PDA

View Full Version : MSOC: Xavier v. Butler (Big East Semifinal)

Muskie
11-08-2017, 08:35 AM

Xavier Musketeers vs. Butler Bulldogs

November 8, 2017

Game Time: 7:00 p.m. ET

Indianapolis, Indiana
Sellick Bowl

TV: FS2

Live Stats (http://stats.statbroadcast.com/statmonitr/?id=197434)

Game Preview (http://goxavier.com/news/2017/11/6/mens-soccer-no-4-seed-xavier-travels-to-no-1-seed-butler-for-big-east-championships-semifinal.aspx)

Muskie
11-08-2017, 08:37 AM
The winner of the semifinal match will advance to the BIG EAST Championships title game on Sunday, Nov. 12 at 12 p.m. If Xavier were to advance, the Musketeers would travel to either No. 2 Georgetown or No. 3 St. John's for the final round.

X-band '01
11-08-2017, 06:48 PM
Tonight's game is on the Big East Digital Network, not FS2. Just a heads-up.

GoMuskies
11-08-2017, 06:51 PM
Tonight's game is on the Big East Digital Network, not FS2. Just a heads-up.

Are we kicking their asses?

GIMMFD
11-08-2017, 07:03 PM
Are we kicking their asses?

0-0 at the half, leading shots 6-2

X-band '01
11-08-2017, 08:06 PM
Tied 2-2 at the end of regulation. Xavier had a 2-0 lead with 10 to play and couldn't finish.

bleedXblue
11-08-2017, 08:46 PM
XU wins in OT to advance to the Big East Finals!!

Always good to beat Butler!!!!

X-band '01
11-08-2017, 08:46 PM
Despite missing a penalty shot in OT following a Butler handball in the box, Xavier wins 4-1 in penalty kicks. They'll face Georgetown on Sunday for the Big East title.

XUGRAD80
11-08-2017, 08:49 PM
Great News!

Now beat Gtown and get a championship!

paulxu
11-08-2017, 09:25 PM
Butler losing to Xavier = the Butler Way.

bobbiemcgee
11-08-2017, 09:41 PM
https://twitter.com/BIGEASTchamps/status/928453948888965120

GIMMFD
11-09-2017, 12:05 AM
This game was absolutely incredibly to watch the last 30 minutes, kept you on the edge of your seat, X had so many chances to put them away, but got it done when it mattered. Hopefully can put away Georgetown and get an auto bid to the tourney!! Our Seniors deserve it, especially Corey Brown who's had an incredible year at X and will be a draft pick in the MLS.

Lamont Sanford
11-09-2017, 07:40 AM
Butler losing to Xavier = the Butler Way.

+1. Screw Butler.

Masterofreality
11-09-2017, 07:59 AM
This game was absolutely incredibly to watch the last 30 minutes, kept you on the edge of your seat, X had so many chances to put them away, but got it done when it mattered. Hopefully can put away Georgetown and get an auto bid to the tourney!! Our Seniors deserve it, especially Corey Brown who's had an incredible year at X and will be a draft pick in the MLS.

I’m not really a futbol fan but that was a super game to watch. After the game Andy Fleming was interviewed and he blamed himself for blowing the 2-0 lead. After X didn’t convert on the penalty kick, and after X out played Futler the whole game, what a kick in the nads if X lost that game in a Shootout. Thankfully the X Men crushed it.

X-man
11-09-2017, 08:12 AM
I’m not really a futbol fan but that was a super game to watch. After the game Andy Fleming was interviewed and he blamed himself for blowing the 2-0 lead. After X didn’t convert on the penalty kick, and after X out played Futler the whole game, what a kick in the nads if X lost that game in a Shootout. Thankfully the X Men crushed it.

I have 5 soccer players in class this semester. I turned on the game last night. It was literally seconds after Xavier scored the second goal. I watched for 5-6 minutes, where Butler was the aggressor and Xavier appeared to be playing not to lose. It was also the time frame where Butler scored twice to tie the game. Clearly the bad trend was entirely due to the fact that I had turned the game on, so I turned it off. It was with great relief that I read we had won. Now my students on the team can't blame me for a loss. BTW they promised a win, so they delivered.

Muskie
11-09-2017, 08:27 AM
I didn't make it out there last night as I had hoped. Looked like an exciting match though.

GIMMFD
11-09-2017, 02:52 PM
I have 5 soccer players in class this semester. I turned on the game last night. It was literally seconds after Xavier scored the second goal. I watched for 5-6 minutes, where Butler was the aggressor and Xavier appeared to be playing not to lose. It was also the time frame where Butler scored twice to tie the game. Clearly the bad trend was entirely due to the fact that I had turned the game on, so I turned it off. It was with great relief that I read we had won. Now my students on the team can't blame me for a loss. BTW they promised a win, so they delivered.

Yeah, 2-0 is the most dangerous lead in sports, good for those guys. Proud of Matty V for forgetting about his OT penalty miss and converting when need be, have some serious players on this team, and they're all good guys. The Seniors were Freshman during my Senior year, and I genuinely enjoyed them, well deserved. Hopefully they can deliver one more big win, and bring home a Big East championship and an auto bid to the NCAAs!!

fellahmuskie
11-09-2017, 03:16 PM
Yeah, 2-0 is the most dangerous lead in sports, good for those guys. Proud of Matty V for forgetting about his OT penalty miss and converting when need be, have some serious players on this team, and they're all good guys. The Seniors were Freshman during my Senior year, and I genuinely enjoyed them, well deserved. Hopefully they can deliver one more big win, and bring home a Big East championship and an auto bid to the NCAAs!!

I didn't watch the entire game, but I really wanted Matt to take the 1st penalty in the shootout. He stepped up and converted. Awesome leadership.