PDA

View Full Version : Daniel Ramsey...visiting

XUGRAD80
05-18-2018, 10:07 AM
According to Rivals.com

Daniel Ramsey, a 6’8” 220lb class of 2019 recruit out of Georgia has Xavier at the top of his list because of his relationship to coach Jonas. Plans to visit soon. Georgia was recruiting him while Jonas was still there and has offered him. Other schools with heavy interest include Old Miss, Vandy and TCU, but many others are also in play. Has already visited Georgia and will be visiting X and Vandy soon. Top 150 player on Rivals site.

scoscox
05-18-2018, 11:24 AM
Pogo stick type player. Would love to have him. Although I'm a big fan of Jalen Thomas too

XUMIOH12
05-18-2018, 11:45 AM
Pogo stick type player. Would love to have him. Although I'm a big fan of Jalen Thomas too

there's no reason they couldn't potentially get both

scoscox
05-18-2018, 11:53 AM
True. A class of Curtis, King, Franklin, Ramsey, and Thomas would be pretty nice.

flatspat
05-18-2018, 12:14 PM
Anyone have any news about Luke Anderson from Florida?

X Factor
05-19-2018, 03:44 AM

Not really, but the longer it goes, it probably becomes more likely it won't be X.

xufan02
05-19-2018, 06:28 AM

I think that ship has sailed; with the commitment of Elias King and offers going to other like prospects, it seems he has dropped on the staff's hotboard.

xufan02
05-26-2018, 06:03 AM
I have read a few recent articles and it seems like Ramsey favors Xavier at this time. Jonas Hayes recruited him hard at Georgia and has a great relationship. It also does not hurt that he is friends with Elias King. It would be huge to get him on campus prior to the July evaluation period. I think we could land him.

GIMMFD
05-26-2018, 10:54 AM
I have read a few recent articles and it seems like Ramsey favors Xavier at this time. Jonas Hayes recruited him hard at Georgia and has a great relationship. It also does not hurt that he is friends with Elias King. It would be huge to get him on campus prior to the July evaluation period. I think we could land him.

God, I know it's early but I'm really loving this Jonas Hayes hire, he's opened up a new fertile recruiting ground for us and it already paid dividends securing King, if we can get Ramsey too, and they both get on campus??? Sheeeesh, talk about a splash in your first season as X assistant!!

ArizonaXUGrad
05-26-2018, 11:43 AM
I hear Hayes is good working with bigs also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GIMMFD
05-26-2018, 12:07 PM
I hear Hayes is good working with bigs also.

He did develop SEC player of the year Yante Maten (averaged 19.3 ppg, 8.6 rpg, 1.5 apg) over the past few years, so that's another big selling point he has on his side.

ArizonaXUGrad
05-26-2018, 12:24 PM
I read that on this board so I went and asked some AAU acquaintances if that was true and they confirmed it. Hayes was a solid get, that said they had no opinion of Johnson.

They all said kids can flat out ball in Georgia. It’s a similar competitive environment to Philly.

xufan02
07-30-2018, 06:12 PM
Xavier in his final 6, and there is discussion he is visiting this week for his official per Twitter.

GIMMFD
07-30-2018, 07:20 PM
Xavier in his final 6, and there is discussion he is visiting this week for his official per Twitter.

Love it, would love to see him get locked in as well, good news comes in threes right?? Let's get Odom, Ramsey and someone else in the next week or so, that'd be beautiful

scoscox
07-31-2018, 01:52 PM
Crystal ball to x from snow. Maybe we can lock him up this week

GIMMFD
07-31-2018, 07:03 PM
Crystal ball to x from snow. Maybe we can lock him up this week

Serious question, how often are those crystal ball predictions right?? Like majority of the time right??

noteggs
07-31-2018, 07:15 PM
Relationship with King helps too...when I see his tapes, his motor and defense instincts remind me of a young Dennis Rodman (without the baggage of course and with more offense potential).

BandAid
07-31-2018, 07:18 PM
Serious question, how often are those crystal ball predictions right?? Like majority of the time right??

Depends on who is making the prediction. Snow has a good record. But...they can also change their predictions. For example, Dontaie was crystal balled to us by multiple sources earlier this summer, but now all those have been switched to UK.

IM4X
07-31-2018, 09:39 PM
Love it, would love to see him get locked in as well, good news comes in threes right?? Let's get Odom, Ramsey and someone else in the next week or so, that'd be beautiful

This is one of the bigs I was most excited about... quite athletic... would indeed be good news if he ended up being one of the commits.

IM4X
08-07-2018, 01:00 PM

Guess now it's time to land that "someone else" and make it three... and then four and five.

scoscox
08-10-2018, 02:32 PM
zach freemantle maybe...

noteggs
08-10-2018, 04:12 PM
zach freemantle maybe...

Saw his interest in X is high. Love his upside (yes an overused term for X recruits) and his willingness to hit the floor as a big!

A Johnson recruit which could turn into a crazy good front court in the future with him, King and Ramsey!

IM4X
09-18-2018, 01:46 PM
Just a post to keep the 2019 commits at the top of this list.