PDA

View Full Version : Nashville Recommendations?

xucub
10-11-2015, 10:22 AM
Wife and I will be heading to Nashville for about 4 days. Besides Grand Old Opry and Bluebird Cafe, anybody have any recommendations for daytime activities? Restaurants? Night Life? Thanks in advance

94GRAD
10-11-2015, 10:29 AM
Do a Hollar an a Swaller at Tootsies

X-man
10-11-2015, 12:00 PM
Get thee to the Ryman for a real sense of the Opry.

Pluto
10-11-2015, 03:07 PM
Monell's for brunch
Hattie B's for hot chicken.

xu82
10-11-2015, 05:33 PM
Just finished watching Bills at Titans in Nashville. (Go Bills!) My son lives here and my wife gets here for work quite often. Check out Bourbon Street Blues and Boogie on Printers Alley. Also walk or drive the Vanderbilt and Belmont campuses. Beautiful. Broadway is a main entertainment drag and has honky tonk bars (and also even some good music) up and down both sides. Great small city that's large enough to carry NFL and NHL teams. Check out the Predators schedule. There are a lot of cool little walkable areas with restaurants and bars all over town.

Xtemporaneous
10-11-2015, 07:37 PM
My old stomping grounds! Check out music row and have lunch up there (near Vandy's campus). You may see a couple of music people dining there.

Definitely do Broadway. That' place has changed so much since I left in '97 that it's amazing.

Oh and there's a great restaurant near the Belmont campus called Taco Mamasita that you should try. And there's a brunch place near the start of the Natchez Trace that Johnny Cash used to frequent. Can't remember the name though.

Have fun!

Strange Brew
10-11-2015, 08:26 PM
Get thee to the Ryman for a real sense of the Opry.

Yes. The Ryman is a great experience.

Oh my, did X-man and I agree on something?? :)

Hit up the Tin Roof and the Parthenon if you head over by Vandy.

outsideobserver11
10-12-2015, 10:02 AM
Had my Bachelor Party there, wish I could tell you what we did but I have no complete memories of the weekend.

X-man
10-12-2015, 10:13 AM
Yes. The Ryman is a great experience.

Oh my, did X-man and I agree on something?? :)

Hit up the Tin Roof and the Parthenon if you head over by Vandy.
That's it. If SB likes the Ryman, I am revising my opinion.....of the Ryman.

Xville
10-12-2015, 11:29 AM
http://theacmenashville.com/

this is a really cool spot way down broadway...first floor is the restaurant...second and i believe third ? floor is an upscale sports bar kind of feel. Then there is a rooftop, which if the weather is decent is really cool...usually have a live band playing and there are a couple of bars up there. Neat setting and not something you always see in one spot.

LutherRackleyRulez
10-12-2015, 11:54 PM
American Pickers Nashville store....

http://www.antiquearchaeology.com/locations.php

Best of Nashville....2014......

http://www.nashvillescene.com/nashville/best-of-nashville-2014/BestOf?oid=4701338

ammtd34
10-13-2015, 11:06 AM
I enjoyed Layla's on Broadway when I was there last summer. I went 2 nights in a row. I'm not a fan of modern country music, which seemed hard to get away from, but Layla's had some live, old school, electric rockabilly stuff every night.