PDA

View Full Version : Prosser Award to be given April 4, 2008

Muskie
03-16-2008, 08:47 PM
From CollegeInsider (http://www.collegeinsider.com/news/03_07_08.html)

"CollegeInsider.com, in conjunction with the Prosser family, is proud to announce the creation of the Skip Prosser Man of the Year Award.

The award will be presented annually to the division I head coach who enjoys success on and off the court. Winning with high morale integrity."

Kahns Krazy
03-17-2008, 03:10 PM
I'm a big Skip fan. I like to see his legacy as a teacher and as a great person live on.

However, the 'official' site, http://www.skipprosseraward.com/ is the exact opposite of Skip. It doesn't live up to the hype.

DC Muskie
03-17-2008, 03:26 PM
Very nice.

wkrq59
03-17-2008, 03:44 PM
All I can get is the picture of Skip.....Is there any way we could submit a nomination...I'm thinking of Sean first, and Phil Martelli, second--Sean would qualify for both on and off the court, considering the work he has done with the Cincinnati Business Community members who are influential XU alumni. But he's also worked among the students, too.

Kahns Krazy
03-17-2008, 03:47 PM
My guess is that the nominations have already been completed, as well as the winner. After all, they have to get the guy there for the award at the Final Four.

Maybe Sean would be a good choice since he'll already be there.

I actually like it to not be an ACC or A-10 coach. We already know about Skip and we already know our coarch. Spread the word.

waggy
03-19-2008, 12:17 AM
I actually like it to not be an ACC or A-10 coach. We already know about Skip and we already know our coarch. Spread the word.

I agree. It could really go beyond coaches, though it doesn't appear to.

GoMuskies
03-19-2008, 12:20 AM
How about Scott Sutton of Oral Roberts.

waggy
03-19-2008, 12:29 AM
I have no clue who this might go to, but I wouldn't be surprised if Drew at Baylor is one coach that was at least considered. He's been lauded at times for the turnaround there. Baylor and Wake are both Baptist too I think; not that that has anything to do with it.

XU05and07
03-19-2008, 01:22 AM
This is a great award...and the selection committee for the award will do a thorough evaluation of the candidates...I like that they represented each of the schools that Skip coached through the ADs and also include Skip's son Mark and Dino.

SKIP PROSSER MAN OF THE YEAR AWARD SELECTION COMMITTEE

Jay Bilas (ESPN College Basketball Analyst)
Mike Bobinski (Director of Athletics, Xavier)
Joe Boylan (Director of Athletics, Loyola College)
Chris Carlin (Sports Talk Host, WFAN Radio)
Dave Cottle (Head Men's Lacrosse Coach, University of Maryland)
Ed DeChellis (Head Men's Basketball Coach, Penn State University)
Matt Drake (Senior Analyst, CollegeInsider.com)
Joe Dwyer (Co-Founder, CollegeInsider.com)
Fran Fraschilla (ESPN College Basketball Analyst)
Dino Gaudio (Head Men's Basketball Coach, Wake Forest University)
Brad Holland (Former Head Men's Basketball, University of San Diego)
Angela Lento (Co-Founder, CollegeInsider.com)
Kyle Macy (Former Head Men's Basketball Coach Morehead State University)
Dave Magarity (Head Women's Basketball Coach, West Point)
Reggie Minton (Deputy Executive Director, National Association of Basketball Coaches)
Mark Prosser (Associate Head Coach, Bucknell University)
Mark Schmidt (Head Men's Basketball Coach, St. Bonaventure University)
Steve Shutt (Assistant Athletic Director, Wake Forest University)
Ron Wellman (Director of Athletics, Wake Forest University)
Dave Wojcok (Associate Head Men's Basketball Coach Tulsa University)
Doug Wojcik (Head Men's Basketball Coach, Tulsa University)

What a tribute to Skip and what a statement it will be about the coach that wins this award every year. If a coach that wins the award doesn't understand the significance and magnitude of this award or fails to be completely humbled by it, it should be revoke immediately.

waggy
03-19-2008, 01:46 AM
Sitting here with tonights Alabama at Arizona State NIT game replaying on the tube, thinking about what a great candidate Herb Sendek would make for this award. Is the fact he was recently an ACC coach count against him?