PDA

View Full Version : Who Committed?

GoMuskies
06-07-2019, 11:15 AM
Based on Twitter, someone did!

GoMuskies
06-07-2019, 11:16 AM
Looks like C.J. Wilcher. I know nothing of him, but it's obviously time to learn! Welcome aboard!

94GRAD
06-07-2019, 11:17 AM
CJ Wilcher

bobbiemcgee
06-07-2019, 11:23 AM
https://247sports.com/college/basketball/recruiting/Article/Fresh-off-an-official-visit-top-125-ranked-shooting-guard-CJ-Wilcher-picked-the-Xavier-Musketeers-132666020/

throwbackmuskie
06-07-2019, 11:23 AM
Big get, great shooter, which is what we are lacking. One of the better 3 point shooters in the class. I think his commit is a long time coming.

scoscox
06-07-2019, 11:26 AM
I was skeptical about hiring Dante at first but he’s done nothing but prove me wrong since. Dude is killing it

bobbiemcgee
06-07-2019, 11:33 AM
Recruiting class 2020 so far; Nat'l #2, BE #1.

scoscox
06-07-2019, 11:38 AM
And that’s with dwon Odom being absurdly underranked in the composite

BandAid
06-07-2019, 12:16 PM
Great commitment! Welcome aboard, New Tre!

xudash
06-07-2019, 12:18 PM
My first reaction to this news - and I'm not being petty and I wasn't looking for a reason to have this reaction: Travis Steele must have a much better and more sincere personality and manner than Chris Mack.

noteggs
06-07-2019, 12:25 PM
Let the relationship build!

https://t.co/5wymbYf4SW?ssr=true

BandAid
06-07-2019, 12:29 PM
And that’s with dwon Odom being absurdly underranked in the composite

Ya, what's up with that? His mixed tapes look faaaaarrrr better than his ranking

scoscox
06-07-2019, 12:43 PM
One of the recruiting sites, espn I think, is super low on him or doesn’t have him ranked at all so it hurts his composite but he’s 44 in 247 and 60 something on rivals

scoscox
06-07-2019, 12:43 PM
My first reaction to this news - and I'm not being petty and I wasn't looking for a reason to have this reaction: Travis Steele must have a much better and more sincere personality and manner than Chris Mack.

I mean, mack is having no problems recruiting at louisville

xudash
06-07-2019, 12:52 PM
I mean, mack is having no problems recruiting at louisville

I know, but that's UL. He whiffed on a class or two before leaving us. That's where I'm coming from.

My point is that Travis, so far, has certainly demonstrated an ability to close the deal with highly rated recruits, whereas Mack appeared to struggle accomplishing that.

Whatever. Right now and moving forward, it's all about the 2% and NC's.

GIMMFD
06-07-2019, 01:00 PM
Primary recruiter: Dante Jackson, so far he's been the primary on Wilcher, Dieonte Miles, and Dahmir Bishop. He's earning his stripes right now, really hapy he's been able to recruit well. Now we'll see where we'll go with this class, if we can get Ben Carlson on board too, this class could be better than the 2019 class, and I thought Steele did phenomenal with that one. Let's keep the train rolling.

As for the difference between Mack's last few classes and Steele's first two, I wonder how much of it is having Ben Johnson, Jonah Hayes, and Dante on staff as well. Ben Johnson has had a pretty damn good track record of getting talent to commitment, and that's even at Minnesota who isn't a Top 25 school, Dante is young and hungry, willing to prove himself. Not to mention can relate well with these guys, and share his experiences. And Hayes is well known for his big man development in Georgia, and got Odom on.. Just something else to ponder as well

xufan2020
06-07-2019, 02:14 PM
Primary recruiter: Dante Jackson, so far he's been the primary on Wilcher, Dieonte Miles, and Dahmir Bishop. He's earning his stripes right now, really hapy he's been able to recruit well. Now we'll see where we'll go with this class, if we can get Ben Carlson on board too, this class could be better than the 2019 class, and I thought Steele did phenomenal with that one. Let's keep the train rolling.

As for the difference between Mack's last few classes and Steele's first two, I wonder how much of it is having Ben Johnson, Jonah Hayes, and Dante on staff as well. Ben Johnson has had a pretty damn good track record of getting talent to commitment, and that's even at Minnesota who isn't a Top 25 school, Dante is young and hungry, willing to prove himself. Not to mention can relate well with these guys, and share his experiences. And Hayes is well known for his big man development in Georgia, and got Odom on.. Just something else to ponder as well
Exactly, these assistants seem like real go-getters. Plus if Johnson can close on Carlson.. we need to keep these assistants happy at Xavier as long as possible!

xu82
06-07-2019, 02:15 PM
Great news! Welcome to the family!

XUGRAD80
06-07-2019, 03:49 PM
Welcome CJ! Hope you have a great career and a great experience at X. Happy to have you as part of the familia!

scoscox
06-07-2019, 05:18 PM
I know, but that's UL. He whiffed on a class or two before leaving us. That's where I'm coming from.

My point is that Travis, so far, has certainly demonstrated an ability to close the deal with highly rated recruits, whereas Mack appeared to struggle accomplishing that.

True, hopefully we can avoid all the attrition of some of mack's classes as well

scoscox
06-07-2019, 05:18 PM

True, hopefully we can avoid all the attrition of some of mack's classes as well

GIMMFD
06-07-2019, 07:46 PM
One of the recruiting sites, espn I think, is super low on him or doesn’t have him ranked at all so it hurts his composite but he’s 44 in 247 and 60 something on rivals

ESPN rankings (at least for football) are complete shit, so it doesn't surprise me that ESPN is the cause of Odom's ranking drop, hopefully they can get that sorted out, kind of a problem when two other sites have this guy comfortably in the top 100, and ESPN can't get that figured out.

Exactly, these assistants seem like real go-getters. Plus if Johnson can close on Carlson.. we need to keep these assistants happy at Xavier as long as possible!

I think Hayes and Johnson will both become head coaches, but man, I'd really like for Xavier to keep onto both of them for at least a couple more years, the program is in pretty good shape because the entire staff seems to genuinely enjoy recruiting, it's part of the positive results we're seeing so far.