PDA

View Full Version : Big East Tourney Tickets On Sale

Muskie
10-04-2016, 01:04 PM
Link (http://goxavier.com/news/2016/10/3/athletic-department-2017-big-east-mens-basketball-tournament-tickets-are-now-available.aspx)

The 2017 BIG EAST Men's Basketball Tournament will be held from March 8-11 in New York City. This marks the 35th year that the event will be held at Madison Square Garden. The tournament is a four-day, single-elimination event, featuring all 10 conference teams.

Xavier and each BIG EAST member institution is limited to 500 all-session tickets for the 2017 BIG EAST Men's Basketball Championship, so act now to reserve your seat! All-session tickets bought from Xavier are discounted off the single-session prices. The all-session ticket package includes all nine games, and is available at several pricing levels.

All-session tickets begin at only $125 for all nine games. Seats are filled based on your Musketeer Points total upon fulfillment. You can purchase your tickets online (https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/xavier/EN/buy/details/BEGA), by submitting the order form or calling the Xavier Athletics Ticket Office at 513-745-3411 x.7.

WCWIII
10-04-2016, 09:24 PM
I've gone every year and it's it so great to be in NYC and see Xavier play in MSG. It's an experience not to be missed. I'd never want to discourage anyone from choosing to travel to the first round NCAA games, but if you've never tried the Big East Tourney, suggest you try to make it happen. Go X!

Emp
10-04-2016, 09:52 PM
Ditto what WC says. Great time in the city.

In related news:

Your donation to the Snipe's Kids Big East Tourney Ticket Fund is fully deductible! We do it for the children.

GoMuskies
10-04-2016, 10:04 PM
Went last year and it was fantastic. Particularly pushing my way into the packed Friday night semifinals. The Garden was electric.

XMuskieFTW
10-04-2016, 10:06 PM
Went in 2015 and it was a great time. A must go to at least once for any Xavier fan. Was planning on making the trip this coming season but my friend decided to get married that weekend. Guess I'll be streaming the game at a wedding reception. Never been to the NCAA tournament, so definitely going to make that happen this year. Especially since we'll likely be playing in Indy or Milwaukee.

xu82
10-04-2016, 10:09 PM
Went in 2015 and it was a great time. A must go to at least once for any Xavier fan. Was planning on making the trip this coming season but my friend decided to get married that weekend. Guess I'll be streaming the game at a wedding reception. Never been to the NCAA tournament, so definitely going to make that happen this year. Especially since we'll likely be playing in Indy or Milwaukee.

You need to look into better friends! :sad:

xu82
10-04-2016, 10:11 PM
But I really need to look into this. One son will be spending a lot of time working in NYC/NJ this year with new job. Hmmmm

Muskie
10-05-2016, 06:47 AM

I had not been to a Tourney game in fifteen years. I went to St. Louis and had a blast (despite the outcome and torture of getting home at 3 am to work the next day). I highly recommend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BMoreX
10-05-2016, 09:23 AM
Last year was my first time at the Big East Tournament and the first time at MSG.

I highly recommend it to everyone. Will likely make it an annual thing for me.

XUOWNSUC
10-06-2016, 03:26 PM
I think my family is going to go for the first time this year. Any hotel suggestions? Where does the team stay? Thanks for the help!

X-band '01
10-06-2016, 03:58 PM
Whatever you do, don't go on Megabus with Snipe.

muskiefan82
10-06-2016, 04:14 PM
I think my family is going to go for the first time this year. Any hotel suggestions? Where does the team stay? Thanks for the help!

When I went in 2015, I stayed at the Westin Times Square. The teams were there as well. It was a decent location with easy access to the subway for sightseeing

GoMuskies
10-06-2016, 04:15 PM

Team stays at the Westin 43rd and 8th. That's an easy walk to MSG.

bobbiemcgee
10-06-2016, 05:10 PM
Whatever you do, don't go on Megabus with Snipe.

and no snuggies, please.

Muskie
10-07-2016, 07:17 AM
Team stays at the Westin 43rd and 8th. That's an easy walk to MSG.

That conflicts with my Marriott lifestyle.

paulxu
10-15-2016, 05:20 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkifO420xqI

XUOWNSUC
10-31-2016, 11:26 AM
I'm starting to look at flights to go to the Big East Tourney. Anybody have a good idea as to what a good price is for a airline ticket from CVG to New York? I'm trying to figure out when (and for what price) I should bite. Thanks for the help!

xupuck10
10-31-2016, 03:43 PM
That conflicts with my Marriott lifestyle.

But now with the merger of Starwood and Marriott it's a lot closer.

XMuskieFTW
10-31-2016, 04:25 PM
I'm starting to look at flights to go to the Big East Tourney. Anybody have a good idea as to what a good price is for a airline ticket from CVG to New York? I'm trying to figure out when (and for what price) I should bite. Thanks for the help!

It's best to buy domestic flights around 7 weeks out. Sales usually show up on Tuesdays and into Wednesday also. I try my best to wait until 7 weeks out to buy flights but usually get impatient and book before that. I would probably wait until the end of the year/new year to book to get the best price though.

nuts4xu
10-31-2016, 04:59 PM

Right now, Delta has direct flights into Newark, but departing from LeGuardia in the main cabin starting at $356 (first class for $526). I don't know how much cheaper these fares will go, but these seem like great prices. Just a little more expensive with much less hassle than the Megabus.

XUMIOH12
10-31-2016, 08:09 PM
i got mine last year for 300 something. I think if you get close to 300, its a decent deal. Like someone else said though, i'd wait until early 2017 to book.

XMuskieFTW
10-31-2016, 09:20 PM
Allegiant Air has round trip for $228 right now leaving that Wednesday morning and returning that Monday afternoon. $40 for a checked bag each way or $30 for a carry on each way.

muethibp
11-01-2016, 03:25 PM
We went last year. Great time and I plan to go again. Only this year, not driving. Wow, that's a long drive.

IM4X
11-02-2016, 11:20 AM
Lived in NYC for 13 years. Now I live just outside of the city. Been going to the BE tournament for 20 years now. Xavier is my team (and my alma mater), but I grew up rooting for Pitt (now my 2nd favorite team). I can tell you the Big East tournament @ MSG lives up too the hype of being one of the truly great events in all of college basketball. It was amazing to watch so many good teams prior to the shake up and surprisingly the tournament continues to be amazing with less teams (though it helped that 3 winning programs joined).

It just feels special being at MSG for the BE tournament. This is the year X will win it and I look forward to being there to see it happen.

American X
12-23-2016, 07:17 AM
Official Team and Fan Hotels Announced for 2017 BIG EAST Tournament (http://goxavier.com/news/2016/12/20/mens-basketball-official-team-and-fan-hotels-announced-for-2017-big-east-tournament.aspx)

CINCINNATI -- Xavier Athletics announced today the preferred hotel options for fans traveling to New York City for the 2017 BIG EAST Men's Basketball Championship. The Tournament will again be played in The World's Most Famous Arena, Madison Square Garden, from Wednesday, March 8 through Saturday, March 11.

Fans can get to NYC with Provident Travel, the official fan travel partner of Xavier Athletics. Visit GoXavier.com/fantravel for more information about postseason travel packages or to book your hotel or personalized travel package with Provident Travel.

The Official Team Hotel will again be the Westin at Times Square. The property is one block from Times Square and just minutes from popular NYC landmarks and attractions. Rates begin at $309 per room on Wednesday, March 8 and $239 per room per night from Thursday, March 9 through March 11. The group rate is available through February 6th and subject to availability.

Another popular option for Xavier fans is the Hilton Garden Inn – Chelsea and rates are as low as $169 per room per night. Hilton Garden Inn New York/Manhattan-Chelsea is a modern hotel conveniently situated on West 28th Street, just south of Times Square and just minutes from Madison Square Garden.

BIG EAST Tournament all-session ticket packages are on sale now and include all nine games. Xavier has only 500 all-session tickets to sell, so act now to reserve your seat!

All-session tickets are available at several pricing levels and begin at only $125 for all nine games. The priority deadline to purchase all-session tickets is Sunday, January 22. Here are the top reasons for purchasing your all-session tickets through Xavier Athletics:

Location & Price – Guarantee the best seat locations at the best price. All-session tickets bought from Xavier will be discounted off the single-session prices.
Earn Musketeer Points – Receive 1 Point per ticket purchased through Xavier.

Invite to VIP Reception – You will receive an exclusive invitation to attend the complimentary Xavier VIP Reception at Guy Fieri's restaurant, Guy's American Kitchen & Bar, on Wednesday, March 8.

Be Part of the Xavier Community – Improve your opportunity to sit among other Xavier fans.

Seats are filled based on your Musketeer Points total upon fulfillment. You can purchase your tickets online, by submitting the order form or calling the Xavier Athletics Ticket Office at 513-745-3411 x.7.

Please visit GoXavier.com/BIGEAST for more event information as it becomes available.

muskiefan82
12-23-2016, 08:32 AM
I went in 2015 when X played Villanova in the Championship game. The game sucked, but the experience was awesome. Highly recommend doing this at least once to every fan.

Masterofreality
12-23-2016, 05:20 PM
Full session tix bought in lower level, hotel booked, flights done.

NY City Wednesday - Sunday afternoon. Make MSG Cintas East!

The Coz
12-27-2016, 06:13 PM
I am driving. The Fred Garvin Relapse Tour doesn't go by air. Airlines and Megabus are for you collectivists. Gonna rent out the top floor a la Howard Hughes( Hughes- much like Snipe- was said to have been driven insane by untreated syphilis)
Superbad on the DVD player and a plethora of psychedelics for wondering around Times Square and Central Park. We will be armed and dangerous so we can silence the Seton Hall inbreds who think Shake Shack is haute cuisine.

PM Thor
12-27-2016, 06:32 PM
When I went in 2015, I stayed at the Westin Times Square. The teams were there as well. It was a decent location with easy access to the subway for sightseeing

Yes. The wife has been to every Big East Tourney since X has joined, I went last year. Two years ago she texted from the Westin Times Square that she was in an elevator with a team who had a big G on their warmups. I explained that was Georgetown. It was quite the moment.

We will be there this year again, in the Westin Times Square. Look for the dumpy guy in Xavier blue. That'll be me.

XfansinKy
12-28-2016, 05:07 AM
Sorry for being off topic, but if anyone can tell me the most economically convenient way to grab 2 tickets for the Villanova game at Cincy I would appreciate it.

Muskie
12-28-2016, 08:19 AM
Booked as well. Hopefully there are enough tickets to go around.

XUOWNSUC
02-15-2017, 11:18 AM
I just got my tickets in the mail from Xavier today! We are in section 201. Looking forward to the Big East Tournament in NYC!

I just hope that Xavier can field a competitive team by then...