PDA

View Full Version : Wrapping it up

Bigbluebrotha
03-23-2008, 05:12 PM
Spirited effort in the second half, needed a better start and it's probably a different story.

Good that this team is back next year in its entirety and will get some guard help. It definitely caught up with our ladies.

Great effort by Jerri today, Moe showed up, Tudi came up with some hustle plays, April ground away while Amber and Tashi'a did well in traffic. Pretty solid defensive effort in the second half gave the ladies a chance. Good use of the timeouts by coach McGuff in the closing seconds. Got what he could, the ladies got three looks late to cut it to one, but no dice.

Hopefully they use this for motivation next year. Tough end, but all in all a pretty good season for a team that developed its identity as it went. A little nip here and tuck there and I think this team has the chance to be a Sweet 16 contender if not better next year.

It seems like a long way off, but it'll be here before we know it.

With that, and in the spirit of the elections, I now pledge all my Xavier delegates to the men's team and hope it continues what has the chance to be an historic run.

Thanks to the ladies and coaches, Schmaltz, all my fellow posters and all involved in the program for a fun season. Eager to see if the ladies come back bigger and better next season.

LET'S GO X! , LET'S GO X!, LET'S GO X!

XU-PA
03-23-2008, 05:54 PM
Was a pleasure watching these ladies play and following the season, as always the XU program is head and shoulders above the rest of the world.

The cry "wait till next year" is not just an old worn out phrase now, the next two years could very well elevate XU WBB to heights not imagined a decade ago.

Can't wait till it tips off all over again.

Thanks to the team, the coaching staff and the rest of the faithful fans.

spongebob
03-23-2008, 06:29 PM
Ditto from here to both of those posts.

FLXFAN
03-25-2008, 06:34 AM
Ditto from Florida!! Sorry to see it all end but they really had a great season and have great things to come next year!!