PDA

View Full Version : Trevon Bluiett: First Team All American?

Backyard Champ
02-26-2018, 10:01 PM
I'll start this thread by saying: I'm lazy and don't want to do the research myself. That's why I'm starting the thread.

Do you guys think Tre will be named a first team all American? I think he's in the conversation, however, it just doesn't seem like his name gets discussed nationally quite enough. For example, just a week or two ago he averaged over 30 points a game for the week, and wasn't given player of the week honors for the big east.

I'd guess he's in the mix of 7-8 players for First Team, but I'm not sure if he'll get it. I think that our team being so dynamic offensively, mixed with him being a team first guy, makes it even more difficult for him to get the recognition required for first team Alll American.

What do you guys think his chances are? What kind of out put does he need these next few games to get on first team?

Also, when us that decided? Does the conference/NCAA tourney play a factor? I could absolutely see him tearing up the NCAA tourney again.

XUFan09
02-26-2018, 11:27 PM
I think the teams are announced prior to the Final Four.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

xukeith
02-27-2018, 07:30 AM
He will not be 1st team all american
Not enough publicity
Not Player of Year
I imagine 3rd team he will get.
NBA first rounders will get 1st team

Juice
02-27-2018, 07:30 AM
I think he is in line for last spot on first team but for sure a 2nd team selection.

nuts4xu
02-27-2018, 08:06 AM
Not enough publicity
Not Player of Year

Worst attempt at haiku I’ve ever seen. It’s 5-7-5!

Juice
02-27-2018, 09:08 AM
Not enough publicity
Not Player of Year

Jalen Brunson?

THRILLHOUSE
02-27-2018, 09:16 AM
I think he is in line for last spot on first team but for sure a 2nd team selection.

Yeah, he's in that group that's in consideration for the last spot, so he's really close, but I think he just misses.

kellernr
02-27-2018, 09:26 AM
Yeah, he's in that group that's in consideration for the last spot, so he's really close, but I think he just misses.Unless he goes off in every game the rest of the year. If he leads X to FF he should be up there.

THRILLHOUSE
02-27-2018, 09:52 AM
Unless he goes off in every game the rest of the year. If he leads X to FF he should be up there.

I believe the votes have to be in by the Sweet 16. So he'll need to go off these next 3 weeks.

American X
02-27-2018, 10:02 AM
Trae Young will receive all five spots on the First Team All-American.

xu koop scoop
02-27-2018, 10:05 AM

Trae Young should be there. How about the rest? Start naming them & see where Tre lands. Brunson is ahead of him also. I don't follow other teams much.
'

paulxu
02-27-2018, 10:29 AM

I admit that caused me to go look at ESPN's stat page.
He still leads in Pts/game AND Assists/game.
That's crazy.

THRILLHOUSE
02-27-2018, 10:30 AM
Trae Young should be there. How about the rest? Start naming them & see where Tre lands. Brunson is ahead of him also. I don't follow other teams much.
'

Likely Brunson, Young, Bagley, Ayton and one of Blueitt/Graham/Bates-Diop

BandDad
02-27-2018, 10:34 AM
Bluiett will be second team. Players ahead of him include Bagley (Duke), Ayton (Arizona - best player money can buy), Brunson (Villanova), Bridges (Michigan State), C. Edwards (Purdue), Graham (Kansas), Landale (St. Mary's), Young (Oklahoma). Don't see how he sneaks onto first team but don't think he falls to third team.

muskiefan82
02-27-2018, 10:34 AM
What? No tripper on the first team? He is a Dookie. They are awarded two first team slots each year, aren't they?

Xuperman
02-27-2018, 10:54 AM
Likely Brunson, Young, Bagley, Ayton and one of Blueitt/Graham/Bates-Diop

This looks about right but Graham is a for sure first teamer, many touting him POY. Our Trevon will be 2nd team.

D-West & PO-Z
02-27-2018, 11:49 AM
Bluiett will be second team. Players ahead of him include Bagley (Duke), Ayton (Arizona - best player money can buy), Brunson (Villanova), Bridges (Michigan State), C. Edwards (Purdue), Graham (Kansas), Landale (St. Mary's), Young (Oklahoma). Don't see how he sneaks onto first team but don't think he falls to third team.

I dont think that many guys are ahead of Tre. He may end up 2nd team but he is somewhere between 5-7.

letskeepitreal
02-27-2018, 12:03 PM
Not enough publicity
Not Player of Year

I don't think he's gotta shot at first team. Probably 2nd or 3rd team if there is such a thing.

I believe First team will be
Jalen Brunson-Nova
Marvin Bagley-Duke
DeAndre Ayton-Arizona
Trae Young-Oklahoma
I would then take Devonte Graham or Miles Bridges

2nd and third
there is a lot of people worthy
Bluiett, Bridges from Nova, whoever gets bumped from above, Sexton, Grayson Allen- too many to list

Lloyd Braun
02-27-2018, 12:35 PM
I find it hard to picture Bridges in over Bates-Diop. Does that happen often? Putting a player in over the conference POY? I think Tre has a good shot at it if he finishes with a bang.

THRILLHOUSE
02-27-2018, 01:06 PM
I find it hard to picture Bridges in over Bates-Diop. Does that happen often?

Agreed. However, since the All American (and Wooden) votes don't have to be in until Mid-March, if Bridges had a great Big 10 tourney and first two rounds of the NCAA's, I could see him leap frogging Bates-Diop. But currently, Bates-Diop should be ahead of him.

Snipe
02-27-2018, 01:46 PM
I gave Tre a choice at the beginning of the year. He could be the best player on the best team playing in the best conference in college hoops, or he could be first team All American.

He choose well.

muskiefan82
02-27-2018, 01:55 PM

waggy
02-27-2018, 11:10 PM
Dakich was somewhat critical of Bagley last night. Likes to shoot but doesn't play much defense.

If was funny cause he immediately walked it back little though. Not because it wasn't true, but he knew the bosses wouldn't be happy him hinting anything negative about a duke boy.

Juice
02-28-2018, 07:03 AM
Dakich was somewhat critical of Bagley last night. Likes to shoot but doesn't play much defense.

If was funny cause he immediately walked it back little though. Not because it wasn't true, but he knew the bosses wouldn't be happy him hinting anything negative about a duke boy.

Dan Dakich is also a moron who should walk back most of what he says.

THRILLHOUSE
02-28-2018, 09:34 AM
Here are the semi-finalists for the Naismith. Different set of voters from the Wooden/AA Teams, but pretty good chance the first two teams would be made up of these 10 players.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DXIdzULXkAANx76.jpg