PDA

View Full Version : Evan Boudreaux

D-West & PO-Z
03-27-2018, 03:57 PM
Has reopened his recruitment....

Sorry if this was posted somewhere else, feel free to move or merge. Or delete.

GoMuskies
03-27-2018, 03:58 PM
Who?

He's dead to me (unless he re-commits).

AviatorX
03-27-2018, 03:59 PM
If he doesn’t recommit, I wish him all the success of Kevin Parrom and Kyryl Natyazkho.

smileyy
03-27-2018, 03:59 PM
Who?

He's dead to me (unless he re-commits).

That statement is as good as a de-commit. He's gone.

X Factor
03-27-2018, 04:03 PM
Unless Steele, assuming he's the HC, can find a quality big for next year, we're going to have zero post game.

I like Tyrique and think he can be a valuable player, but he struggles to finish over bigger guys. He's an undersized center. He's foul prone.

He's a great guy to bring off the bench to provide energy, rebound, etc, but not sure he's a 25-30 minute type player.

This sucks...

AviatorX
03-27-2018, 04:04 PM
Recruited by Murray.

BCole4Life
03-27-2018, 04:05 PM
Unless Steele, assuming he's the HC, can find a quality big for next year, we're going to have zero post game.

I like Tyrique and think he can be a valuable player, but he struggles to finish over bigger guys. He's an undersized center. He's foul prone.

He's a great guy to bring off the bench to provide energy, rebound, etc, but not sure he's a 25-30 minute type player.

This sucks...

Look I am sure Bordeaux is a nice player but I doubt he is the make or break of Xavier's interior game next year.

whopper
03-27-2018, 04:19 PM
many dominoes it seems. Pegues and Murray gone too to Louisville. The X loss at FSU is actually giving me insomnia and I am tempted to delete the recording(which stops as Scruggs puts us up 70-68). We should be a good grad transfer destination but Kanters are few and far between

Snipe
03-27-2018, 04:27 PM
Where was this news posted? I thought we were an excellent fit for Evan Boudreaux. I don't think Louisville will be given that they may have sanctions in the short term.

He really fits in well with what we need and could play right away. We also have developing talent around him so that as a senior he could lead and experienced, veteran and talented squad. I think we need to stay hard on him for good measure. It is his right to open up his recruitment and a sensible thing to do.

I hope he gives the new coach a chance to give him the pitch. I think this is still the right place for Evan.

X Factor
03-27-2018, 04:27 PM
Look I am sure Bordeaux is a nice player but I doubt he is the make or break of Xavier's interior game next year.

As it stands, Tyrique is our only big man next year. Walter will be a freshman, and I don't think will be ready to contribute.

GoMuskies
03-27-2018, 04:29 PM
Jucos and grad transfers will be needed.

D-West & PO-Z
03-27-2018, 04:31 PM
Where was this news posted? I thought we were an excellent fit for Evan Boudreaux. I don't think Louisville will be given that they may have sanctions in the short term.

He really fits in well with what we need and could play right away. We also have developing talent around him so that as a senior he could lead and experienced, veteran and talented squad. I think we need to stay hard on him for good measure. It is his right to open up his recruitment and a sensible thing to do.

I hope he gives the new coach a chance to give him the pitch. I think this is still the right place for Evan.

Heard Mo Egger say it on 1530. His show all afternoon is al Xavier/Mack talk. Had Steve Wolf on, Byron, we are dominating the cincy sports talk radio, unfortunately for a bad reason.

Snipe
03-27-2018, 04:32 PM
Well, like I said, I hope he gives our new coach a chance to convince him his original decision was a good one. It looks like he could step right in and play right away, all while being surrounded by some talented young men. I don't want to give up on that young man.

SemajParlor
03-27-2018, 04:43 PM
From Dartmouth to Hookerville, Kentucky with Bill Murray as the goofy father - in theatres near you!

xukeith
03-27-2018, 05:15 PM
Jucos and grad transfers will be needed.

Lots of them!
Or a 15-15 season next year.

GIMMFD
03-27-2018, 05:24 PM
Well, like I said, I hope he gives our new coach a chance to convince him his original decision was a good one. It looks like he could step right in and play right away, all while being surrounded by some talented young men. I don't want to give up on that young man.

Agreed, don't want to close the book yet, losing Murray really shot us in the foot there with him, but hopefully the next guy can show why he can be successful at X, and decides to come back, but I doubt it.

MITTENMUSKIE16
03-27-2018, 05:31 PM
We're definitely going to need a couple grad transfers. Even if we don't lose the three HS commits and anyone on the current roster, that puts us at 9 scholarship players. With literally ONE frontcourt player that isn't a freshman. Will be absolutely imperative to get the (correct) hire done as soon as we can, so he can get into that market as early as possible.

Hoping for a grad transfer big, grad transfer shooter, and probably just a regular transfer.

bobbiemcgee
03-27-2018, 05:57 PM

Ivy League ain't the BE. Screw 'em.

Muskie
03-27-2018, 06:16 PM

Unless that new coach is Luke Murray it probably isn’t happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

mistabeecee41
03-27-2018, 06:48 PM

Keonte Kennedy, another one of Luke’s guys, retweeted a tweet about how players should be able to back out on an LOI when this happens. He’s locked in unlike Evan, but interesting to say the least

danaandvictory
03-27-2018, 06:52 PM
Keonte Kennedy, another one of Luke’s guys, retweeted a tweet about how players should be able to back out on an LOI when this happens. He’s locked in unlike Evan, but interesting to say the least

If he requests a release, Xavier will give it to him. They might hold off until the new coach gets a swing at retaining him, but he's not going to be held against his will.

ArizonaXUGrad
03-27-2018, 06:59 PM
Don’t hold him if he wants to follow Mack. Remember Mack will need to recruit him as well. He might get a stud or two in that spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XU3232
03-27-2018, 07:01 PM

Yep I have a hard time seeing him at X next year now.

MITTENMUSKIE16
03-27-2018, 07:09 PM
Yep I have a hard time seeing him at X next year now.

Dontarius James just tweeted “psshhh ... smh” with a sad emoji. Just another day in paradise.

D-West & PO-Z
03-27-2018, 07:10 PM

If he wants out Xavier will grant his release.

Jesuit4Life
03-27-2018, 07:16 PM
He also liked Macolm Bernard's tweet recommending Steele, and two other tweets tagging himself about Team 97.

If he wants out Xavier will grant his release.
Definitely agree with this.

Snipe
03-27-2018, 07:55 PM
Agreed, don't want to close the book yet, losing Murray really shot us in the foot there with him, but hopefully the next guy can show why he can be successful at X, and decides to come back, but I doubt it.

I think this is different than other situations.

I am assuming that Evan will not be going to Louisville because of the upcoming sanctions. So he won't be able to follow Murray.

I think that opens things up. He is a smart kid and will consider all his options.

He visited Xavier. He liked Xavier. He looked at the roster and thought it was a good fit for him where he could excel.

How is that not going to be the case under Steele? We have a unique basketball culture and a positive environment that we have built over decades. It doesn't leave with Mack. This would be a great place for that young man.

When Millers recruits left and followed Sean, I knew we had no chance at them. I don't think this is a similar situation because of the uncertainty in the ville. I think if Evan doesn't come here, he also won't be going to Louisville.

D-West & PO-Z
03-27-2018, 08:21 PM

I am assuming that Evan will not be going to Louisville because of the upcoming sanctions. So he won't be able to follow Murray.

I think that opens things up. He is a smart kid and will consider all his options.

He visited Xavier. He liked Xavier. He looked at the roster and thought it was a good fit for him where he could excel.

How is that not going to be the case under Steele? We have a unique basketball culture and a positive environment that we have built over decades. It doesn't leave with Mack. This would be a great place for that young man.

When Millers recruits left and followed Sean, I knew we had no chance at them. I don't think this is a similar situation because of the uncertainty in the ville. I think if Evan doesn't come here, he also won't be going to Louisville.

He would probably be gone from Louisville before any sanctions would be levied. They are at least two years away at this point.

drudy23
03-27-2018, 09:45 PM
I'm guessing Evan was recruited by Steele...all of these kids have no patience. See what happens before you react on Twitter.

drudy23
03-27-2018, 09:48 PM
Pitino paid some dudes for recruits (or whatever he did). They're going to lose post-season eligibility at some point.

He might get some one and dones over the next 1-2 years, but it will be very interesting to see his close rates on the 8 million offers he sent out today.

D-West & PO-Z
03-27-2018, 09:50 PM
I'm guessing Evan was recruited by Steele...all of these kids have no patience. See what happens before you react on Twitter.

Someone else posted it was Murray.

xu82
03-27-2018, 10:06 PM
I feel badly for the young people who get the shaft when adults play games for more money. The NCAA needs a kick in the ass to make things more fair in all respects, or just get blown up and start over.

Backyard Champ
03-27-2018, 10:09 PM
I feel badly for the young people who get the shaft when adults play games for more money. The NCAA needs a kick in the ass to make things more fair in all respects, or just get blown up and start over.

What do you propose they do to prevent coaches from leaving? They are already about to allow players to transfer without sitting out a year. Not sure what else they can do?

D-West & PO-Z
03-27-2018, 10:10 PM

Only ones expected to honor their commitments. Also only ones who are penalized if they do not.

I might just be saying this in the heat of the moment but I feel like it should be a rule (not sure how it could ever be enforced) that the coaches new school cannot pay the buyout. I'm sure they could just pay them more money in their contract then or something.

Backyard Champ
03-27-2018, 10:13 PM
I just disagree with punishing coaches for going to different schools.

D-West & PO-Z
03-27-2018, 10:17 PM
I just disagree with punishing coaches for going to different schools.

Only players?

xu82
03-27-2018, 10:21 PM
I’m just sick of the whole system right now. I don’t have an answer, but I don’t like it. Same old shit over and over. I don’t want unlimited free agency for players, but something has to be better than this. I think we all deserve a ranting period. Honestly, I get tired of this nasty cycle that keeps repeating. I’ll focus more on my lousy NFL team for a while. This is broken.

Juice
03-28-2018, 07:51 AM

No he was recruited by Murray.

Muskie
03-28-2018, 08:05 AM

1. Assumes there will be sanctions.
2. Assumes there will be sanctions handed out in the next two years.
___
I could see this taking a lot of time.

xu koop scoop
03-28-2018, 10:14 AM
The coaches leaving during contracts & the players switching schools will continue even if we the fans do the one thing that is in our power - which is quit attending games. I now winter in Florida, still watch games, but never considered buying a ticket for a game in the past 6 years. Prior to that, I had season tix for 20 years. Same boycott has applied to the NFL for 20 years and to MLB since 1994, by the way who won the World Series in 1994. Nobody. The strike ended the season. Sports fans in general have foolish tendencies. There is so much more in life to do that watch other people do things.

drudy23
03-28-2018, 10:21 AM
The coaches leaving during contracts & the players switching schools will continue even if we the fans do the one thing that is in our power - which is quit attending games. I now winter in Florida, still watch games, but never considered buying a ticket for a game in the past 6 years. Prior to that, I had season tix for 20 years. Same boycott has applied to the NFL for 20 years and to MLB since 1994, by the way who won the World Series in 1994. Nobody. The strike ended the season. Sports fans in general have foolish tendencies. There is so much more in life to do that watch other people do things.

The Bengals and Red, I understand.

Xavier has not even come close to putting us through what the Reds and Bengals have done. In fact, it's therapy FOR what the Reds and Bengals have put us through. If it wasn't for X basketball, we'd all be sports depressed.

STL_XUfan
03-28-2018, 11:16 AM

I understand the sentiment, but you are also posting on a message board. The fact that you sought out a place where people discuss this specific sport, registered, read the content, and then posted 147 times shows that Xavier basketball must bring you some joy. What is the alternative, burn down the whole system and get rid of college sports altogether? Return to a world of intramural sports where X only plays schools within 2 hours and the only people who see it are those who happen to be in the gym that day?

Drew's Crew
03-28-2018, 11:19 AM

While I agree with this more than you would proabably believe, it sounds silly when you claim how valuable your time is while posting on a message board about people watching other people doing things.

If you want to feel better about yourself and how much more grounded you are than your average sports fan (which is literally who posts and reads this message board), please do us a favor and get you emotional needs met somewhere else.

paulxu
03-28-2018, 11:53 AM
For a measly $12.50/year, I get to watch a lot of other people do (stupid) things...right here on Xavierhoops.

flatspat
03-28-2018, 12:23 PM
For a measly $12.50/year, I get to watch a lot of other people do (stupid) things...right here on Xavierhoops.

One of the best investments a person can make

Juice
03-29-2018, 01:13 PM
Jeff Borzello
‏@jeffborzello
Dartmouth graduate transfer Evan Boudreaux has committed to Purdue, source told ESPN.

Averaged 17.5 points and 9.5 rebounds in 2016-17, decommitted from Xavier when Chris Mack left for Louisville.

BandAid
03-29-2018, 01:18 PM
Jeff Borzello
‏@jeffborzello
Dartmouth graduate transfer Evan Boudreaux has committed to Purdue, source told ESPN.

Averaged 17.5 points and 9.5 rebounds in 2016-17, decommitted from Xavier when Chris Mack left for Louisville.

Good luck to Evan. Would've been nice to see him in Xavier blue next year.

markchal
03-29-2018, 01:21 PM
Dang. We're gonna be in trouble next year, especially if we lose any recruits.

xavierj
03-29-2018, 01:34 PM
Dang. We're gonna be in trouble next year, especially if we lose any recruits.

I think If Steele gets job everyone comes and everyone stays. They will also add a very good big man who will be a grad transfer. If not Steele it’s going to be a rough couple of years. Not to say that hiring someone else will be a bad thing, but it will
Just take a while to get a new system and players in place. Without Steele we are probably looking at zero recruits and maybe a transfer or two out.

drudy23
03-29-2018, 02:23 PM
What current players would potentially follow to Louisville? Please don't say Q, Naji, or Scruggs.

dubbledxu
03-29-2018, 02:27 PM
What current players would potentially follow to Louisville? Please don't say Q, Naji, or Scruggs.

Impossible to say until we know who is hired. Q/Scruggs could love playing for a guard style coach like Miller. Or they could all hate the new guy and all leave. Hell this could drag on another week or 2 and they could all ask out like they did at Pitt. Anything’s possible

GoMuskies
03-29-2018, 02:30 PM
Hell this could drag on another week or 2 and they could all ask out like they did at Pitt.

Pitt lost all 19 ACC games they played this year. Getting all those guys to leave may have been Pitt's actual strategy.

dubbledxu
03-29-2018, 02:32 PM
Pitt lost all 19 ACC games they played this year. Getting all those guys to leave may have been Pitt's actual strategy.

Can’t argue with you there, it was a weird situation the minute stallings walked on campus.

Drew's Crew
03-29-2018, 02:33 PM

Public Reps to this. THey need to start all over again. Gonna be a long few years with that program.

smileyy
03-29-2018, 02:46 PM
More like Boo-dreaux.

smileyy
03-29-2018, 02:47 PM
High comedy: Painter gets the XU job, Boudreaux decommits from Purdue and follows the coach.

dubbledxu
03-29-2018, 02:55 PM
High comedy: Painter gets the XU job, Boudreaux decommits from Purdue and follows the coach.

That’d be hilarious, on a few levels.

Masterofreality
03-29-2018, 03:00 PM
Fuck Chris Mack.
The Death Penalty costs have now begun. What BS.

JTG
03-29-2018, 03:14 PM
What was the deal with this guy ? Was he strictly a Murray guy. He jumped off right away, without even waiting to see who was coach ? He had to know X has no viable full time big man for next year, regardless of the coach.

Snipe
03-29-2018, 03:43 PM
Can't blame him for looking out for #1.

Thought he might give our new coach a chance to talk him back into X, but he is already gone.

I had high hopes for him.

McX
03-29-2018, 03:44 PM
Ef him, he's now dead to me also!!!

OTRMUSKIE
03-29-2018, 03:52 PM
Can we now make fun of his stupid skullet?

xavierj
03-29-2018, 04:00 PM

Have we ever had a player transfer and follow the coach to the new school? Maybe a recruit but not a current player. I also don’t think Louisville has a ton of open spots and they are shooting high for 2019 guys. Plus the Xavier players probably don’t want to sit a year. I am sure they all want to get through college and get paid ASAP.

DexterBailey84
03-29-2018, 06:17 PM
Have we ever had a player transfer and follow the coach to the new school? Maybe a recruit but not a current player. I also don’t think Louisville has a ton of open spots and they are shooting high for 2019 guys. Plus the Xavier players probably don’t want to sit a year. I am sure they all want to get through college and get paid ASAP.

Mark Lyons?

XUGRAD80
03-29-2018, 06:42 PM
Mark Lyons?

Wasn’t he a graduate transfer, and thus immediately eligible?

SM#24
03-29-2018, 06:53 PM
And didn’t we ask him to leave ?

DexterBailey84
03-29-2018, 07:05 PM

I honestly can't remember, that's the reason I threw it out there as a question lol

GIMMFD
03-29-2018, 08:41 PM
Yes he was, also left after 2 years of Chris Mack at the helm, not immediately after Sean Miller went to Arizona

And didn’t we ask him to leave ?
That's the rumor, and I think it's true, but who knows with those things

smileyy
03-29-2018, 10:01 PM
That's the rumor, and I think it's true, but who knows with those things

Whatever it was it was clear that the mutual interests weren't aligned.

xu82
03-29-2018, 10:09 PM
Ef him, he's now dead to me also!!!

I’m pissed at Mack, but I hope for the best for all the young men and their families. I hope they come around and realize this is still the great place they chose, and we will do the Xavier thing going forward.

SemajParlor
03-29-2018, 11:03 PM
Not an active player but Kevin Parrom sticks out. This is not a joke in the slightest - didn’t he end up getting shot ?

Juice
03-30-2018, 07:14 AM
Not an active player but Kevin Parrom sticks out. This is not a joke in the slightest - didn’t he end up getting shot ?

Yes.

And those saying Lyons, I think it was a year or two before he finally followed Sean out west.

xuwin
03-30-2018, 10:33 AM

I'm the same. I enjoy watching every Xavier game from my sofa in my man cave. I fret much more about my golf game than whether teams I like win or lose. I get excited with the wins and forget about the losses very quickly. The cure for losses is to just stay away from the chat boards for about 3 days.

bjf123
03-30-2018, 11:23 AM
The cure for losses is to just stay away from the chat boards for about 3 days.

Where’s the fun in that!

Cheesehead
03-30-2018, 12:09 PM
Yes, attended school but did not play on the team as he did not like their new coach so he can play immediately. Now that he is gone, I would like to add he's one goofy looking dude and he's losing his hair. So, take that!

D-West & PO-Z
03-30-2018, 12:30 PM
Yes, attended school but did not play on the team as he did not like their new coach so he can play immediately. Now that he is gone, I would like to add he's one goofy looking dude and he's losing his hair. So, take that!

I thought the reason he could play right away was because he has graduated. He is the rare 2 year remaining grad transfer.

OTRMUSKIE
03-30-2018, 12:55 PM
Good luck in the NIT you Smart and soon to be successful in life balding dork. We would have embraced you with love but now we wish every follicle on your head falls faster then you had hoped. I’m bald so it’s okay.

smileyy
03-30-2018, 12:57 PM
Maybe that's what made Mack appealing to him.

ArizonaXUGrad
03-31-2018, 04:47 PM
I wish him luck, Purdue loses a lot.

X-man
04-02-2018, 11:19 AM
According to Boudreaux, Mack tried to get him to come to Louisville link: https://www.jconline.com/story/sports/college/purdue/basketball/2018/03/29/purdue-basketball-lands-evan-boudreaux-graduate-transfer-commitment/470385002/). Mack more and more appears to be a major scumbag.

AviatorX
04-02-2018, 11:21 AM
According to Boudreaux, Mack tried to get him to come to Louisville link: https://www.jconline.com/story/sports/college/purdue/basketball/2018/03/29/purdue-basketball-lands-evan-boudreaux-graduate-transfer-commitment/470385002/). Mack more and more appears to be a major scumbag.

C'mon man...he's just doing his job.

Boudreaux hadn't signed an LOI or even stepped foot at X.

Masterofreality
04-02-2018, 11:29 AM
Hopefully Boudreaux not going to the cesspool denotes what other potential recruits are worried about as well- that Swampville is going to get hit hard with penalties and they want no part of it.

Cheesehead
04-02-2018, 11:31 AM
I thought the reason he could play right away was because he has graduated. He is the rare 2 year remaining grad transfer.

You and I are both right. He did graduate early and will be an immediate grad transfer but he also did not play hoops this season.

Juice
04-02-2018, 12:23 PM
Hopefully Boudreaux not going to the cesspool denotes what other potential recruits are worried about as well- that Swampville is going to get hit hard with penalties and they want no part of it.

I think it's safe to assume that Louisville is going to be out of post season play for a year or two, and I would also assume that Evan wanted no part of playing basketball for two more years with little to no chance of playing in the NCAA tournament.

GoMuskies
04-02-2018, 12:29 PM
I think it's safe to assume that Louisville is going to be out of post season play for a year or two, and I would also assume that Evan wanted no part of playing basketball for two more years with little to no chance of playing in the NCAA tournament.

I don't think there's any chance Louisville is out of either of the next two NCAA Tournaments.

markchal
04-02-2018, 12:41 PM
I agree, but I also think it's something I wouldn't want to risk as a player. One thing for Mack to deal with the fallout for 30 million, another thing for a player to try and squeeze in two years before it hits the fan.

SemajParlor
04-02-2018, 12:50 PM
C'mon man...he's just doing his job.

Boudreaux hadn't signed an LOI or even stepped foot at X.

Yeah I don't have a problem with that. He didn't sign anything, that's just the new U of L staff (ugh) doing due diligence on a guy they built a relationship with.

xu82
04-02-2018, 02:58 PM
I agree, but I also think it's something I wouldn't want to risk as a player. One thing for Mack to deal with the fallout for 30 million, another thing for a player to try and squeeze in two years before it hits the fan.

Exactly! Anywhere but Louisville!