PDA

View Full Version : Seton Hall Doesn't Expect Delgado Back

mistabeecee41
05-11-2017, 08:41 AM
http://www.zagsblog.com/2017/05/10/seton-hall-doesnt-expect-expect-angel-delgado-return/

Carrington and Rodriguez are both studs - but i feel like this will drop SHU back in the bottom of the pack.

MuskieXU
05-11-2017, 09:21 AM
I still have no idea how good of a coach Willard is. This year will be a big test for him.

Muskie
05-11-2017, 12:56 PM
25 Double - Double's out of 27 (both against Villanova). I don't know how much his offense could improve by coming back. Probably a good decision for him. He's the kind of guy that even if not drafted, gets picked up.

AviatorX
05-11-2017, 01:02 PM
I still have no idea how good of a coach Willard is. This year will be a big test for him.

0 NCAA tournament wins with that group that is/would be entering their senior year is pretty brutal.

EastCoastXman
05-11-2017, 01:59 PM
0 NCAA tournament wins with that group that is/would be entering their senior year is pretty brutal.

SHU has not even been in the Dance since the 05-06 season so going 0-2 last 2 years was step up for the program. They were really banking on Angel returning and hoping he would draw in Trevon Duval as a one and done. Must be feeling that Duval is heading to Duke. A little panic is now setting in on the SHU campus. They did get a 7' JUCO but they planned on red shirting him this year before sending him into the paint in the Big East. Told my SHU friends the 2016-17 line from C Mack. "Next Man Up"!

GIMMFD
05-12-2017, 05:02 PM
SHU has not even been in the Dance since the 05-06 season so going 0-2 last 2 years was step up for the program. They were really banking on Angel returning and hoping he would draw in Trevon Duval as a one and done. Must be feeling that Duval is heading to Duke. A little panic is now setting in on the SHU campus. They did get a 7' JUCO but they planned on red shirting him this year before sending him into the paint in the Big East. Told my SHU friends the 2016-17 line from C Mack. "Next Man Up"!

I figured Duval would be a Duke lock with Frank Jackson deciding to hire an agent and put his name in the draft, but this is still a blow for SH. Delgado was an animal, they'll be a middle of the pack team... and even though they hadn't been in the Dance since 05, they had some really quality players, I figured they would grab at least one win in the tournament in the last two years.

EastCoastXman
05-15-2017, 08:25 AM
and T. Duval just announced Duke over Seton Hall. Pirates taking a step back this year.

casualfan
05-22-2017, 01:21 PM
Delgado is coming back.

EastCoastXman
05-22-2017, 02:31 PM
Yes. The Pirate Crew is jumping up and down on this rainy day in Jersey! They will be a legit contender next year. They have also upgraded their non conference schedule and will have dates with Louisville, Indiana and either VA or Rhody in the pre-season NIT.

waggy
05-22-2017, 09:08 PM
That's really great for the conference.

Emp
05-23-2017, 11:59 AM
Can someone explain how he doesn't go in the first two rounds? I'm not a draft watcher, but this is dumbfounding to me.

Muskie
05-23-2017, 12:08 PM
I think it was more that he wanted to make sure he went somewhere in the 1st round. Not that he wouldn't be drafted. I've not read any of the reports on him, so I could be off base.

muskienick
05-23-2017, 01:00 PM
That's really great for the conference.

And stinking for the nine teams that must play against Angel Delgado two times each this coming season!

sirthought
05-23-2017, 01:14 PM
The guy is going to be a beast.

So I wonder just how loaded the Big East will be this season?

paulxu
05-23-2017, 02:03 PM
I think it was more that he wanted to make sure he went somewhere in the 1st round. Not that he wouldn't be drafted. I've not read any of the reports on him, so I could be off base.

Also it seems some guys (who everyone thinks could benefit from another year of college) go ahead anyway; perhaps concerned about injuries that would derail their standing.

AviatorX
05-23-2017, 02:15 PM
Delgado is one of my favorite non-X guys in college basketball. Glad he'll be back.

casualfan
05-23-2017, 02:22 PM
Can someone explain how he doesn't go in the first two rounds? I'm not a draft watcher, but this is dumbfounding to me.

He doesn't have a position in the league.

He's an excellent college player, but you just don't see many 6 '8 or 6 '9 back to the basket big guys in the league.

Muskie
05-23-2017, 02:24 PM
He doesn't have a position in the league.

He's an excellent college player, but you just don't see many 6 '8 or 6 '9 back to the basket big guys in the league.
I didnt' realize he was that "small". I've never looked at his height. I don't care what his official height is, he plays bigger.

sirthought
05-23-2017, 02:28 PM
Google says 6'10" He sure looks taller than others on the court.
Draft Express say 6'9" in 2013.

bleedXblue
05-23-2017, 02:30 PM
I agree. He's a no doubter NBA player in some capacity. I love his tenacity and competitiveness. Reminds me a little of David West back in the day.

Good for the Big East !!

casualfan
05-23-2017, 02:35 PM
I didnt' realize he was that "small". I've never looked at his height. I don't care what his official height is, he plays bigger.

Seton Hall lists him at 6 '10, but we all know how that works.

The draft sites have him smaller.

NBADraft.net lists him at 6 '9:

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/angel-delgado

And draftexpress lists him at 6 '8:

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Angel-Delgado-71772/

A guy like Delgado really highlights the difference between the college and the nba game. To be a big in the NBA you have to be either...

highly skilled: Gasol, Horford, Gortat, Jokic

or

an athletic freak: Gobert, McGee, Whiteside, Deandre Jordan

Those are obviously extremely simple buckets to throw guys into, but the point with regards to delgado is that I don't think he fits in either bucket. He's really good around the rim, but he doesn't really have a faceup game to speak of and while he is extremely physical he's definitely a "below the rim" type guy.

I've always felt the best way to determine whether a guy has an NBA game is to ask yourself who in the NBA currently resembles that player. Off the top of my head I just can't really think of any guys in the league that have his type of game.

Muskie
05-23-2017, 02:41 PM
He reminds me of Tyrone Hill. But I don't know if Tyrone Hill would have a place in today's NBA.

sirthought
05-23-2017, 02:42 PM
javale mcgee?

sirthought
05-23-2017, 02:42 PM
Danny Fortson?

casualfan
05-23-2017, 02:55 PM
javale mcgee?

McGee has 3-4 inches and 30 pounds on Delgado. He is legitimately 7 foot 270 whereas Delgado is maybe 6 '9 240.

Not to mention the fact that he is an absolute FREAK athlete for a guy that size.

It's like when you get to high school and you find out that the biggest baddest kid on your grade school team is just slightly bigger than average and really not that good. Delgado is the big bad guy on your grade school team and the NBA is high school.

And if Danny Fortson is still in the league that is news to me. I haven't heard that name in a LONG time.

casualfan
05-23-2017, 02:59 PM
He reminds me of Tyrone Hill. But I don't know if Tyrone Hill would have a place in today's NBA.

I doubt it. He didn't take a single 3 in his 14 year NBA career. I bet you's be hard-pressed to find more than a handful of guys shorter than 6 '10 that didn't take a three this year in the league.

paulxu
05-23-2017, 03:46 PM
To be a big in the NBA you have to be either...

highly skilled: Gasol, Horford, Gortat, Jokic

or

an athletic freak: Gobert, McGee, Whiteside, Deandre Jordan

or big.

Olsingledigit
05-23-2017, 03:47 PM
I doubt it. He didn't take a single 3 in his 14 year NBA career. I bet you's be hard-pressed to find more than a handful of guys shorter than 6 '10 that didn't take a three this year in the league.

I haven't checked the stats but i am guessing that Hill would be there now because of his rebounding skills. He had the biggest hands i have ever seen.