PDA

View Full Version : Cavs

xudash
06-09-2017, 09:56 PM
Cleveland is presently blowing out Golden State.

Third quarter. LeBron James drives into the center of the lane, has nowhere to go, throws the ball up on the backboard, and proceeds to go up and slam it down from there!

It was a thing of beauty.

xu82
06-09-2017, 10:13 PM
Cleveland is presently blowing out Golden State.

Third quarter. LeBron James drives into the center of the lane, has nowhere to go, throws the ball up on the backboard, and proceeds to go up and slam it down from there!

It was a thing of beauty.

THAT was insane! Much like the refs in this one.....

waggy
06-09-2017, 11:02 PM
Should be called a travel.

GIMMFD
06-09-2017, 11:16 PM
Dear lord that was the most complete game the Cavs have played in the finals, colossal effort from everybody on the court, however, if they somehow force a Game 7, I'm 100% convinced the NBA is rigged.

STL_XUfan
06-10-2017, 10:42 AM
Should be called a travel.

Honest question, is the NBA rule that it has to hit rim first for it not to be a travel or double dribble?

LA Muskie
06-10-2017, 11:35 AM
Honest question, is the NBA rule that it has to hit rim first for it not to be a travel or double dribble?

It's a travel.

http://www.nba.com/2013/news/10/24/ask-donnie-q-and-a/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xudash
06-10-2017, 11:41 AM
It's a travel.

Well, it was good TV.

usfldan
06-10-2017, 11:49 AM
Are you saying LeBron's play was a travel? Because your link seems to indicate it was not because he threw it off the backboard.

Q: Would it be traveling if you caught your own air ball? - submitted by Troy B

A: If a shot does not hit the rim or backboard, the shooter may not be the first player to touch it. If he does, a traveling violation will be called.

Xville
06-11-2017, 06:52 AM
For their sake, golden State better close this out in 5, otherwise I think cavs win in 7.

ammtd34
06-11-2017, 08:23 AM
It's a travel.

It hit the backboard.

LA Muskie
06-12-2017, 01:59 AM
Are you saying LeBron's play was a travel? Because your link seems to indicate it was not because he threw it off the backboard.

I didn't watch the game so I didn't have the context. I was just basing it off the OP. If it hit the backboard it sounds like it's technically OK even if it wasn't a genuine shot attempt but rather, essentially, a self-pass.

drudy23
06-12-2017, 08:54 AM
Doesn't seem to be a travel.

SemajParlor
06-12-2017, 09:06 AM
No dog in this fight here - I had GSW in 6 at the start. However I would NOT be happy if I was a Warriors fan with a Game 5 loss at home.

MauriceX
06-12-2017, 03:55 PM
The only place where it might have been a travel was right as he released the ball. In real time, I thought he had landed again before he let go of the ball. I'm still not convinced it wasn't a travel, but none of the replays have a good angle. Once the ball hit the backboard though, it was anyone's ball, and he went and got it.

I will say, while it was impressive, it also made me a bit mad. LeBron broke one of the fundamental rules of basketball because he left his feet and didn't know what he was going to do with the ball. The people he wanted to pass to were all guarded, and he didn't drive hard enough to be able to lay it in himself. But I guess when you are LeBron, you can just do whatever and it'll still work out.

That said, go Warriors! Gonna get DFW a ring tonight!