PDA

View Full Version : Armaan Franklin

IM4X
04-12-2018, 02:16 PM
Another top target that the two new assistants were recruiting and have a good relationship with. Seems all three coaches were recruiting him before Steele hired Hayes and Johnson. Hmm.

https://247sports.com/Player/Armaan-Franklin-46048921

xufan02
05-22-2018, 05:28 PM
This one could be wrapping up shortly. Go X!

ArizonaXUGrad
05-23-2018, 11:04 AM
If he comes to X Kennedy is for sure going to a Texas school.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

muskiefan82
05-23-2018, 11:05 AM
Any idea when we will know?

bleedXblue
05-23-2018, 12:13 PM
If he comes to X Kennedy is for sure going to a Texas school.

you do know kennedy is a 2018 recruit and Franklin is a 2019?

ArizonaXUGrad
05-23-2018, 12:52 PM
Yep, why would Kennedy come here if he already knows he is being recruited over. It makes no sense.

bleedXblue
05-23-2018, 01:57 PM
Yep, why would Kennedy come here if he already knows he is being recruited over. It makes no sense.

You also know that there's room for more than one player at any position at any given time. if X needs anything right now it's SG's.

ArizonaXUGrad
05-23-2018, 02:49 PM
You also know that there's room for more than one player at any position at any given time. if X needs anything right now it's SG's.

Merely commenting on what might be in the player’s head.

mistabeecee41
05-23-2018, 02:59 PM
Kennedy is already for sure going to a Texas school, regardless of anything that happens with Armaan Franklin

GIMMFD
05-23-2018, 11:39 PM
Eh I mean if we're being honest, I'd love to see Franklin playing for us over Kennedy, but I say recruit until you can't recruit anymore. Fill up the spots with the best amount of talent you can get and hope that the guys are competitive and want to prove they deserve minutes.

XUGRAD80
05-24-2018, 05:42 AM
Kennedy is already for sure going to a Texas school, regardless of anything that happens with Armaan Franklin

Wouldn’t surprise me, but one thing I’ve learned over the years is that nothing is “for sure”. Even a signed LOI means nothing. Ridder even showed up for school and began classes, then transferred. We’ve had players take a redshirt year and then transfer and diasappear. Players with no chance of getting drafted leave school early and go pro. I enjoy watching the recruiting whirlwind blow around, but I don’t let myself get caught up in absolutes. Especially when discussing the future of 17-18 (or even younger) kids. They can change their minds in an instant and for what appears to be no reason. Who really knows what is in the mind of Kennedy? I doubt that he is even sure most of the time. We should just wait and see. The only things “for sure” is that Xavier WILL have a team next year, and that they will compete, and that they will win some games. Who will make up that team? How well will they compete? How many games will they win? Who knows?

GIMMFD
05-24-2018, 01:11 PM
Wouldn’t surprise me, but one thing I’ve learned over the years is that nothing is “for sure”. Even a signed LOI means nothing. Ridder even showed up for school and began classes, then transferred. We’ve had players take a redshirt year and then transfer and diasappear. Players with no chance of getting drafted leave school early and go pro. I enjoy watching the recruiting whirlwind blow around, but I don’t let myself get caught up in absolutes. Especially when discussing the future of 17-18 (or even younger) kids. They can change their minds in an instant and for what appears to be no reason. Who really knows what is in the mind of Kennedy? I doubt that he is even sure most of the time. We should just wait and see. The only things “for sure” is that Xavier WILL have a team next year, and that they will compete, and that they will win some games. Who will make up that team? How well will they compete? How many games will they win? Who knows?

Though I one hundred percent agree with this sentiment, I only keep up with recruiting in the off-season because if I didn't have it, it would be so boring without something to get me excited!! Ugh, at least only 100 days until college basketball

paulxu
05-24-2018, 07:42 PM
because if I didn't have it, it would be so boring without something to get me excited!!

You got to get out more often.

GIMMFD
05-24-2018, 08:47 PM
You got to get out more often.

Summer semester for medical school man; trust me, I wouldn't be posting on here if I were home.

XUGRAD80
08-02-2018, 12:16 PM
....has narrowed his choice down to Xavier, Indiana, and Perdue...per twitter on Rivals

ArizonaXUGrad
08-02-2018, 12:32 PM
I like Franklin. I think he is going to be a good combo guard. All that said, I just watched some Odom footage. That kid can play. He is the PG of the future as long as we get him. Franklin would play more off the ball and back up Odom after he arrives.

MITTENMUSKIE16
08-02-2018, 12:37 PM
That's good news, and it still seems like out of those three we have been in the lead. I'm wondering if it's more likely we get 2 guards, King, and Ramsey, or 1 guard, king, Ramsey + another big. Seems like we will definitely be bringing in 4 guys if it turns out how the coaches expect it.

If Franklin ends up committing, wonder what that means for the handful of other guards/CGs were in on in the '19 class, i.e. Beverly, Gaffney, KyKy Tandy, Quinones, etc. I'd assume its just whoever is first to give their commitment. Hard to see two guards that aren't true PGs (though I think Beverly is a true facilitator). Lots of good names on the board with X highly involved.

X-man
08-02-2018, 12:57 PM
Franklin is still listed as a Xavier lean (87%) on 247. Daniel Ramsey (PF) and Jalen Thomas (C), both 4-star recruits, are listed as solid Xavier (100%). A class with King (SG), Franklin (CG), Ramsey (PF), and Thomas (C)...all 4-stars...would be a great class for 2019.

GIMMFD
08-02-2018, 01:01 PM
Franklin is still listed as a Xavier lean (87%) on 247. Daniel Ramsey (PF) and Jalen Thomas (C), both 4-star recruits, are listed as solid Xavier (100%). A class with King (SG), Franklin (CG), Ramsey (PF), and Thomas (C)...all 4-stars...would be a great class for 2019.

It would be one of the top classes in the conference, and would set us up for the future very well. We definitely need the big men to commit though, we're thin there, but Franklin leading towards Xavier is important.

MITTENMUSKIE16
08-02-2018, 01:09 PM
Would love to see a class of Franklin, King, Ramsey, and one other traditional big, whether it be Jalen Thomas, or one of the new guys we've seen pop up like Robert Jones or Kadin Shedrick. That would put us at 11 scholarship players. More you look at it, we need a traditional five and a four that can also play the five pretty badly. A four man class puts us at 11 for next year if no one leaves.

xufan02
08-02-2018, 05:47 PM
I think the working number in the class of 2019 is 5. Two bigs, another combo forward/wing to go with Elias King , and another ballhandler.

bobbiemcgee
08-09-2018, 03:24 PM

Not sure what happened in the last week but Franklin is now a 62% lean to pu and 25% to X on 247. I will have to picket my old alma mater Cathedral if he commits to the pagans.

mistabeecee41
08-09-2018, 04:22 PM
Not sure what happened in the last week but Franklin is now a 62% lean to pu and 25% to X on 247. I will have to picket my old alma mater Cathedral if he commits to the pagans.

appears to be have been a mutual cooling between both parties.

ArizonaXUGrad
08-09-2018, 04:49 PM

Hopefully, that normally means we are on someone else that the staff prefers.

sirthought
08-09-2018, 06:05 PM

According to whom?

GIMMFD
08-09-2018, 07:43 PM
According to whom?

I don't know if I'm 100% correct, but looking on 247, Franklin's crystal ball shifted to Purdue at 62%, with him scheduled to visit August 30th, but CG's Dahmir Bishop and David Johnson moved to high priority, while Harlond Beverly is at top choice. I'd be thrilled if we somehow landed Beverly.

MITTENMUSKIE16
08-09-2018, 10:15 PM
If the mutual change of interest is true with Franklin, I really hope it’s because of Beverly. He’s a stud. But Dahmir Bishop would also be a good get.

GIMMFD
08-11-2018, 06:42 PM
If the mutual change of interest is true with Franklin, I really hope it’s because of Beverly. He’s a stud. But Dahmir Bishop would also be a good get.

Agreed, wouldn't mind either of those two but Beverly would be awesome, 6'4, incredible high major offers, plus it's always nice to land a Top 100 guy, with Beverly coming in at 70. We gotta keep up with Nova in recruiting the best we can, that way we can lower the talent gap and be more competitive moving forward, I like what we've been doing in getting better recruits, but this class has A LOT of potential

Lloyd Braun
08-11-2018, 06:57 PM
I haven’t seen Beverly play in person (only YouTube; I have seen Franklin in person) but I like Franklin a bit more tbh. He really impressed me. I heard somewhere he has family that favors Purdue.

Juice
08-11-2018, 07:15 PM
I haven’t seen Beverly play in person (only YouTube; I have seen Franklin in person) but I like Franklin a bit more tbh. He really impressed me. I heard somewhere he has family that favors Purdue.

I wouldn't count on Fanklin committing to X

Lloyd Braun
08-11-2018, 07:22 PM
I wouldn't count on Fanklin committing to X

Yea I’m not at all, just saying I like him.

GIMMFD
08-11-2018, 09:46 PM

I haven't gotten a chance to see either in person obviously, but I don't think we could go wrong with any of the guys we're in for. If unfortunately things did cool off between Franklin and us, I'm hoping it gives us a chance to land a top 100 recruit. This class has a lot of potential to be very damn good, with King and Ramsey already on board, if we can get 2 or 3 out of Bishop, Beverly, Freemantle, Jackson, or Williams, I'd be very damn satisfied, with us probably looking at a top 10 class in the country.