PDA

View Full Version : Pirates out of Control Again

EastCoastXman
01-03-2016, 10:06 AM
So with Seton Hall starting the BE at 2-0 for the second year you would think all is good on the Pirate ship. So yesterday with 5:27 to go in the first half, Willard takes Desi Rodriguez out of the game. While passing the coach Desi has something to say. Desi then sits the remainder of the game. In today's Ledger Willard says "Desi was removed after saying something that my players just don't say". He wasn't going to play again and he might not get the opportunity to play for a while.

So here we go again after last year's Gibbs and Sena episode. Chemistry and leadership of the coach so important. That is why I love Team 94.

Emp
01-05-2016, 10:08 PM
The fine line between players with swagger/arrogance and the coach's abilities to meld them into a team sport.

The buy-in at X during the past two seasons has been impressive, and a pleasant surprise after several seasons of having one star and supporting cast(e). Every thing that Mack has done with these players, from recruiting to development, and leading them into a team, is pure delight.

They remind me of the Stack team with Jenkins, Fleming, McBride, Dexter and Ralph Lee as savvy players.

XUFan09
01-05-2016, 10:19 PM
I seriously doubt Seton Hall will be able to replicate that meltdown from last year, and the key to how that went down was Sterling Gibbs. He's not exactly the ideal teammate, so to speak.

Seriously, one guy smarted off to his coach and is getting benched. This isn't something extraordinary in itself.

Masterofreality
01-06-2016, 08:31 AM
I seriously doubt Seton Hall will be able to replicate that meltdown from last year, and the key to how that went down was Sterling Gibbs. He's not exactly the ideal teammate, so to speak.

Seriously, one guy smarted off to his coach and is getting benched. This isn't something extraordinary in itself.

Whitehead had something to do with last year as well. Obviously there was bad chemistry with Gibbs vs Whitehead- and Gibbs wasn't going to win that one.

Whitehead still tends to be a selfish player, but has toned it down some this year.

EastCoastXman
01-06-2016, 11:54 AM
Since his benching during OT against Wichita St, Whitehead has been a different player. He has been playing more as the leader of this team and has a pass first attitude. Numbers for Carrington and Desi Rodriguez have really risen in the last few games. SHU has no chance against Nova tonight without Desi. No word on the street back here in Jersey about his status for tonight.