PDA

View Full Version : Malek Green....Cincinnati Taft HS

XUGRAD80
12-24-2016, 07:46 AM
Watching the channel 5 news this morning and they were talking about top recruits out of the Cincinnati area. At the top of the list was a player from Taft HS...Malek Green. They said he was a 6-9 player who was sailing under the radar, but had a huge upside. I did some searching on various sites and don't see him listed in the top 20 of recruits in Ohio. BUT, I also see him listed as either 6-5 or 6-6 in stories from local outlets. Anyone know anything about him? Only school I saw mentioned was Stony Brook, but wondering if X has any interest. Have had pretty good luck in the past with some players out of the Cinn. Public School League that were not highly ranked or recruited..

joe titan
12-24-2016, 12:00 PM
Watching the channel 5 news this morning and they were talking about top recruits out of the Cincinnati area. At the top of the list was a player from Taft HS...Malek Green. They said he was a 6-9 player who was sailing under the radar, but had a huge upside. I did some searching on various sites and don't see him listed in the top 20 of recruits in Ohio. BUT, I also see him listed as either 6-5 or 6-6 in stories from local outlets. Anyone know anything about him? Only school I saw mentioned was Stony Brook, but wondering if X has any interest. Have had pretty good luck in the past with some players out of the Cinn. Public School League that were not highly ranked or recruited..

The kid is at best OK but not Big East material; not even AAC but NKU/Wright St perhaps Miami level.

I am curious who might be considered under the emboldened text b/c IMO XU has seen few players from Cinn Public. Connie Warren, Tyrone Hill, JD Barnett, Rasheed Daniels, Steve Gentry; partial qualifiers Dale Haarmann, CJ, Semaj went to public schools but not CPS. Graves was but did not stay @ XU. Short list for 50 years' worth.

Emp
01-04-2017, 01:15 PM
Nick Daniels = Rashid Daniels?

joe titan
01-04-2017, 05:26 PM
yes

Emp
01-04-2017, 08:08 PM
Cornelius Freeman?

This thread has already jumped the shark, so....

Connie Warren was a freak. 6'6 at best, but he longest arms EVER in a Xavier Jersey. Great guy, even today.

Emp
01-08-2017, 12:16 PM
[/B]

The kid is at best OK but not Big East material; not even AAC but NKU/Wright St perhaps Miami level.

I am curious who might be considered under the emboldened text b/c IMO XU has seen few players from Cinn Public. Connie Warren, Tyrone Hill, JD Barnett, Rasheed Daniels, Steve Gentry; partial qualifiers Dale Haarmann, CJ, Semaj went to public schools but not CPS. Graves was but did not stay @ XU. Short list for 50 years' worth.

Ahhh, Bob Cobra Quick ? Sam Lacy? I'm just getting started. More research.

Alas Freeman was from dePorres.

joe titan
01-09-2017, 09:35 AM
Quick was from Detroit. Tyrice Walker was Hamilton High & Doellman was Ryle if we extend the category; Tu came from Harmony. Dave Plunkett was Princeton.

P.S. Emp you are in top 1% just for knowing Connie Warren (for you youngsters think DBrown with better post up game.).

flatspat
01-09-2017, 09:44 AM
Cornelius Freeman?

Connie Warren was a freak. 6'6 at best, but he longest arms EVER in a Xavier Jersey. Great guy, even today.

Connie Warren from Courter Tech formerly Central

Emp
01-11-2017, 04:14 PM
Quick was from Detroit. Tyrice Walker was Hamilton High & Doellman was Ryle if we extend the category; Tu came from Harmony. Dave Plunkett was Princeton.

P.S. Emp you are in top 1% just for knowing Connie Warren (for you youngsters think DBrown with better post up game.).

With all due respect, I'll give you 100:1 Quick was not from Detroit. I wouldn't give those odds on Hughes, but I believe that he was CPS.

joe titan
01-11-2017, 06:14 PM
With all due respect, I'll give you 100:1 Quick was not from Detroit. I wouldn't give those odds on Hughes, but I believe that he was CPS.

I stand corrected Bob Quick did play @ Hughes. Can I escape a few lashes b/c he also played for the Pistons ?

XUBBall644
01-12-2017, 08:41 AM
I think it was Sam Lacey, not Lacy. Also Jerry Butler from (I think) Colerain and Adrian Graves from Hughes.

stammina0721
03-13-2017, 03:41 AM
Cornelius Freeman?

Longer arms than Obi Harris?