PDA

View Full Version : Sam Elliott

X-man
08-16-2015, 06:29 AM
For those of you who like Sam Elliott, the actor who was "the Stranger" in "The Big Lebowski", here is a link to a great article on the Dude's mentor....http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/16/movies/sam-elliott-a-leading-man-again-at-71-no-cowboy-hat-required.html?action=click&pgtype=Homepage&module=c-column-middle-span-region&region=c-column-middle-span-region&WT.nav=c-column-middle-span-region&_r=0. He is a class act.

xeus
08-16-2015, 08:30 AM
He was perfectly cast as Lee Scoresby in The Golden Compass.

Lamont Sanford
08-17-2015, 07:22 AM
He was also in Xeus' favorite "Roadhouse" along with that heartthrob Patrick Swayze.

nuts4xu
08-17-2015, 07:30 AM
Loved him in the Big Lebowski, which is my favorite movie of all time.

Cheesehead
08-17-2015, 08:43 AM
He was also the main bad guy towards the end of Justified.

X-man
08-17-2015, 08:54 AM
Loved him in the Big Lebowski, which is my favorite movie of all time.

Mine too. And a couple of years back, I met the real Lebowski in Fremont, a funky neighborhood in Seattle where he was being given the "keys to the neighborhood" by the "mayor" of Fremont in a ceremony under the Aurora bridge where the Fremont troll lurks. There were a lot of people there dressed as Lebowski characters including one carrying a coffee can presumably filled with Donny's ashes. It was great fun.

xudash
08-17-2015, 09:57 AM
Mine too. And a couple of years back, I met the real Lebowski in Fremont, a funky neighborhood in Seattle where he was being given the "keys to the neighborhood" by the "mayor" of Fremont in a ceremony under the Aurora bridge where the Fremont troll lurks. There were a lot of people there dressed as Lebowski characters including one carrying a coffee can presumably filled with Donny's ashes. It was great fun.

John Goodman throwing Donny's ashes into the Pacific breeze. Just perfect. Great movie that was well casted.