PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Xavier's Sweet Sixteen Recruits

OX09
03-18-2008, 09:40 AM
...it's an article currently up on Rivals, but once more, it is reserved for subscribers.

Can a subscriber please give us at least a partial report of who our major targets are (outside of Ari)?

I'm sure we could guess most of the targets, but it's nice to hear it out of the horse's mouth.

xu95
03-18-2008, 11:33 AM
Brian, if this upsets you let me know and I won't do this again.

Without getting deep into the article the typical names are on there: Durand Scott, Tevin Baskin, Omari Lawrence, Naji Hibbert, etc. The surprising name is one of Ari's buddies in Mfon Udofia.

Some of the players are closer to committing than others.

xu95

waggy
03-18-2008, 11:56 AM
Weren't all of the verbal commitments made only 2 to 4 weeks after the tournament last year? X really got a jump on everyone last year, and got an early start on '09. Would be awesome if that occured again.

Lamont Sanford
03-18-2008, 12:45 PM
Man, I'd love to see commitments from Ari, Omari and Naji.

Keep up the hard work, Book. Bring these guys to Victory Parkway in '09!

xu95
03-19-2008, 11:22 AM
An interesting thing about Ari, is if you look at his profile on Rivals, he has about 15 schools on his list, but only five that he shows "High" interest in. One of those is Xavier. Only three of the five have actually offered him. Xavier is in decent shape there it looks like.

xu95

OX09
03-19-2008, 12:16 PM
I may be way off with this, because I don't get to read any articles...

but I feel like Xavier is where Ari kinda wants to go (following his "heart") yet he is being pulled away to closer locations or bigger conferences (following stereotypical reasoning)

...like I mentioned earlier, I am probably dead worng with this assessment. But it's kinda the impression that I get.

Follow your heart Ari

X Factor
03-19-2008, 02:03 PM
Obviously, getting Ari Stewart would be HUGE.

Mfon Udofia would also be a big time get.

Tevin Baskin, Naji Hibbert, Durand Scott, Terrance Shannon, James Still, Omari Lawrence, Kevin Parrom are all big time players and would be excellent committments for Xavier.

There's other guys out there that Sean and his staff are recruiting as well.

Ari and any 2 or 3 of the other guys would be an amazing class.

xu95
03-20-2008, 08:06 AM
Xavier has just as good a shot at ARI right now as any other school.

xu95