PDA

View Full Version : Big East POY

Xuperman
01-05-2017, 11:18 AM
We are approaching the halfway point and wanted to hear if anyone has any prediictions for BE player of the year. Yes, Josh Hart is the clear front runner for this award and even in the mix nationally but he most certainly could be upset by a few other BE guys. Delgado is an automatic double/double and Watson accounts for like 30 ppg with his crazy assist numbers but Sumner is my sleeper. The GU game will be the norm going forward. Barring Ref bias, no one will be able to keep Ed off the charity stripe and his ft % is getting better. I think he will get to the line 10/15 times a game OR he is gonna get a lot off points at the rim. He is currently 3rd in the BE in assists and that too will rise as he drives and dishes more. Call me crazy but I think he can challenge for the scoring title.....I really think he is ready to go off!

bleedXblue
01-05-2017, 11:51 AM
Josh Hart.......hands down.

He's right there for National POY too

THRILLHOUSE
01-05-2017, 12:43 PM
Yeah, barring an injury or a Monstar from Space Jam stealing his abilities, it's going to Hart.

The other spots on the Big East First Team should be an interesting race though.

BandAid
01-05-2017, 12:43 PM
Watson runner up?

muskieindent
01-05-2017, 01:00 PM
It's Hart's to lose unless someone else gets red hot.He might be National POY

xufan2434
01-06-2017, 09:22 AM
I think the only way Hart doesn't win it this year is if they somehow finish 2/3rd in the conference. Watson's numbers should be good enough to give him the nod if Creighton were to take the conference. Unless Ed starts averaging 25, 6, 6 or something ridiculous I don't think he'll win. Tre and JP take too much away from him. Which I'm completely fine with because it makes X better.

mistabeecee41
01-06-2017, 09:37 AM
No way Hart doesn't get it. Speaking of, saw him last night. Was holding a door open for an older lady entering an apartment complex - seems like a nice guy. With that being said, looking back, I totally should have Tonya Harding'ed him.

Muskeagle
01-06-2017, 09:49 AM
No way Hart doesn't get it. Speaking of, saw him last night. Was holding a door open for an older lady entering an apartment complex - seems like a nice guy. With that being said, looking back, I totally should have Tonya Harding'ed him.

Speaking of nice kids...I watched the postgame interview with the Butler kid who sealed the game with the steal against Hart (Baldwin, I think). That kid was gracious and polite to a fault during the interview. I know college basketball is big business and these kids are groomed from a young age through schools and AAU and all the crap that goes into the "business." But you see a game like that, and then you see a kid give an interview...and you remember, they are just kids...and it's fun. It's easy to get a little cynical, but moments like that can restore a LITTLE faith in it all.

It even made me forget I hate Butler...if only for a minute.

Juice
01-06-2017, 09:50 AM

or at the very least Saving Silvermanned him

THRILLHOUSE
01-06-2017, 09:59 AM

or in the same vein, Celtic Pride'd him

http://saltcityhoops.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/600full-celtic-pride-poster.jpg

Xuperman
01-06-2017, 10:17 AM
Anyone know if this is an award voted on by the 10 head coaches or some other way? If it is just the coaches it seems that an upset would be more possible. Hart comes with a lot of well deserved media hype but there is a good chance he will not be the top scorer in BE play. He should not be given the award until he earns it. Lots of ball yet to be played.

ammtd34
01-06-2017, 01:33 PM

Staged his death?

Juice
01-06-2017, 01:35 PM
Staged his death?

A little kidnapping, stage a death, lock in a garage and only feed him Big Montanas from Arby's. Whatever it takes.

ammtd34
01-06-2017, 02:03 PM
A little kidnapping, stage a death, lock in a garage and only feed him Big Montanas from Arby's. Whatever it takes.

The sauce dripping out of the sandwich is weirdly hot. Not as hot as when she leans out of the window on The Whole Nine Yards, but still.

Xuperman
02-16-2017, 01:58 PM
Yes, I know that Hart's name was engraved on this trophy before the season started but c'mon....Delgado!!! I love watching this guy. He is so dominate and does it with that infectious smile!

XUMIOH12
02-16-2017, 03:20 PM
Yes, I know that Hart's name was engraved on this trophy before the season started but c'mon....Delgado!!! I love watching this guy. He is so dominate and does it with that infectious smile!

lol

scoscox
02-16-2017, 03:49 PM
Delgado is actually awesome, but I can't confirm the smile part

Xuperman
02-22-2017, 08:10 PM
Confirmation on smile for all to see.....he is having a lot of fun . Guy is the Pirate version of D West. BE POY? Guess not but he is certainly the conference MVP.

Xuperman
02-22-2017, 08:18 PM
lol
So are you still bustin' a rib? Give credit when due......his can is labeled Whoop Ass and opens one nightly!

D-West & PO-Z
02-22-2017, 08:44 PM
Confirmation for all to see.....he is having a lot of fun . Guy is the Pirate version of D West. BE POY? Guess not but he is certainly the conference MVP.

Wait what? Not POY but MVP?

Xuperman
02-22-2017, 08:59 PM
Wait what? Not POY but MVP?

Yes, by definition.... most valuable player. VU would still be pretty dang good w/o JH!

D-West & PO-Z
02-22-2017, 09:06 PM
Delgado is neither POY or MVP of the BE. He is a very good player though.

Xuperman
02-22-2017, 09:14 PM
Well you know what they say about opinions....but obviously it is them 2 and the rest are way back.

AviatorX
02-22-2017, 09:18 PM
KenPom doesn't even have Delgado in his top 5, for what it's worth.

Xuperman
02-22-2017, 09:30 PM
KenPom doesn't even have Delgado in his top 5, for what it's worth.

Top 5 of what? Players in the BE? Please, they guy is completely destroying the conference on the stat sheet. Double/double in every BE game but 1 (@ VU). What am I missing here?

XUMIOH12
02-22-2017, 11:14 PM
So are you still bustin' a rib? Give credit when due......his can is labeled Whoop Ass and opens one nightly!

yes I am lol. I know Delgado is a good player, but your commentary on him was funny

nuts4xu
02-23-2017, 07:39 AM
Delgado is neither POY or MVP of the BE.

Yes he is, this is a fact. This has been covered.