PDA

View Full Version : Xu 2 ipfw 0

GIMMFD
09-22-2015, 08:20 PM
1st minute of the game against IPFW tonight - Ridsdale
http://t.co/iM6emxZY6P

And 17th Minute, Vasquenza finish
https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CPjKNNeWwAAdmzI.mp4

The boys have now won 4 in a row, and are at a record of 6-2, about to start Big East play soon. I have a good feeling about this team, great mix of experience and depth, they could make splashes in the NCAA Tournament if they do well in the Big East!

muskiefan82
09-22-2015, 10:59 PM
That bicycle kick goal was sick.

bleedXblue
09-23-2015, 06:34 AM
Should be on SportsCenter......

ammtd34
09-23-2015, 07:21 AM

It was #6 last night. Great goal.

ArizonaXUGrad
09-23-2015, 11:08 AM
Would have been goal of the day had Lewandowski not taken a volley out of the air for a rocket shot for his 5th of Bayern's match. Despite winning on the road at ND and over Bucknell this team is not ranked. They seem to have found a goalie in Dallas Jaye, if they get Vasquenza going this team should be really good.

GIMMFD
09-23-2015, 11:56 AM
Would have been goal of the day had Lewandowski not taken a volley out of the air for a rocket shot for his 5th of Bayern's match. Despite winning on the road at ND and over Bucknell this team is not ranked. They seem to have found a goalie in Dallas Jaye, if they get Vasquenza going this team should be really good.

Just outside the top 25 in the NCSAA, and I think like 19th in the Top Drawer poll, they'll be ranked if they continue to play well in the Big East tournament.

ArizonaXUGrad
09-23-2015, 01:21 PM
Soccer is a weird game, you can easily out play your opponent in possession and shots and still lose from counters.

Just outside the top 25 in the NCSAA, and I think like 19th in the Top Drawer poll, they'll be ranked if they continue to play well in the Big East tournament.

GIMMFD
09-23-2015, 01:55 PM
Soccer is a weird game, you can easily out play your opponent in possession and shots and still lose from counters.

It makes every match-up interesting though, it's definitely a game of chances. Whoever converts their chances, wins.

Masterofreality
09-24-2015, 06:00 AM

Sportscenter Producer Tom DeCorte (X grad) is getting it done for X soccer. That was a sick goal.

bleedXblue
09-24-2015, 01:16 PM

Total joke the way the polls are working. ND loses at home to a pre season Top 10 team 2-1 and drops from #2 to #14? X beats #2 on the road and doesn't hop back in? Are you kidding me? I know their only polls, but it makes zero sense.

ArizonaXUGrad
09-24-2015, 01:49 PM
I think it has more to do that Lipscomb is not a good team and VT was just hot when they came to Cincy. Those were two bad losses. Team needs to get it done in the BE and finish in the top 4 and they will be fine. Creighton is rolling through, G'Town is good, and Providence is right there. I think if XU is at least top 4 in the conference and wins a one or two games in the tourney they will get a Tourney spot.

Total joke the way the polls are working. ND loses at home to a pre season Top 10 team 2-1 and drops from #2 to #14? X beats #2 on the road and doesn't hop back in? Are you kidding me? I know their only polls, but it makes zero sense.

bleedXblue
09-24-2015, 02:09 PM
I think it has more to do that Lipscomb is not a good team and VT was just hot when they came to Cincy. Those were two bad losses. Team needs to get it done in the BE and finish in the top 4 and they will be fine. Creighton is rolling through, G'Town is good, and Providence is right there. I think if XU is at least top 4 in the conference and wins a one or two games in the tourney they will get a Tourney spot.

Yeah, Lipscomb was bad loss, but VT is 4-2 and has played 3 top 20 teams. They look to be pretty strong.