PDA

View Full Version : Big 12 BE challenge

JTG
06-01-2021, 05:07 PM
Once again X gets the shitty pairing in a challenge . X v OK St. Yeah they may be very good but , the Cowboys do not have any pizzazz.

GoMuskies
06-01-2021, 05:35 PM
Where? Please say Stillwater.

JTG
06-01-2021, 05:47 PM
Yes at Stillwater

GIMMFD
06-01-2021, 05:58 PM
Yes at Stillwater

At least a chance for a good roadkill against a hopefully good opponent, granted they'll be without ole' Cade... I'd be shocked if we didn't draw WVU once, just for the Huggins storyline though... surprised it hasn't happened yet.

Xville
06-01-2021, 06:03 PM
They should be a tourney team even without Cade, so I like the matchup...yeah it’s not Kansas but I’ll take it.

Xavier
06-01-2021, 08:32 PM
I mean at this point it isn’t like X is a big draw in these classics. That’s what happens when you miss the tournament three years in a row.

xavierj
06-01-2021, 09:49 PM
I mean at this point it isn’t like X is a big draw in these classics. That’s what happens when you miss the tournament three years in a row.

That’s not how it works. If it was then Villanova would be playing Kansas every year. They rotate it and also have to fit it in the schedules. Similar to the Big 10 challenge. When Xavier was a year removed from a #1 seed they were matched up with TCU. Not sure how long this thing runs but would imagine they would get matched up with West Virginia.

Would also be nice if at some point with the Big 10 games that they could get matched with Michigan State or Ohio State. Which brings up the question, is Xavier involved in the Gavitt games this year? I think they are supposed to be but have not heard anything.

nuts4xu
06-02-2021, 12:31 PM
Would also be nice if at some point with the Big 10 games that they could get matched with Michigan State or Ohio State. Which brings up the question, is Xavier involved in the Gavitt games this year? I think they are supposed to be but have not heard anything.

I believe they pushed back the games from last year, and we will be playing Wisconsin (again) on the road. Can't find anything on the google machine that will confirm this.

xavierj
06-02-2021, 12:52 PM
I believe they pushed back the games from last year, and we will be playing Wisconsin (again) on the road. Can't find anything on the google machine that will confirm this.

Thanks I think that’s right. Not sure why it’s written in the contract that Xavier always has to play Wisconsin in these games.

GIMMFD
06-02-2021, 03:01 PM
Thanks I think that’s right. Not sure why it’s written in the contract that Xavier always has to play Wisconsin in these games.

Yeah, not gonna lie, I'm incredibly bored of playing Wisconsin, that Michigan year was pretty fun, that'd be one I'd welcome again, but Michigan State, Indiana, Ohio State, Illinois... and we KEEP getting Wisconsin. Annoying.

xavier513
06-03-2021, 11:05 AM
Yeah, not gonna lie, I'm incredibly bored of playing Wisconsin, that Michigan year was pretty fun, that'd be one I'd welcome again, but Michigan State, Indiana, Ohio State, Illinois... and we KEEP getting Wisconsin. Annoying.

I'm not in the know, but I've heard no indication that Xavier was supposed to play Wisconsin last year or this year and I find it hard to believe they would schedule that matchup 3 times in a row. I did hear rumors that Xavier was supposed to play at Indiana or Purdue last season before the challenge got nixed.

JTG
06-03-2021, 11:32 AM
I'm not in the know, but I've heard no indication that Xavier was supposed to play Wisconsin last year or this year and I find it hard to believe they would schedule that matchup 3 times in a row. I did hear rumors that Xavier was supposed to play at Indiana or Purdue last season before the challenge got nixed.

I'd rather skip it than play Wisky again. Hopefully we draw someone else.

GIMMFD
06-03-2021, 02:29 PM

Eh, I'd be fine with not playing Purdue again either, since I do remember that amazing white out game where Tu showed his massive balls those few years back, would much rather get someone new, but either way would take it over Wisky.