PDA

View Full Version : How was The Rusty Bucket?

Tardy Turtle
03-17-2008, 08:01 AM
You know, in case I get thirsty or something.

Snipe
03-17-2008, 08:07 AM
More of a restaurant than a sports bar. Had we won I am sure I would have had a more favorable opinion of it.

xu drew
03-17-2008, 08:29 AM
i can't go back there after friday night's debacle. bad karma.

besides the terrible game, i thought the bucket was average overall and i'm not in any big hurry to go back. it's not the biggest place and is more of a restaurant than a sports bar. the food was good, but overpriced.

gladdenguy
03-17-2008, 08:32 AM
Because we talked about meeting there we lost. I went in, not any seats around the bar, so I asked for a table. The hostess sat me and I said, no way, these are terrible views to see the 10-inch flatscreens on the wall. Then walked to BW-3. Watched there and will never go back.
I would not recommend the bucket for watching a game. I can't say anything about the food, so during baseball or football season I might try the food with my wife.

Fred Garvin
03-17-2008, 05:28 PM
Thumbs down. I prefer Mulligans.

Fred Garvin
03-17-2008, 05:33 PM
On the bright side the evening was educational. Our friend John informed us of the phenomenan of "cougars." A cougar is a 40ish divorcee with money to spare. She is sexually predatory. I believe he got this information from Sirius radio's Playboy channel.

There is a whole world out there of which I'm unaware.

Cheesehead
03-17-2008, 06:39 PM
Yeah, I've actually heard of that term. I confess I saw it on "The Housewives of Orange County" on Bravo (I'll now turn in my Man card). My defense is that my wife made me watch it. They had a chick on there who referred to herself as a "Cougar".

xeus
03-17-2008, 07:00 PM
On the bright side the evening was educational. Our friend John informed us of the phenomenan of "cougars." A cougar is a 40ish divorcee with money to spare. She is sexually predatory. I believe he got this information from Sirius radio's Playboy channel.

There is a whole world out there of which I'm unaware.

Fred, you are cougar bait and you didn't even know it.

BlueGuy
03-17-2008, 08:04 PM
I think it's a great addition to Hyde Park/Norwood. The food is above average for pub fare, and the prices are pretty good. We had a bar top directly in front of a TV, so we had no problems watching the game. I liked the atmosphere too. I thought the service was great.

Fred Garvin
03-18-2008, 01:37 AM
Fred, you are cougar bait and you didn't even know it.

I don't know, I've really let myself go. Now that I'm up to 235 Lbs. I doubt they'd hire me to be their pool boy.

Kahns Krazy
03-18-2008, 11:39 AM
I think it's a great addition to Hyde Park/Norwood. The food is above average for pub fare, and the prices are pretty good. We had a bar top directly in front of a TV, so we had no problems watching the game. I liked the atmosphere too. I thought the service was great.

I share this opinion. I will go back, but probably not to watch a locally popular game. It's not really set up to be a sports bar. I didn't think the food prices were all that high, especially for the area. I was also mildly overserved and thought our waitress was hot.

94GRAD
03-18-2008, 01:40 PM
I share this opinion. I will go back, but probably not to watch a locally popular game. It's not really set up to be a sports bar. I didn't think the food prices were all that high, especially for the area. I was also mildly overserved and thought our waitress was hot.

Was your waitress's name kieana. She was ours and extremely attractive.

BlueGuy
03-18-2008, 03:03 PM

Kieana, was our server as well. She passed they "would you...." test in my book.

Kahns Krazy
03-18-2008, 03:08 PM

I don't think so. Given that I don't recall seeing you there, I would guess we were in different sections. I was on the Edwards road side, near the server station. Our waitress had dark wavy hair. She also made the mistake of telling Fred Garvin where she lives. She had no clue how much free time he has.

Fred Garvin
03-18-2008, 05:01 PM
I don't think so. Given that I don't recall seeing you there, I would guess we were in different sections. I was on the Edwards road side, near the server station. Our waitress had dark wavy hair. She also made the mistake of telling Fred Garvin where she lives. She had no clue how much free time he has.

She did? I'm gonna have to start wiring myself so I can eavesdrop on my life.