PDA

View Full Version : The Enemy of My Enemy is My Friend - GO BUCKS!!

vee4xu
03-25-2008, 09:20 PM
That is why I will be rooting for Thad and his Ohio State University Buckeyes versus the Cryers tomorrow night.

xu95
03-25-2008, 09:24 PM
I don't know who I hate more, the Cryers or Thad.

xu95

vee4xu
03-25-2008, 09:29 PM
I don't know who I hate more, the Cryers or Thad.

xu95

They can all go to hell. But, tomorrow I will be Scarlet and Gray all the way.

Kahns Krazy
03-25-2008, 09:33 PM
I guess we can't complain about UC fans rooting for WVU against us then.

XU0001
03-25-2008, 09:34 PM
Having grown up in CBus and having gone to basketball games since before the Jimmy Jackson era I must revert to my roots and root for the Buckeyes over the Cryers. My family is going to the game and I would face family ridicule if I rooted for the Cryers. Too bad I couldn't get my parents tees which state Even God Hates Dayton quick enough for the game, they would have worn them and worn them proudly. I say go BUCKS no matter who their coach is!

Kahns Krazy
03-25-2008, 09:58 PM
As I'm watching Florida dispatch Arizona State (According to Bilas, they got the shaft from the big dance, but can't even win at home against an NIT team), the only reason I am rooting for OSU to win would be so that eventually they can fall to Florida in yet another way. I get endless pleasure from needling my OSU coworker friends about how good they would be if Florida didn't keep getting in their way.

AdamtheFlyer
03-25-2008, 09:58 PM
I'm rooting for the Flyers.

XUglow
03-25-2008, 10:03 PM
As I'm watching Florida dispatch Arizona State (According to Bilas, they got the shaft from the big dance, but can't even win at home against an NIT team), the only reason I am rooting for OSU to win would be so that eventually they can fall to Florida in yet another way. I get endless pleasure from needling my OSU coworker friends about how good they would be if Florida didn't keep getting in their way.

...or Louisiana State

GoMuskies
03-25-2008, 10:06 PM
I hope Dayton wins. I have much more negative thoughts towards OSU. Hell, I remember OSU beating Xavier in basketball. Hard to remember the last time X lost to Dayton.

Bignose Liar
03-25-2008, 10:32 PM
Well of course I guess I have to root against OSU because of their stupid as#hole/lying coach. Seeing as my wife and her family are OSU fans I guess im going to have to side with them. Yes of course I hate that Big Nose Liar just as much as everyone else but my feelings for Dayton are just as strong. I guess all I have to say is

O H I O.......GO BUCKS!

Of course if Jim O'brien was still their I would without a doubt choose the Bucks to crush the Dayton CRIERS!

Fred Garvin
03-26-2008, 01:12 AM
[QUOTE=Bignose Liar;29978

Of course if Jim O'brien was still their I would without a doubt choose the Bucks to crush the Dayton CRIERS![/QUOTE]

Which Jim O'brien?

picknroll
03-26-2008, 05:38 AM
I'm rooting for Dayton to win and join UMass in the NIT Final Four. Great representation for our conference.

Xpectations
03-26-2008, 06:35 AM
I'm also rooting for the Flyers.

nuts4xu
03-26-2008, 07:06 AM
To this day, I fail to see the ire people hold against Thad Matta. He was a great coach while at Xavier, winning 26 games in each of his 3 years as coach. Sure he botched his exit, but the man left the university in as good, if not better shape than when he arrived. That is my definition of a good coach.

I was upset when he left, but with time I got over it. I will never get over my spite for dayton. They suck and represent all that is bad in college athletics. I hate them, and hope they lose by 40 vs The OSU.

Go Bucks!!

xuwin
03-26-2008, 07:36 AM
To this day, I fail to see the ire people hold against Thad Matta. He was a great coach while at Xavier, winning 26 games in each of his 3 years as coach. Sure he botched his exit, but the man left the university in as good, if not better shape than when he arrived. That is my definition of a good coach.

I was upset when he left, but with time I got over it. I will never get over my spite for dayton. They suck and represent all that is bad in college athletics. I hate them, and hope they lose by 40 vs The OSU.

Go Bucks!!

So, in your eyes a coach can do no wrong as long as he wins basketball games?

DC Muskie
03-26-2008, 07:47 AM
I could care less who wins this game. Is this the CSI tournament? The NCIS? CSI Miami tournament?

coasterville95
03-26-2008, 07:48 AM
I'm gonna have to go with the Flyers today. It's for the good of the conference, and last year's Ohio State loss is still a vivid stinging memory.

And they have Chris Wright back, maybe they can show us that they were a legit team.

As far as the Thad angle goes, I'm over that.

I need to check a NIT bracket but if the Flyers win, would they meet UMass in the semi's or would we have to hope for an all A-10 final? (Not forgetting of course we have Florida in, and the alternate storyline of Florida kicking tOSU's butt yet again is also compelling)

xu95
03-26-2008, 08:08 AM
I think I will have to go with the Flyers too. I want them to win as many games so when they start talking smack again I can still remind them of 0-6 during the last 15 months.

Hell, I want them to win the NIT so that KYFlyer can get out his graphs and charts again.

xu95

dc_x
03-26-2008, 08:13 AM
The semis will be:

Florida - UMass
OSU/UD - VA Tech/Ole Miss

I like the NIT just because it's more basketball to watch. Once the Final 4 ends, you have nothing but MLB and NBA until football starts.

nuts4xu
03-26-2008, 07:00 PM
So, in your eyes a coach can do no wrong as long as he wins basketball games?

I never said that. He left the university in as good, if not better shape than when he left. It isn't like he left the school in ruins, on probation, or by getting a DUI. He didn't have graduation rate issues, or guy stealing rubbers on his watch. He left to double his salary in a high profile league such as the big ten using a less than tactful method.

The fact remains, his departure has worked out just fine for Xavier. He left with his replacement on the bench. We hired Miller 15 hours after Matta bolted for Columbus.

Now, we are going to play in our 6th NCAA tourney game since Thad left 4 years ago. We missed the post season just once since Miller has taken over, and now are in the middle of one of the most memorable seasons ever for a Xavier fan. We won more games this year than any single season in our history. We are in our 3rd Sweet Sixteen right now. We are still a mainstay in the NCAA tournament--just like when Thad left Xavier.

So can someone please explain to me how Thad has scarred Xavier so badly he is cursed on a regular basis around here? I don't trust him, and wouldn't hire him to coach at Xavier again. But if ANY team he coaches is playing dayton...that is a no freaking brainer.

I gotta root for Thad. The list on why I hate dayton is very long. I didn't like the way Thad left Xavier. But that was years ago, and I'm over it.

F**k dayton!!! Go Buckeyes!!!

XUglow
03-26-2008, 07:39 PM
It hasn't gone final, but Ole Miss is 10 up on VaTech with 5 minutes to go. If that score holds, the 3 #2 seeds that have played so far have gone on the road and won at the #1 seed. Dayton is a #3 seed, but I wonder now if they can make it 4 #1 seeds losing in 4 home games.

If that happens, the NIT finals would be A-10 vs SEC and A-10 vs. SEC.

dethwing
03-26-2008, 08:38 PM
I had forgotten just how good wright was. Dayton looking pretty hot tonight

GoMuskies
03-26-2008, 08:49 PM
Good first half. Pretty good getting 20,000 fans for an NIT game.

Kahns Krazy
03-26-2008, 09:01 PM
The end of the half was a mess.

kyxu
03-26-2008, 09:11 PM
If Dayton had any kind of a point guard, they would've made the Tournament, even without Chris Wright. London Warren is terrible. He missed Wright streaking down the right side for an uncontested jam, he threw the ball out of his teammate's reach in the corner when completely unguarded and got picked under his own basket -- all in the span of about 40 seconds.

Very impressed with Chris Wright, however.

Bignose Liar
03-26-2008, 09:34 PM
Which Jim O'brien?

The Cheater Jim O'Brien...who coached OSU.