PDA

View Full Version : IU Rumor (good laugh)

Muskie
03-17-2008, 03:09 PM
"have heard that the committee has admitted that they screwed up. They have stated that IU was supposed to be the 6 and Oklahoma the 8. Has anybody else heard this?

Supposedly the committee went to OU and asked them to switch....but OU said they had already made travel arrangements. If this is truly the case....IU should either sue the NCAA OR.....just say this will work for their sanctions and they should forget any more sanctions. I haven't been able to find this anywhere on the news or on the web.....but I have heard that it is true from top sources.

It does however make sense. IU should be higher than OU.... But seriously, if this is true, IU should have no problems at the negotiation tables regarding sanctioning this summer."

Uhuh... sure.

Billy
03-17-2008, 03:12 PM
"have heard that the committee has admitted that they screwed up. They have stated that IU was supposed to be the 6 and Oklahoma the 8. Has anybody else heard this?

Supposedly the committee went to OU and asked them to switch....but OU said they had already made travel arrangements. If this is truly the case....IU should either sue the NCAA OR.....just say this will work for their sanctions and they should forget any more sanctions. I haven't been able to find this anywhere on the news or on the web.....but I have heard that it is true from top sources.

It does however make sense. IU should be higher than OU.... But seriously, if this is true, IU should have no problems at the negotiation tables regarding sanctioning this summer."

Uhuh... sure.

I think this is fairly representitive of the average IU intellect.

Kahns Krazy
03-17-2008, 03:14 PM
I was actually thinking how funny it would be if the brackets were announced and somehow some top team, like Tennessee, somehow got missed. My thinking was that somehow they would be debating the two seeds assuming Tennessee was a one, then replace them on the one line without putting them on the two or something. Just announce all the brackets and Tennessee is sitting there like "what the fudge!?".

Of course, it's impossible, but I got myself giggling about it anyway.

I can't think of a reasonable scenario where a 6 seed and an 8 seed would be switched. That's just silly.

xeus
03-17-2008, 03:54 PM
I can't think of a reasonable scenario where a 6 seed and an 8 seed would be switched. That's just silly.

That's a funny premise for a March Madness commercial actually. An Oklahoma grad, working as a janitor at NCAA headquarters, sneaks into the committee room late at night, switches the 6 and 8 seed on a big bracket on a whiteboard, it goes unnoticed and Oklahoma is awarded a higher seed.

moepvc04
03-17-2008, 04:44 PM
Or even funnier if they had Kelvim Samspon sneak in to switch the seedings of his two previous employers after royally screwing over both of those programs.

Muskie
03-17-2008, 05:56 PM
I think this is fairly representitive of the average IU intellect.

Except for one of the admins who happens to have a graduate degree from there right?:D