PDA

View Full Version : Big East Media Day 2015-16

X-band '01
10-14-2015, 08:15 AM
2015-16 Preseason Poll (Coaches) (http://zagsblog.com/articles/villanova-georgetown-top-big-east-preseason-poll-kris-dunn-jalen-brunson-garner-preseason-honors/)

Not too surprising here - Villanova is picked to win the Big East; Georgetown and Butler got the other 1st-place votes.

Xavier was picked 4th this season; Jalen Reynolds is also a 1st-team selection (with Trevon Bluiett honorable mention).

BMoreX
10-14-2015, 09:01 AM
@slrussell: This year the Big East men's tourney championship will be shown nationally on FOX, not FS1, per commissioner Val Ackerman.

Muskie
10-14-2015, 09:03 AM
@slrussell: This year the Big East men's tourney championship will be shown nationally on FOX, not FS1, per commissioner Val Ackerman.

That's AWESOME

GoMuskies
10-14-2015, 09:06 AM
I plan to be in the building cheering on the Muskies. So I guess it's exciting that I will be seen acting like (being) a drunken asshole on Fox instead of just on FS1.

fellahmuskie
10-14-2015, 10:12 AM
Farr said he deleted his Uber account because of Stainbrook...and will only be using Lyft and other taxi services in the future. Anybody have more details? Where is ESPN reporting when you need it?!!

X-Fan
10-14-2015, 03:00 PM
Not to read too much into the various Pre-Season Teams, but I think this is perfect added motivation for guys like Myles, JP, and even Gates. Dudes that we all know have tons of talent, but are getting overlooked.

I cannot wait for this season to start!

Go X!!!!

sirthought
10-14-2015, 03:18 PM

Incredible news! That's how it should work!

XUMIOH12
10-14-2015, 03:43 PM

I love this. Much better exposure for that game.

bobbiemcgee
10-16-2015, 01:36 PM
"We ’re humbled colleagues have voted us No. 1, and I have a great respect for those guys, but I’ve started questioning their basketball acumen a little bit," Wright said. "We lost three great players. We have a great team, we have a chance, but I think Xavier, Butler, Georgetown -- this league, there’s a lot of teams that could win.”

bobbiemcgee
10-16-2015, 01:49 PM
http://www.bigeastcoastbias.com/2015/10/15/9537221/2015-big-east-media-day-xavier-musketeers-recap-quotes-notes-chris-mack/in/9299734

D-West & PO-Z
10-16-2015, 03:05 PM
"We ’re humbled colleagues have voted us No. 1, and I have a great respect for those guys, but I’ve started questioning their basketball acumen a little bit," Wright said. "We lost three great players. We have a great team, we have a chance, but I think Xavier, Butler, Georgetown -- this league, there’s a lot of teams that could win.”

Trying to decrease expectations a little there, eh?

X-band '01
10-27-2015, 02:31 PM
Here is how the writers at CBSSports.com picked the Big East this year:

CBSSports.com Big East Predictions (http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/25354005/-16-big-east-predictions-respect-to-villanova-which-is-elite-again)

Villanova was a consensus #1 - no surprise here.

Xavier averaged #3 among the 7-man panel; Jerry Palm actually had Xavier #2 and Doug Gottlieb had Xavier #5. Most of them had Georgetown #2, Xavier #3 and Butler #4. Providence/Kris Dunn was #5 and Marquette #6 with their incoming freshmen.

Little surprising that Creighton was picked #7, but Seton Hall was skewed a bit by one of the writers picking them last (which is saying something considering you have DePaul and St. John's starting from square one).

xukeith
10-27-2015, 04:21 PM
Whoever wrote about XU's coaches; Stack - Mack, wrote that Brian Grant played for Prosser. So someone dropped the ball there. Not to be nit picky.

paulxu
10-27-2015, 04:45 PM
Props for the "Justified" reference. One of my favorite shows.

XUFan09
10-27-2015, 05:06 PM
Creighton has some fantastic transfers and recruits coming in. #7 is not a surprise. DePaul still has Billy Garrett, plus Dave Leitao should be a better coach than Oliver Purnell. I think DePaul will surprise this year, and by surprise, I mean "not absolutely suck." With how bad chemistry issues were last year, someone picking Seton Hall last is not crazy. I would put them 9th.

xubrew
11-04-2015, 09:54 PM
Okay, I realize that you can't take too much away from exhibition games, but just how bad is Saint John's?? I mean....HOLY CRAP!!! To lose by thirty to a div2 team is....pretty awful. That's like Fordham level awful. Well, maybe not that bad, but it's bad.

They were picked to finish tenth. After watching them tonight, I still think that's too high. Even though there are only ten teams in the league, they may come in 12th.

GoMuskies
11-04-2015, 10:24 PM
This is great news for DePaul!

casualfan
11-05-2015, 07:58 AM
Okay, I realize that you can't take too much away from exhibition games, but just how bad is Saint John's?? I mean....HOLY CRAP!!! To lose by thirty to a div2 team is....pretty awful. That's like Fordham level awful. Well, maybe not that bad, but it's bad.

They were picked to finish tenth. After watching them tonight, I still think that's too high. Even though there are only ten teams in the league, they may come in 12th.

I watched that game. St. John's is trash. They had 27 turnovers. 27!

You turn it over 27 times, hit 23% on 26 three point attempts and get outrebounded you're going to lose.

Their opponent took 26 more shots than them.

Gonna be a long year for the Johnnies.

X-band '01
11-05-2015, 08:17 AM
Their game at Fordham looks a lot scarier now for the conference.

Xville
11-05-2015, 08:27 AM
yeah they are going to be pretty bad this year. The most important thing for them will be to hold on to the freshmen and not have them transfer after what appears to be a very long season ahead. Keeping Ponds committed will also be important. They have zero upperclassmen talent that are any good so that's just going to kill them.

XUFan09
11-05-2015, 09:15 AM
Yeah, I liken it to Xavier's 2012-2013 season...without Semaj Christon and Travis Taylor. Plus, at least that Xavier team had a successful coach. The jury is still out on Mullins, and no matter what, he's still brand-new to coaching.

waggy
12-17-2015, 10:23 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeU_fOregfk&list=PLMx57zlDR3iGsXHcF7MKqc9I0w4zgU6wY&index=14

I watched a few of these on the BE youtube site. Some pretty funny stuff.