PDA

View Full Version : MSOC: Men victorious in Home Opener v. Evansville

Muskie
08-28-2016, 01:23 PM
Link (http://goxavier.com/news/2016/8/27/exposure-mens-soccer-takes-2016-opener-against-evansville.aspx)

Rain and lightning couldn't keep the Men from picking up a W in the Home Opener.

Box Score (http://goxavier.com/boxscore.aspx?path=msoc&id=6435)

X-band '01
10-17-2016, 04:20 PM
After about 7 weeks on the road, Xavier will finally return to their true home at the XU Soccer Complex tomorrow night with a match against SIU-Edwardsville. Their remaining 2 home matches include a pair of Top 10 teams in Creighton and Butler.

For those who forgot, Xavier had to scramble and play "home" matches at UC, Northern Kentucky and even Walnut Hills HS because of flash flooding that damaged the field back in September.

xudash
10-17-2016, 04:33 PM
After about 7 weeks on the road, Xavier will finally return to their true home at the XU Soccer Complex tomorrow night with a match against SIU-Edwardsville. Their remaining 2 home matches include a pair of Top 10 teams in Creighton and Butler.

For those who forgot, Xavier had to scramble and play "home" matches at UC, Northern Kentucky and even Walnut Hills HS because of flash flooding that damaged the field back in September.

So, I take it that they rebuilt the field for the soccer complex?

Anyone have any pics?

XUMIOH12
10-17-2016, 09:16 PM
So, I take it that they rebuilt the field for the soccer complex?

Anyone have any pics?

it looks the exact same, just replaced the field turf

Muskie
10-17-2016, 09:29 PM
it looks the exact same, just replaced the field turf
Which I believe is covered by insurance. However, I believe this scenario has exacerbated the need for a new venue for the team. You can't have a championship caliber team playing under such circumstances. That's my two cents at least.

ammtd34
10-18-2016, 07:49 AM

That's what we did in 2003 when the field turf was well behind schedule being installed. We had home games in Blue Ash, Anderson High School, and UC (beat #13 UMass).

bleedXblue
10-18-2016, 07:56 AM
Which I believe is covered by insurance. However, I believe this scenario has exacerbated the need for a new venue for the team. You can't have a championship caliber team playing under such circumstances. That's my two cents at least.

I think the venue is fine. Right on campus.....

They got 5 inches of rain in a very short period of time.

ammtd34
10-18-2016, 08:02 AM
I think the venue is fine. Right on campus.....

They got 5 inches of rain in a very short period of time.

The location is fine. I think he means the facility itself. It's not good.

X-band '01
10-18-2016, 08:08 AM
I'm not sure where (or even IF) renovating/building Olympic sport venues ranks on Xavier's priority list right now. At the very least, I'd think significant improvements won't take place until Cintas renovations are complete.

Now that I think about it, I wonder how Hayden Field came out after the flooding. It's a good thing that this happened during their offseason.

Muskie
10-18-2016, 01:09 PM
The location is fine. I think he means the facility itself. It's not good.

Correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bobbiemcgee
10-27-2016, 09:37 PM
Soccer update:

http://www.bigeast.com/news/2016/10/27/MSOC_1027164725.aspx