PDA

View Full Version : Following our 2020 recruits

noteggs
06-07-2019, 07:41 PM
Really enjoyed “Xupermans” thread on 2019 thread on last year recruits. Think is it’s only fitting to start it again since we have two commits this year.

noteggs
06-07-2019, 08:23 PM
https://jerseysportszone.com/top-2020-shooter-wilcher-commits-to-xavier-musketeers/

CJ has great range which will be perfect for new 3 line. Not sure he’ll be the next Tre, but love the outside opportunity we so desperately need. With him and Dahmir, should be fun to watch!

GIMMFD
06-08-2019, 01:24 PM
https://jerseysportszone.com/top-2020-shooter-wilcher-commits-to-xavier-musketeers/

CJ has great range which will be perfect for new 3 line. Not sure he’ll be the next Tre, but love the outside opportunity we so desperately need. With him and Dahmir, should be fun to watch!

Calls himself the best shooter in the class, we needed outside shooting help and got it in a big way, the type of guy who's shot won't matter how far you push the line back

bobbiemcgee
06-08-2019, 03:46 PM
Welcome CJ

xudash
06-08-2019, 04:09 PM
Notwithstanding that it is a highlight reel, did you guys notice that he may have made contact with the rim about one time on all those shots? This guy is nothing but net!

bobbiemcgee
06-09-2019, 01:53 PM
Early but could be the best class ever.

scoscox
06-09-2019, 06:54 PM
https://www.prepcircuit.com/news_article/show/1027209

some interesting insight into cj wilcher's decision and travis' recruiting style

noteggs
06-09-2019, 08:49 PM
https://www.prepcircuit.com/news_article/show/1027209

some interesting insight into cj wilcher's decision and travis' recruiting style

I’ve heard this consistency stuff before with Steele and staff so nice to hear. Surprised (ok maybe not) that other teams do not. Sounds like other programs still continue to tell a recruit what they want to hear vs reality and change accordingly.

GIMMFD
06-10-2019, 10:33 AM
I’ve heard this consistency stuff before with Steele and staff so nice to hear. Surprised (ok maybe not) that other teams do not. Sounds like other programs still continue to tell a recruit what they want to hear vs reality and change accordingly.

A big thing Wilcher said to The Athletic is that he cares bout the academics too as I've stated, he seems to have a really good head on his shoulders. He said the staff was also texting him basically daily, and that if it wasn't Dante, or Ben Johnson, Steele and Hayes would send a text too. I said it earlier, and I'll say it again, it really seems like this staff likes to recruit, and likes to build genuine connections, that could play a major role in being able to land some of these prospects. I'm really hoping Johnson and Hayes stay for a couple more years.

scoscox
06-10-2019, 01:38 PM
https://nothingbutnylon.com/c-j-wilcher/

Nice article on cj and his family written before his commitment

noteggs
06-15-2019, 11:22 AM
Look at the range for Wilcher! Add to what Odom just did at the NBPA, rather impressive start to the 2020 class!

https://t.co/lpAFFPVIK5?ssr=true

noteggs
06-15-2019, 04:36 PM
More from ESPN analysts at NBPA on Odom. Hopefully this will increase his National ranking. At the end of the day does it matter? Kid’s a stud!

https://t.co/2y3V2mpkJV?ssr=true

xu82
06-15-2019, 05:08 PM
More from ESPN analysts at NBPA on Odom. Hopefully this will increase his National ranking. At the end of the day does it matter? Kid’s a stud!

Last year, for reasons beyond my control, I didn’t make it up for a game. It’s been quite a few years since that has happened. I’m more excited than ever to get up there in the coming years!

GIMMFD
06-16-2019, 01:17 AM

Eh I don't know, but I really don't take any weight into ESPN recruiting, they really have packed it in on that regard, I enjoy 247 the most these days, so I try to use their own ranking along with the composite, and either way, as long as we can get Odom on campus, he looks like the real deal. Just an absolute stud by all means.

noteggs
06-16-2019, 07:28 PM
Looks like Odom got the Rodney Rogers award at the NBPA which was awarded for courage. Think I’m running out things to call this guy!

sirthought
06-16-2019, 10:17 PM
Totally unnecessary comparison:

Odum = Holloway
Tandy = Lyons
Wilcher = Bluiett

Never 100% of skills and stats, but from what I've seen of style, swagger, and how they add to a team I think this is what we can expect. Wilcher looks so much like Bluiett when he was a freshman. It's exciting to think that in a couple years we should see all three on court and working together.

UCGRAD4X
06-17-2019, 08:06 AM
Looks like Odom got the Rodney Rogers award at the NBPA which was awarded for courage. Think I’m running out things to call this guy!

"Downhill Assassin" according to Rivals

GIMMFD
06-17-2019, 10:51 AM
Totally unnecessary comparison:

Odum = Holloway
Tandy = Lyons
Wilcher = Bluiett

Never 100% of skills and stats, but from what I've seen of style, swagger, and how they add to a team I think this is what we can expect. Wilcher looks so much like Bluiett when he was a freshman. It's exciting to think that in a couple years we should see all three on court and working together.

If these guys can pan out like Holloway, Lyons, and Blueitt, then we have set ourselves up incredibly well for the future, definitely see what you're saying, they do have a swagger about them. Boat loads of confidence, and really look like they could help X get better and better. Obviously statistics wise won't be the same like you said, but man, it's really hard not to get excited about the 2019 class, and the jump we've got on 2020 so far.

noteggs
06-18-2019, 02:20 PM
"Downhill Assassin" according to Rivals

Ok Downhill Assassin works especially after watching highlights of him at NBPA.

https://t.co/Hx62Dk0Ujg?ssr=true

xu82
06-18-2019, 04:11 PM
Ok Downhill Assassin works especially after watching highlights of him at NBPA.

https://t.co/Hx62Dk0Ujg?ssr=true

What a beautiful sight! I feel a Super Bowl in our future! Or any other damn thing we want to win!

noteggs
06-25-2019, 09:53 PM
This is why I love Steele’s recruiting! He got Odom to commit for 2020 and he became the anchor for the class! Next we got what we needed, an outside shooter (Wilcher). Now, we can try to get the best available 4-5 for us (Carlson possibly). Not to slam on Mack, but this was (IMO) our biggest problem in ‘18 recruiting, we swung for the fences and had no anchor.

GIMMFD
06-26-2019, 02:42 AM
This is why I love Steele’s recruiting! He got Odom to commit for 2020 and he became the anchor for the class! Next we got what we needed, an outside shooter (Wilcher). Now, we can try to get the best available 4-5 for us (Carlson possibly). Not to slam on Mack, but this was (IMO) our biggest problem in ‘18 recruiting, we swung for the fences and had no anchor.

Carlson has 2 crystal balls pointed in our direction, but also something interesting to note Niels Lane (4*, ranked 67th overall, SG) has us warm with Florida, Providence, and Seton Hall; Keyon Ambrose-Hylton (4*, ranked 80th overall, PF) has us warm with Dayton (really?? wtf), and Jalen Bridges (4*, ranked 81st overall) warm with Pitt and WVU; all of WVU's crystal balls were last year, the insider WVU board doesn't think it's as much of a done deal as a lot of people think it is even though he grew up in Fairmont (15 minutes away from WVU)... Steele has the potential to bring in a MONSTER class.

GIMMFD
06-26-2019, 03:03 AM
Oops forgot to add, when the new 247 Composite Rankings come out, the new composite scores for Wilcher and Odom would be:
Odom: 0.9809 (this would make him the 5th highest ranked recruit in X history, coming in right before Naji Marshall, and right after Kenny Frease, so somewhere around 50th overall)
Wilcher: 0.9685 (this would make him the 8th highest ranked recruit in X history, coming in right before Q, and right after J-Mart, so somewhere around 78th overall)

Obviously those are subject to change as recruiting sites change and evaluate, but a phenomenal start to this class.

bobbiemcgee
06-26-2019, 09:47 AM
"Hoopseen":

Dwon Odom, 6-1, PG, 2020, St. Francis (GA)
No one helped their national reputation more at the NBPA Top 100 camp this week than Odom. He was outstanding in Charlottesville. The go-to move for Odom is his powerful and explosive first step. He’s cat-quick like a running back looking for the gap. When he saw light in the tunnel to the rim, the Atlanta area guard burst to the rim and scored at will when he got into the lane. His future head coach Travis Steele is going to love the athleticism and toughness Odom plays with. He’s one of the most competitive and dynamic lead guards in the class nationally.
Schools involved: Committed to Xavier

noteggs
07-05-2019, 07:17 PM
Looks like Niels Lane has become a top choice for X in 2020 according to 247 prospects. Anyone know anything about him besides the nice new ranking? His 6/15 ranking went from 293 to 69, so I’m guessing he had a great spring.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=M0Q48kM4do8

Latest video I could find on him. Looks impressive on both sides of the ball.

XUGRAD80
07-05-2019, 08:38 PM
And KY is now interested in him.....

noteggs
07-05-2019, 09:14 PM
Ugh...

Saw that Calipari is due to see him on Sunday. Hopefully this not another Allen situation.

xavierj
07-05-2019, 09:41 PM
Ugh...

Saw that Calipari is due to see him on Sunday. Hopefully this not another Allen situation.

KY already offered the other guy on Niels team that Cal is also checking in with on Sunday, a 4 star center. Doubt KY would take two dudes ranked where they are but who knows. KY would also probably want them to wait as well as they try to get higher rated guys.

XUGRAD80
07-06-2019, 06:20 AM
You know what is strange, thrilling, and kind of mind blowing all at the same time.......that X is now recruiting the same players that are also getting recruited by schools like KY, Kansas, Duke, NC, etc. Doesn’t seem all that long ago that it was the Dayton’s, Miami’s, and Temple’s of the world that were the major competition. And go back just a little further in time and it was the NKU’s and eastern Ky’s that were involved with the same players.

Lordy but it’s been a great 40 years since then!

xu82
07-06-2019, 03:38 PM
You know what is strange, thrilling, and kind of mind blowing all at the same time.......that X is now recruiting the same players that are also getting recruited by schools like KY, Kansas, Duke, NC, etc. Doesn’t seem all that long ago that it was the Dayton’s, Miami’s, and Temple’s of the world that were the major competition. And go back just a little further in time and it was the NKU’s and eastern Ky’s that were involved with the same players.

Lordy but it’s been a great 40 years since then!

This is indeed awesome!

I maintain that it’s just a coincidence that things have been looking up ever since I left.

scoscox
07-06-2019, 04:21 PM
This is indeed awesome!

I maintain that it’s just a coincidence that things have been looking up ever since it left.

"it" = Chris Mack? lol

xu82
07-06-2019, 05:55 PM
"it" = Chris Mack? lol

OOPS! Haha

GIMMFD
07-06-2019, 07:05 PM
KY already offered the other guy on Niels team that Cal is also checking in with on Sunday, a 4 star center. Doubt KY would take two dudes ranked where they are but who knows. KY would also probably want them to wait as well as they try to get higher rated guys.

Yeah definitely think UK will get guys in the top 30, but the interest has to be in Niels mind, it'll be interesting to see how things shake out. That jump from Lane was crazy, so definitely seems he's been re-evaluated, it's nice to see we're in on some targets the blue bloods like as XUGrad80 said, things are definitely looking up!!

smileyy
07-06-2019, 10:11 PM
IIRC, Xavier was in on Anthony Davis before he completely blew up.

noteggs
07-07-2019, 12:16 PM
Just looking at recruiting websites at halftime of the World Cup and noticed Brian Snow put a X crystal ball on Niels Lane. This would be awesome! With Odom, Wilcher and Lane that would be some potential talent.

scoscox
07-07-2019, 01:39 PM
I would think that would be enticing for carlson and keon ambrose as well. Could be a legit top ten class

GIMMFD
07-07-2019, 03:22 PM
Just looking at recruiting websites at halftime of the World Cup and noticed Brian Snow put a X crystal ball on Niels Lane. This would be awesome! With Odom, Wilcher and Lane that would be some potential talent.

Stop it, I can't deal with this excitement.

I would think that would be enticing for carlson and keon ambrose as well. Could be a legit top ten class

You'd have to think Carlson definitely would be in after seeing that, you're right, a 4 man class MINIMUM that would be top 10, I'm kind of salivating at the thought.. proud of the way Steele and his staff have recruited the last couple years, a major uptick. I expected it, because the staff is filled out with very personable coaches, but man... crazy to see.

noteggs
07-07-2019, 03:32 PM
Would like to get feedback on what type of coach Dante is. However, he has completely blown me away as a recruiter. First stop, we’ll put him on Bishop and see what he can do - check. Now Wilcher and potentially Lane - I’m sold.

xu82
07-07-2019, 04:28 PM
Would like to get feedback on what type of coach Dante is. However, he has completely blown me away as a recruiter. First stop, we’ll put him on Bishop and see what he can do - check. Now Wilcher and potentially Lane - I’m sold.

It certainly is encouraging! I wanted him to do well, just because he’s Dante. Now, I want him to kill it for us!

fellahmuskie
07-07-2019, 05:39 PM
Once Steele goes to the NBA, he can be our next head coach, ha ha. Dante would never leave.

WCWIII
07-07-2019, 09:36 PM

There are good, recently released, video interviews with Travis about the ass't coaches ... (link to Dante's (https://twitter.com/i/status/1146818452579074050)) - others are also on the Xavier MBB twitter feed.

UCGRAD4X
07-08-2019, 08:48 AM
Once Steele goes to the NBA, he can be our next head coach, ha ha. Dante would never leave.

That's what I thought (once upon a time Pollyanna Land) about "He Who Shall Remain Nameless Until a Suitably Derogatory Moniker Can Be Established"

scoscox
07-08-2019, 08:57 AM
That's what I thought (once upon a time Pollyanna Land) about "He Who Shall Remain Nameless Until a Suitably Derogatory Moniker Can Be Established"

Eh, Dante has always been much more demonstrative about his love for Xavier than Mack ever was

noteggs
07-09-2019, 11:04 PM
There are good, recently released, video interviews with Travis about the ass't coaches ... (link to Dante's (https://twitter.com/i/status/1146818452579074050)) - others are also on the Xavier MBB twitter feed.

Great link and now following! Recently saw Ben and Dante on Q&A which was funny on their likes.

noteggs
07-10-2019, 06:29 PM
Interesting article from Kentucky.com. Looks like UK is still looking at Lane and Mane. Mane was a stretch but don’t like Lane’s name mentioned. Like XUGRAD80 stated, weird we’re recruiting against UK and alike.

https://www.kentucky.com/sports/college/kentucky-sports/uk-recruiting/article232448137.html

scoscox
07-10-2019, 08:19 PM
It's just speculating because Calipari watched one of his games. He hasn't been offered and it's rare for Kentucky to offer a kid ranked in the 60's from out of state. I wouldnt worry about it too much. We're recruiting well, but not quite on Kentucky's level yet

scoscox
07-10-2019, 11:06 PM
I'm sure some of you have seen that CJ Anderson got a job coaching at Woodward. He's the freshman head coach and an assistant on varsity. One cool aspect of that besides CJ working the local circuit which I love, is that woodward is the new home of paul mcmillan iv, who is a top 20ish prospect in 2021. i've heard he might be a little more of a uc kid, but maybe CJ can help lead him to the light.

scoscox
07-10-2019, 11:14 PM
Also, one of our priority targets, Niels Lane, is playing in the Peach Jam for Team Final

https://basketball.exposureevents.com/131611/eybl-peach-jam/teams/team-final?divisionteamid=1232962

I think they stream some of the games live, but don't quote me. can't find the links right now

noteggs
07-12-2019, 06:17 PM
I'm sure some of you have seen that CJ Anderson got a job coaching at Woodward. He's the freshman head coach and an assistant on varsity. One cool aspect of that besides CJ working the local circuit which I love, is that woodward is the new home of paul mcmillan iv, who is a top 20ish prospect in 2021. i've heard he might be a little more of a uc kid, but maybe CJ can help lead him to the light.

I did not know this about CJ. Hey any connection with this kid will help.

xufan2020
07-15-2019, 10:26 PM
Where’d you hear he may be more of a uc kid?

scoscox
07-16-2019, 01:57 AM
Mostly from UC sources, but apparently he would go to UC games pretty often. Don't know how much is true, but either way glad to have CJ, a decidedly anti-UC and pro Xavier voice, in his ear now.

scoscox
07-16-2019, 01:58 AM
Now that Dwon's team won the Adidas Gauntlet, he has won that, a couple state championships in Georgia for basketball and a track and field state championship. Dude just wins.

paulxu
07-16-2019, 07:02 AM
Scroll down this thread for an offer to a guy who sounds like JP.

https://247sports.com/college/xavier/Article/Xavier-Musketeers-Basketball-Recruiting-Dwon-Odom-leads-the-Atlanta-Celtics-to-the-Adidas-Gauntlet-Championship-Travis-Steele-Jonas-Hayes-Ben-Johnson-Dante-Jackson-133670196/

Well, never mind. It's gone now. Was about some kid named Madsen.

noteggs
07-16-2019, 10:40 AM
Now that Dwon's team won the Adidas Gauntlet, he has won that, a couple state championships in Georgia for basketball and a track and field state championship. Dude just wins.

Well if he’s used to winning, he’s coming to the right place.

xudash
07-16-2019, 11:01 AM
now that dwon's team won the adidas gauntlet, he has won that, a couple state championships in georgia for basketball and a track and field state championship. Dude just wins.

final 2%.

Xuperman
07-17-2019, 09:08 AM
Scroll down this thread for an offer to a guy who sounds like JP.

https://247sports.com/college/xavier/Article/Xavier-Musketeers-Basketball-Recruiting-Dwon-Odom-leads-the-Atlanta-Celtics-to-the-Adidas-Gauntlet-Championship-Travis-Steele-Jonas-Hayes-Ben-Johnson-Dante-Jackson-133670196/

Well, never mind. It's gone now. Was about some kid named Madsen.

This link still provides some pertinent Xavier info....1st good recap I’ve seen on Odom’s stellar Championship run last week. I am surprised they say his AAU career is over because his Atlanta Celtics team is listed to compete in the Adidas Gauntlet Finale starting tomorrow.

In the Notre Dame recruitment article, their scouting report on Niels Lane is not nearly as positive as others I’ve seen but their take on Carlson is consistent. I’m kinda surprised they list Xavier as a Top Consideration for Trey Galloway. He would be an unbelievable get but most assume he’s gonna be in candy stripes. Also something I was unaware of, they have X listed 1st Top Consideration for St. Edwards 3* SG Grant Huffman.

scoscox
07-17-2019, 11:54 AM
Pretty sure the event they just won was the Adidas Gauntlet. Maybe I'm wrong.

Huffman just committed to Davidson, so we're definitely not on him anymore

JTG
07-17-2019, 01:36 PM
Purdue is hot on the Carlson bandwagon. Seems like when we recruit against Purdue we usually lose out.

noteggs
07-21-2019, 03:10 PM
https://t.co/7JPn2gvyU0?ssr=true

A retweet from Shannon. CJ can really score and shot the ball.

xavierj
07-21-2019, 04:30 PM
Purdue is hot on the Carlson bandwagon. Seems like when we recruit against Purdue we usually lose out.

I think the most recent predictions on 247 have going to X. He will be on campus I believe for an official in the next couple of weeks, so that is big.

noteggs
07-29-2019, 10:21 AM
Hard to believe we’ve been talking about Dwon for a year and will continue to talk about him roughly another year before he steps foot on campus. From this article, I do like his understanding on Steele’s first year. Heck, seemed like he had more realistic expectations on last season than some on this board including myself lol.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/college/xavier/xaviersports/2019/07/29/xavier-basketball-commit-dwon-odom-i-cant-wait-play-there/1815213001/

xuphan
07-29-2019, 10:51 AM
Xavier has made the the top 7 for Niels Lane and final 7 for Colby Jones per Zagsblog

xudash
07-29-2019, 11:21 AM
I like that they get involved in recruiting, to the extent that they seem to talk to other recruits about building the XU dynasty together. Odom made a comment about that towards the end of the article, when he mentioned that he talks to CJ all the time. He noted that he expects others to commit to Xavier soon.

Sounds like we have some more good news coming our way.

I'm just glad Steele's wife is from CIncinnati!

Xuperman
07-30-2019, 04:04 AM
Good article and more affirmation that Odom’s verbal is rock solid.

It’s common for fellow prep stars to be in touch with one another but it sounds like he’s working as Coach Hayes’ wing man in selling X to his AAU teammates. The core 3 are all from the North Atlanta area, so he has already built friendships and basketball chemistry with them. Good chance Caleb Murphy is who he’s referring to, as he definitely has become a hot prospect with a very impressive summer. BTW Murphy has another Xavier connection. I believe he was teammates with Daniel Ramsey at Norcross last year.

The fact he mentions that Wilcher is also involved, tells me Niels Lane is getting a sales pitch from him. Heck, it’s entirely possible that they know most of the guys that hold 2020 offers from X.....obviously AAU ball connects players/coaches from other states, and of course the power of social media is a huge factor.

noteggs
07-30-2019, 02:36 PM
Nice shout out from Dwon on his one year commitment!

https://t.co/NWWAbeRQr4?ssr=true

XU_Lou
08-05-2019, 01:14 PM
It appears that Colby Jones is pretty excited about his official visit over the weekend - secondary recruiter, Mr. Odom, is on the case as well:

https://twitter.com/kovajoness/status/1158141358370164736

bobbiemcgee
08-05-2019, 06:32 PM
Nice to have all these prospects in when the team is going full bore in practice so they can see what it's like. Steele never sleeps as he had three guys in for 2022!

Xville
08-05-2019, 06:48 PM
I have heard from several sources close or within the program that Steele is a nice combination between Mack and Miller in that he is "one of the guys" like Mack, but that he has the intensity and coaching strategy/ability of Miller.

I'm really looking forward to seeing that last 2 percent happening over the course of the next 3 or 4 years. I have little doubt it is going to happen under steeles watch.

scoscox
08-05-2019, 07:35 PM
I have heard from several sources close or within the program that Steele is a nice combination between Mack and Miller in that he is "one of the guys" like Mack, but that he has the intensity and coaching strategy/ability of Miller.

I'm really looking forward to seeing that last 2 percent happening over the course of the next 3 or 4 years. I have little doubt it is going to happen under steeles watch.

I've said on this board before that his coaching style is much more similar to Miller than Mack in that it is defensive focused and values each possession. I find it easier to cheer for personally. Mack's style was frustrating at times to watch as far as guys just not being focused or giving effort all the time especially on defense and in key possessions. A lot of the problems early on last season imo were the players trying to transition from Mack's style to Travis'. I have very high hopes that Travis is gonna be pretty darn good.

xu82
08-05-2019, 09:13 PM

I certainly hope he can have Miller’s intensity, but hopefully without sweating through multiple shirts and coaching while standing in a puddle!

xudash
08-05-2019, 09:17 PM
I certainly hope he can have Miller’s intensity, but hopefully without sweating through multiple shirts and coaching while standing in a puddle!

I think that was unique to Sean! That was almost a talent.

xu82
08-05-2019, 11:09 PM
I think that was unique to Sean! That was almost a talent.

I came home from tennis a little early today to see the Mrs off on her way to NYC for the week. I tried to kiss her goodbye but I was still sweating buckets, and she just gave me the Heisman straight arm! Karma baby! She got on the plane and texted a half dozen time about the ree-hah (Arabic for foul smell) of the lady sitting next to her. Better a quick kiss with me than 2.5 hours next to someone who smells like I did!

noteggs
08-11-2019, 09:53 PM
Just can’t wait. However, this is going to be a great year (I hope). Boy talk about decisiveness.

https://t.co/guNpOKDx2v?ssr=true

noteggs
08-21-2019, 11:40 AM
New 247 rankings

Odom 39
C Jones 108
Wilcher 113

BandAid
08-21-2019, 01:35 PM
New 247 rankings

Odom 39
C Jones 108
Wilcher 113

How high do you have to be in the rankings to be considered a 5-star?

X-man
08-21-2019, 01:39 PM
How high do you have to be in the rankings to be considered a 5-star?

Top 25.

bleedXblue
08-21-2019, 01:48 PM
New 247 rankings

Odom 39
C Jones 108
Wilcher 113

Where were they before?

scoscox
08-21-2019, 02:09 PM
Where were they before?

bleedXblue
08-21-2019, 02:13 PM

was hoping for more of a jump from Jones as they said he exploded over the summer.....

But at the end of the day, they are just rankings.........

noteggs
08-21-2019, 04:02 PM
was hoping for more of a jump from Jones as they said he exploded over the summer.....

But at the end of the day, they are just rankings.........

So true from what I remember a while ago (memory not as good lol) they’re basically spitting hairs between 75-125.

Interesting how far Niels Lane went up to 106 from 66.

bleedXblue
08-22-2019, 07:39 AM
So true from what I remember a while ago (memory not as good lol) they’re basically spitting hairs between 75-125.

Interesting how far Niels Lane went up to 106 from 66.

Yes I cant imagine there's that much of a difference between guys that are 50-125............the Top 50 guys they seem to rarely miss on.

Murph85
08-22-2019, 12:37 PM
Yes I cant imagine there's that much of a difference between guys that are 50-125............the Top 50 guys they seem to rarely miss on.

The staff certainly wanted Colby Jones more than Lane. I guess they learned something watching them perform this summer.

noteggs
11-18-2019, 10:05 PM
Know there’s been some questions on our LOI’s this year. This is such a cool video from the “XU basketball” on our 2020 recruits. Love to see the growth of our program!

https://twitter.com/XavierMBB/status/1196578481796198400

XUGRAD80
11-19-2019, 04:29 AM
Know there’s been some questions on our LOI’s this year. This is such a cool video from the “XU basketball” on our 2020 recruits. Love to see the growth of our program!

Wow! That brings tears to my eyes. It’s been such a pleasure to watch so many great young men go through this program, and sometimes we forget just how fortunate we fans have been. That’s a great, I mean really great, little video.

UCGRAD4X
11-19-2019, 05:05 AM

If I had a spine it would sent a chill down it.

bobbiemcgee
11-20-2019, 09:33 PM
Dwon Odom - whole game- may take a bit to load:

20 pts. 9 assts. 8 reb - wins game in last 2 mins.

https://portal.stretchinternet.com/suvtv/portal.htm?eventId=558017&streamType=video

noteggs
05-03-2020, 06:16 PM
Nice interviews with Odom and C Jones.

Good follow @jakefromky if interested.

https://collegehoopsconnection.com/2020/04/30/interviews-with-xaviers-colby-jones-dwon-odom/

Xuperman
05-06-2020, 08:17 AM
Senior send off video for CJ.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5ynzOqc4d90

Kids got a beautiful stroke and CRAZY RANGE....WOW!

Not to mention his intensity is off the chart. VOCAL leader you think?

:eek:

Smails
05-06-2020, 10:00 AM
That's encouraging...

He looks like Miles Davis with some lift
Looks to have some serious edge too....I think I saw a crotch grab in there while jawing with student/fans...

xudash
05-06-2020, 12:09 PM
Save for an unfortunate injury (isn't going to happen), there is no reason why he couldn't become an impact freshman.

xu82
05-06-2020, 03:10 PM
Wow! I know it’s just highlights, but I sure do feel better about having guys more who will actually need to be guarded (rather than DARED) by the defense!

Lloyd Braun
05-06-2020, 09:42 PM
Shooters welcome with open arms... CJ looks like Trevon on a lot of those clips. Has a sweet stroke, quick release, mid range game.... Odom is a nightmare in open court. Jones seems like a steal. Daddy likey

EastCoastXman
05-07-2020, 12:16 PM
CJ had a late season injury (I believe was his shoulder). Played in last 2 state tournament games before they shut down NJ hoops. Hope he has made full recovery. We had enough incoming guys with injuries this past year.

XUMIOH12
05-07-2020, 02:31 PM
CJ had a late season injury (I believe was his shoulder). Played in last 2 state tournament games before they shut down NJ hoops. Hope he has made full recovery. We had enough incoming guys with injuries this past year.

right. hopefully we can start the season with a roster that is fully healthy across the board.