PDA

View Full Version : Dallas BLM Racial Hate Crime Massacre, The New Normal

Snipe
07-09-2016, 01:47 AM
Dallas BLM Racial Hate Crime Massacre, The New Normal

Here we are faced with another leftist hate crime, where 11 police are shot and 5 are killed at the finale of a Black Lives Matter March. The shooter wanted to kill White People. I happen to like White People.

How are we supposed to talk about this?

Are we supposed to act like one political party hasn't been pushing this agenda all along? Is that the correct way to act without upsetting your betters?

Sanford Florida, The Burning of Ferguson, and The Devastation of Baltimore. What a legacy that is.

And the choice is:

FOUR MORE YEARS!

Like the rest of you, I am sure we are all chomping at the bit for FOUR MORE YEARS of this.

I am just glad Cincinnati hasn't been hit yet. After Ferguson and Baltimore, I didn't know what would happen next. After Dallas, I am not sure that anything would surprise me.

What a legacy that is.

FOUR MORE YEARS!

Good luck with that.

paulxu
07-09-2016, 06:43 AM

Here we are faced with another leftist hate crime, where 11 police are shot and 5 are killed at the finale of a Black Lives Matter March. The shooter wanted to kill White People. I happen to like White People.

Snipe, you pose a good question. Let me take a stab at how we might talk about it.

"Here we are faced with another rightest hate crime, where 10 people out of many in a room were shot, and 9 were killed during a prayer service at a church. The shooter wanted to kill Black people. I happen to like Black people."

"Are we supposed to act like one political party hasn't been pushing this agenda all along? Is that the correct way to act without upsetting your betters?"

Hope that helps a little. Actually I don't believe one party (either one) has been pushing an agenda that calls for people to be killed. But certainly individuals on both sides code their talk in a manner that doesn't help. Or, in some cases, don't even bother to code it.

X-man
07-09-2016, 08:09 AM

Are we supposed to act like one political party hasn't been pushing this agenda all along? Is that the correct way to act without upsetting your betters?

Sanford Florida, The Burning of Ferguson, and The Devastation of Baltimore. What a legacy that is.

And the choice is:

FOUR MORE YEARS!

Like the rest of you, I am sure we are all chomping at the bit for FOUR MORE YEARS of this.

I am just glad Cincinnati hasn't been hit yet. After Ferguson and Baltimore, I didn't know what would happen next. After Dallas, I am not sure that anything would surprise me.

What a legacy that is.

FOUR MORE YEARS!

Good luck with that.
I'm sure that race relations and the chance for violence will be waaaay better under Trump.

Xville
07-09-2016, 10:16 AM
I'm sure that race relations and the chance for violence will be waaaay better under Trump.

Maybe, maybe not. What is apparent is that race relations have gotten worse since Obama has been President and he has done absolutely zero about it. He talks a big game.

X-man
07-09-2016, 10:56 AM
Maybe, maybe not. What is apparent is that race relations have gotten worse since Obama has been President and he has done absolutely zero about it. He talks a big game.

Please explain that statement. What has he not done?

Xville
07-09-2016, 11:04 AM

Please explain to me what he has done? That's a much better question.

What he has not done is help to quell racial tensions, what he has not done is stopped the bs black lIves matter movement or told them to shut the eff up. What he has not done is back the police officers such as in Ferguson, instead he condemned the acts of the police officers before even finding out the real facts.

GoMuskies
07-09-2016, 11:15 AM
I don't envy the position Obama is in, because while I agree with the criticisms you're leveling on one hand, on the other hand you have people like Cornel West calling him the first niggerized president. So he can't really win.

NY44
07-09-2016, 11:16 AM
The country is in grave need of leadership.

Why President Obama can’t bring us together - The Washington Post (https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2016/07/08/why-president-obama-cant-bring-us-together/?tid=pm_opinions_pop_b)

X-band '01
07-09-2016, 11:41 AM

What he has not done is help to quell racial tensions, what he has not done is stopped the bs black lIves matter movement or told them to shut the eff up. What he has not done is back the police officers such as in Ferguson, instead he condemned the acts of the police officers before even finding out the real facts.

I'll remember this next year when we get the inevitable complaints from the same posters as to why sexism isn't on the decline when Hillary is the next president.

X-man
07-09-2016, 12:27 PM

This is perhaps the most ignorant post I have ever seen. Take off those red tinged glasses of yours, and you might discover there's a whole lot going on around you that you are completely unaware of. Read the Washington Post article linked above, and you might learn something (about yourself). But then, you probably won't because you know already that everything in the Post must be a pack of lies.

Xville
07-09-2016, 01:15 PM
This is perhaps the most ignorant post I have ever seen. Take off those red tinged glasses of yours, and you might discover there's a whole lot going on around you that you are completely unaware of. Read the Washington Post article linked above, and you might learn something (about yourself). But then, you probably won't because you know already that everything in the Post must be a pack of lies.

That's typical....leftist telling me how ignorant I am.. good for you

Juice
07-09-2016, 01:32 PM

I never voted for Obama and I never would if he ever ran for anything ever again, but he addresses race relations and racism more than any president has ever before. He may not say things that you like to hear but he speaks frankly and often.

X-man
07-09-2016, 02:05 PM

I'd love to know how you are supposed to legally "stop the Black Lives matter movement", or how telling them to "shut the eff up" will "help quell racial relations". You are spewing nonsense, and that is the basis for my comment...along with the fact that you ignore the fact that Obama has to walk a careful line between blacks who are angry with him because he isn't doing enough FOR THEM, and whites who are angry with him because he is black. Read the Post article and you might understand what I am talking about and why your post is so "ignorant".

Strange Brew
07-09-2016, 02:52 PM
whites who are angry with him because he is black.

So the only reason a white person could be angry with the President is because of the color of his skin and not b/c they disagree with his policies?

bleedXblue
07-09-2016, 02:53 PM
I'd love to know how you are supposed to legally "stop the Black Lives matter movement", or how telling them to "shut the eff up" will "help quell racial relations". You are spewing nonsense, and that is the basis for my comment...along with the fact that you ignore the fact that Obama has to walk a careful line between blacks who are angry with him because he isn't doing enough FOR THEM, and whites who are angry with him because he is black. Read the Post article and you might understand what I am talking about and why your post is so "ignorant".

Agreed.

Its called freedom of speech and the right to express an opinion....right, wrong or indifferent, this is America.

OH.X.MI
07-09-2016, 02:56 PM
Race relations have not changed, for better or worse. Now people just have cellphones to capture every possible incident that occurs. If anything, we are just more aware.

XUFan09
07-09-2016, 02:59 PM
Race relations have not changed, for better or worse. Now people just have cellphones to capture every possible incident that occurs. If anything, we are just more aware.
That last sentence captures it well. Race relations were bad before, but now the problems have become more explicit, so everyone now sees what was under the surface before.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

xu82
07-09-2016, 03:06 PM

I'm not sure that the additional video available doesn't further inflame many situations. But yes, we are more aware. As is the nightly news, and the cycle continues. No doubt there's a lot that needs fixing.

If there was no Rodney King video, what would the response have been? It needs to be exposed to be corrected, but it's a process, not a quick solve.

X-man
07-09-2016, 03:37 PM
So the only reason a white person could be angry with the President is because of the color of his skin and not b/c they disagree with his policies?
I didn't say that. Don't put words in my mouth (like you do so often in your responses to my posts, I might add). Take a deep breath and read my post again.

bjf123
07-09-2016, 03:40 PM

Yes, for many people, I believe that is correct. We'll have the same thing should Hillary get elected. Many of her hardest supporters will accuse anyone who disagrees with her of being a misogynist, because it's not possible to disagree with her policies.

bobbiemcgee
07-09-2016, 04:28 PM
Homicides were down in chicago the last couple of days. Guess everyone home watching TV:

http://heyjackass.com/

Strange Brew
07-09-2016, 04:35 PM
I didn't say that. Don't put words in my mouth (like you do so often in your responses to my posts, I might add). Take a deep breath and read my post again.

Reread it. What % of white people do you think are angry with him b/c he's black? 50%? 30%? 90%?

I read the Post article per you suggestion and found it to be a bit one sided. Do you feel the President and the Left in general bear any responsibility for the state of division and racial tension in this country?

NY44
07-09-2016, 04:45 PM
Reread it. What % of white people do you think are angry with him b/c he's black? 50%? 30%? 90%?

Classic Strange Brew, taking one sentence out of a post and pretending it is the crux of an argument.

I read the Post article per you suggestion and found it to be a bit one sided. Do you feel the President and the Left in general bear any responsibility for the state of division and racial tension in this country?

Race relations are not a political issue and Obama has done a fair job at not bringing politics into it. If you take a look at news pieces you can easily find people on both sides criticizing his response as favoring the other side of the aisle.

Cornel West: Obama’s response to shootings was ‘weak’ - Washington Post (https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/07/08/cornel-west-obamas-response-to-shootings-was-weak/)

GOP rips Obama after Dallas shooting - Politico (http://www.politico.com/story/2016/07/ben-carson-dallas-shooting-obama-225278)

Both of these stories are found from a Google search of, "President Obama weak response". If anything, in the current state of polarization, an equally negative response from both sides is as good as it gets.

Xville
07-09-2016, 05:05 PM

I really don't give a crap what the post or any other media outlet's opinions are because that is what they are...opinions. the media also is a huge reason for heightened racial tension in this country, glamorizing protests, police shootings etc.

bobbiemcgee
07-09-2016, 05:31 PM
Common Sense would dictate that if your neighbor is carefully planning an assault to light up the landscape with a semi-automatic weapon, bombs, etc., for whatever reason, nobody is going to stop them from hitting soft targets with their stupid ass rhetoric.

Strange Brew
07-09-2016, 05:40 PM
Classic Strange Brew, taking one sentence out of a post and pretending it is the crux of an argument.

Race relations are not a political issue and Obama has done a fair job at not bringing politics into it. If you take a look at news pieces you can easily find people on both sides criticizing his response as favoring the other side of the aisle.

Cornel West: Obama’s response to shootings was ‘weak’ - Washington Post (https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/07/08/cornel-west-obamas-response-to-shootings-was-weak/)

GOP rips Obama after Dallas shooting - Politico (http://www.politico.com/story/2016/07/ben-carson-dallas-shooting-obama-225278)

Both of these stories are found from a Google search of, "President Obama weak response". If anything, in the current state of polarization, an equally negative response from both sides is as good as it gets.

His statement is part of the problem we're having with race relations. It's difficult to have an "honest conversation" with someone who makes the assumption that those who disagree with the President are doing so b/c of the color of his skin. I'm looking for clarification from X-man before engaging him moving forward.

NY44
07-09-2016, 06:11 PM
His statement is part of the problem we're having with race relations. It's difficult to have an "honest conversation" with someone who makes the assumption that those who disagree with the President are doing so b/c of the color of his skin. I'm looking for clarification from X-man before engaging him moving forward.

If you want to disagree, then just disagree. Enough of the rhetorical questions.

Snipe
07-09-2016, 07:40 PM
Homicides were down in chicago the last couple of days. Guess everyone home watching TV:

http://heyjackass.com/

Wow what a website.

Chicago is off the hook. Animals in a human zoo.

Friday 7/8
4:00p 200 W 108th, Roseland, F/18
4:40p 1400 S Ridgeway, North Lawndale, M/28
5:20p 5100 S Racine, New City, M/23
9:00p 5200 W Van Buren, Austin, F/21
9:20p 1400 N Spaulding, Humboldt Park, M/48
9:35p 11200 S Indiana, Roseland, M/22 (Homicide)
9:40p 5500 W North, Austin, M/17
10:30p 2300 S Washtenaw, Little Village, M/41
10:50p 10700 S Langley, Pullman, M/33
10:50p 13100 S Corliss, Riverdale, M/30
11:40p 500 N Lavergne, Austin, M/59 (Homicide)
11:40p 500 N Lavergne, Austin, M/17
11:40p 500 N Lavergne, Austin, M/32
Saturday 7/9
1:00a 1400 N Massasoit, Austin, F/22
1:50a 6600 S Racine, Englewood, M/19
1:50a 6600 S Racine, Englewood, M/19
2:55a 1500 N Milwaukee, West Town, M/22
2:55a 1500 N Milwaukee, West Town, M/26
3:10a 5400 S Winchester, New City, M/24

In six hours and 10 minutes this weekend, 16 people were shot and 2 were killed. That is a person shot every 23 minutes.

For the year a person is shot in Chicago every 2 hours and 12 minutes. A person is killed every 13 hours and 11 minutes.

Impressive. Just read Richard Fernandez write about this the other day, will look that up.

Snipe
07-09-2016, 07:56 PM
Denial Dies in Dallas
BY RICHARD FERNANDEZ JULY 7, 2016 (https://pjmedia.com/richardfernandez/2016/07/07/denial-dies-in-dallas/)

link (https://pjmedia.com/richardfernandez/2016/07/07/denial-dies-in-dallas/)

The dry branches were piled high on the forest floor waiting for a spark. The City Journal wrote:

Violence in Chicago is reaching epidemic proportions. In the first five months of 2016, someone was shot every two and a half hours and someone murdered every 14 hours, for a total of nearly 1,400 nonfatal shooting victims and 240 fatalities. Over Memorial Day weekend, 69 people were shot, nearly one per hour, dwarfing the previous year’s tally of 53 shootings over the same period. The violence is spilling over from the city’s gang-infested South and West Sides into the downtown business district; Lake Shore Drive has seen drive-by shootings and robberies.

Off the hook. How would you like to be in the next class of cadets to be one of Chicago's finest? Who in the hell wants that thankless job?

Big fan of Richard Fernandez, like him because he makes me think.

His new column is this:

You Are a Problem to Be Policed (https://pjmedia.com/richardfernandez/2016/07/08/you-are-a-problem-to-be-policed/)

link (https://pjmedia.com/richardfernandez/2016/07/08/you-are-a-problem-to-be-policed/)

And again I am going to quote him quoting someone else:

Blyth points out that after one creates a class of dependents, the next and inevitable step is to control them.

For the past 25 years, particularly the center left has told the bottom 60% of the income distribution the following story: Globalization is good for you. It's awesome. It's really great. We're going to sign these trade agreements. Don't worry there will be compensation. You'll be fine. You'll all end up as computer programmers. It'll be fantastic, right?
And by the way we don't really care because we're all going to move to the middle because that's where the voters are and they're the people with money or the ones that we really care about. ... And you basically take the bottom 30% of the income distribution and you say we don't care what happens to you. You're now something to be policed. You're now something to have your behaviors changed. We're going to nudge you to better parts ...

It's a very paternalistic, it's a very patronizing relationship. This is no longer the warm embrace of social democracy, arm-in-arm in solidarity. They're there to be policed and excluded in their housing estates so that you feel safe in your neighborhoods, so that you can have your private schools; they have their public schools ...

As I like to say to my American hedge fund friends the Hamptons is not a defensible position ... Very hard to defend a low-lying beach. Eventually people will come for you.

Eventually people will come for you! That doesn't seem to end well.

Nigel Tufnel
07-09-2016, 08:03 PM
I hate politics...that is my position. Can I get a fiscally conservative, socially liberal President? That's all I want. I think that's what most of Americans want. I'll admit, I'm a dumb shit when it comes to this...but I want someone tough on terrorism and border control. But let me smoke my pot whenever I want. Our country is way too polarized. Drives me nuts. I'm not even sure I will vote this year. And if I don't...I won't bitch about whoever is in the White House. Both Hillary and Trump make me want to vomit in my mouth. If the South Park episode about shit sandwich and douche was so spot on 8 years ago...what are those guys going to do about this year? I find the whole thing embarrassing.

X-man
07-09-2016, 09:31 PM

I am starting to believe that you have significant reading comprehension issues. Nowhere in my post did I say that. Yet you seem unable to comprehend. Perhaps another reading comprehension course might help unless you are too far gone into political positions that you can't understand what you are reading.

Strange Brew
07-09-2016, 10:35 PM

I'd like you to clarify the bolded part of your statement. What % of the people who disagree with the POTUS do you feel do so because of the color of his skin. I'm not able to take you seriously until you clarify your statement.

X-man
07-10-2016, 06:52 AM
I'd like you to clarify the bolded part of your statement. What % of the people who disagree with the POTUS do you feel do so because of the color of his skin. I'm not able to take you seriously until you clarify your statement.

I have no idea what percent, but I know it is not zero. But the reason I have concerns about your reading comprehension is that nothing in my statement suggested that the percent was anything remotely close to 100% (the implication of your comment) just as I am not suggesting that 100% of blacks who are angry with him are angry because he is not doing enough for them. But here's the point; it's the irrational and self-serving angry ones on both sides that may be the most dangerous. And this why the line Obama needs to walk must be so carefully walked. Now do you get it?

X-man
07-10-2016, 06:54 AM
Do you feel the Republican Congress and the Right in general bear any responsibility for the state of division and racial tension in this country?

Fixed that question for you. I "fixed" it, BTW, to help you see what a ridiculous question you are asking.

Juice
07-10-2016, 07:26 AM
I hate politics...that is my position. Can I get a fiscally conservative, socially liberal President? That's all I want. I think that's what most of Americans want. I'll admit, I'm a dumb shit when it comes to this...but I want someone tough on terrorism and border control. But let me smoke my pot whenever I want. Our country is way too polarized. Drives me nuts. I'm not even sure I will vote this year. And if I don't...I won't bitch about whoever is in the White House. Both Hillary and Trump make me want to vomit in my mouth. If the South Park episode about shit sandwich and douche was so spot on 8 years ago...what are those guys going to do about this year? I find the whole thing embarrassing.

Your best candidate is probably a Gary Johnson. That's who I'm voting for.

NY44
07-10-2016, 07:35 AM

Same. Although I really wish the ticket was flipped.

Xville
07-10-2016, 08:15 AM
Fixed that question for you. I "fixed" it, BTW, to help you see what a ridiculous question you are asking.

Since you believe you are so informed, I invite you to do some research and look at what actually happened in the Michael brown case. If you think the right had something to do with that, you are sorely mistaken. Leftist media, leftist governor, Leftist president all contrived a bs story that caused the city of Ferguson to burn to the ground. The Michael brown story is not the only for these same kinds of events to occur. Sensationalist media make up a story before any facts get in the way, president does nothing to quell the tension, protests form, problems arise. Wash, rinse, repeat

OH.X.MI
07-10-2016, 08:34 AM
Since you believe you are so informed, I invite you to do some research and look at what actually happened in the Michael brown case. If you think the right had something to do with that, you are sorely mistaken. Leftist media, leftist governor, Leftist president all contrived a bs story that caused the city of Ferguson to burn to the ground. The Michael brown story is not the only for these same kinds of events to occur. Sensationalist media make up a story before any facts get in the way, president does nothing to quell the tension, protests form, problems arise. Wash, rinse, repeat

IMHO the problem is cowards like Kevin Durant. Leftist basketball players taking the easy way out only perpetuates all this social unrest. No one is teaching our kids constitutional values anymore.

NY44
07-10-2016, 08:48 AM
IMHO the problem is cowards like Kevin Durant. Leftist basketball players taking the easy way out only perpetuates all this social unrest. No one is teaching our kids constitutional values anymore.

What Kevin Durant tells us about tax rates - Washington Post (https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/07/04/what-kevin-durant-tells-us-about-tax-rates/)

You are right IMO. I had an interesting read about the lefty and his move to lefty heaven this morning.

X-man
07-10-2016, 10:08 AM

Good Lord. Who knew that protests that become violent are caused solely by one side of the debate? What an odd view of things.

Strange Brew
07-10-2016, 10:11 AM
I have no idea what percent, but I know it is not zero. But the reason I have concerns about your reading comprehension is that nothing in my statement suggested that the percent was anything remotely close to 100% (the implication of your comment) just as I am not suggesting that 100% of blacks who are angry with him are angry because he is not doing enough for them. But here's the point; it's the irrational and self-serving angry ones on both sides that may be the most dangerous. And this why the line Obama needs to walk must be so carefully walked. Now do you get it?

Thank you, my reading comp is fine. You would have an argument about it if your original statement had included the word "some" in front of white or black.

As to your question you "fixed" for me. Yes the Rs in Congress have acted silly at times in the blocking of the President's agenda. Can you at least admit the POTUS and the Left have bear some responsibility for the divisiveness and racial tensions we're experiencing now?

X-man
07-10-2016, 11:10 AM
Thank you, my reading comp is fine. You would have an argument about it if your original statement had included the word "some" in front of white or black.

As to your question you "fixed" for me. Yes the Rs in Congress have acted silly at times in the blocking of the President's agenda. Can you at least admit the POTUS and the Left have bear some responsibility for the divisiveness and racial tensions we're experiencing now?
WTF? Why on earth does omitting a modifier mean the omitted modifier is "all" rather than (say) "some" or even "a few"? Your "analysis" of the meaning of my sentence can only be charitably described as nonsensical.

And BTW if you also carefully examine my other posts in this thread, you would figure out that my beef with some of the posters is that they place all of the blame on the left. Taking issue with that position in no way implies that I believe that all of the blame is with the right. But as usual, you either fail to read my posts carefully or you choose to pick a fight solely on political grounds instead of logic or thought. And that is the problem we have in this country. We presume the worst about anyone who disagrees with us rather than actually listening to what is being said.

smileyy
07-10-2016, 11:21 AM

Sure. Lots more brown people will be murdered under color of law and lynched. That's improved race relations for a lot of people.

smileyy
07-10-2016, 11:26 AM
I am just glad Cincinnati hasn't been hit yet.

World might get better if you end up against the wall if that happens.

Strange Brew
07-10-2016, 11:33 AM
WTF? Why on earth does omitting a modifier mean the omitted modifier is "all" rather than (say) "some" or even "a few"? Your "analysis" of the meaning of my sentence can only be charitably described as nonsensical.

And BTW if you also carefully examine my other posts in this thread, you would figure out that my beef with some of the posters is that they place all of the blame on the left. Taking issue with that position in no way implies that I believe that all of the blame is with the right. But as usual, you either fail to read my posts carefully or you choose to pick a fight solely on political grounds instead of logic or thought. And that is the problem we have in this country. We presume the worst about anyone who disagrees with us rather than actually listening to what is being said.

I was asking you to simply clarify your general statement that white people are angry with the POTUS because of his skin color. As you've stated you have no idea what percentage of white people hold that position but you "know it is not zero". So it is YOU who seems to presume the worst about people (disagree with the POTUS b/c they don't like his skin color i.e. racist) who disagree with you rather than listening to what is being said.

XU 87
07-10-2016, 12:02 PM
whites who are angry with him because he is black.

And all this time I thought I didn't like him because of his left wing policies. Now I find out that deep down, it's because he's black. If he was a white president with the same policies, according to you I'd love the guy.

Sarcasm aside, why do you think it's ok for you to make such racist statements?

X-man
07-10-2016, 12:03 PM
I was asking you to simply clarify your general statement that white people are angry with the POTUS because of his skin color. As you've stated you have no idea what percentage of white people hold that position but you "know it is not zero". So it is YOU who seems to presume the worst about people (disagree with the POTUS b/c they don't like his skin color i.e. racist) who disagree with you rather than listening to what is being said.

Brew, you are one bizarre dude. I know some people (not many, thankfully) who don't like Obama because he is black. I suspect that you do as well. Surely you don't mean to imply in your post that there is no one who feels that way. Racism is still alive and well in this country, and I'm sure even you would agree with that statement. So just drop your argument. You misinterpreted what I said, as you often do, and consequently missed the entire point of my post...which was BTW that Obama has to walk a "fine line" because there are crazies on both sides and they are the dangerous ones.

As always...thanks for playing.

X-man
07-10-2016, 12:05 PM
And all this time I thought I didn't like him because of his left wing policies. Now I find out that deep down, it's because he's black. If he was a white president with the same policies, according to you, I'd love the guy.

Where in any of my statements did I imply that you are racist. My God, man, learn to read.

XU 87
07-10-2016, 12:08 PM
Where in any of my statements did I imply that you are racist. My God, man, learn to read.

I think we need to send you out for diversity training. You clearly are biased against white people.

NY44
07-10-2016, 12:30 PM

It's getting hard to tell if Brew and 87's interpretation of the bolded sentence are genuinely disillusioned or if they are just looking for an axe to grind.

X-man said the President has to walk a line between, "...blacks who are angry with him because he isn't doing enough" and, "...whites who are angry with him because he is black". Based strictly on the structure of the sentence, these are two subgroups of their respective race (black or white). He is not implying that all whites are angry with him because he is black, nor is he implying that all blacks are angry with him because he isn't doing enough (although it is quite telling which perceived stereotype you both took offense to). He is describing a black with certain views and a white with certain views.

Now, if X-man were to say "...blacks, who are angry with him because he isn't doing enough" and, "...whites, who are angry with him because he is black." Then he would be grossly stereotyping the views of all blacks and all whites.

X-band '01
07-10-2016, 12:38 PM
No, it's very easy to tell that those two have an axe to grind against X-man or any left-leaning poster.

It's getting to the point where they're as childish as LH.

Strange Brew
07-10-2016, 01:22 PM
Brew, you are one bizarre dude. I know some people (not many, thankfully) who don't like Obama because he is black. I suspect that you do as well. Surely you don't mean to imply in your post that there is no one who feels that way. Racism is still alive and well in this country, and I'm sure even you would agree with that statement. So just drop your argument. You misinterpreted what I said, as you often do, and consequently missed the entire point of my post...which was BTW that Obama has to walk a "fine line" because there are crazies on both sides and they are the dangerous ones.

As always...thanks for playing.

Are there people who don't like the president because he's black? Sure. Do I think that racism exists? Yes. This shooter and Dylan Roof were clearly racists. Do I feel the Rs in Congress bear some responsibility for the division this country? Yes. Now, can you be an adult and admit that the President and the Left also bear responsibility for the division? Here's a couple of examples to help you: You didn't build that, You don't pay your fair share, Republicans are going to put you back in chains (Biden), science denier!, evil corporations, the NRA causes people to die, you want poor people to die if you don't support the ACA, you are warring with women if you don't support abortion, bitter clingers, warmongerers, and on and on and on.

X-man
07-10-2016, 01:48 PM
Are they're people who don't like the president because he's black? Sure. Do I think that racism exists? Yes. This shooter and Dylan Roof were clearly racists. Do I feel the Rs in Congress bear some responsibility for the division this country? Yes. Now, can you be an adult and admit that the President and the Left also bear responsibility for the division? Here's a couple of examples to help you: You didn't build that, You don't pay your fair share, Republicans are going to put you back in chains (Biden), science denier!, evil corporations, the NRA causes people to die, you want poor people to die if you don't support the ACA, you are warring with women if you don't support abortion, bitter clingers, warmongerers, and on and on and on.

Reread post #42. I have decided that you can't be as obtuse as your posts suggest and therefore believe that you get your jollies from my responding to your bizarre posts. So unless you post something that makes any sense at all, I will no longer respond. You'll just have to get your kicks elsewhere.

Strange Brew
07-10-2016, 02:00 PM
Reread post #42. I have decided that you can't be as obtuse as your posts suggest and therefore believe that you get your jollies from my responding to your bizarre posts. So unless you post something that makes any sense at all, I will no longer respond. You'll just have to get your kicks elsewhere.

Reread post #10. Take off your blue tinted glasses, be an adult and admit the Left and President bear at least some responsibility for the division and racial tensions in this country.

BandAid
07-10-2016, 03:17 PM
Everyone relax.

Xville
07-10-2016, 06:37 PM
I'm so glad Obama supported the Black Lives Matter bs while hanging out in Spain today. That's where he needs to be right now---Spain. That and supporting protests where protesters are throwing rocks and molotov cocktails at cops.

XUFan09
07-10-2016, 06:57 PM
I'm so glad Obama supported the Black Lives Matter bs while hanging out in Spain today. That's where he needs to be right now---Spain. That and supporting protests where protesters are throwing rocks and molotov cocktails at cops.
Complaining about a president being on one of many foreign trips (scheduled months in advance, mind you) is the epitome of looking for something to bitch about, particularly since it's 2016 and so much effective business can be conducted while not physically in the country. By the way, he's cutting that trip short to come down to Dallas.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/obama-spain-visit-dallas-shooting-early-departure/

I'm confident you'll just turn to the next arbitrary thing to bitch about, though.

xu82
07-10-2016, 07:06 PM
Complaining about a president being on one of many foreign trips (scheduled months in advance, mind you) is the epitome of looking for something to bitch about, particularly since it's 2016 and so much effective business can be conducted while not physically in the country. By the way, he's cutting that trip short to come down to Dallas.

I'm confident you'll just turn to the next arbitrary thing to bitch about, though.

Great post, mostly I just like the absence of math. :rolleyes:

Xville
07-10-2016, 07:11 PM

I don't care if he is on a trip, I care that he is on a trip, where there is something at home that he should be taking care of instead. I'm so glad he can cut his trip short by a day..what a guy!

I also care when he is supporting something a million miles away that has actually led to some pretty violent protests across the country.

But yeah he is doing such great work for the United States while in Spain deciding to come home days later after some pretty terrible events.

XUFan09
07-10-2016, 07:32 PM
I don't care if he is on a trip, I care that he is on a trip, where there is something at home that he should be taking care of instead. I'm so glad he can cut his trip short by a day..what a guy!

I also care when he is supporting something a million miles away that has actually led to some pretty violent protests across the country.

But yeah he is doing such great work for the United States while in Spain deciding to come home days later after some pretty terrible events.

Reminds me of when liberals bitched about W's vacation time.

xu82
07-10-2016, 07:40 PM
And you wonder why no one intelligent wants to apply....

Juice
07-10-2016, 08:00 PM

Let me once again preface that I'm not an Obama supporter, but this is insane. This was his first and only visit to Spain ever during his 1st or 2nd term as president. He's cutting the trip short. You're complaining just to complain.

xeus
07-10-2016, 08:13 PM

What do you think his physical presence here would contribute? Seriously - please explain. Should he just symbolically fly home to try to show everyone what his priority is? I'd be as annoyed by that disingenuous move as anything.

Xville
07-10-2016, 08:37 PM
And you wonder why no one intelligent wants to apply....

There are plenty of intelligent people that apply, unfortunately it's usually whoever has the most money that wins because the general public is easily swayed by whoever they hear of the most.

Xville
07-10-2016, 08:47 PM
What do you think his physical presence here would contribute? Seriously - please explain. Should he just symbolically fly home to try to show everyone what his priority is? I'd be as annoyed by that disingenuous move as anything.

Frankly I'm much more annoyed by the fact that he again came out and supported the black Lives Matter movement, a movement that has encouraged violence not quelled it than being in Spain. Peaceful protests that's great, and it's part of our history. However these are anything but peaceful.

NY44
07-10-2016, 08:51 PM

I bet it really bothers you when Obama fills out an NCAA bracket. I'd put a lot of money on the fact that you've complained about it before.

SemajParlor
07-10-2016, 09:29 PM
I bet it really bothers you when Obama fills out an NCAA bracket. I'd put a lot of money on the fact that you've complained about it before.

Not to mention this is supporting the NCAA, a group that encourages violence!

Snipe
07-10-2016, 10:17 PM

Was the racial strain in this country better managed by George Bush? I was not a fan of George Bush, and I don't think you were either. It is an honest question.

Snipe
07-10-2016, 10:20 PM

I would agree that race relations have gotten worse, but I would disagree that he hasn't done anything about it. "If I had a son, he would look like Trevon". He has done plenty in the service for race relations, and he has spent countless time participating and funding it. The question is how that time and money was spent.

Snipe
07-10-2016, 10:22 PM

I agree with you. He has done plenty. He funded the Sanford protests. Sent the DOJ down there. Fired the Chief of Police and started and investigation and then publicly agitated against the opposition. Of course, it was an election year. So I would agree with you, what has that SOB not done? Exactly!

Snipe
07-10-2016, 10:25 PM

Well he did that, and it seems like you don't give him any credit. It is a lot of work, (and a lot of government NGO funding) to organize protest of racial resentment. I don't think you give him enough credit. He has done brilliantly in organizing these left wing groups, and even met with Black Lives Matter. This man is no pushover.

Snipe
07-10-2016, 10:26 PM
I don't envy the position Obama is in, because while I agree with the criticisms you're leveling on one hand, on the other hand you have people like Cornel West calling him the first niggerized president. So he can't really win.

Cornel West vs the American People.

I know who I would choose.

Strange Brew
07-10-2016, 10:43 PM
No, it's very easy to tell that those two have an axe to grind against X-man or any left-leaning poster.

It's getting to the point where they're as childish as LH.

You're right. I've been overly difficult with X-man and that is not helpful. I'll work to tone down the rhetoric when asking he explain his comments moving forward.

GoMuskies
07-10-2016, 10:47 PM
You're right. I've been overly difficult with X-man and that is not helpful. I'll work to tone down the rhetoric when asking he explain his comments moving forward.

Dude, he called you _LH. Them's fighting words! :)

Snipe
07-10-2016, 10:53 PM
The country is in grave need of leadership.

Why President Obama can’t bring us together - The Washington Post (https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2016/07/08/why-president-obama-cant-bring-us-together/?tid=pm_opinions_pop_b)

I agree with your sentiment, we need an adult in charge.

As for the article, I can remember George W. Bush, and people spent 8 years bashing him too. They called him a stupid chimp. I have never called Obama a stupid chimp. No matter who is elected, the other party is going to bash them from the outset and bash them all along. George W Bush wasn't even legitimately elected president for many on the left. And it didn't start with George Bush, Clinton had the haters going all the while, and before him I remember who people thought Ronald Reagan would get us into a nuclear war.

The more things change, the more they stay the same, at least with the haters.

But it doesn't end there. We have an attorney general who talks about combating terrorist attacks in Orlando with "Love". Now I love the new age groovy feel of spreading the love, but that might not be our first option. In fact when our officials spread such drivel, I wonder if they even have any plan whatsoever to protect us, so I want an adult in charge. He may be an adult that you don't like, but at least he will be an adult.

The guy in Orlando was very clear in his 911 call that he did it for ISIS. The government told us that they really didn't know why he did it. They still haven't come forward to tell us why he did it, and they deny that any evidence exists that he is gay, while several gay people claim to have had relationships with him.

The guy in Dallas was very clear in his discussion that he wanted to kill White People and White Cops. He was a Black Nationalist, he was interested in Black Power Groups, and he told the cops during the stand off that he was pissed at White Cops and White People. So what does Barrack Obama say:

“I think it’s very hard to untangle the motives of this shooter,” Mr. Obama said of the gunman, Micah X. Johnson

“I think it’s very hard to untangle the motives of this shooter,”

Who is retarded? Who is not acting like an adult in a time of national chaos and misery?

Seriously? You can't untangle the motives?

Some guy could break into my house and kill me tonight and rape my wife. He could videotape it and post it on Youtube. And while he is raping my wife before slitting her neck he could look into the camera and say, "THIS IS A RACIAL HATE CRIME".

I still don't think that would be enough evidence to sway our current administration. I seriously don't. The Dallas shooter and the Orlando Shooter said way more than that, and our government is still trying to find out why they did it. We need some adults in charge.

Now when Dylan Roof, the racist who shot up the Black Church in Charleston, to which Paul has alluded, Obama was far more certain about why it happened and the message it sends to America. He gave the Eulogy at the funeral.

He wasn't at the funeral of the people that died at the Pulse club, and he still doesn't know why it happened, outside of maybe Christian hate and the NRA. He won't be giving the Eulogy for the Dallas cops either, and he still is befuddled as to the whole event.

You see, it is hard to untangle the motives of this shooter.

Seriously.

We need an adult in the room.

Snipe
07-10-2016, 11:00 PM
I'll remember this next year when we get the inevitable complaints from the same posters as to why sexism isn't on the decline when Hillary is the next president.

Hilary targeted people that her husband molested. She isn't a real feminist if that term has any meaning.

X-band '01
07-10-2016, 11:01 PM
Dude, he called you _LH. Them's fighting words! :)

Imagine if I compared him to sweet16.

Snipe
07-10-2016, 11:05 PM
I never voted for Obama and I never would if he ever ran for anything ever again, but he addresses race relations and racism more than any president has ever before. He may not say things that you like to hear but he speaks frankly and often.

I would agree. He had engaged in race relations more than any other President.

In fact if he had a son, he said his son would look like Travon Martin. He spent government money to organize the protests at the very beginning at Sanford, Florida. He had the DOJ come in and replace the Police Chief. It was a whole team effort. Obama has worked on race relations more than any other President. And it was an election year no doubt.

He sent people to Trevon Martins Funeral, and he sent people to Michael Browns funeral. He had a full federal investigation of both incidents. He is the President that is most involved in Race Relations in our lifetime, and Ferguson has burned to the ground and they will never recover. Baltimore has burned. Now we have Dallas.

That is quite an effective President.

FOUR MORE YEARS!

Snipe
07-10-2016, 11:12 PM

If I was going to try to legally stop Black Lives Matter, I would show videos of how they like to chant about killing the police. I can post one if you like. Then after police actually die in Dallas (consequences of their actions and intent), I would shut them down. The KKK was sued and shut down, it isn't impossible. You could draw a line from their words and deeds directly from advocating the killing of police to the actual killing of police at a Black Lives Matter event.

For the record, I am liberal on the first amendment. I am just trying to say how you would go about trying to shut them down. I think if the government wanted to they could, but honestly our Democratic administration has already had Black Lives Matter visit the White House several times. So shutting them down isn't an option.

Snipe
07-10-2016, 11:13 PM
Agreed.

Its called freedom of speech and the right to express an opinion....right, wrong or indifferent, this is America.

I do think that anyone should be allowed to say whatever is on their mind, with no restrictions.

Snipe
07-10-2016, 11:15 PM

I think you are right. Plenty of cities like Ferguson and Baltimore probably burned during the Bush, Clinton and Reagan administrations. We just didn't have cell phones then. Thank God we are more aware. I love 2016, the year of the cell phone!

Snipe
07-10-2016, 11:20 PM
That last sentence captures it well. Race relations were bad before, but now the problems have become more explicit, so everyone now sees what was under the surface before.

In New York City, City Journal reported that 97% of gun crimes were committed by either Blacks or Hispanics.

Black people commit roughly 50% of the homicides in this country despite being around 15% of the population.

I would agree that the problems and the details are very explicit.

Snipe
07-10-2016, 11:35 PM

"Race relations are not a political issue"

Seriously? When we inflame every election year with racial tensions? They haven't done the investigations on the latest shootings.

Black Lives Matter shows up at political protests. Tell them it isn't a political issue.

Obama has done a fair job at not bringing politics into it

Again, are you serious? How do you think that they whip up the black vote? You are an idiot. I am not just name calling, because I am detailing exactly why you are an idiot.

Obama and his administration spent money down in Sanford Florida to organize the protests. We had paid protestors in Sanford. We had paid protestors in Ferguson, before it burned. The that McKinnon guy from Black Lives Matter has a contract with the city of Baltimore that pays him $160k.

That is the funniest statement of all time. You are a world class idiot and should resign from political commentary. I don't even think PMThor could hold a match to you.

What color is the sky in your world?

Snipe
07-10-2016, 11:39 PM

Is Trump not on the record for being fiscally conservative and socially liberal? He is actually the anti-war president in this contest. I have yet to hear my anti-war friends back him. I think he will be tough on terrorism and border control too, like you want.

Our country is way too polarized. I will agree with that.

Snipe
07-10-2016, 11:44 PM

Same. Although I really wish the ticket was flipped.

You can vote for Gary Johnson, but he has no chance of being President. I am a big fan of Gary Johnson.

I won't vote for him because he has no change. I would like to try to put a stop to the leftist violence, like the Police shooting in Dallas. I don't want a government that subsidizes and actively works with Black Lives Matter. Hillary Clinton will be in bed with them. Also, she won't do a damn thing about border control. It would be nice to have borders and have a country again.

Snipe
07-10-2016, 11:57 PM

Have to agree, it is laughable for X-Man to blame this on the right. The whole leftist Michael Brown story was a fable, and even the DOJ in an extensive report laid out that the shooting was justified. Michael Brown was a piece of shit who assaulted a Police Officer and tried to grab his gun.

Republicans had nothing to do with an Hispanic Democrat shooting Trevon Martin in Florida. They had nothing to do with Darrin Wilson and the burning of Ferguson. The horrible thing was you knew the whole time that city was going to burn and never recover. I just knew it. Nothing any Republican could have done about it. They were registering Democrats to vote on the very spot that Michael Brown was killed. And what in the hell do Republicans have to do with the city of Baltimore, which might be the most liberal democrat city in the nation giving voting percentages. That isn't some sort of Republican stronghold.

I am not sure Republicans could have don't anything to save Trevon Martin, to keep Ferguson and Baltimore from being burnt to the ground. Our Presidential Administration was stoking the flames, going to the funerals and the democrats were funding the protests with paid protestors. He has some gall and some nerve to blame that on Republicans.

But what else can he say? He is out of ammo. A blind man can see who is behind this stoking the tensions. It really isn't that hard to understand.

Snipe
07-11-2016, 12:02 AM
Good Lord. Who knew that protests that become violent are caused solely by one side of the debate? What an odd view of things.

Only one side funded the protestors of Trevon Martin. Republicans didn't fund the Hispanic Democrat George Zimmerman. The DOJ came into town, announced an investigation. Fired the Police Chief, paid people to organize protests, all in an election year. And you are claiming their were two sides to that coin?

What about Ferguson and Baltimore? What did the Republicans actually do there? They didn't pay anyone to protest.

You are delusional. Sometimes there is an answer. Looks like it is an answer that you don't like, because it was your "team". You think Republicans have anything to do with the Police shooting in Dallas? The burning of Baltimore or the torching of Ferguson?

Do you actually think Republicans are to blame? Republicans are a lot of things, but Black Lives Matter protests and killings are not one of them. You should be more honest with yourself.

Snipe
07-11-2016, 12:07 AM
Sure. Lots more brown people will be murdered under color of law and lynched. That's improved race relations for a lot of people.

World might get better if you end up against the wall if that happens.

Thanks for wishing for my death.

I didn't have anything to do with Sanford, Ferguson, Baltimore or Dallas.

I work, have a wife and children. I pay my taxes. I participate in community projects and I occasionally attend a black church. Yeah, I am the problem.

The world would be a better place if I was put against the wall and shot. That would solve so many problems.

Leftists love killing. It isn't hard to look at this and connect the dots of the ideology.

Juice
07-11-2016, 12:10 AM
I would agree. He had engaged in race relations more than any other President.

In fact if he had a son, he said his son would look like Travon Martin. He spent government money to organize the protests at the very beginning at Sanford, Florida. He had the DOJ come in and replace the Police Chief. It was a whole team effort. Obama has worked on race relations more than any other President. And it was an election year no doubt.

He sent people to Trevon Martins Funeral, and he sent people to Michael Browns funeral. He had a full federal investigation of both incidents. He is the President that is most involved in Race Relations in our lifetime, and Ferguson has burned to the ground and they will never recover. Baltimore has burned. Now we have Dallas.

That is quite an effective President.

FOUR MORE YEARS!

I would argue that the local and state governments had more to do with those situations/incidents/disasters than Obama did and therefore should have a much greater part in fixing them. And obviously all of those incidents occurred in Democrat controlled governments (I don't know much about the local government of the Zimmerman-Martin incident but that wasn't at the hands of police).

What's shocking about the Dallas situation is everything I've read about the Dallas PD is that they had made lots of changes to policies that was actually effective over the last few years to help relations between citizens and police. On the other hand, I've read that Baton Rouge was a time bomb based on the past actions of their police.

Snipe
07-11-2016, 12:11 AM
And all this time I thought I didn't like him because of his left wing policies. Now I find out that deep down, it's because he's black. If he was a white president with the same policies, according to you I'd love the guy.

Because you are white.

Snipe
07-11-2016, 12:24 AM

I would argue that the local and state governments had more to do with those situations/incidents/disasters than Obama did and therefore should have a much greater part in fixing them. And obviously all of those incidents occurred in Democrat controlled governments (I don't know much about the local government of the Zimmerman-Martin incident but that wasn't at the hands of police).

What's shocking about the Dallas situation is everything I've read about the Dallas PD is that they had made lots of changes to policies that was actually effective over the last few years to help relations between citizens and police. On the other hand, I've read that Baton Rouge was a time bomb based on the past actions of their police.

It doesn't seem right that Dallas should bear the burden of it, but I am just glad it isn't Cincinnati. When you have one political party that has played identity politics for decades and enjoys and excels in stoking racial tension, it is only a matter of time. Republicans don't pay the protestors. They don't use those tragedies for voter registration. Democrats have done this and both Trevon Martin and Michael Brown happened during an election year. I pointed that out then, and I predicted this would happen ever election year. Guess I was right. This is an election year and we have 11 shot and 5 dead in Dallas. You can't fuel that effort and not take the consequences. This was leftist violence, and it was provoked by continuing leftist agitation by the Democrats and their sponsors on the left.

X-band '01
07-11-2016, 08:10 AM
It doesn't seem right that Dallas should bear the burden of it, but I am just glad it isn't Cincinnati. When you have one political party that has played identity politics for decades and enjoys and excels in stoking racial tension, it is only a matter of time. Republicans don't pay the protestors. They don't use those tragedies for voter registration. Democrats have done this and both Trevon Martin and Michael Brown happened during an election year. I pointed that out then, and I predicted this would happen ever election year. Guess I was right. This is an election year and we have 11 shot and 5 dead in Dallas. You can't fuel that effort and not take the consequences. This was leftist violence, and it was provoked by continuing leftist agitation by the Democrats and their sponsors on the left.

What kind of turnout did Missouri get in 2014? I'm guessing that was mainly at the state level. I can't remember if Missouri had a Senate seat contested.

Xville
07-11-2016, 08:51 AM
What kind of turnout did Missouri get in 2014? I'm guessing that was mainly at the state level. I can't remember if Missouri had a Senate seat contested.

I know more about what went on behind the scenes regarding the Michael brown situation than any other police shooting lately because my brother was in a very high state government elected position at the time. All I'm going to say is that Missouri's lovely governor wanted those riots to happen and made choices to ensure that those riots did indeed occur. Unless you or someone you know is pretty high in state or federal government, you would be absolutely shocked by what goes on behind the scenes. House of Cards is a little sensationalist, but in some waysort it is not too far off.

X-man
07-11-2016, 09:29 AM
Only one side funded the protestors of Trevon Martin. Republicans didn't fund the Hispanic Democrat George Zimmerman. The DOJ came into town, announced an investigation. Fired the Police Chief, paid people to organize protests, all in an election year. And you are claiming their were two sides to that coin?

What about Ferguson and Baltimore? What did the Republicans actually do there? They didn't pay anyone to protest.

You are delusional. Sometimes there is an answer. Looks like it is an answer that you don't like, because it was your "team". You think Republicans have anything to do with the Police shooting in Dallas? The burning of Baltimore or the torching of Ferguson?

Do you actually think Republicans are to blame? Republicans are a lot of things, but Black Lives Matter protests and killings are not one of them. You should be more honest with yourself.

What is truly delusional is thinking that black anger would not have happened under a different President. With technology now recording police shootings of blacks, the anger will be there no matter who runs the country. And that means a nut job like the guy in Dallas would do what he did because he "sees" what is going on. A society with guns, a marginalized population that feels victimized by the system and the police, and now with a technology that demonstrates (in their minds) that they are right on all counts, is a powder keg where one perceived misstep by any authority figure becomes the match that sets off an explosion. Blaming all this on one political party is either pure partisanship or borderline insanity. Or maybe it is just a drunken ramble given the hour of your post.

GoMuskies
07-11-2016, 09:31 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/12/upshot/surprising-new-evidence-shows-bias-in-police-use-of-force-but-not-in-shootings.html?_r=1

SemajParlor
07-11-2016, 09:40 AM

No - all police are either inherently good or bad. All incidents lumped together are either just or unjust. All protesters are either violent supporting rock throwing terrorists, or people with legitimate reasons for protest against a murderous and oppressive militarized regime. You're either on the side of a police killing terrorist or a citizen killing terrorist.

I refuse to allow my brain to process any variables to any situation.

America is currently bad. Make America Great Again!

XUFan09
07-11-2016, 09:51 AM

I'm guessing when you have a serious national issue, an unhinged person isn't that discriminatory in who they target within a group. Honestly, that kind of person probably thinks in a similar fashion to what SemajParlor is parodying.

XUFan09
07-11-2016, 09:54 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/12/upshot/surprising-new-evidence-shows-bias-in-police-use-of-force-but-not-in-shootings.html?_r=1
Good initial study and a lot of it is definitely in line with what minority communities have been talking about. There are a few categories that clearly need more data, namely lethal shooting, use of baton/spray, and I think a couple other things, as these have really large confidence intervals, indicative of a lot of variability.

NY44
07-11-2016, 10:09 AM

I think Obama generally gets involved because of the protests. One of the things that has made BLM so effective is they mobilize people across the whole country. (I'd be curious to know how many major cities have had protests in the past week). I would imagine they do this to achieve change at the federal level, rather than to place blame there.

STL_XUfan
07-11-2016, 10:36 AM
I think Obama generally gets involved because of the protests. One of the things that has made BLM so effective is they mobilize people across the whole country. I'd be curious to know how many major cities have had protests in the past week. I would imagine they do this to achieve change at the federal level, rather than to place blame there.

This is where I think the invention of social media has greatly increased the visibility and organizational abilities of these groups. Without it I don't know if individual events would get the rapid national coverage that we see now.

I sometimes forget that mainstream social media has only been around since about 2004 and didn't really come into its own until the 2008 elections. I wonder how much that has played into the boiling over of these issues? (I will now wait quietly for '09 to do the research and point me towards several studies and scholarly papers on the topic).

SemajParlor
07-11-2016, 10:42 AM
Has BLM really been all that effective? I watched 2 videos last week and more from the protests this weekend that don't seem to indicate a change coming any time soon.

NY44
07-11-2016, 10:50 AM
Has BLM really been all that effective? I watched 2 videos last week and more from the protests this weekend that don't seem to indicate a change coming any time soon.

What do you mean by the bolded?

I agree they haven't been effective toward their ultimate goals. However, I think they have been effective in that they have millions of supporters and are more or less the face of the movement against racial inequality.

SemajParlor
07-11-2016, 11:12 AM
I agree they haven't been effective toward their ultimate goals.

That was what I was suggesting. Organized protests for racial equality are not new to this country. Those 2 police killing videos from Baton Rouge and Minnesota look like they belong in any decade of American history.

bleedXblue
07-11-2016, 12:23 PM
This is such a quagmire of a situation. The St Paul video concerned me more, but we didn't a get a chance to see what led up to the shooting and what actually took place prior. I wonder if the cop had a video camera on? Does anyone know he was shot by another minority? I didn't know that until I did a little more reading. Many of us were assuming he was white weren't we?

NY44
07-11-2016, 01:51 PM
That was what I was suggesting. Organized protests for racial equality are not new to this country. Those 2 police killing videos from Baton Rouge and Minnesota look like they belong in any decade of American history.

You are wrong. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTeehzvymqI) Everything was fine until Obama got into office.

nuts4xu
07-11-2016, 02:49 PM
You can vote for Gary Johnson, but he has no chance of being President. I am a big fan of Gary Johnson.

I am an even bigger fan of Bruce Johnson, I would vote for him as President in a New York minute!!

Masterofreality
07-11-2016, 05:02 PM
I am an even bigger fan of Bruce Johnson, I would vote for him as President in a New York minute!!

This is a ticket I can get behind!!!!!!.....Errrrrr.....

Snipe
07-13-2016, 12:51 AM

BLM has been very effective. They have been very effective in burning down Ferguson. They have been very effective in burning down Baltimore, and now they have been very effective in shooting 11 people in Dallas.

I think you are looking at the wrong metrics. Travon Martin was not for civil rights, it was for whipping up black folk in an election year, and it got the black vote motivated. Michael Brown was in an election year, and they signed up voter registrations right on his death site, AS THEY SHOULD!!!!! haha. Very effective all the way. The killings are collateral damage, but they had to know something would happen when they stoke that fire for so long. Those Dallas cops are just a cost of doing business. Black Lives Matter.

This is another election year. I did predict this too. After Trevon and Michael Brown, I told you this would happen. And you think it hasn't been effective. Silly boy, you are looking at the wrong metrics. This isn't about lifting black people out of poverty, this is about power. And if the black people ever left the Democratic plantation, they would lose all the power and not be competitive in a national election. So this is about evil government power and how it has to be the racist republicans, even though Obama is almost done with an 8 year term.

8 years, and our race relations our worse than ever. X-Man swears it is the work of Republicans. Talk about Denial not being a river in Egypt. Delusional isn't a river in Egypt either. For most people alive in America today, this is the worst time in our racial discord, and we are 7.5 years into Obama's 8 year term. And X-Man will call me a racist for pointing that out.

If you can't see it from the big picture you are being played. That is how they win. Most people get played. Most people are not all that bright. I have no faith in democracy.

X-man
07-13-2016, 06:09 AM
8 years, and our race relations our worse than ever. X-Man swears it is the work of Republicans. Talk about Denial not being a river in Egypt. Delusional isn't a river in Egypt either. For most people alive in America today, this is the worst time in our racial discord, and we are 7.5 years into Obama's 8 year term. And X-Man will call me a racist for pointing that out.

If you can't see it from the big picture you are being played. That is how they win. Most people get played. Most people are not all that bright. I have no faith in democracy.
You and Brew are cut from the same cloth...neither of you read very carefully. Nowhere have I said that Republicans were solely to blame for today's problems. Only you seem to think that all the blame lies with one political party. I take issue with your statements that it is the Democrats and Obama particularly that are solely to blame. America's problem with race right now may or may not be worse than it ever was before (some might argue it was worse before the Emancipation Proclamation), but the reasons for today's problems are much more complicated than simply some statements by the President or some actions taken by his administration. It involves technology, the media, the extreme income inequality, and the increasingly marginalized population that industrial change, misguided social programs, and residential segregation has generated. But you will never see that because you are a simple man, where everything is simply black or white, and governed by extreme partisan feelings (whether you are also a racist is something only you can know; I will not label you as such). Like you though, I am worried about our democracy......but for entirely different reasons.

Milhouse
07-13-2016, 07:03 AM
BLM has been very effective. They have been very effective in burning down Ferguson. They have been very effective in burning down Baltimore, and now they have been very effective in shooting 11 people in Dallas.

I think you are looking at the wrong metrics. Travon Martin was not for civil rights, it was for whipping up black folk in an election year, and it got the black vote motivated. Michael Brown was in an election year, and they signed up voter registrations right on his death site, AS THEY SHOULD!!!!! haha. Very effective all the way. The killings are collateral damage, but they had to know something would happen when they stoke that fire for so long. Those Dallas cops are just a cost of doing business. Black Lives Matter.

This is another election year. I did predict this too. After Trevon and Michael Brown, I told you this would happen. And you think it hasn't been effective. Silly boy, you are looking at the wrong metrics. This isn't about lifting black people out of poverty, this is about power. And if the black people ever left the Democratic plantation, they would lose all the power and not be competitive in a national election. So this is about evil government power and how it has to be the racist republicans, even though Obama is almost done with an 8 year term.

sigh

ArizonaXUGrad
07-13-2016, 12:39 PM
Just saying, but don't you think that sometimes things have to get worse before they get better?

Do you think people thought racial relations were worse with MLK marching in the streets in the 50s and 60s?

GoMuskies
07-17-2016, 11:23 AM
Baton Rouge now. People suck.

bleedXblue
07-17-2016, 11:44 AM
Just keep shooting and killing. That's going to help things. Idiots.