PDA

View Full Version : Great Quitting Stories!!

xubrew
04-15-2016, 09:00 AM
On one hand, I hate to see this because this guy had been there forever, he loved his job, and was good at his job. In fact, sometimes being passionate toward your job will make you much more likely to snap because if you didn't care then you wouldn't be frustrated. But, on the other hand, this is a fantastic way to quit your job!! And, he doesn't need the job. So, there's that!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BEM7tV0wRtP/

I've only quit one job, and it was because they would not work around my class schedule when I was a college student, so it wasn't like I wanted to quit. I've changed jobs, but I don't consider that to be the same thing. I do have stories of where I wanted to quit, but didn't go through with it. In fact when I was in grad school, I wanted to quit and I'm pretty sure my boss wanted me to quit, but I didn't and she didn't fire me. That was a missed opportunity. I don't have any epic stories.

I consider this to be an epic story!! This makes me want to ask, who out there as an epic story??

XU 87
04-15-2016, 09:16 AM
At my old firm/first job out of school, we had tons of turn over due to the people in charge being difficult to work with. A guy who had just joined the firm ("Tom") decided to go back to his old firm. He went in to tell his boss he was leaving. The conversation went like this (names have been changed to protect the innocent):

Tom- Sam, do you have a minute? I need to talk to talk to you about something.

Sam- I do Tom, but before you tell me whatever it is you want to talk about, I have a few things I need to talk to you about!

Sam then proceeded to loudly criticize Tom about a multiple of things.

The conversation then ended as follows:

Sam- So Tom, what are you going to do about all this!!!? How are you going to correct all these problems!!!?

Tom- I quit. I'll be leaving in two weeks.

And then Tom walked out of Sam's office.

Cheesehead
04-15-2016, 09:26 AM
Man, that was epic. HE really let his former bosses have it! I hope he can still work somewhere after that rant.

xeus
04-15-2016, 09:35 AM
This dude is The King in my book (http://cnn.com/video/?/video/us/2010/08/10/chernoff.flight.attendant.quits.cnn).

xu82
04-15-2016, 02:13 PM
I had a conversation that went something like this with my manager:

ME: Chad, did I ever tell you about growing up in western NY? When you turn 14 you can get your working papers. I got a job working at an apartment complex, mostly painting and landscape stuff. But twice a week we got to go into the basement of the garden apartments and carry out garbage that had been festering there all week. Torn, leaky bags of fetid week old fish, maggots and dirty diapers that dripped down your legs walking up the stairs to get them to the curb. Thanks to working here for over a year, I can honestly say that that was not the worst job I've ever had. I'm going to get my resignation for you to pass along to the nut jobs running this place.

Chad: Good for you! Do they have any more openings?

GIMMFD
04-15-2016, 02:54 PM
I'm not sure how much of you browse Reddit, because I do from time to time to kill some time but this thread has some epic stories if you have time:

https://www.reddit.com/comments/41dkav/