PDA

View Full Version : Dawn Rogers

xude
03-23-2008, 01:01 PM
Did anyone see her at the game yesterday? I swear I saw he with an ASU jacket. I didn't think she left on good terms. Either way, I am soooooo glad we have Bobinski back!!!

ATL Muskie
03-23-2008, 02:37 PM
http://www.sybildanning.net/images/BIO-exercise.jpg

MD Muskie
03-23-2008, 05:12 PM
yeah she was definitely there. I walked right past here as everyone was letting out of the arena

xavierdude
03-23-2008, 05:29 PM
I saw her too, i think...dressed down quite a bit it appeared.

Xu Red Dogg
03-23-2008, 05:34 PM
This topic is unbelievable honestly. This is Musketeermadness material and I am disappointed to see this here. Dawn was always a pleasure to deal with in the limited interactions that I had with her. She HIRED Sean Miller and made decision within the athletic program that we are all benefiting from today.

Honestly... delete this crap.

ATL Muskie
03-23-2008, 05:37 PM
This topic is unbelievable honestly. This is Musketeermadness material and I am disappointed to see this here. Dawn was always a pleasure to deal with in the limited interactions that I had with her. She HIRED Sean Miller and made decision within the athletic program that we are all benefiting from today.

Honestly... delete this crap.

She didn't exactly exert much energy when Sean was hired. I think it was a forgone conclusion when Matta left that Sean was going to be the guy. Dawn was probably a fine AD and a fine person, but I feel much better with Bobinski at the helm. I think it's a fair topic to discuss.

xavierdude
03-23-2008, 05:40 PM
She didn't exactly exert much energy when Sean was hired. I think it was a forgone conclusion when Matta left that Sean was going to be the guy. Dawn was probably a fine AD and a fine person, but I feel much better with Bobinski at the helm. I think it's a fair topic to discuss.

and to add...I'm pretty sure the Xavier players were the ones who very emphatically pushed for sean's hiring

jdm2000
03-23-2008, 06:01 PM
Not clear on what's terrible about this topic. Someone mentioned they saw a former X AD at the game. Most have said they are happy with the current AD.

I would assume someone would mention it if they saw Gillen at the game, no?

xude
03-23-2008, 09:40 PM
Not clear on what's terrible about this topic. Someone mentioned they saw a former X AD at the game. Most have said they are happy with the current AD.

I would assume someone would mention it if they saw Gillen at the game, no?

Agreed. I have nothing against Dawn, just surprised to see her there because i thought there may have been some bad blood when she left. I also think Mike Bobinski is outstanding and a great leader, and I think its ok to say that...

GuyFawkes38
03-23-2008, 10:38 PM
The truth is that Thad Matta hired Sean Miller as the X coach.

wkrq59
03-24-2008, 12:13 AM
The truth is that Thad Matta hired Sean Miller as the X coach.

Actually it was Fr. Michael Graham who ordered Dawn Rogers to hire Sean immediately after Thad accepted the job. She allegedly wanted to form a search committee and interview several candidates which would have spread the process into the season. Fr. Graham said no and ordered her to call a press conference at which he made the announcement.

Cheesehead
03-24-2008, 09:44 PM
Q: That's also what I heard. Although, I'm sure you have more sources than I do.

Fred Garvin
03-25-2008, 10:13 PM
That's funny that Dawn wanted to form a search committee. I remember at the time an irate KFX wrote a letter to the university saying we rushed in hiring Sean. Looks like things turned out okay.

Bignose Liar
03-25-2008, 10:36 PM
I think that if we didnt hire Miller all the Xavier Alums would have been pissed since we knew back then Miller got all the recruits not Matta. Glad we have Miller locked up for a long time. I will admit the first year was really tough to watch and I think i remember calling for him to be fired but after thinking more about it I decided he was the best coach for Xavier.

KFX
03-25-2008, 11:51 PM
That's funny that Dawn wanted to form a search committee. I remember at the time an irate KFX wrote a letter to the university saying we rushed in hiring Sean. Looks like things turned out okay.

Having just been screwed by Thad I wondered why we were so hell bent on hiring his assistant. I wondered where this left us vis a vis recruits and thought that it might compromoise us in situations with some kids. Glad to be proven wrong.