PDA

View Full Version : Women's Selection Show (7:00, ESPN)

cinskyline
03-17-2008, 05:59 PM
It's time to learn what seed the women's team is going to get.

I'll guess a 9 seed.

cinskyline
03-17-2008, 06:18 PM
GW is a 6 seed playing 11 seed Auburn

Their 2nd round matchup would probably be 3 seed Cal

Then Rutgers if they get to the Sweet 16. I don't see GW getting past the 2nd round.

cinskyline
03-17-2008, 06:32 PM
Hmm... still no Temple. Think Dawn Staley is sweating this one out?

cinskyline
03-17-2008, 06:39 PM
Temple just came up as an 11 playing #6 Arizona St

Possible rematch with #3 Duke if they win.

Tough bracket for the Owls

cinskyline
03-17-2008, 06:39 PM
Well, we're obviously heading west.

cinskyline
03-17-2008, 06:45 PM
Well, we got a #9 playing #8 Nebraska in College Park,MD

Then a matchup with #1 Maryland on its home court.

xavierdude
03-17-2008, 06:49 PM
Well, we got a #9 playing #8 Nebraska in College Park,MD

Then a matchup with #1 Maryland on its home court.

When do they play? I'm already going to be in DC for the men, maybe I could hang around for the women!!!

xeus
03-17-2008, 07:05 PM
Looks like the 23rd.

Women's Bracket (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/tournament/bracket)

XU-PA
03-17-2008, 07:10 PM
That will be a tough road.

First the huskers, then Maryland on their home court.

Ouch!

HomerCecil
03-17-2008, 09:48 PM
Immediate thoughts (just seeing it):

Why on earth are UConn and Rutgers the 1 and 2 seeds in the same region? That's completely idiotic. That's the equivalent of putting Duke and UNC in the same region. Why?

GW and Auburn already have played this year. The women's committee regularly creates rematches in the first round of the tournament. Why?

Xavier, at least, is about where they should be. If they can take Nebraska, it at least will be interesting to see how the front court of Amber and Ta'Shia does against Laura Harper and Crystal Langhorne.

Why on earth is Florida State in?

spongebob
03-18-2008, 09:13 AM

Why on earth are UConn and Rutgers the 1 and 2 seeds in the same region? That's completely idiotic. That's the equivalent of putting Duke and UNC in the same region. Why?

GW and Auburn already have played this year. The women's committee regularly creates rematches in the first round of the tournament. Why?

Xavier, at least, is about where they should be. If they can take Nebraska, it at least will be interesting to see how the front court of Amber and Ta'Shia does against Laura Harper and Crystal Langhorne.

Why on earth is Florida State in?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/ncaatourney08/columns/story?columnist=creme_charlie&id=3299214

This article may explain/answer some of your questions. I agree, though, some odd bracketing and picks.

STL_XUfan
03-18-2008, 04:09 PM
great draw for the women, with the men's team in town they might get some boosters to stick around for the game. Also I know it is lucky because there is currently only enough students for one pep band (it is spring break/easter for all of the students) so now the pep band can play both venues.

X-band '01
03-19-2008, 05:24 AM

For starters, the Big East has 8 teams in the tournament - the earliest they could meet would be a regional final. In a vacuum, it looks as if UConn is seeded #1 and Rutgers #8; they paid dearly for losing their Big East quarterfinal, it appears.

I can't explain the Florida State bid, though.