PDA

View Full Version : Flyers could "Fly" to Nutter for NIT

coasterville95
03-24-2008, 05:15 PM
In Sports News of the Weird:

If the Flyers defeat Illinois State tonight, they could host their quarterfinal game in the NIT. The problem is they have rented out UD Arena on the night the game would be played. However, they have arranged with Wright State to play the game at Nutter Center if that happened.

Mind you, for that to happen two things have to happen:
1) The Flyers have to beat Illinois State - The game is at Illinois State and the Flyers are the underdogs.

2) Ohio State would have to lose to California on a "neutral court" in Columbus, OH. The Buckeyes are the favorite.

So yes, its very unlikely, but the contingency plan is in place, never mind the fact Nutter Center itself is rented out that night as well, but Whright State has the right to bounce the Dayton Bombers hockey team. The Bombers would play at a tiny arena instead that night.
(I notice Ticket Master already has a listing for the NIT at Nutter)

Oh, and why is Ohio State playing on a neutral site? Because they rented out Value City Arena tonight, so they will be playing at St. Johns Arena.

Ya know, I thought one of the benefits of opening your own on campus arena was so that you didn't have to mess with this kind of thing!

BlueGuy
03-24-2008, 06:00 PM
What is this "NIT" thing you speak of?

AdamtheFlyer
03-24-2008, 07:49 PM
That would have been something. Buckeyes up big on Cal, though, so it's moot.

Flyers up 11 with about 3 minutes left. A strong finish from a fun quarterfinal matchup. If you have to be in the NIT, you may as well play the big state school. Why not...

GoMuskies
03-24-2008, 08:11 PM
Nice win. Definitely rooting for the lesser of two evils in the quarters. Go team playing Ohio State!

AdamtheFlyer
03-24-2008, 08:16 PM
The A10 has a realistic chance to have an Elite 8 NCAA team and two NIT final four teams in the NIT.

That's not bad. GO X, Go UMass, and Go UD.

XUglow
03-24-2008, 08:16 PM
I cannot believe I am saying this, but I am acutally looking forward to an NIT game.

AdamtheFlyer
03-24-2008, 08:18 PM
Glow, is the lovely lady in your sig Michelle McCool by chance?

Juice
03-24-2008, 08:25 PM
According to espn.com's box score, some of the normal UD starters did not start, was this a mistake by ESPN (which is very likely) or was something up with the Flyers?

AdamtheFlyer
03-24-2008, 08:29 PM
I think it was the same starting 5 that's been out there since Wright got hurt. Roberts, Johnson, Sandoval, Binnie, Hueslman.

XUglow
03-24-2008, 08:34 PM
Glow, is the lovely lady in your sig Michelle McCool by chance?

No, that's just the latest Miss Muskie from my camera phone. If you need legal help, she is a lawyer, and ALL of the judges love her. Can't possibly imagine why though.

BlueGuy
03-24-2008, 08:36 PM
No, that's just the latest Miss Muskie from my camera phone. If you need legal help, she is a lawyer, and ALL of the judges love her. Can't possibly imagine why though.

Well done Glow. Well done!

XUglow
03-24-2008, 08:39 PM
Well done Glow. Well done!

No.... She's available. She's my ex-g/f. We are like Jerry and Elaine though and hang out together quite a bit.

nuts4xu
03-24-2008, 09:44 PM
Glow, does the fact I am a Muskie fan win me any points with your Elaine? What if I let her rub the head of my David West Bobblehead while looking at my Romain Sato growth chart?

That has to win points with the ladies.

xeus
03-24-2008, 10:32 PM
What if I let her rub the head of my David West Bobblehead while looking at my Romain Sato growth chart?

nuts, that's disgusting.

X-band '01
03-25-2008, 05:30 AM
Chris Wright returned last night for UD; the Flyers really have to like their chances with him back against Ohio State on Wednesday night.

XUglow
03-25-2008, 07:38 AM
Glow, does the fact I am a Muskie fan win me any points with your Elaine? What if I let her rub the head of my David West Bobblehead while looking at my Romain Sato growth chart?

That has to win points with the ladies.

I would suggest something like champagne for Miss Muskie. Look at her pic. She has a wristband on the keep sweat out of her vodka for goodness sakes.

Kahns Krazy
03-25-2008, 04:37 PM
What the hell is going on in this thread? I kind of feel like Glow is pimping his ex.

Not that there's anything wrong with that....

XUglow
03-25-2008, 05:37 PM
What the hell is going on in this thread? I kind of feel like Glow is pimping his ex.

Not that there's anything wrong with that....

What can I say? Look at her. She needs help attracting guys.

Johnny X
03-25-2008, 06:05 PM
Dude, your ex-girlfriend is your avatar...

XUglow
03-25-2008, 07:54 PM
Dude, your ex-girlfriend is your avatar...

If it makes you feel better, I have other ex-g/f's that I don't use for avitars.
1) We are still great friends.
2) Miss Muskie used to post on MM, so I am just keeping her legacy alive until she returns.
3) She is hosting the Xavier viewing party in our community for the next game.
4) She gave permission to be one (3) of my rotating avitars.

Johnny X
03-25-2008, 08:32 PM
Just razzin' you, glow. Thought it was...interesting