PDA

View Full Version : Play-In Game

XU05and07
03-18-2008, 01:57 PM
Dayton's NCAA moment in the spotlight is tonight...the play-in game

Who'd ya got? Mount St. Mary's or Coppin St.?

I got Mount St. Mary's because they haven't lost 20 games this season

The Artist
03-18-2008, 02:50 PM
I just hope whoever wins has a final digit in their score of 2, and whoever loses has a final digit in their score of 3, because then I win $100!

I'll go MSM 72-63 for the win

Kahns Krazy
03-18-2008, 03:06 PM
I just hope whoever wins has a final digit in their score of 2, and whoever loses has a final digit in their score of 3, because then I win $100!

I'll go MSM 72-63 for the win

I hope you have a grid for the whole tournament, not just the play in game.

Real fans know we just call it "The Mount".

coasterville95
03-18-2008, 03:10 PM
People do a 100-box on the Play-In Game?

I guess anything to get people at least a little bit interested in whats going to transpire at UD Arena tonight.

I mean really, by Thursday who is going to remember the losing teams name, by Saturday who is goiing to remember who won it?

Mt. St. Mary's is the favorite, and Coppin State has the reputation of being the College Basketball equivilant of the Washington Generals. Oh wait, that's NJIT! I'm gonna have to go for Mt. St. Mary.

WInners: "What, we won this game and not only do we not get to go to Disneyland, we have to play North Carolina!! Well, at least we got a trip to tropical Dayton Ohio ;) for our trouble"

(Of course now that I used that joke, It would be my luck that North Carolina vs/ Play In "Winner" is in Anaheim, and yes they could go to Disneyland to help them forget about the slaughter), but I think they are in DC as well in reality.)

GoMuskies
03-18-2008, 03:39 PM
Hey, the last time Coppin State was in the dance they won as a 15 seed. Never know...ok, we know. But it's not a bad story that they were at one point 4-19 (including a 98-49 thrashing at the hands of mighty Xavier).

FoundingFather
03-18-2008, 04:12 PM
Did anyone realize that Coppin beat Morgan State to win the MEAC? Morgan, if you don't remember, is where Boubacar Coly landed after X. He played all 40 minutes of that game and had 14 rebs with only 6 points. That being the case, I say Coppin wins a thriller. I wish Morgan would have won that game so we all could have finally seen Bou play a game.

FoundingFather
03-18-2008, 04:20 PM
check that.... Morgan is playing Virginia Tech in the first round of the NIT. The game is tomorrow night at 7:00 on ESPN Classic. FYI, Boubacar was the MEAC defensive player of the year, averaging 11.1 rpg (4th in the nation).

PM Thor
03-18-2008, 05:28 PM
The last time a team with a losing record played in the tourney, they won their first game.

So I am picking Coppin State +7.

The Artist
03-18-2008, 06:22 PM
Yes, the grid is for the entire tournament, although the opening round is def. overpaid at $100. It was $21 per square, so nothing crazy, I guess just enough to build interest in an uninteresting game