PDA

View Full Version : Bengals 2015

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

paulxu
08-24-2015, 08:07 PM
I don't think Chucky likes my football team.

xu82
08-24-2015, 08:21 PM
I don't think Chucky likes my football team.

That may be a good sign for you.

bjf123
08-24-2015, 08:44 PM
They seem to be in playoff form.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

muskiefan82
08-24-2015, 10:58 PM
They seem to be in playoff form.

Monday night form, actually

waggy
08-24-2015, 11:25 PM
I guess no one got hurt so that's good, but not a very encouraging outing.

Kahns Krazy
08-25-2015, 11:16 AM
AJ needs to figure out that hands thing. The O line looked like swiss cheese. Dalton needs to either figure out the touch on the ball over the middle or stop throwing it.

Nobody hurt is good, though that pass to Eifert near the goal line scared the crap out of me.

bigdiggins
08-25-2015, 11:57 AM
To quote an Asian groundskeeper: "they're still shitty."

muskiefan82
08-25-2015, 12:06 PM
So what happens if all the other teams in the AFC North are better, the schedule overall has better teams on it, and the Bengals go 6-10? Will all that has happened over the past few seasons mean nothing and will the "fans" all be calling for Mike Brown to step down and for Marvin Lewis to be fired?

I think we will. I also see this as a legitimate likelihood.

bleedXblue
08-26-2015, 07:00 AM
So what happens if all the other teams in the AFC North are better, the schedule overall has better teams on it, and the Bengals go 6-10? Will all that has happened over the past few seasons mean nothing and will the "fans" all be calling for Mike Brown to step down and for Marvin Lewis to be fired?

I think we will. I also see this as a legitimate likelihood.

I agree. Tough schedule to say the least to begin with. A team and coaching staff that at times completely baffles even themselves when the spotlight is on.

They looked to me on Monday to be a team that's been listening to what the media and prognosticators have been saying........instead of being focused and ready for the task at hand.

Yes, only the preseason and no one got hurt.........but at the same time a very typical performance over Lewis' tenure.

Kahns Krazy
08-30-2015, 10:32 AM
D looked good again last night. Hard to figure. I'd say it's still just practice football and you can't really tell anything.

The offense struggled to punch it in from 2 yards out, which I find troubling. It would be nice if we had a play other than run it up the gut. Hopefully we're just not showing it in the preseason.

What was with that one play with the crazy line that Andy wound up running?

D-West & PO-Z
08-30-2015, 11:22 AM
D looked good again last night. Hard to figure. I'd say it's still just practice football and you can't really tell anything.

The offense struggled to punch it in from 2 yards out, which I find troubling. It would be nice if we had a play other than run it up the gut. Hopefully we're just not showing it in the preseason.

What was with that one play with the crazy line that Andy wound up running?

The NFL is so popular that all these preseason games get so much air time and analyzed so much that you start to think they actually mean something. But when you think about it if a guy has any tweak of minor discomfort he isnt playing, coaches arent really game planning for the team they are playing, they arent really doing anything more than a vanilla playbook, etc. My opinion is these games dont really show much and you cant take much from them.

Of course Im hoping this as well given my Giants have been pretty piss poor but I really think it is true.

waggy
08-30-2015, 11:47 AM
I like the #2 quarterback....

xu82
08-30-2015, 03:41 PM
On the positive side..... Steelers D looked abysmal yesterday. Now you just need to suck less.

bobbiemcgee
08-31-2015, 04:06 PM
I like the #2 quarterback....

http://cdn-jpg.si.com/sites/default/files/styles/inline_gallery_desktop/public/images/Katherine-Webb-080.jpg?itok=qcFJamhQ

His wife would be my #1 pick for the who dey ladies.

DoubleD86
09-01-2015, 12:03 PM
The NFL is so popular that all these preseason games get so much air time and analyzed so much that you start to think they actually mean something. But when you think about it if a guy has any tweak of minor discomfort he isnt playing, coaches arent really game planning for the team they are playing, they arent really doing anything more than a vanilla playbook, etc. My opinion is these games dont really show much and you cant take much from them.

Of course Im hoping this as well given my Giants have been pretty piss poor but I really think it is true.

This, this, this. So very much this.

Go back and look at playoff teams and Super Bowl teams over the past decade. There is absolutely no consistency or evidence to think that pre-season performance or results correlate to any Regular Season or Playoff success.

Don't get me wrong, I would have preferred the Bengals looked great in every game they have played (and they seemed to look good in the 1st and 3rd, I didn't really watch any of them) but it just doesn't matter. No one has gotten hurt, and that is all I care about in the pre-season.

Maybe I am dumb for getting fooled again, but when I look at this Bengals roster I see a team that should (pretty easily in my opinion) make the playoffs and probably win the Division. I also see *gulp* a Super Bowl contender. As always, the success in the playoffs will heavily rely on whether or not Bad Dalton shows up.

waggy
09-01-2015, 12:06 PM
Dalton is an average, or slightly above average qb, but I don't think the playoff losses are on him. The offensive line has not won the line of scrimmage. Any comparisons of Whitworth to Munoz should end with they both play LT for the Bengals.

Kahns Krazy
09-01-2015, 12:47 PM
I think the playoff success has more to do with staying healthy. The injury report by the end of last season was a pretty good team with Burfict, Gresham, Eifert, AJ and Jones out. Gio was the #1 target in the playoff game, followed by Hewitt and Burkhead. We are not going to win a playoff game this year with that lineup either.

DoubleD86
09-02-2015, 10:40 AM
I think the playoff success has more to do with staying healthy. The injury report by the end of last season was a pretty good team with Burfict, Gresham, Eifert, AJ and Jones out. Gio was the #1 target in the playoff game, followed by Hewitt and Burkhead. We are not going to win a playoff game this year with that lineup either.

Agreed. If the major players can stay healthy, I really feel like this Bengals team can do something pretty special. Not to say they will win the Super Bowl, but they can win a playoff game and maybe make a run.

RealDeal
09-02-2015, 10:55 AM
I'll believe Andy and Marvin can win a playoff game when they do so.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/cin/playoffs.htm

waggy
09-02-2015, 02:10 PM
All there is on McCarron so far is one meaningless preseason game, so obviously not near enough of a sample size. But reading his different quotes, it seems like his comfort level with the speed of the NFL game is already superior to Dalton's.

Kahns Krazy
09-13-2015, 07:38 PM
We need to play Oakland more. The Bengals looked good.

Andy with 269 yards 2td's, no picks and no sacks. Defense looked good. Should have been 3 TD's if our $60million receiver could catch a ball when it hits him in the hands.

Adam Jones might be sitting out for a week for his head bashing in the skirmish.

Who Dey Baby! First place all alone!

bobbiemcgee
09-13-2015, 09:47 PM
They played like we all think they should play every game. Glad to get rid of the Black hole jinx. Eifert could be the missing link.

DoubleD86
09-14-2015, 10:53 AM
They played like we all think they should play every game. Glad to get rid of the Black hole jinx. Eifert could be the missing link.

I think people underestimated how much talent and impact were lost last year with Eifert (and to a lesser extent Marvin Jones) missing most of the year. The Bengals played without their #1 TE and #2 WR and still had one of the better seasons and a strong offense. If they stay healthy, they have the talent and the depth on both sides of the ball to be a top 5 team in the NFL.

THRILLHOUSE
09-14-2015, 11:41 AM
I think people underestimated how much talent and impact were lost last year with Eifert (and to a lesser extent Marvin Jones) missing most of the year. The Bengals played without their #1 TE and #2 WR and still had one of the better seasons and a strong offense. If they stay healthy, they have the talent and the depth on both sides of the ball to be a top 5 team in the NFL.

Plus, AJ Green missed 3 regular season games and of course the playoff game. So last year, they handled injury adversary pretty well. Of course, hopefully this year they won't have so many major injuries.

muskiefan82
09-14-2015, 12:10 PM
They need to avoid bonehead penalties (taunting) and the very surely to come suspension for Pacman Jones. (STUPID)

THRILLHOUSE
09-14-2015, 12:19 PM
They need to avoid bonehead penalties (taunting) and the very surely to come suspension for Pacman Jones. (STUPID)

Pacman is just getting a fine, no suspension. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/14/adam-jones-wont-be-suspended-for-slamming-amari-coopers-head/

muskiefan82
09-14-2015, 12:22 PM
Pacman is just getting a fine, no suspension. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/14/adam-jones-wont-be-suspended-for-slamming-amari-coopers-head/

That is one lucky dude given his history. Wonder if Goodell's history of getting overturned helped with this one.

XU Cowbell Kid
09-14-2015, 02:10 PM
Plus, AJ Green missed 3 regular season games and of course the playoff game. So last year, they handled injury adversary pretty well. Of course, hopefully this year they won't have so many major injuries.

When you look at the injuries from last year, it is actually really impressive how many games the Bengals won...

Vontaze Burfict - Starting LB - missed 11 games, wasn't 100% in the other 5. Missed playoff game.
Tyler Eifert - Starting TE - missed final 15 games after being injured early in 1st game, missed playoff game.
AJ Green - Starting WR (#1) missed 3 games mid-season, final game of season, and playoff game.
Marvin Jones - Starting WR (#2) - missed entire season, playoff game.
Andre Smith - Starting OT - missed 8 of last 9 games, playoff game.
Jermaine Gresham - other starting TE - missed final game of season, playoff game.
Alex Smith - Backup TE to Eifert - missed 14 games, playoff game.
James Wright - Back-up WR to Green/Jones - missed final 5 games of season, playoff game.
Dane Sanzenbacher - Back-up WR to Green/Jones - missed final game of season, playoff game.
Rey Maualuga - Backup LB to Burfict - missed 4 games midseason.

So at some points, the Bengals were missing 4 of their top 5 or 6 receivers (arguable whether James Wright/Dane Sanzenbacher are better than Greg Little), their top three tight ends, a cornerstone of the offensive line, and their pro-bowl linebacker (whose backup was injured 25% of year as well). I can't imagine many teams winning 10 games with that much talent on the bench.

I know you need depth to get past injuries in all sports and it is part of the game, but last year was ridiculous.

Muskie in dayton
09-14-2015, 05:31 PM

They also need to figure out how to get the right personnel packages on the field on-time. They took all 6 time outs to prevent penalties related to that. I'm surprised more hasn't been made of that. That can lose a game if you're playing a team other than Oakland.

paulxu
09-20-2015, 08:33 PM
Hah! One of my football teams won a game. Excellent.

bobbiemcgee
09-20-2015, 08:48 PM
Turnovers were a problem but they beat a very good Team imho. The guy playing for Burfict had a great game.

X-band '01
09-21-2015, 07:16 AM

Didn't anyone tell the Ravens or Dolphins to avoid bonehead penalties in crunch time? If Cincy can win at Baltimore next week, it's going to be a long season for the Ravens. I know DC Muskie and the whole Browns cabal will be just crushed.

bleedXblue
09-21-2015, 08:45 AM
They need the W's with the looming schedule. I say 3-3 at the break is still pretty good. 4-2 would be awesome.

bleedXblue
09-27-2015, 01:33 PM
Marvin Lewis might one of the worst in game coaches in the league. Should be 17-0 at half. Horrible use of time outs at the end of the half. Holy.......the defense is playing great and no turnovers are huge.

bjf123
09-27-2015, 02:07 PM
Always been horrible at clock management.

paulxu
09-27-2015, 03:25 PM
But a W.

Xavgrad08
09-27-2015, 04:19 PM
AJ Green was an absolute beast. Dalton stepped up when he needed to. That fumble was a killer, but the team rebounded nicely. I will take a 3-0 start any day.

xavierj
09-27-2015, 04:31 PM
Marvin went for it on 4th and goal and it should have been a TD. Good for him. Dalton has been a freaking beast so far. Nothing to complain about in my opinion. They are one of the best teams in the NFL. On to the next.

D-West & PO-Z
09-27-2015, 04:54 PM
I've never cheered so hard for the Bengals in my life. I had them as my top pick in my confidence pool against the spread. They almost blew it but way to come back and score twice after losing the lead twice.

They seem to be set up nicely to win the division with the Browns sucking, the Ravens 0-3, and Big Ben being hurt. Anyone heard about the severity of his injury?

XU Cowbell Kid
09-27-2015, 05:10 PM
Marvin went for it on 4th and goal and it should have been a TD. Good for him. Dalton has been a freaking beast so far. Nothing to complain about in my opinion. They are one of the best teams in the NFL. On to the next.

I still don't understand that rule. This likely won't get the same amount of press as it did with Calvin Johnson or Dez Bryant, but there is something that just isn't right about that rule. Everything in your gut says it is a touchdown. Today's situation was a little bit different because the ground didn't cause the ball to come out, but the defender did. If you take four steps with the ball and then extend your arm out (a football move?), it should be a completed pass. I thought at first that they were arguing it should be a fumble. There was no part of me that ever thought incomplete.

bleedXblue
09-27-2015, 06:23 PM
Always been horrible at clock management.

And where it really hurts is in close games and at crunch time during the playoffs. I just don't understand why it's so damn hard. Today's pre-halftime display was one of his worst. Yes, in the end a "W", but it's a real weakness that will cost them an important game at some point.

nuts4xu
09-28-2015, 08:23 AM
who dey!!!

boozehound
09-28-2015, 08:59 AM
That was a heck of a game. Several great drives late in the game, on the road, to seal it. I loved the way Andy bounced back after that fumble. Run defense is looking much better. Tackling could still use some work, especially from the LB's and DB's. Things are shaping up nicely for another playoff run. As long as we can stay healthy, we should be a very good team. If we actually get Burfict back mid-season we could be a great team.

XU 87
09-28-2015, 09:15 AM
Marvin Lewis might one of the worst in game coaches in the league. Should be 17-0 at half. Horrible use of time outs at the end of the half. Holy.......the defense is playing great and no turnovers are huge.

I think Marvin is a near miracle worker for being instrumental in turning around this dysfunctional organization. That said, his clock management over the years has been pretty bad at times, including not calling the time out with 26 seconds to go in the first half yesterday.

bjf123
09-28-2015, 11:57 AM
I think Marvin is a near miracle worker for being instrumental in turning around this dysfunctional organization. That said, his clock management over the years has been pretty bad at times, including not calling the time out with 26 seconds to go in the first half yesterday.

And then in the 3rd quarter taking a delay of game penalty coming out of a time out taken to avoid a delay of game penalty. How the heck do you do that!

bleedXblue
09-28-2015, 12:04 PM
Most good organizations figure out how to minimize/eliminate their weaknesses. Lewis has proved to be strong in many areas....but not management of the clock. He's an unmitigated disaster. Can't they turn it over to one of the assistants? Hugh Jackson?

waggy
09-28-2015, 12:23 PM
Rick Pitino?

muskiefan82
09-28-2015, 12:49 PM
Butler has a clock guy.

GoMuskies
09-28-2015, 01:43 PM
Rick Pitino?

NFL play clock lasts too long for Pitino.

bobbiemcgee
09-28-2015, 04:25 PM
and, btw, this IS a Touchdown!

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2015/9/27/9405291/tyler-eifert-scores-td-according-to-everyone-but-the-nfl

boozehound
09-29-2015, 11:01 AM
and, btw, this IS a Touchdown!

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2015/9/27/9405291/tyler-eifert-scores-td-according-to-everyone-but-the-nfl

I thought the same thing. He caught the ball, got both feet down, turned, and crossed the plane.

D-West & PO-Z
09-29-2015, 11:03 AM
Kind of like the UD situation in a sense that according to the rule I dont think the refs got it wrong it just might be a dumb rule.

Juice
09-29-2015, 11:07 AM
Kind of like the UD situation in a sense that according to the rule I dont think the refs got it wrong it just might be a dumb rule.

That's my understand as well.

waggy
09-30-2015, 03:57 PM
Ken Zampese's wife fighting cancer. http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Beating-the-blitz/6f680452-b52f-436b-a2ad-936e27d00634

Smooth
09-30-2015, 08:35 PM
Tackling could still use some work, especially from the LB's and DB's.

I realize that Leon Hall has had a couple of serious injuries and he's getting old in football terms but, wow, he missed a ton of tackles. Granted just about every Bengal missed a tackle on Smith, even though everyone knew he was going to get the ball. To me, Hall looked to be the worst of the bunch.

As far as Marvin's clock management - it's historically horrible. At this point Dalton (or Whitworth) should call the TO on their own. I've corrected my bosses mistakes before. Who hasn't?

paulxu
10-03-2015, 09:18 AM
Hope springs eternal.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2574003-cincinnati-bengals-andy-dalton-wont-fold-in-the-playoffs-this-year

Keep on keeping on.

Kahns Krazy
10-03-2015, 10:16 AM
With Baltimore knocking off Shittsburgh, the Bengals have a chance to go up 2 games on the whole division in week 4. If they are going to hold themselves out as a contender this year, they need to take advantage of opportunities like this.

C'mon good Andy.

bobbiemcgee
10-03-2015, 02:15 PM
It's hard work being a Bengals fan. Kinda like Lucy pulling that football every year.... :blink::blink:but Andy does look like he has some grit this yr.

Kahns Krazy
10-04-2015, 04:18 PM
4 games. 9 pass touchdowns. 1 rush touchdown. 1 pick. 2 sacks. 1,280+ yards. Passer rating 120+.

Who is this guy in Andy Dalton's jersey?

waggy
10-04-2015, 04:54 PM
Dalton making great decisions and throwing the ball with accuracy.

About the only negative right now is the health of the secondary.

paulxu
10-04-2015, 05:21 PM
My American Football team is doing well. Next week seaeaglets.

Also second team (Panthers) is showing up for the Carolinas. Well...at least until they play the Falcons.
They get seaeaglets after a by week.

Also, what the hell is with this?

David Newton
ESPN Staff Writer
Panthers cornerback Josh Norman asked a league official before Sunday's game if he could pretend to ride the football like a horse to celebrate a touchdown. He says the league official said "fine." The officials today penalized Norman for his celebration after a first-quarter pick-six. A fine could be coming

It's like that old joke about asking a ref if you could be penalized for what you were thinking.

bleedXblue
10-05-2015, 07:02 AM
4-0? Are you kidding me? Love the offense and all of our weapons. The defense has me concerned. Giving up lots of big passing plays and the secondary which was once a strength, looks vulnerable.

Dalton is playing great. Gotta give him props. He very clearly is the difference this year.

nuts4xu
10-05-2015, 09:12 AM
First 4-0 start for the Bengals in 10 years, and only the fourth 4-0 start in franchise history.

I like our chances to go into the bye week at 6-0. The Seahawks are 0-2 on the road this season, and the Bills look very beatable.

Gotta stay healthy.

Cheesehead
10-05-2015, 11:38 AM
Go Pack Go!

boozehound
10-06-2015, 05:44 PM
4-0? Are you kidding me? Love the offense and all of our weapons. The defense has me concerned. Giving up lots of big passing plays and the secondary which was once a strength, looks vulnerable.

Dalton is playing great. Gotta give him props. He very clearly is the difference this year.

Agreed. Hopefully we can get healthy fast. Is Dennard still hurt, or just not playing?

I really hope this year doesn't go the way of last season, with the entire team getting hurt. If we stay healthy I think we could make a playoff run.

xavierj
10-06-2015, 05:54 PM
Agreed. Hopefully we can get healthy fast. Is Dennard still hurt, or just not playing?

I really hope this year doesn't go the way of last season, with the entire team getting hurt. If we stay healthy I think we could make a playoff run.

The Bengals are really healthy for an NFL team through 4 games. No significant injuries and Dennard played the whole second half Sunday.

bobbiemcgee
10-06-2015, 09:56 PM
....and the Seattle game is sold out. i think Dennard came in for somebody else who got hurt.

Juice
10-07-2015, 02:27 AM
....and the Seattle game is sold out. i think Dennard came in for somebody else who got hurt.

Pacman I think.

XU-PA
10-07-2015, 05:29 AM
Without a doubt, my new favorite Bengal of all time. Gio Bernard

"As a North Carolina guy, what do you think of people from Duke, like Vinny Rey?" Doc asked.

"They smell weird."

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2015/10/07/true-life-gio-next-lifetime-movie/73496416/

XU Cowbell Kid
10-07-2015, 11:22 AM
Pacman I think.

Ummm... his name is Adam Jones now. Gosh. :wink:

D-West & PO-Z
10-07-2015, 11:24 AM
Ummm... his name is Adam Jones now. Gosh. :wink:

You only get to pick a nickname once and then you are stuck with it, even if you want to just be called by your regular name. Hootie trying to go by Darius Rucker now? Get that shit out of here Hootie. You picked the name, you are stuck with it. Same goes for Pacman.

X-band '01
10-07-2015, 11:33 AM
Galaga and Gorf would also work.

waggy
10-11-2015, 04:00 PM
Great comeback. When they went down 17 they looked dead and like the old Bengals.

The run defense is very concerning. But they're never out of a game with the offense playing like this. I don't see Sims name in the box score. He might help against the run, but not sure who he subs in for.

Too bad about the hold call on Whitworth. That play by Dalton-Green was a thing of beauty.

paulxu
10-11-2015, 04:12 PM
Go Bengals!
(yes, very impressive to comeback when down so far.)

Xtemporaneous
10-11-2015, 07:38 PM
Just imagine if they had a healthy Vontaze Burfict in the linebacker corps.

bobbiemcgee
10-11-2015, 10:55 PM
Rey has done a nice job.

XU-PA
10-12-2015, 05:29 AM
Rey has done a nice job.

Quite the understatement. quietly is is the leader on defense, leading in tackles, and it's not even close! It will be interesting to see what happens when/if Burfict does return.

bleedXblue
10-12-2015, 07:02 AM
Quite the understatement. quietly is is the leader on defense, leading in tackles, and it's not even close! It will be interesting to see what happens when/if Burfict does return.

Just makes it easier to work him back in gradually. Rey has played great and they will find a spot for him regardless.

bleedXblue
10-12-2015, 07:03 AM
5-0 are you kidding me?

D-West & PO-Z
10-12-2015, 11:31 AM
Burfict had a pretty terrible knee injury didnt he? Was it patellar tendon? Cant remember but I know it will be a tough injury to come back from and be the same player, Victor Cruz faces that as well. Even if they can get 75% of him though it would be a bonus.

bobbiemcgee
10-12-2015, 01:02 PM
He had a "scope" which apparently didn't work, then microfracture surgery in Jan. Timetable is to practice after the break and play against the Squealers. We'll see.

paulxu
10-13-2015, 08:48 AM
No comment.

Steve Spurrier may be remembered for his college tenure, but he left an imprint on Cincinnati's NFL team. Current Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis, and coordinators Hue Jackson and Paul Guenther were on Spurrier's staffs during his two-year stint in the NFL in Washington.

waggy
10-13-2015, 05:05 PM
Domata sportin some X sweats.

http://prod.images.bengals.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/BENGALS/assets/images/imported/CIN/photos/clubimages/2015/10-October/tempIMG_3515--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG?width=960&height=720

xu82
10-13-2015, 07:28 PM
Take the Bengals. Bills QB most likely out with MCL, as well as all the other skill guys on offense. Bills D will have to score more than the Bengals to win this one. (Unless you're an EJ Manuel believer.)

waggy
10-13-2015, 08:16 PM
Hmm. Taylor finished the game against the Titans..

Hope the Bills aren't playing games. The official injury report isn't due 'til Thursday, correct?

xu82
10-13-2015, 08:45 PM
Hmm. Taylor finished the game against the Titans..

Hope the Bills aren't playing games. The official injury report isn't due 'til Thursday, correct?

They did sign Josh Johnson, but of course they all lie. (But none better than the Pats***)

waggy
10-13-2015, 08:48 PM
Josh Johnson has a nice little career of flying to a different city every week to play back up NFL QB.

xu82
10-13-2015, 08:53 PM
Josh Johnson has a nice little career of flying to a different city every week to play back up NFL QB.

I can do that! And he gets some nice miles to fly around all off-season. Sweet deal! (Those clip boards aren't that heavy.)

waggy
10-15-2015, 04:50 PM
“There’s something brewing. There’s something going on,” Kirkpatrick said this week. “This is a different team. I haven’t played on this team. This is my first time playing on this team. It’s not like the other teams. I don’t know what it is. So many people can say a lot different things about what it is, but I just know it’s a different team. It’s a different environment . We bonded. And the bond has grown over the four years I’ve been here. I just see something great happening now.”

bobbiemcgee
10-19-2015, 10:20 AM
"You take away this guy, you take away that guy", Ryan said, "Well, then the other dude beats you".

THRILLHOUSE
10-19-2015, 10:26 AM
"You take away this guy, you take away that guy", Ryan said, "then the other dude beats you".

Yeah, especially in the Red Zone. So many options for Dalton to go to.

waggy
10-19-2015, 10:47 AM
It's looking like it'll be the Pats, Steelers, Broncos, Bengals, and possibly the Colts vying for the AFC championship. So the Steelers will be a true litmus test.

D-West & PO-Z
10-19-2015, 11:12 AM
It's looking like it'll be the Pats, Steelers, Broncos, Bengals, and possibly the Colts vying for the AFC championship. So the Steelers will be a true litmus test.

I'd say Jets look better than the Colts (especially given they beat them) but the Jets will get their first real big test against the Pats next week. That will shed light on the Jets being for real or not.

waggy
10-19-2015, 11:26 AM
Agreed. The Colts have to be in the conversation simply because they win the AFC south by default.

waggy
10-19-2015, 04:24 PM
Some good stuff from Dan Hoard's blog regarding Dalton's improved play:

Hue On Boos

Last week, Sports Illustrated’s Peter King wrote an interesting story about Andy Dalton that quoted Hue Jackson saying that being booed at a celebrity softball game during MLB All-Star Weekend was a turning point in Dalton’s career.

It’s the first time that I had ever heard that suggested, so I followed up with Jackson this week and asked him why he felt that way.

“I talked to Andy after it happened and I know that it disappointed him,” said Jackson. “In our conversation it turned into some of the things that had been said about him, and I could tell that he was disappointed about it and it hurt him a little bit. I said, ‘We don’t want that to happen again. How can we stop this slide from going that way? There’s only one way. You’ve got to win and you’ve got to play good.’ So it just reinforced what we were trying to do. We set out this season to have him become the best quarterback he’s ever been. The conversation was, ‘How much more can you do? How much more are you willing to do? How much more of a price are you willing to pay so that these things don’t happen to you anymore?’ That’s where I think that it really started to turn for him.”

Don’t Forget Zampese

While Jackson and Dalton has been receiving well-deserved praise during the team’s 5-0 start, don’t forget about the impact of quarterbacks coach Ken Zampese.

He’s the only QB coach that Dalton has had in the NFL and he’s put in countless hours in helping Andy refine his mechanics, read defenses, and handle the demands of the position.

Zampese says that Dalton is working harder than ever and that’s translated to his play on the field.

“Andy came in in 2011 without a spring (training camp) and spoke the language immediately which said that we were absolutely correct on his level of accountability and how much it means to him,” said Zampese. “Then after four years, it was a matter of realizing that we needed to do something different if we wanted to have different results. Those are huge character plusses in his favor because there had been a certain level of success and it would be easy to just say, ‘Well I won this many games and did this or that.’ But it’s not about that. It’s about winning everything and therein lies the challenge of doing something different to change the results.

“I’m happy for him because it’s a gauntlet. It’s a meat-grinder and people try to find ways to tear you down when you start for a football team early on – or at any age. It’s fun to see him come out the other end because I’ve lived the struggles with him. His success is my success and anything that doesn’t happen right is on my ledger as well. So I live it right along with him just like Coach Jackson and the rest of us. We’re a team coaching Andy – we’re Team Andy.”

mohr5150
10-19-2015, 07:15 PM
I was there for the softball game. It was embarrassing the crowded acted that way. He was the first QB in the history of the franchise to make it to the playoffs that many years in a row. Cincinnati fans need to get a clue. Just think Cleveland.

Kahns Krazy
10-20-2015, 05:50 AM
Did I hear the Dalton hit 7 different players with passes Sunday? I think that is a great sign on both ends of the passes.

bleedXblue
10-20-2015, 06:50 AM
I was there for the softball game. It was embarrassing the crowded acted that way. He was the first QB in the history of the franchise to make it to the playoffs that many years in a row. Cincinnati fans need to get a clue. Just think Cleveland.

Yeah this.

Kahns Krazy
10-22-2015, 05:31 AM
I find that there is a significant portion of Reds fans that feel that Bengals success somehow diminishes the Reds.

X-band '01
10-22-2015, 06:36 AM
By that logic, Xavier's success would also be adversely affected if UC, Miami, Ohio State and Northern Kentucky are also good.

Smails
10-22-2015, 07:52 AM
I find that there is a significant portion of Reds fans that feel that Bengals success somehow diminishes the Reds.

I agree, and for the life of me I don't know why that is. I've got a couple friends who absolutely looove to rag the Bengals and Dalton, but treat the Reds woes with kids gloves. They really having trouble coming to grips with the fact that as it stands today the Bengals are a much better run organization. I think a lot of it stems from the fact that Castellini is a much more likeable person than Mikey boy.

bleedXblue
10-22-2015, 08:32 AM
I agree, and for the life of me I don't know why that is. I've got a couple friends who absolutely looove to rag the Bengals and Dalton, but treat the Reds woes with kids gloves. They really having trouble coming to grips with the fact that as it stands today the Bengals are a much better run organization. I think a lot of it stems from the fact that Castellini is a much more likeable person than Mikey boy.

I posted a few weeks ago that who would have ever thought the BENGALS organization would be outsmarting the Reds??? I give a lot of credit to Mike Brown allowing his coaching staff and scouts get way more involved in the evaluation of talent and drafting of players. It is very clear that's where they've made huge progress the last 8-10 years. The Reds on the other hand are an absolute mess. Bad contracts, not moving guys when we should have a long time ago, not enough talent in the farm system.........the reds are multiple years away from being able to even compete with the Cubs, Cardinals and Pirates.

ammtd34
10-22-2015, 08:52 AM
By that logic, Xavier's success would also be adversely affected if UC, Miami, Ohio State and Northern Kentucky are also good.

At football.

waggy
10-22-2015, 11:37 AM
I posted a few weeks ago that who would have ever thought the BENGALS organization would be outsmarting the Reds??? I give a lot of credit to Mike Brown allowing his coaching staff and scouts get way more involved in the evaluation of talent and drafting of players. It is very clear that's where they've made huge progress the last 8-10 years.

I was thinking just the other day, after reading the Buffalo area beat writers, that I'm glad the Bengals don't have a GM. I swear, it just gives people one more thing to bitch about.

paulxu
11-01-2015, 12:03 PM
Playing the convicts apparently. Go Bengals!

paulxu
11-01-2015, 12:51 PM
Pac Man doing a Jalen. Stupid.

XUOWNSUC
11-01-2015, 02:04 PM
Bengals had the ball 1st and 10 on the Steeler 35. Run Hill 3 times and you would have been up 9-7 at the very least.

XUOWNSUC
11-01-2015, 02:44 PM
1st and goal at the 5. Why can't we run the frickin ball? Gio just had a 10 yard rush the play before. Hue is calling a terrible game today.

XUOWNSUC
11-01-2015, 02:49 PM
Hill & Bernard are averaging 6 yards a carry (11 carries 67 yards). But let's just keep passing the ball especially because the line can't protect crap today...

GoMuskies
11-01-2015, 02:53 PM
Great punt by Dalton.

mohr5150
11-01-2015, 02:55 PM
Welcome back, bad Andy.

paulxu
11-01-2015, 03:25 PM
It's possible that the prevent defense only prevents you from winning....after you've held them to 10 points for 59 and 48 seconds with your regular defense.

Very lucky but always a good thing to win in Pittsburgh.

bobbiemcgee
11-01-2015, 03:31 PM
Burfict came back to ring the Bell.

waggy
11-02-2015, 03:39 PM
Bengals Nov. 22 game against Arizona & Carson Palmer has been flexed to 8:30 on NBC.

bleedXblue
11-02-2015, 03:45 PM
I love when we beat the Steelers................

bobbiemcgee
11-02-2015, 03:49 PM
Bengals Nov. 22 game against Arizona & Carson Palmer has been flexed to 8:30 on NBC.

He might quit in the 3rd quarter, take his ball home and sulk.:mad::mad:

X-band '01
11-02-2015, 04:04 PM

That would give the Bengals 5 prime-time games (including 3 in a row starting Thursday) - however, they could also flex out the Bengals-49ers if San Francisco continues to tank.

Still, it will be fun to see Carson Palmer & crew on the opposite sideline in a couple of weeks.

waggy
11-02-2015, 04:32 PM
however, they could also flex out the Bengals-49ers if San Francisco continues to tank.

And not show the Bengals warm-up for Superbowl 50?!?

X-band '01
11-02-2015, 04:53 PM
I'm just saying that games like Green Bay-Oakland and Carolina-NY Giants are also played that day and could be flexed to primetime as well. All 4 of those teams could have legitimate postseason chances by Week 15. If the Raiders are still in contention for a WC by then, NBC would love to go back to the Black Hole for the first time in a while.

THRILLHOUSE
11-02-2015, 06:18 PM
I'm just saying that games like Green Bay-Oakland and Carolina-NY Giants are also played that day and could be flexed to primetime as well. All 4 of those teams could have legitimate postseason chances by Week 15. If the Raiders are still in contention for a WC by then, NBC would love to go back to the Black Hole for the first time in a while.

Yeah, I'd be surprised if Cin-SF doesn't get flexed out that week. CBS and Fox are allowed to protect a game from being flexed. CBS would likely protect Denver at Pittsburgh, then Fox would protect one of those you mentioned, and then the other would get moved to SNF (or maybe Arizona at Philly).

paulxu
11-03-2015, 07:14 PM
Bengals v. Johnny Football. Fun times coming.

vee4xu
11-04-2015, 07:52 PM
I sat through that debacle last week versus Arizona and was at the 30-0 shellacking by the Bengals in Cleveland last season. I see absolutely no reason for optimism tomorrow night. The Bengals will throttle the Browns tomorrow and Austin Davis will be in the game replacing Texas Johnny (either due to injury or ineptitude), in the first half.

Sit back, kick your feet up and enjoy Bengals fans. For tomorrow night you have no worries.

Smails
11-05-2015, 07:20 AM
Mike Mitchell seriously escalating the Steeler/Bengal hate!

Mitchell had his own comments in response to both Jones and the Bengals regarding the hits on both sides.

"He's fortunate that I'm playing a lot smarter than I used to," Mitchell said of Jones according to Chris Bradford. "Because it very well could have been a face shot or a knee shot and he probably would have been out a lot longer."

When asked about whether or not he had regrets on his hit on Jones, Mitchell showed no remorse.

"Absolutely not," he said. "I watched Vontaze Burfict hurt Le'Veon Bell, get up and jump and run to his bench. I wish I would have went low (on Jones)."

boozehound
11-05-2015, 10:47 AM
Mike Mitchell seriously escalating the Steeler/Bengal hate!

Mitchell had his own comments in response to both Jones and the Bengals regarding the hits on both sides.

"He's fortunate that I'm playing a lot smarter than I used to," Mitchell said of Jones according to Chris Bradford. "Because it very well could have been a face shot or a knee shot and he probably would have been out a lot longer."

When asked about whether or not he had regrets on his hit on Jones, Mitchell showed no remorse.

"Absolutely not," he said. "I watched Vontaze Burfict hurt Le'Veon Bell, get up and jump and run to his bench. I wish I would have went low (on Jones)."

Mike Mitchell does not sound like a very smart man.

waggy
11-05-2015, 10:55 AM
Hines Ward should've been kicked out of the league for what he did to Keith Rivers. And then there is the guy that blindsided a punter. The Steelers are douchebags.

X-band '01
11-05-2015, 10:59 AM
To his credit, Kevin Huber took his injury in stride.

waggy
11-05-2015, 11:07 AM
To his credit, Kevin Huber took his injury in stride.

X-band, your clown avatar is scarier than Kevin Huber.

bleedXblue
11-05-2015, 12:00 PM
Hines Ward should've been kicked out of the league for what he did to Keith Rivers. And then there is the guy that blindsided a punter. The Steelers are douchebags.

I f*%^ing hate the Steelers. They are the dirtiest team in the league. F&*k them!

paulxu
11-05-2015, 09:09 PM
If Johnny Football beats the Bengals, there will be hell to pay in my house.
Get with it Bengals.

Masterofreality
11-06-2015, 07:25 AM
If Johnny Football beats the Bengals, there will be hell to pay in my house.
Get with it Bengals.

No worries. JFF ain't gonna beat many, and this Browns team sucks.
So glad I gave up my season seats. Enough, already.

waggy
11-06-2015, 10:17 AM
Manziel looks like he belongs on an NFL field to me.

I think the question is maturity. Off and on the field.

Masterofreality
11-06-2015, 11:13 AM
Manziel looks like he belongs on an NFL field to me.

I think the question is maturity. Off and on the field.

For one half. Did you see the second half?

waggy
11-06-2015, 11:50 AM
For one half. Did you see the second half?

True.

waggy
11-07-2015, 11:57 AM
Bengals ask Vontaze Burfict to apologize for pushing camera, injuring cameraman (http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-bengals-vontaze-burfict-injures-cameraman-20151106-story.html)

D-West & PO-Z
11-07-2015, 12:46 PM
Bengals ask Vontaze Burfict to apologize for pushing camera, injuring cameraman (http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-bengals-vontaze-burfict-injures-cameraman-20151106-story.html)

I saw that live and thought it was kind of a dick move.

waggy
11-07-2015, 02:22 PM
I saw that live and thought it was kind of a dick move.

Yeah, I as well.

And I'm not sure about the celebration after tackling the Steelers Bell. The context was the gain was 8 yards on 1st down. Not something you'd normally see a player celebrate.

Burfict is a really good player. A difference maker type guy. But I think he's got some issues.

usfldan
11-07-2015, 07:18 PM
Yeah, I as well.

And I'm not sure about the celebration after tackling the Steelers Bell. The context was the gain was 8 yards on 1st down. Not something you'd normally see a player celebrate.

Burfict is a really good player. A difference maker type guy. But I think he's got some issues.

I'm not sure how he "celebrated" the tackle on Bell. All I've seen in replays is him running quickly away from the play. A little odd, but he later said he heard the pop and that's why he ran. As far as I've seen, he didn't fist pump, pose, dance, drop the ball in the first-down signal (looking at you, Antonio Brown), or anything else that I would call "celebrating."

waggy
11-08-2015, 01:30 AM
There's actually an interview with the bandaged camera man. That is so fucking hilarious.

bobbiemcgee
11-08-2015, 02:42 PM
Yeah, I as well.

There's a 100% chance you'll get hurt playing in the NFL. Burfict got hurt and was out a year. Bell got hurt. Let's face it. The objective is to line up and hit someone legally as hard as you can every play. People seem to like that and pay millions to see it.

bobbiemcgee
11-08-2015, 03:39 PM
Big Ben carted off. Time running out for Squealers?

waggy
11-09-2015, 04:10 PM
1st round pick Ogbuehi will be available to practice for first time tomorrow.

muskiefan82
11-09-2015, 04:20 PM
Big Ben carted off. Time running out for Squealers?

Was Burfict blamed for this as well?

waggy
11-10-2015, 02:29 AM
The NFL Networks "A Football Life" on Paul Brown, I didn't get to watch the full show, but I've watched some of the excerpts on the Bengals website, and it's definitely recommended viewing for Bengals fans, Browns fans.... And just general football fans..

It's a history a lot of people don't know, and Cincy is really fortunate to have such a football giant as it's founder.

D-West & PO-Z
11-10-2015, 08:42 AM
Anyone else find it a little funny the Bengals are having a dream, undefeated season so far, the best they've ever started and a great start for any franchise, and it just happens to be in a year where there are also two undefeated teams halfway through the season? I would be so pissed if I were a Bengals fan. In any other season the Bengals would be getting all the attention but this year they have to share it with Tom Brady and the Panthers.

THRILLHOUSE
11-10-2015, 09:35 AM
Anyone else find it a little funny the Bengals are having a dream, undefeated season so far, the best they've ever started and a great start for any franchise, and it just happens to be in a year where there are also two undefeated teams halfway through the season? I would be so pissed if I were a Bengals fan. In any other season the Bengals would be getting all the attention but this year they have to share it with Tom Brady and the Panthers.

As long as they keep winning I don't really care how much national attention the Bengals get. Plus doesn't really matter, since the talking points would always be "yeah Bengals are playing great, but can they get it done in the playoffs?"

muskiefan82
11-10-2015, 09:53 AM
As long as they keep winning I don't really care how much national attention the Bengals get. Plus doesn't really matter, since the talking points would always be "yeah Bengals are playing great, but can they get it done in the playoffs?"

Agreed. This is, unfortunately, the narrative they have earned.

bleedXblue
11-10-2015, 10:23 AM

No concern at all. Actually I think it helps the Bengals. And, they are still getting plenty of pub.

D-West & PO-Z
11-10-2015, 10:34 AM

Yeah good point, need to win a playoff game this year, no excuses. The one thing that might make it more difficult is getting a first round bye and the playing a more difficult team and losing in the second round thus still not winning a playoff game.

No to bring any negative juju into the situation and if you guys dont want to talk negative no problem, but any thoughts on if Marvin should be back if they lose their first playoff game again?

waggy
11-10-2015, 11:05 AM
While I'd love to win in the playoffs, and that is obviously the ultimate goal, I'll also take the regular season success the team has had. As long as they are winning in the regular season I think it would be foolish to get rid of Marvin.

nuts4xu
11-10-2015, 11:10 AM
If the Bengals happen to win the Super Bowl, Marvin Lewis will be promoted to Vice President of Football Operations (or some other long title) and the Bengals will promote Hue Jackson to Head Coach.

Marvin Lewis will be here as long as he wants to be here. It would take a few seasons of bad records before the Bengals fire him. That is not the MO of this franchise. We typically hang on to coaches well beyond their prime (most Bengals coaches never had a prime).

paulxu
11-10-2015, 11:16 AM
I want to see the Bengals and Panthers in the Super Bowl.
Santa Clara is a long way though for fans of both teams to travel.
Also, why didn't Lexus and their "L" trademark pony up the dinero to sponsor the thing so they could have kept the Roman numeral.

waggy
11-10-2015, 11:19 AM
I want to see the Bengals and Panthers in the Super Bowl.
Santa Clara is a long way though for fans of both teams to travel.
Also, why didn't Lexus and their "L" trademark pony up the dinero to sponsor the thing so they could have kept the Roman numeral.

I also want the Panthers. They are the least scary NFC team imo.

muskiefan82
11-10-2015, 11:50 AM
I want the Bengals and Panthers to both be undefeated in the Super Bowl so that, no matter what, those annoying Miami Dolphins players will shut up.

bleedXblue
11-10-2015, 12:51 PM
Yeah good point, need to win a playoff game this year, no excuses. The one thing that might make it more difficult is getting a first round bye and the playing a more difficult team and losing in the second round thus still not winning a playoff game.

No to bring any negative juju into the situation and if you guys dont want to talk negative no problem, but any thoughts on if Marvin should be back if they lose their first playoff game again?

While we're all disappointed with the lack of playoff success, things are so much better here now than prior to Marvin arriving it isn't even funny. What's scary is if we actually figured out the in game coaching and clock management piece.

D-West & PO-Z
11-10-2015, 12:59 PM
While we're all disappointed with the lack of playoff success, things are so much better here now than prior to Marvin arriving it isn't even funny. What's scary is if we actually figured out the in game coaching and clock management piece.

I think this is why Marvin gets a pass because things were so bad before. I think that probably has a lot to do with Marvin and part luck, and part some changes in the organization. He is a pretty lucky coach though that his fan base basically has the mindset though that as long as we are relevant in the regular season and get to the playoffs the rest is gravy. Hopefully they get a win or more in the playoffs to put it all to rest though.

DoubleD86
11-10-2015, 02:23 PM
While I'd love to win in the playoffs, and that is obviously the ultimate goal, I'll also take the regular season success the team has had. As long as they are winning in the regular season I think it would be foolish to get rid of Marvin.

This is my feeling, not just about the Bengals, but in all sports. I want a coach who will be successful in the regular season and get to the playoffs each year. Preferably, with some division titles. There is so much randomness that I just don't buy into the idea that one can be that good in the Regular Season but "not know how to win" in the playoffs. Give me a coach who gets my team there every year. Sooner or later, the wins will happen.

It's also why I will never understand why the Eagles got rid of Andy Reid. Yes, he failed to win the Super Bowl and he had a disappointing playoff record, but he got them there every year and in football especially, if you make the playoffs that often your destined to have only a decent playoff record. Unless you win the Super Bowl, the best you can do is 3-1. Much more likely you are 0-1 or 1-1 in most years.

D-West & PO-Z
11-10-2015, 02:32 PM
This is my feeling, not just about the Bengals, but in all sports. I want a coach who will be successful in the regular season and get to the playoffs each year. Preferably, with some division titles. There is so much randomness that I just don't buy into the idea that one can be that good in the Regular Season but "not know how to win" in the playoffs. Give me a coach who gets my team there every year. Sooner or later, the wins will happen.

It's also why I will never understand why the Eagles got rid of Andy Reid. Yes, he failed to win the Super Bowl and he had a disappointing playoff record, but he got them there every year and in football especially, if you make the playoffs that often your destined to have only a decent playoff record. Unless you win the Super Bowl, the best you can do is 3-1. Much more likely you are 0-1 or 1-1 in most years.

Ha Andy Reid would have lasted a lifetime in Cincinnati!

Tom Coughlin has won 2 Super Bowls in the last 8 years and he will be "fired" (he'll retire instead of being fired) if the Giants dont make it to the playoffs this year. (Really it is the GM who deserves to go, not Coughlin).

I do think there is something to be said though for being a good post season coach, I dont think you can dismiss that. Someone mentioned things ealier that Marvin wasnt good at like clock management and in game coaching. Those things are magnified in the playoffs in a win or go home setting.

MuskieCinci
11-11-2015, 10:28 AM

Tom Coughlin has won 2 Super Bowls in the last 8 years and he will be "fired" (he'll retire instead of being fired) if the Giants dont make it to the playoffs this year. (Really it is the GM who deserves to go, not Coughlin).

I do think there is something to be said though for being a good post season coach, I dont think you can dismiss that. Someone mentioned things ealier that Marvin wasnt good at like clock management and in game coaching. Those things are magnified in the playoffs in a win or go home setting.

I definitely agree that those are pretty big factors, but things like injuries and random bounces have a much larger effect in my opinion than those. I also think coaches have the ability to improve and adapt when it comes to that aspect, and I do believe Marvin has made changes throughout his tenure with the Bengals as a coach.

If you are a 60+ year old coach who continues to treat playoff games with the same intensity of an afternoon get away game in Milwaukee during July, then my opinion starts to change on the subject.

THRILLHOUSE
11-11-2015, 10:54 AM
Of course if not for Carson getting Kimo'd in '05, Marvin's playoff record might be a little different.

DoubleD86
11-11-2015, 11:23 AM

While I agree, none of the losses in the playoffs (if my memory serves) were lost because of Marvin's deficiencies. The only argument is if you could say they weren't properly game planning, but I don't believe that was the case in any of the Bengals losses. Most of them have been bad luck or bad execution, plain and simple.

There are obviously going to be some exceptions that a coach who makes it to the playoffs multiple times has proven to deserve to be fired, but more often than not I will take the guy who can get my team to the playoffs year in and year out.

blobfan
11-11-2015, 01:10 PM

It's nice to be undefeated but they've played one team that has a record better than 50% and that was the Steelers for Ben's first game back. Have we really beaten quality teams? The number of undefeated teams this deep in the season suggests to me that there are a just a lot of problem teams this year. Lots of injuries in key positions. I hope the team proves me wrong but I won't believe it until I see it. I'll believe they are contenders when they aren't lying under the foot of Patriots, whimpering their way through a prime time game.

THRILLHOUSE
11-11-2015, 01:46 PM
It's nice to be undefeated but they've played one team that has a record better than 50% and that was the Steelers for Ben's first game back. Have we really beaten quality teams? The number of undefeated teams this deep in the season suggests to me that there are a just a lot of problem teams this year. Lots of injuries in key positions. I hope the team proves me wrong but I won't believe it until I see it. I'll believe they are contenders when they aren't lying under the foot of Patriots, whimpering their way through a prime time game.

The Patriots haven't exactly faced a tough schedule either. The combined record of their opponents is 28 - 38. (for reference, Bengals opponents are 26 - 41)

The Bengals are definitely contenders in 2015. Whether not they actually advance, we shall see. But I'm just gonna enjoy this season as it's going now and worry about the postseason when it arrives.

Juice
11-11-2015, 01:51 PM
The Patriots haven't exactly faced a tough schedule either. The combined record of their opponents is 28 - 38. (for reference, Bengals opponents are 26 - 41)

The Bengals are definitely contenders in 2015. Whether not they actually advance, we shall see. But I'm just gonna enjoy this season as it's going now and worry about the postseason when it arrives.

Yeah, the problem is that the AFC in general is pretty miserable. Four teams, which includes the Bengals, have records over .500. The NFC has 6. The Bengals have played one game against the NFC and have 3 remaining. One team of those remaining 3 have winnings records.

blobfan
11-11-2015, 03:25 PM

It's more that whatever the records, the Patriots usually handle the Bengals. Like X handles Dayton.

By all means enjoy it. I hope every fan does. I'm just a bit sick of all the people (not necessarily here) saying "this win should shut up the people that say Andy Dalton/The Bengals can't win in prime time/aren't a great team." They are contenders in a down year for the NFL and have an unexpectedly easy schedule. No Patriots. Week Ravens and Steelers. The Bengals are about where they were promised to be 2 years after the stadium was built. I believe they would have gotten here sooner if Mike hadn't been overriding Marvin's player choices and sticking him with too many projects and not enough QB protection. I've notice a shift since the last time Marvin's contract was discussed. I suspect he threatened to walk away if Mike didn't cede some of that control.

nuts4xu
11-11-2015, 03:33 PM
Yeah, the problem is that the AFC in general is pretty miserable. Four teams, which includes the Bengals, have records over .500. The NFC has 6. The Bengals have played one game against the NFC and have 3 remaining. One team of those remaining 3 have winnings records.

So out of 32 NFL teams, only 10 are above .500? And the Bengals are one of them?

I don't care about the records of the teams the Bengals have beaten. They have beaten every team on their schedule, which is very, very tough to do in the NFL. I have seen Bengals teams lose to teams that were under .500, and it sucks. They are finding ways to win, have found ways to win through adversity, and continue to play well enough to beat the teams they have played. I will not apologize or look for reasons why they may not be as good as their record.

I love winning, and will take all the wins we can get. Haters gonna hate, and to them I say a healthy f**k you!!

THRILLHOUSE
11-11-2015, 04:10 PM

THRILLHOUSE
11-11-2015, 04:13 PM
It's more that whatever the records, the Patriots usually handle the Bengals. Like X handles Dayton.

Well to be fair in this regard, the Bengals and Patriots don't play each other every year. Have played twice in the Andy Dalton era and have split the games. Plus, New England owns most teams (except the Giants of course).

As far as your other points, yes best thing Mike Brown has done is let Marvin handle most of the roster/draft decisions.

waggy
11-11-2015, 06:50 PM
Sagarin has the Bengals schedule ranked 15th thru week 9. So basically mid-pack. It has not been an "easy" schedule, and there is no such thing in the NFL anyway. Unless you're the Colts. Every year.

vee4xu
11-11-2015, 07:04 PM
As you all know, I am a Browns fan. At this point, admitting that is tantamount to standing up in front of a room full of folks at an AA meeting and proclaiming to be an alcoholic. Be that as it may, being a Browns fan is my issue. However, even though I am not Bengals fan by any means, I have to take my hat off to the organization for doing something right and putting together a winning team over the past four years. Being undefeated is great and I have no idea how the season will end. But, you Bengals fans can sure relate to miserable football, since it isn't that far in you past. So, don't get all caught up in being undefeated in mid-November and enjoy whatever ride it is you team is going to provide between now and the end of the playoffs. I'm envious, to be sure, but living in NFL hell, can certainly understand how each of you that root for the Bengals can be very happy so far this season.

Good luck. This post will self destruct in 3 seconds!

DoubleD86
11-13-2015, 10:45 AM
One of the most exciting things about being a Bengals fan right now is not just the current success, but the fact that the team is built to continue that for a solid amount of time. Obviously, things can and may change, but at the moment the Bengals have one of the top 5 (I'd argue higher) rosters in football, is mostly young and under control, and has very few glaring questions. They have two tackles with 1st round talent that have had the chance to basically redshirt, plus the draft for next year to hopefully continue the success.

For the first time basically in my entire life, it is a great time to be a Bengals fan.

boozehound
11-13-2015, 12:10 PM
One of the most exciting things about being a Bengals fan right now is not just the current success, but the fact that the team is built to continue that for a solid amount of time. Obviously, things can and may change, but at the moment the Bengals have one of the top 5 (I'd argue higher) rosters in football, is mostly young and under control, and has very few glaring questions. They have two tackles with 1st round talent that have had the chance to basically redshirt, plus the draft for next year to hopefully continue the success.

For the first time basically in my entire life, it is a great time to be a Bengals fan.

I thought I read somewhere that something like 1/2 the starters are in a contract year this year. That doesn't mean we won't re-sign them, but it will make things a bit interesting for next year.

paulxu
11-16-2015, 06:39 PM
Let's go Bungles! Keep on keeping on.

waggy
11-16-2015, 08:51 PM
Playing like dogshit tonight.

bleedXblue
11-16-2015, 09:47 PM
Offensive play calling has not been good. Bengals need to open it up and throw the ball down the field to their playmakers. I don't think Green has been targeted in 3-4 possessions.

waggy
11-16-2015, 09:52 PM
Dalton has missed a bunch of throws. Overthrew Jones by 5 yards on a deep ball in the first half. And there has been a few others.

bleedXblue
11-16-2015, 09:55 PM
Gio show? That's who I would go to.

usfldan
11-16-2015, 10:28 PM
Second straight year an AJ Green fumble stops Dalton from a game-winning drive in prime time. Same thing happened against Pittsburgh in Week 17 last year.

Porkopolis
11-16-2015, 10:31 PM
Second straight year an AJ Green fumble stops Dalton from a game-winning drive in prime time. Same thing happened against Pittsburgh in Week 17 last year.

Dalton is catching hell, but in reality this is much more on his receivers. They had a serious case of the dropsy.

waggy
11-16-2015, 10:34 PM
When you score 6 at home everyone on the offensive side gets the blame. There were at least 4 false starts. And who's at fault in an illegal formation with Whitworth lined up on the right side?

BENWAR
11-16-2015, 10:45 PM

Yep, that was my first thought as well.

nuts4xu
11-16-2015, 10:56 PM
I'm going to give credit to the Texans defense here, because it is due. They played their best game of the season, props to Romeo Crennel.

Pac Man couldn't have played Hopkins much better than he did on the TD, that was a big time play. Hopkins is a witch.

It wasn't the Bengals night, and I understand why people question how good this Bengals team is right now. I still believe in Andy Dalton, and think this will be a special season for Who Dey Nation.

Juice
11-17-2015, 05:40 AM
Dalton is catching hell, but in reality this is much more on his receivers. They had a serious case of the dropsy.

Eifert and Green were awful but Dalton was inaccurate as shit on all of his deep balls.

gladdenguy
11-17-2015, 07:33 AM
AJ Green fumbling the ball in big games is getting real old. The offensive line played terrible. Eifert drops 3 balls right in his hands. Just a bad night.
If you wanna place blame Dalton is surely down the line after the offensive linemen, Eifert, Green, and Hue Jackson.

On to Arizona. 8-1 and sitting alone at 2nd place in the conference is darn good.

Xville
11-17-2015, 07:35 AM
I thought that was the typical primetime bengals we have seen over the last few years....the playcalling gets weird, Dalton is inaccurate, can't or refuse to run the ball etc.

They can go 15-1 in the regular season (which I think they will lose next week too anyways) and I think like a lot of people, I wouldn't feel positive about winning the first playoff game.

CSS85
11-17-2015, 10:42 AM
AJ Green fumbling the ball in big games is getting real old. The offensive line played terrible. Eifert drops 3 balls right in his hands. Just a bad night.
If you wanna place blame Dalton is surely down the line after the offensive linemen, Eifert, Green, and Hue Jackson.

On to Arizona. 8-1 and sitting alone at 2nd place in the conference is darn good.

I agree that the offense with the possible exception of Gio, was really bad. Can't blame the Defense, holding an NFL team to 10 points should get you a win 99% of the time - See Pittsburgh. And that seems to be a repeating theme. The longer the layoff, whether a bye week or this 10-11 day stretch, results in the offense looking like they've never seen each other before and are wondering what that oblong brown thing is.

Whether they win like in Pittsburgh or lose as against Houston, the offense doesn't appear to be able to deal with "irregular" time intervals at all. That is mostly on the coaches, though they players are also to blame.

waggy
11-17-2015, 10:50 AM
The difference between 8-1 and 5-4 is not great. What sucks about last night is that it was statistically one of the more likely wins of the 2nd half. Lost opportunity.

THRILLHOUSE
11-17-2015, 11:42 AM
The difference between 8-1 and 5-4 is not great. What sucks about last night is that it was statistically one of the more likely wins of the 2nd half. Lost opportunity.

Yeah, I can't be mad about 8-1, but losing to a mediocre team at home in primetime is very disappointing. Especially with a tough game at Arizona next.

Pretty much everyone on offense, other than Gio, can share the blame for this one. And speaking of Gio, I'm about done with Hill this season. Gio might not be built to be a 20+ carry back, but he's gotta start getting significantly more carries than Hill.

D-West & PO-Z
11-17-2015, 11:51 AM
Dalton not happy with JJ Watt's Red Ryder BB Gun comments.

http://nypost.com/2015/11/17/andy-dalton-furious-over-j-j-watts-christmas-story-diss/

bleedXblue
11-17-2015, 12:01 PM
8-1 is awesome. The fact that they cant run the ball should be very concerning. I agree about Gio. They should have gone to him more last night. I think the play calling was pretty bad too. An all around offensive clunker. Well see how they respond in AZ this weekend.

waggy
11-17-2015, 12:09 PM
The Red Rifle should've just given Watt props for a good zinger.

THRILLHOUSE
11-17-2015, 12:22 PM

It wasn't even that good of a zinger. Should've just laughed it off and moved on. Oh well, maybe this will "motivate" him like the boos at the celeb all star game.

X-band '01
11-17-2015, 12:24 PM
Dalton not happy with JJ Watt's Red Ryder BB Gun comments.

http://nypost.com/2015/11/17/andy-dalton-furious-over-j-j-watts-christmas-story-diss/

The problem is that since Dalton got pissed off over the comment, the Red Ryder nickname is going to stick with him (at least until he can get a playoff win).

On the other hand, the Bengals now know what it's like to knock out the starting QB and get burned by the backup instead.

xeus
11-17-2015, 12:46 PM
Pretty lame of Andy to be such a baby about it. Questioning JJ's integrity? Child please.

D-West & PO-Z
11-17-2015, 12:53 PM
Pretty lame of Andy to be such a baby about it. Questioning JJ's integrity? Child please.

Yeah sort of hints at an insecure QB. Only reason what Watt said is a story is because of how Dalton reacted to it.

bjf123
11-17-2015, 01:18 PM
It wasn't even that good of a zinger. Should've just laughed it off and moved on. Oh well, maybe this will "motivate" him like the boos at the celeb all star game.

Dalton should have said "That's pretty good, and I can't disagree with what he said. I didn't play well enough tonight for us to win tonight. Time to move on to preparing for the Cardinals."

bobbiemcgee
11-17-2015, 01:36 PM
watt's team is 4-5. Probably should have just stfu.

usfldan
11-17-2015, 01:39 PM
Yeah sort of hints at an insecure QB. Only reason what Watt said is a story is because of how Dalton reacted to it.

False. Dalton answer was in response to a reporter's question in the post-game press conference about Watt's comment. It was already a story regardless of what Dalton said.
Dalton's answer wasn't great, but he doesn't seem like much of a trash talker and I doubt he really cared what Watt said or cared to get involved in a silly verbal argument with an opponent he won't see again this season. The next time the Bengals play the Texans, this situation will be lucky to be a small footnote at the end of the game notes.

Xville
11-17-2015, 01:46 PM
False. Dalton answer was in response to a reporter's question in the post-game press conference about Watt's comment. It was already a story regardless of what Dalton said.
Dalton's answer wasn't great, but he doesn't seem like much of a trash talker and I doubt he really cared what Watt said or cared to get involved in a silly verbal argument with an opponent he won't see again this season. The next time the Bengals play the Texans, this situation will be lucky to be a small footnote at the end of the game notes.

I wouldn't say that yet. The Texans have just a good a chance as any team to win that division and make the playoffs...and if the Texans do make the playoffs and end up playing the Bengals...I'll put my money on the Texans since apparently they are the Bengals' daddy.

Xville
11-17-2015, 01:48 PM

why? Was he stepping into Andy and your's safe space?

bobbiemcgee
11-17-2015, 01:57 PM
Back at you. Why would Watt spout off with a stupid comment? What was the point of it?

Xville
11-17-2015, 02:06 PM
Back at you. Why would Watt spout off with a stupid comment? What was the point of it?

Wahhhhh.....he was asked a question and he made a small joke about it. He was excited about winning the game and said something off the cuff. My gosh people are so overly sensitive these days...don't want him saying it? Then Dalton should play better than he did. I think Dalton is being a big baby about it talking about the "integrity of the game." Sorry Dalton maybe we should coddle you and take you to your safe space so you don't get offended.

By the way, right after he said that, he said the bengals were a great team and Dalton was a great player.

bobbiemcgee
11-17-2015, 02:18 PM
Dalton made a dumb comment in RESPONSE to a dumb comment. Get over it. As Pacman said, they're 4-5 and acted like they won the frickin' Super Bowl...lol

xeus
11-17-2015, 02:23 PM
I'd bet dollars to donuts Andy would have brushed it off if he had a do-over. Sometimes athletes say dumb things in front of the camera when their emotions are ahead of them. I'm trying to think of a Xavier example...

D-West & PO-Z
11-17-2015, 02:23 PM

WHAT?? He didnt care? Ha, funny way of showing it. Someone who didnt care would probably shrug it off or make a comment along the lines of what BJF said above. He obviously cared, he even went as far as to attack Watt's character about it. Funny way of not caring.

That article I posted was from the NY Post. You think that article is there for me to post today if Dalton just brushed the comment off? Not. A. Chance. Dalton's reaction made it the story.

bobbiemcgee
11-17-2015, 02:27 PM
I'd bet dollars to donuts WATT would have brushed it off if he had a do-over. Sometimes athletes say dumb things in front of the camera when their emotions are ahead of them.
Fixed.

xeus
11-17-2015, 02:41 PM
Fixed.

I thought Watt's comment was funny. It was lighthearted. But for Andy to rail on about his integrity was just silly and immature. Take the high road, Red Ryder!

X-band '01
11-17-2015, 03:09 PM

But they could be a playoff team thanks to their dogshit division.

usfldan
11-17-2015, 05:51 PM
WHAT?? He didnt care? Ha, funny way of showing it. Someone who didnt care would probably shrug it off or make a comment along the lines of what BJF said above. He obviously cared, he even went as far as to attack Watt's character about it. Funny way of not caring.

That article I posted was from the NY Post. You think that article is there for me to post today if Dalton just brushed the comment off? Not. A. Chance. Dalton's reaction made it the story.

Look at the first two paragraphs of the story posted. It's what Watt says, not Dalton. Watt is the lead, not Dalton. Then there's a giant Vine of Watt making his comment. Then, if you bother to scroll down below all that, is the part about Dalton's reaction. Aside from giving the Post some click-bait fodder (What? the NY Post sensationalizing a story?), Dalton was secondary to the story. The story was there, they just needed to paste in Dalton's response at the bottom.

D-West & PO-Z
11-17-2015, 05:56 PM
Look at the first two paragraphs of the story posted. It's what Watt says, not Dalton. Watt is the lead, not Dalton. Then there's a giant Vine of Watt making his comment. Then, if you bother to scroll down below all that, is the part about Dalton's reaction. Aside from giving the Post some click-bait fodder (What? the NY Post sensationalizing a story?), Dalton was secondary to the story. The story was there, they just needed to paste in Dalton's response at the bottom.

No, Dalton was the story. There is no story if he doesnt react poorly. They wouldn't have posted a story with Watt's comments and a reaction of Dalton saying "eh he's right, I played poorly".

The sports radio guys here in Columbus today took time away from talking about OSU football and basketball to make fun of Andy Dalton's response. They were making fun of someone later in the show and then said "oh wait, we better check with Andy Dalton to see if that is ok". Dalton's reaction was the only thing that made Watt's comments a story.

And you ignored the part where Dalton clearly cared and was obviously upset by the comments, enough to question Watt's character. Talk about an overreaction.

D-West & PO-Z
11-17-2015, 06:12 PM
The first 2 paragraphs are about what Watt said because you have to explain what Dalton responded to and was upset about. No other reason.

usfldan
11-17-2015, 07:12 PM
The first 2 paragraphs are about what Watt said because you have to explain what Dalton responded to and was upset about. No other reason.

Here's the same article with Andy Dalton as the lede:

Bengals quarterback Andy Dalton was not happy Monday night, and not just because the Bengals lost their first game of the season. Dalton was also upset over comments by Texans star defensive end J.J. Watt that called Dalton, "a Red Ryder BB gun."

“There’s a lot of kids and people that look up to him,” Dalton told reporters after the game. “For him to come out and make comments like that, he’s just showing that it’s acceptable to do that kind of stuff. It’s disappointing for one of the best players in the league to come out and say something like that.

“I think J.J. is a good player, but for him to be one of the best in the league and to show that integrity, it shows what he’s about.”

[video from Dalton's press conference]

Dalton was responding to a comment by Watt shortly after Houston's 10-6 win on Monday Night Football.

“Our goal was to come out here and make the ‘Red Rifle’ look like a Red Ryder BB gun,” Watt told ESPN's Lisa Salters in a post-game interview.

Watt hasn’t ever been afraid to toy with opposing quarterbacks in the past. Dalton just happened to be the Texans veteran’s latest victim.

Dalton, who suffered his first loss of the season, was largely limited — completing 22 of 38 passes for 197 yards and an interception.

The story was written, they just needed to add Dalton's reaction at the end. It's why the question was asked in the press conference, before anyone knew what Andy Dalton would say.

paulxu
11-22-2015, 06:37 PM
Who dey?

bleedXblue
11-22-2015, 07:44 PM
I think its time to show Jeremy Hill the bench. WTF happened to him?

paulxu
11-22-2015, 07:49 PM
Andy Dalton is screwed with the national media until he wins a Super Bowl.
I hope he gets one.

bleedXblue
11-22-2015, 07:54 PM
I hope he gets one.

Win a few big games and it will start to shut them up.

On a side note, I hope Hue Jackson calls a better game this week. So far looks a lot like last week to me.

Xville
11-22-2015, 07:57 PM
I hope he gets one.

That's a little dramatic. If he ever won a playoff game or heck maybe played well in a prime time game things would be different. The criticism is deserved at this point. It didn't help that he came off like a complete whiny bitch last week.

bobbiemcgee
11-22-2015, 08:07 PM
Check the payroll....are we still paying Palmer?

paulxu
11-22-2015, 08:18 PM
Cardinals yards rushing = 31
Bengals gifts to Cardinals with penalties = 53 yards

Not good.

bleedXblue
11-22-2015, 08:23 PM
Jeremy Hill looks SLOW to me. Really slow. Did he put weight on in the offseason?

bleedXblue
11-22-2015, 08:27 PM
Would be nice if AJ got open a little more often.

KabeX
11-22-2015, 09:42 PM
we this one's done

paulxu
11-22-2015, 10:39 PM
Crap. Why do you go for the end zone with 3rd and 2, and plenty of time, and time outs?

Strange Brew
11-22-2015, 10:45 PM
Bengals gonna Bengal....

paulxu
11-22-2015, 10:46 PM
Well crap again. We threw this away with our last series call, penalties, prevent defense that prevents winning, and stupid plays like the last one.

drudy23
11-22-2015, 10:57 PM
Crap. Why do you go for the end zone with 3rd and 2, and plenty of time, and time outs?

This...complete buffoonery. No excuse to be that stupid.

The result of the game was 100% predictable after that happened. Even if you run and don't make the first down, you still have the field goal and run 33 more seconds.

Frambo
11-22-2015, 11:01 PM

a 1,000 times this^^^

should have been an OT at the least and maybe a win at the best

gladdenguy
11-22-2015, 11:06 PM
Makes no sense Paul. Run it and waste 40 seconds if you don't get it.

Night boys.

bleedXblue
11-23-2015, 06:23 AM
Bengals gonna Bengal....

Exactly. I see an 11-5 finish and another dud playoff performance.

Team just cant step up when it really counts.....led by bonehead penalties and bad decisions by key players

THRILLHOUSE
11-23-2015, 09:08 AM
Gio might have gone 30+ yards untouched into the endzone if they handed the ball off.

Regardless, the defense can't just let Palmer go 70 yards in a minute so easily.

I still think at worst Bengals go 12-4. Only real difficult games left are Pittsburgh and Denver. I'll predict they go 13-3 with a loss at Denver. Hopefully Denver can lose 2 more so the Bengals can still get the 2 seed.

X-band '01
11-23-2015, 10:23 AM
The win at Pittsburgh looks bigger by the day - if the Steelers had won that one, they'd be tied with the Bengals at 7-3 in the division. Last night was a lost opportunity, but nothing earth-shattering.

Cheesehead
11-23-2015, 12:06 PM
Good to see the Pack right the ship. 6 sacks!

THRILLHOUSE
12-07-2015, 04:04 PM
Bengals-Niners flexed out of SNF, replaced by Cardinals-Eagles.

waggy
12-07-2015, 04:05 PM
Bengals-Niners flexed out of SNF, replaced by Cardinals-Eagles.

Do you know if that changes the game time?

D-West & PO-Z
12-07-2015, 04:06 PM

Is this a serious question?

waggy
12-07-2015, 04:07 PM
Is this a serious question?

Yes. Can you answer it?

D-West & PO-Z
12-07-2015, 04:09 PM
Yes. Can you answer it?

Yes and yes.

waggy
12-07-2015, 04:10 PM
Yes and yes.

You are so smart. I knew I could count on you.

nuts4xu
12-07-2015, 04:11 PM

John Fay ‏@johnfayman 3m3 minutes ago
#Bengals announce the Dec. 20 Bengals at San Francisco game, scheduled for 8:30 p.m. on NBC, has been flexed into a 4:25 on CBS.

Cincinnati Bengals ‏@Bengals 6m6 minutes ago
NEWS: The #Bengals Dec. 20 game @ San Francisco has been flexed to 4:25 pm ET on CBS

muskiefan82
12-07-2015, 04:19 PM
Which is 1:00 out there which bodes very well for DaytimeDalton

D-West & PO-Z
12-13-2015, 12:52 PM
Dalton out for the game with thumb injury on right hand. That could be big trouble.

D-West & PO-Z
12-13-2015, 12:53 PM
Just saw Eifert is doubtful with concussion.

D-West & PO-Z
12-13-2015, 12:55 PM
Man Marvin going for the 54 yard FG with Nugent who's longest this year is 47. Sets up the Steeler's in great field position. Might be a slight sign of desperation though to try and get points whenever possible with Dalton and Eifert now out.

bleedXblue
12-13-2015, 01:55 PM
Beat down.

I hate Pittsburgh, but they clearly are the better team.

X-band '01
12-13-2015, 02:27 PM
Losing George Iloka in the secondary also hurts. They can still come back, but it would have been great to knock the Steelers out of playoff contention with a win today.

bleedXblue
12-13-2015, 02:40 PM
Bengals went from one of the healthiest teams to one of the most banged up in a 2 week stretch.

Eifert I think is going to one of those guys who's constantly hurt. He simply isn't built well enough to endure the physicality of the NFL.
Would love to see him add 20-30 more LBS.

Jones and Iloka are needed badly.

XU 23
12-13-2015, 02:57 PM
Tough to win without your starting QB and your Pro Bowl tight end.

bjf123
12-13-2015, 06:26 PM
Got to win 2 of the last 3 or a Steelers loss, and I don't see them losing. Not sure about tie breakers if both finish 11-5.

bleedXblue
12-13-2015, 06:45 PM
Got to win 2 of the last 3 or a Steelers loss, and I don't see them losing. Not sure about tie breakers if both finish 11-5.

divisional record pretty sure

bjf123
12-13-2015, 07:14 PM
Yep. Meant I don't know how we stand in that. I've looked it up now. We're 4-1 with the last game against Baltimore. They're 2-2 with their last two games against Baltimore and Cleveland. They'll likely finish 4-2 which means if we beat the Ravens, we'd end 5-1 and win the division.

The Broncos losing today puts us back in the 2 seed for the moment.

waggy
12-21-2015, 12:02 PM
Defense was pretty stout yesterday. Burfict is a freaking freak. Atkins with some killer plays. Dunlap with that strip and recovery, and a blocked field goal. etc. etc.

Offense was not very good. The D gave them some short fields though.