PDA

View Full Version : Keonte Kennedy

muskienick
05-26-2018, 03:38 PM
Is anybody else wondering (now it's after 4:30 p.m.) what time Keonte Kennedy will announce where he will play basketball this coming season among SMU, Texas Tech, and Xavier? He indicated earlier this week that he'd announce today.

XUGRAD80
05-26-2018, 03:57 PM
I saw earlier that his twitter account said that it would be 7:30 (I’m assuming central time zone) this evening

XU 87
05-26-2018, 04:55 PM
By all accounts, he’s not coming to Xavier and is not even being recruited by Xavier anymore.

sirthought
05-26-2018, 06:59 PM
By all accounts, he’s not coming to Xavier and is not even being recruited by Xavier anymore.

Which are "all" accounts? Can you name them?

Snipe
05-26-2018, 07:26 PM
Man XU87 is pissing on my campfire.

I want Keonte Kennedy back in the fold. Guess we will find out in five minutes.

My youngest says he is coming back, so I have a source!

Snipe
05-26-2018, 07:31 PM
From his twitter:

Decision has been postponed to Wednesday sorry for the wait.

I was hoping to see the X.

He probably read XU87s post.

Thanks 87

GIMMFD
05-26-2018, 07:55 PM
from his twitter:

Decision has been postponed to wednesday sorry for the wait.

I was hoping to see the x.

He probably read xu87s post.

Thanks 87

shun the non-believer

xufan02
05-27-2018, 08:54 AM
I agree with 87. It's not going to be Xavier.

xu82
05-27-2018, 09:06 AM

His mistake..... I’ll hang on and be hopeful.

XU 87
05-28-2018, 09:58 AM
Which are "all" accounts? Can you name them?

I am not permitted to reveal my top secret inside sources. However, while I don't know this to be absolute fact, I think it is fair to infer that Kennedy's decision to be released from his LOI was more Xavier's decision than his.

letskeepitreal
05-30-2018, 08:13 PM
I am not permitted to reveal my top secret inside sources. However, while I don't know this to be absolute fact, I think it is fair to infer that Kennedy's decision to be released from his LOI was more Xavier's decision than his.

Why would we release him unless it was a character issue? It’s not that this class is real deep. Any news? It’s Wednesday.

D-West & PO-Z
05-30-2018, 09:00 PM
Why would we release him unless it was a character issue? It’s not that this class is real deep. Any news? It’s Wednesday.

Well if he wanted released Xavier would release him even if X wanted to keep him. XU isn't in the business of forcing players to come there if they decide they dont want to even after signing. X isn't Nick Saban.

It could have been though it was a mutual decision where he wanted to look around and X thought they would get some people better. Dunno.

MHettel
05-30-2018, 09:47 PM

Maybe Kennedy was a reach. A project that may or may not be the kind of player that we’ve found success with. And the staff, back when they took his commitment felt that it was a safe move. New staff, different roster, and different recruit pipeline. He may have just been nudged out of the picture

ArizonaXUGrad
05-31-2018, 12:23 AM
Well Beard at Texas Tech is going to be a good team. Kennedy still has good teams after him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XUGRAD80
05-31-2018, 05:46 AM
Per 6 hours ago on his Twitter.......he has spoken with all 3 coaches involved and they understand that he is having a tough time making up his mind, decision still coming....

I totally understand how this is such a hard decision. I appreciate that the coaches are being patient and hope that all of us can be too. Big decision that will have a big impact on the rest of his life. He wants to get it right.

bleedXblue
05-31-2018, 06:32 AM
I would run away from this kid. Yeah, its a hard decision, but this is ridiculous.

xufan02
06-06-2018, 03:11 PM

I'm retracting this statement.

XU3232
06-06-2018, 03:22 PM

Yep this was a strange recruitment but based on some recent changes at X and missing out on Isabell it sounds like they might be open to Keonte now.

XU 87
06-06-2018, 03:26 PM

Me too. Wow, to say the least.

D-West & PO-Z
06-06-2018, 03:35 PM
What's the news?

xu95
06-06-2018, 04:22 PM
He is announcing on Friday that he will be coming to Xavier.

xu95

sirthought
06-06-2018, 04:56 PM
So much for those with inside information!

I hope Kennedy does make the team. He's got a good frame and a sweet looking shooting stroke. He'll need to learn how to built muscle and defend, but so do all the recruits.

MHettel
06-06-2018, 04:57 PM
I hope he's freaking awesome and we all look back at this circus and realize how close we were to losing him. Or, he'll be Brandon Randolph, Larry Austin, Adrion Graves, Brian Walsh, Griffan McKenzie, Boubacar Coly, or any of those other none-and-done type guys we've had over the years....

muskienick
06-06-2018, 06:24 PM
I hope he's freaking awesome and we all look back at this circus and realize how close we were to losing him. Or, he'll be Brandon Randolph, Larry Austin, Adrion Graves, Brian Walsh, Griffan McKenzie, Boubacar Coly, or any of those other none-and-done type guys we've had over the years....

That's what I've always liked about MHETTEL --- a rosy outlook on everything Xavier!

Muskie
06-07-2018, 08:54 AM
So much for those with inside information!

I hope Kennedy does make the team. He's got a good frame and a sweet looking shooting stroke. He'll need to learn how to built muscle and defend, but so do all the recruits.

Things changed, that's why X's position changed. It didn't make the previous info wrong.

Snipe
06-07-2018, 06:24 PM
I hope this is true. I have a good feeling about the young man.

GoMuskies
06-07-2018, 06:28 PM
Things changed, that's why X's position changed. It didn't make the previous info wrong.

Well, it would certainly make the info that he was "100% not coming to Xavier" wrong, now wouldn't it?

xu82
06-07-2018, 06:37 PM
Well, it would certainly make the info that he was "100% not coming to Xavier" wrong, now wouldn't it?

That looks like a math question. I hate math questions.

GIMMFD
06-07-2018, 09:49 PM
He is announcing on Friday that he will be coming to Xavier.

xu95

This was one of the most strange recruiting processes that I've ever seen play out, but hopefully he comes in and can be a contributor. Looking forward to seeing him in an X jersey, and hope he really proves some people wrong. We have the schollies, may as well utilize em.

XUGRAD80
06-08-2018, 05:27 AM
I keep reading how this is such a strange situation, but I don’t really agree. I think it’s just that Mack had been at X for a number of years and X had not gone through a coaching change recently. Decomits by recruits after a coaching change happen all the time at schools going through it. Most kids seem to be picking a school based on a relationship with a coach, not based on the school as much. So when that coach leaves, or there is some other shakeup within the coaching staff, it seems natural to me for the recruit to take a second look at their options. When Miller left X lost a recruit or two to Arizona, as they followed the coach that they had a relationship with. Mack was immediately reaching out to kids whom he had a relationship with, when he got to UL. He will probably land one that otherwise may have come to X. It can go the other way too. Look at UC football after Tubberville left and Finkle came in. All of a sudden they are starting to get kids that might have gone to OSU and are recruiting area kids that weren’t looking at UC before. Same school, same kids, but the coach and staff are new. So Kennedy is having a hard time making up his mind? He is still a kid. Kids change their minds all the time. Kids have a hard time making up their minds, especially when the new girl (school) starts txting them, calling them, and telling them how much they want to be with them. It will all work out.

xavierj
06-08-2018, 07:24 AM
I keep reading how this is such a strange situation, but I don’t really agree. I think it’s just that Mack had been at X for a number of years and X had not gone through a coaching change recently. Decomits by recruits after a coaching change happen all the time at schools going through it. Most kids seem to be picking a school based on a relationship with a coach, not based on the school as much. So when that coach leaves, or there is some other shakeup within the coaching staff, it seems natural to me for the recruit to take a second look at their options. When Miller left X lost a recruit or two to Arizona, as they followed the coach that they had a relationship with. Mack was immediately reaching out to kids whom he had a relationship with, when he got to UL. He will probably land one that otherwise may have come to X. It can go the other way too. Look at UC football after Tubberville left and Finkle came in. All of a sudden they are starting to get kids that might have gone to OSU and are recruiting area kids that weren’t looking at UC before. Same school, same kids, but the coach and staff are new. So Kennedy is having a hard time making up his mind? He is still a kid. Kids change their minds all the time. Kids have a hard time making up their minds, especially when the new girl (school) starts txting them, calling them, and telling them how much they want to be with them. It will all work out.

He decommitted because Xavier coaches backed off. He wanted to come to X and now the coaches are back on him and he will most likely pick Xavier.

UCGRAD4X
06-08-2018, 08:14 AM
That all seems like it is going to make for a bit of an awkward dynamic starting out. I'm sure it will all be water under the bridge in no time at all...but, at first...and hoping it doesn't stick with this kid and foster doubts down the road. The whole process is difficult enough for these young egos. I can see him not making the rotation or getting the minutes he thinks he deserves or gets pulled / benched for some legitimate reason and always with the questions in the back of his mind...

Hopefully he gets in here, just lights it up, and removes all doubt and the bench hoists him on their shoulders after so many game winning shots and they build a statue out next to Dart or even next to FX and name the practice faculty or a new building after him when he runs for office and cleans out the swamp.....for real this time....and makes all was, poverty, disease and UC forgotten things of the past....and then as a member of the Justice League forever protecting us all from all enemies, foreign, domestic, intergalactic and other-dimensional...

...but not before fully funding the head-coaching position at Xavier for the next 100 years and ridding the planet of the scourge of light beer..

xu82
06-08-2018, 09:00 AM
That all seems like it is going to make for a bit of an awkward dynamic starting out. I'm sure it will all be water under the bridge in no time at all...but, at first...and hoping it doesn't stick with this kid and foster doubts down the road. The whole process is difficult enough for these young egos. I can see him not making the rotation or getting the minutes he thinks he deserves or gets pulled / benched for some legitimate reason and always with the questions in the back of his mind...

Hopefully he gets in here, just lights it up, and removes all doubt and the bench hoists him on their shoulders after so many game winning shots and they build a statue out next to Dart or even next to FX and name the practice faculty or a new building after him when he runs for office and cleans out the swamp.....for real this time....and makes all was, poverty, disease and UC forgotten things of the past....and then as a member of the Justice League forever protecting us all from all enemies, foreign, domestic, intergalactic and other-dimensional...

...but not before fully funding the head-coaching position at Xavier for the next 100 years and ridding the planet of the scourge of light beer..

Is that all???

bleedXblue
06-08-2018, 09:31 AM
Is this kid a 5 star high profile recruit? Geesh this kid has treated this process as though he's a McDonald's AA.

XMuskieFTW
06-08-2018, 09:42 AM
Is this kid a 5 star high profile recruit? Geesh this kid has treated this process as though he's a McDonald's AA.

Not at all. He committed to X, coaching change, "X was like ehhh maybe this isn't a good fit for you, maybe you should look elsewhere", he looked elsewhere, still wanted to go to X, X wasn't willing to accept his commitment, he still wanted to go to X, X changed their mind and accepted his commitment.

xudash
06-08-2018, 09:49 AM

Excellent post. You had me at "practice faculty." That I would like to see.

muskiefan82
06-08-2018, 09:54 AM

I would rather he be a Boathouse Beast. Dude needs to eat and put on some muscle.

D-West & PO-Z
06-08-2018, 10:35 AM
Not at all. He committed to X, coaching change, "X was like ehhh maybe this isn't a good fit for you, maybe you should look elsewhere", he looked elsewhere, still wanted to go to X, X wasn't willing to accept his commitment, he still wanted to go to X, X changed their mind and accepted his commitment.

Yeah not sure why some are acting like he's been a diva. It's clear X backed off on him and he really wanted to come and we then reached out with an offer again. We shoudl be praising that a kid wanted to come to us so bad that he delayed his commitment to some other pretty decent basketball schools.

Juice
06-08-2018, 12:01 PM
Yeah not sure why some are acting like he's been a diva. It's clear X backed off on him and he really wanted to come and we then reached out with an offer again. We shoudl be praising that a kid wanted to come to us so bad that he delayed his commitment to some other pretty decent basketball schools.

And who is taking the time to make the right decision for himself, not a bunch of guys on a board who "need" to know his decision.

ArizonaXUGrad
06-08-2018, 01:51 PM
What is up with these Crandall posts? I like that Kennedy is so excited about X that he recommitted. I think he has great potential.

mistabeecee41
06-08-2018, 02:03 PM
According to the bitter SMU fans on Twitter, Keonte's dad can be a bit much and had a lot to do with the back and forth/delays. Whether there is merit to this, or they're just being butthurt AAC fans, who knows.

XMuskieFTW
06-08-2018, 02:10 PM
According to the bitter SMU fans on Twitter, Keonte's dad can be a bit much and had a lot to do with the back and forth/delays. Whether there is merit to this, or they're just being butthurt AAC fans, who knows.

They also claimed that Keonte's dad wanted him to go to SMU but Keonte wanted to go to Kansas instead. They're clueless.

ArizonaXUGrad
06-08-2018, 04:01 PM
I am not a fan of Jankovic but I hear good things about SMU’s campus. It would be a cool place to attend.

xu82
06-08-2018, 05:05 PM
I am not a fan of Jankovic but I hear good things about SMU’s campus. It would be a cool place to attend.

They can’t walk to Dana’s....

I actually attended an X housemates wedding on campus a loooong time ago, and it was pretty nice from what I saw. But I don’t think of it as being nearly the basketball school that X is. Go to Pepperdine if you you just want pretty. Go to X if basketball is important to you.

bobbiemcgee
06-08-2018, 05:45 PM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

GIMMFD
06-08-2018, 07:10 PM
They can’t walk to Dana’s....

I actually attended an X housemates wedding on campus a loooong time ago, and it was pretty nice from what I saw. But I don’t think of it as being nearly the basketball school that X is. Go to Pepperdine if you you just want pretty. Go to X if basketball is important to you.

Though I get what you're saying, X isn't a bad campus, you can have the best of both worlds, I left right before the new Alter came up, but I still enjoyed how nice X was, I think it's a nice little small campus, you can walk to majority of your classes in 5 minutes which is key for extra sleep, I've definitely step foot on worse places. The being pretty damn good at basketball is a plus, we'll never be a UCLA or Arizona in terms of campus life, but it's definitely improved just in my time being there with the addition of U-Station and what not.

xu82
06-08-2018, 07:26 PM
Though I get what you're saying, X isn't a bad campus, you can have the best of both worlds, I left right before the new Alter came up, but I still enjoyed how nice X was, I think it's a nice little small campus, you can walk to majority of your classes in 5 minutes which is key for extra sleep, I've definitely step foot on worse places. The being pretty damn good at basketball is a plus, we'll never be a UCLA or Arizona in terms of campus life, but it's definitely improved just in my time being there with the addition of U-Station and what not.

OH, don’t get me wrong! I LOVE our campus. Just saying there was something cool about SMU in my drunken wedding state a billion years ago, and Dallas was fun. Xavier is amazing and almost unrecognizable from what I graduated from. Cincinnati has improved too.

Bottom line....if you are serious about BASKETBALL, Xavier is the place to be.

FIGHTING MUSKETEER
06-08-2018, 07:31 PM
Its official.

https://t.co/KGKqoYszu9

xu82
06-08-2018, 08:57 PM
Its official.

https://t.co/KGKqoYszu9

WELCOME!

Again. Now go out and do your thing! Become a stud!

GIMMFD
06-08-2018, 09:14 PM
https://twitter.com/KeonteKennedy/status/1005238501204426753

Cool little video announcing his commitment, sounds like he's really excited to be part of the Xavier family, and I welcome anybody on board that wants to be part of the culture we built. Good to get bodies, hopefully he turns out to be a stud, and we'll look back and be happy he loved our program so much!

Smooth
06-08-2018, 09:39 PM

I forgot about Bouby. I was so looking forward to chanting his name at games.

xukeith
06-09-2018, 10:25 AM
Antoine Walker?, Andre Smith, Brien Hanley, and many more.