips to Shelton brothers.
Banned by MM, and 247 but it adds character.
Snipe, Mr. Neutral, Ed, and others were quite the trailblazers.