PDA

View Full Version : JP Macura today

Masterofreality
01-18-2020, 08:40 AM
Trekked down to the Canton Charge game last night. Our boy JP had a cool 28 and is averaging over 15 ppg. Same ol’ disruptive, hard working, quick hands JP too. #LeagueHim 🏀

bleedXblue
01-18-2020, 08:42 AM
And JP isn't incredibly gifted physically. Just has a strong desire to win and play hard.

noteggs
01-18-2020, 10:37 AM
Highlights from the game. Great instincts as well.

https://twitter.com/nbagleague/status/1218366146853986309?s=12

whopper
01-18-2020, 10:49 AM
Damn that was impressive. Shows how hard it is to make the NBA today with 25% in NBA foreign born plus alll the one and does.. Trevon and Kaiser looking very good too and lets not forget that we had them to see and cheer for for many years.

X Factor
01-18-2020, 04:01 PM
Wow, moving withouth the ball. That's something you don't see from anyone on Xavier.

Masterofreality
01-18-2020, 04:24 PM
Wow, moving withouth the ball. That's something you don't see from anyone on Xavier.

JP never stops moving, or stops hawking the ball on D. The kid is the epitome of playing hard

MADXSTER
01-18-2020, 04:41 PM
JP has a pretty good basketball IQ too.

Lloyd Braun
01-18-2020, 04:44 PM
JP has a pretty good basketball IQ too.

Bingo. I was going to start a thread on this and cite numerous examples of how much this is needed but decided against it.

Back to the intent of the thread, I went down 2 weeks ago to watch JP and it was a lot of fun. He will sign X stuff if you grab his attention. I miss him dearly.

Masterofreality
01-19-2020, 07:31 PM
Just to put a cap on the weekend, JP's Canton Charge beat Toronto last night, 106-103 with, guess who, JP Maccura leading the way with 26 and 10 rebounds. Hell of a weekend for the kid.

Damn I miss him.

XUOWNSUC
02-09-2020, 08:24 PM
So JP got a 10-day contract with the Cavs today. Anybody know exactly how the 10-day contracts work (especially with the NBA All-Star game coming up)? Is it likely that he will get into a game (they play the Atlanta Hawks next)?

I know next to nothing about the Cavs. Is he replacing somebody that got hurt?

I read that a 10-day contract in 2019 was worth 46K (guaranteed) for a rookie and 74K (guranteed) for a one year veteran. Not sure which JP would be since he played in 2 NBA games last year.

Congrats JP!

Lloyd Braun
02-09-2020, 08:53 PM
The Cavs recently had a trade and had an open roster spot. They also had another 10 day contract (Marques Bolden) expire, opening 2 spots for 2-way players so JP was one of the two called up. They can only sign two consecutive 10 day contracts before they are required to sign them for the rest of the season.

sirthought
02-10-2020, 03:23 AM
He's not a rookie this season, so nice money for a 10 day stretch.

Their season is in the toilet. They are now working on player development and project as a high chance for getting the number one draft pick.

No reason not to throw JP out there and see how he performs. But they have nothing but young backcourt players that project like he does or better. I doubt they have a long term plan at this point but we'll see what his opportunities are. However, I really don't like their last two first round picks. Both talented, but ball hogs for point guards, who don't know how to set up their team or play great defense.

Cavs just traded Brandon Knight and John Henson for Andre Drummond. So, one less guard. Although Drummond's style is not the hot thing in today's NBA, Cavs still picked up a top performer at a good price. It'll be interesting to see if he stays around next season or tries to see if anyone else will invest in him like Cleveland will.

D-West & PO-Z
02-10-2020, 01:34 PM
Unless they sign him to guaranteed deal, as a 2 way player he is only allowed to be up so many days right? Not even games but just days where they practice I think?

GoMuskies
02-10-2020, 01:34 PM
Too bad he wasn't there last night. The Cavs lost by 41 to the Clippers. That's the kind of game where JP might have played 25 minutes.

Lloyd Braun
02-10-2020, 01:54 PM
Unless they sign him to guaranteed deal, as a 2 way player he is only allowed to be up so many days right? Not even games but just days where they practice I think?

Two 10-day contracts.

Too bad he wasn't there last night. The Cavs lost by 41 to the Clippers. That's the kind of game where JP might have played 25 minutes.

He was there but inactive.

D-West & PO-Z
02-10-2020, 04:09 PM
Two 10-day contracts.

He was there but inactive.

2 10 day contracts in a row or for the whole year?

Lloyd Braun
02-10-2020, 04:25 PM
2 10 day contracts in a row or for the whole year?

Per year and after those two they are free agents to sign with anyone if the team does not guarantee their contract for the remainder of the year. The Cavs recently went through this with Alfonso McKinnie. They waived him and eventually signed him back at a long term deal. I would be surprised if this is what they do with JP, however as it appears they are using their 2-way players mostly to fill roster spots.

XUOWNSUC
02-13-2020, 05:49 AM
JP got into the game last night - he played 1 minute but had no stats other than that. He has now played in 3 NBA games.

Masterofreality
02-13-2020, 10:08 AM
JP got into the game last night - he played 1 minute but had no stats other than that. He has now played in 3 NBA games.

Here’s what’s better for our Man JP.
He’s been named to USA Basketball’s 12 man team to play in the FIBA AmeriCup Qualifying games. The team is coached by former Cavs & NBA Coach Mike Fratello. This Is the first step to the 2023 World Cup.
They actually train starting Friday and play games in San Juan & Washington DC.
Get em JP!!

https://www.usab.com/news-events/news/2020/02/men-americup-qualifying-team.aspx