PDA

View Full Version : St. Patty's Day

xuirish
03-17-2008, 01:19 AM
Hey just wanted to wish all a Happy St. Patty's day. If your going out be safe, and be sure to make the necessary travel arrangements, I'd rather read about your morning/afternoon/evening shenanigans on here than read about misfortunes in the Enquirer. For all going out, swing by Dana's and toast 94grad, XU AZ and myself as we three will be holding down the fort.

Slainte!

xubrew
03-17-2008, 09:40 AM
saint patty's day is cancelled for me this year.

i certainly have no right to call myself a staunch catholic, but for the first time ever i decided to practice lent. i'm not eating meet on friday's, and i gave something up...drinking. i still have no idea what made me decide to do it. i've never really given any thought at all to lent before, but i've stuck through it so far despite tons of stress at work, championship week, xavier games, saint patty's day weekend. if i can make it through the first two rounds of the ncaa tournament i'm home free. i'm having a guiness at midnight on saturday, among what i'm sure will be several other beverages. it should be a great easter. i hope i remember some of it.

i'm also curious to see what my tolerance level will be. i'm sure it will be significantly lower.

Titanxman04
03-17-2008, 10:10 AM
saint patty's day is cancelled for me this year.

i certainly have no right to call myself a staunch catholic, but for the first time ever i decided to practice lent. i'm not eating meet on friday's, and i gave something up...drinking. i still have no idea what made me decide to do it. i've never really given any thought at all to lent before, but i've stuck through it so far despite tons of stress at work, championship week, xavier games, saint patty's day weekend. if i can make it through the first two rounds of the ncaa tournament i'm home free. i'm having a guiness at midnight on saturday, among what i'm sure will be several other beverages. it should be a great easter. i hope i remember some of it.

i'm also curious to see what my tolerance level will be. i'm sure it will be significantly lower.

Hey, way to go. I love beer quite a bit, but even I am one to give a nod to someone who's willing to go sober for whatever reason they chose. As a Xavier fan, this is certainly not the easiest time to not celebrate with a brew. So congrats, friend. Keep it up.

I also want to second what was previously said. Please be safe everyone. Find someone to give you a ride. If I was down in Cincinnati, I'd probably run a taxi service from Dana's if need be. But looks like I'll be doing that for my friends back home in Toledo. Be safe folks.

xu95
03-17-2008, 11:40 AM
I gave up going to Mass for Lent this year. So far it has worked out pretty good.

xu95

DC Muskie
03-17-2008, 11:48 AM
Happy SPD. Be safe, it's the biggest amateur night of the year.

American X
03-17-2008, 12:19 PM
It is a little strange already having a hangover on St. Patrick's day.

XUglow
03-17-2008, 12:32 PM
I hope I am not over-served tonight!

Billy
03-17-2008, 12:55 PM
It is a little strange already having a hangover on St. Patrick's day.

Not if your Snipe...it's pretty much the norm.

mlcspinner
03-17-2008, 01:27 PM
HAPPY ST. PATRICKS DAY

American X
03-17-2008, 02:05 PM
My co-worker and I just headed to the grocery store to pick up some items for the office St. Patrick's Day potluck.

I thoroughly enjoyed the tall boy I killed on the way back.

God bless drinking in the morning on a Monday while on the clock.

Cheesehead
03-17-2008, 05:05 PM
American X: Where did you score that picture of those chicks w/ the body paint? I want to send that to someone.

ATL Muskie
03-17-2008, 05:45 PM
http://www.drinkoftheweek.com/blogs/uploaded_images/StPat2006-796432.jpg

XUglow
03-17-2008, 05:46 PM
Cheese... It's the Dahm Triplets... quite famous...

http://content.imagesocket.com/images/1Dahm_Triplets_With_American_Flag_Body_Paintae6.jp g

American X
03-17-2008, 05:48 PM
American X: Where did you score that picture of those chicks w/ the body paint? I want to send that to someone.

God Bless America and Ireland:

http://isaacschrodinger.typepad.com/isaacschrodinger/images/dahm_triplets_with_american_flag_body_pa.jpg

PM Thor
03-17-2008, 06:15 PM
Someone drink a Guiness for me...

94GRAD
03-17-2008, 06:20 PM
Someone drink a Guiness for me...

I would, but I'm working.

Cheesehead
03-17-2008, 06:25 PM
American X: You sir, are a great American. Thanks much!

Cheesehead
03-17-2008, 06:28 PM
Can I just say, what they do w/ body paint these days is amazing.

nuts4xu
03-17-2008, 07:02 PM
I took your advice Thor, and raised a pint to you. Then I proceeded to raise 5 more to me.

Sorry Thor, I could only muster one pint for you, but 1 out of 6 ain't bad, huh?

HAPPY ST PAT'S DAY TO ALL !!

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e196/chrissie2006/Chrissie7-StPatricksDay.jpg

PM Thor
03-17-2008, 07:07 PM
Better than I could do today, racked out with the flu. I feel like I am missing Christmas.