PDA

View Full Version : Rachel Dolezal

More Cowbell
06-12-2015, 07:41 AM
This is a great way to start the morning.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jun/12/civil-rights-activist-rachel-dolezal-misrepresented-herself-as-black-claim-parents

casualfan
06-12-2015, 07:49 AM
This is a great way to start the morning.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jun/12/civil-rights-activist-rachel-dolezal-misrepresented-herself-as-black-claim-parents

This video should tell you all you need to know:

https://twitter.com/bomani_jones/status/609186443718754304

GoMuskies
06-13-2015, 08:33 AM
Best. Story. Ever.

DC Muskie
06-13-2015, 09:00 AM
Come on who else here immediately thought of the movie "Soul Man" when this story came out?

I know I can't be the only one.

XUFan09
06-13-2015, 09:22 AM
Wow, that's both funny and sad. It's not like she had to literally be black in order to have developed a strong affiliation with African-American culture (apparently due to her social circles). And it's not like she couldn't have done the work she's done while white.

"I, I don't know what you're implying...I don't understand the question." Lol.

ballyhoohoo
06-13-2015, 02:03 PM
White people are crazy.

waggy
06-13-2015, 02:34 PM
White people are crazy.

Awesome.

paulxu
06-13-2015, 08:04 PM
Especially the ones in Texas with guns.

SM#24
06-13-2015, 09:50 PM
At this point, I guess I'm fine with people being whoever they want to be. If Bruce Jenner wants to be a woman and Steve from Dodgeball wants to be a pirate, I guess Rachel Dolezal can be black.

XU-PA
06-14-2015, 06:36 AM
Especially the ones in Texas with guns.

and old white guys in Florida,,,, hell everybody in FLorida

xeus
06-14-2015, 07:29 AM
Separated at birth:

Sideshow Bob

Sideshow Rachel

XUFan09
06-14-2015, 12:55 PM
At this point, I guess I'm fine with people being whoever they want to be. If Bruce Jenner wants to be a woman and Steve from Dodgeball wants to be a pirate, I guess Rachel Dolezal can be black.

She definitely has a unorthodox sense of identity. She hasn't had much of a relationship with her parents in years, but it's interesting that she said she didn't even consider them her "real parents" anymore.

However, when she talks about things like the issue with various "ethnic hairstyles," which are sometimes banned (http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/09/26/schools-bans-dreadlocks-afros/2874895/) (if not at least the focus of certain prejudices), it's a bit disingeneuous to talk about those struggles in the first person. The center of that struggle for black people is that these styles are actually the best way of maintaining the hair God gave them, but they still get judged for not adopting a "normal" look. She models after those styles, but she doesn't have to do it out of the same biological necessity.

bobbiemcgee
06-14-2015, 03:08 PM
Look for her feature film: "White like me". Should destroy the Kardashian's ratings for a week.

xu82
06-14-2015, 03:11 PM

Cool! Let's see.... I'll be PG for the Cav's tonight!

XUFan09
06-14-2015, 04:40 PM
Cool! Let's see.... I'll be PG for the Cav's tonight!

At 5'11", I'm going to jump center for the Warriors.

xu82
06-14-2015, 05:31 PM
At 5'11", I'm going to jump center for the Warriors.

You might do better than I would, as I have the movement of a statue.

Cheesehead
06-15-2015, 11:31 AM
She just stepped down today.

GoMuskies
06-15-2015, 11:41 AM
Can't wait to read her book!

RealDeal
06-15-2015, 01:01 PM
C'mon, who hasn't lied on their resume?

I'm just amazed George Costanza never tried this.

ChicagoX
06-15-2015, 01:47 PM

"Jerry, just remember. It's not a lie... if you believe it."

GoMuskies
06-15-2015, 04:05 PM
So Dolezal once sued Howard for discriminating against her for being white, and she's caught up in her older brother's child sex abuse case (on the side of the victims). I love this family!

DC Muskie
06-15-2015, 04:10 PM
So Dolezal once sued Howard for discriminating against her for being white, and she's caught up in her older brother's child sex abuse case (on the side of the victims). I love this family!

She sounds like a future leader of FIFA if you ask me.

GoMuskies
06-15-2015, 04:26 PM

God, you're making me love her even more.

chico
06-15-2015, 04:46 PM
She's like the anti-Clayton Bigsby.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u__W0Qa8v0k

94GRAD
06-15-2015, 05:53 PM
As DC Muskie says, white people are crazy

DC Muskie
06-15-2015, 05:57 PM
As DC Muskie says, white people are crazy

True dat.

bjf123
06-15-2015, 06:37 PM

Doesn't he work for Vandelay Industries.?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D-West & PO-Z
06-15-2015, 06:50 PM
Importer/Exporter of fine latex goods.

GuyFawkes38
06-16-2015, 05:06 PM
All I have to say is that it's about time! As a long time advocate of the transracial movement, it's great to finally see some progress.

waggy
06-16-2015, 09:02 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9XQDofW17A

Masterofreality
06-17-2015, 08:28 AM

Ha!

HAhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

I'm going to "self-identify" as a Professional Golfer. Maybe I'll get elected as the President of the PGA.

Cheesehead
06-17-2015, 11:50 AM
This chick is either crazy or a habitual liar.

I say both.

muskiefan82
06-17-2015, 12:55 PM
She is the reason we have a cereal called Froot Loops. Have to have something we can use to refer to these people.

xu82
06-17-2015, 02:54 PM
She is the reason we have a cereal called Froot Loops. Have to have something we can use to refer to these people.

I believe she is part of the subset who is also koo-koo for Cocoa Puffs.

bobbiemcgee
06-17-2015, 04:57 PM
I believe she is part of the subset who is also koo-koo for Cocoa Puffs.

Is there an ESPY award for that?

waggy
06-17-2015, 05:00 PM
God, you're making me love her even more.

Would you hit it?

Question asked for entertainment purposes only, since you're not her type.

GoMuskies
06-17-2015, 05:46 PM
Would you hit it?

Question asked for entertainment purposes only, since you're not her type.

Of course I would. And I think I will be her type again here soon. She clearly doesn't stick with any particular team for long.

xu82
06-17-2015, 08:08 PM
Is there an ESPY award for that?

Sure, I think it's presented right after "Best Sneeze".

casualfan
06-17-2015, 09:40 PM
Presented without comment. (https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CHtjT7JUYAAksI7.jpg:small)

muskiefan82
06-18-2015, 08:47 AM
Presented without comment. (https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CHtjT7JUYAAksI7.jpg:small)

What is that? Is that the real Jane that Tarzan married?

waggy
06-19-2015, 12:00 AM
https://scontent-sjc2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpt1/v/l/t1.0-9/11061240_10206676888631907_4497857702091157571_n.j pg?oh=ded699591f11c54041054a3ba7ad834b&oe=55EF4E33

Cheesehead
06-19-2015, 07:30 AM
https://scontent-sjc2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpt1/v/l/t1.0-9/11061240_10206676888631907_4497857702091157571_n.j pg?oh=ded699591f11c54041054a3ba7ad834b&oe=55EF4E33

Nice looking dog, but I identify more w/ the yellow labs.

American X
06-20-2015, 06:38 AM
Separated at birth:

Sideshow Bob

Sideshow Rachel

http://madeira.hccanet.org/project2_2012/Marks_p2/Anderson-Varejao.jpg

I live on the South Side of Chicago, so I identify as black also. Solidarity, Sister Dolezal.

Snipe
06-22-2015, 02:38 PM
I think she is much hotter as a black woman than as a white one. I say kudos to her. You just know she is a freak in the sack too, I can just tell.

+1

Snipe
06-22-2015, 02:43 PM
All I have to say is that it's about time! As a long time advocate of the transracial movement, it's great to finally see some progress.

I am an advocate of the transracial movement.

I am actually a black lesbian today. I think I will also be a pirate. Not a butt pirate mind you, and that can't be considered homophobic because I am a lesbian. So I speak for all lesbians.

How many black lesbian pirates does Harvard have? I think I should be given a job as a professor of ethnic studies. I would excel at it.

So if any of you would ever like to know a black woman's opinion, just ask me and I will tell you.

paulxu
06-22-2015, 02:57 PM
I think I should be given a job as a professor of ethnic studies. I would excel at it.

I think there are some openings as UNC.

Snipe
06-22-2015, 03:51 PM
As an aside on Bruce Jenner, here is an interesting chapter of the feminist movement from wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Organization_for_Women):

NOW president Betty Friedan was against lesbian participation in the movement. In 1969 she referred to growing lesbian visibility as a "lavender menace" and fired openly lesbian newsletter editor Rita Mae Brown, and in 1970 she engineered the expulsion of lesbians, including Ivy Bottini, from NOW's New York chapter

So a founder and president of the National Organization was against Lesbians. She feared her women's movement would be co-opted by lesbians, the so-called "Lavender Menace".

Now as a black lesbian, I find that offensive.

She feared that normal women would not identify with a radical lesbian organization and its agenda. Which is pretty much what happened. Lesbians are disproportionately represented in the ranks of feminists, and it has kept away the more normal people which could have made it a more formidable national movement. Just about all people I can think of are for equal rights for women, so it would have been a pretty easy case for widespread support. But women don't identify as feminists, because they don't like the women that they have met who are feminists. Now no sane white person with a job to lose would admit anything out loud (oh heavens!), but normal middle class women don't like feminists very much, at least not enough to join. My guess is that there is a reason for that, and that Betty Friedan was quite prescient about the "Lavender Menace", but I am sure nobody would want to admit that publicly for fear of the ritual shaming and two-minutes hate (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two_Minutes_Hate).

One of the joys in being a black lesbian is that I cannot be subjected ot the Two Minutes Hate. Indeed, I intend to be a feminist leader. Now I don't intend to wear a dress. Why should I have to conform to your vision of what a black lesbian looks like. I intend to be a black lesbian in my old but comfortable outdated Muskie gear at Danas. And if anyone objects they are a bigot and a racist.

And that is where my current point is heading, and interesting spat on fringes of gender and feminism that gives viewers of the cultural zietgiest a tremendous case of schadenfreude (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schadenfreude).....

These people like Bruce Jenner (and ME!) are no longer men in the eyes of polite society. They are women. Why, because I said so. And they aren't content just to don a dress and paint their toenails. They want to be at the table. They want power. They want their story to be portrayed properly as the woman's story, and they want leadership positions within the movement to make sure their message gets out. They want access to all the levers of power and all the events. So a funny thing happened on the way to the parade.

Some of these actual biologically born women are objecting to having men in dresses as their feminist leaders. They are basically saying, you are a guy with balls and a dick in a dress, you aren't a woman, you don't know our struggle. You can't represent women. You are a man with some deep seeded psychological problems. They fear another version of the "Lavender Menace". Who will identify with the feminist movement it is run by a bunch of guys with dicks in dresses? So they set about having events for "real women only".

And that is where the fun comes in, because then the feminists themselves (for the very first time!) got subjected to the Two Minutes Hate! They lived their whole lives fighting for the struggle! They knew that they were oppressed and they dedicated everything they had in the struggle against oppression. And here walks in some guy in a dress, and all they did was point out that this person is a guy in a dress. Because you can't do that. If I say I am a Black lesbian pirate, then I am a black lesbian pirate. You know why? Cause I said so. And if you deny that I am a black lesbian pirate you are a racist, sexist and anti-pirate.

So the people that point out that the emperor has no clothes are going to be excluded. With apologies to Michael Lewis, the "Lavender Menace" will be replaced at the table with the BSD Menace (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=big+swinging+dick). And Feminism will completely sever itself for any notion of reality. It will be just a bunch of dykes and women with dicks sitting around talking about how to kill more babies in the womb.

You've come a long way baby!

Snipe
06-22-2015, 05:04 PM
From the Caitlyn Jenner article on Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caitlyn_Jenner):

Jenner first set the world record of 8,524 points at a meet in Eugene, Oregon August 9–10, 1975. At the 1976 Olympic Trials again in Eugene, she scored 8,538 points, slightly improving the world record

As a black lesbian pirate feminist I am in awe of Caitlyn! To think that she set the world record and beat all the men! Who says that men are stronger?

We can rewrite Olympic history! I also think that Caitlyn was the first lesbian to be legally married in the United States. Way back in 1972. It turns out people used to be a lot more accepting of that sort of thing.

she had been married three times. Her first marriage was to Chrystie Scott (née Crownover) from 1972 to 1981.

I was also thinking about changing my name to Hugh Canute B. Serious after reading the wikipedia talk page on Caitlyn. It is interesting to troll the Wikipedia talk pages on sensitive cultural issues. That is where the sausage gets made.

Israel employs many minions to edit and publish on Wikipedia. The writing, editing and rewriting of history is an interesting thing. Wikipedia is an interesting thing. Anyone can edit any article. On any sensitive issue, there is pressure to shape history and reality to a vision closer to your side's liking. And what is excluded is often more interesting that what is included. If you have money and time, you can sign up and advance up the hierarchy of Wikipedia. You can use your numbers to advance your cause and once your editors get positions of power they can promote all of their like minded comrades. It is a great system, and it is hard to defeat brains, money and determination in an "open source" encyclopedia.

The Cincinnati Riots of 2001 is still being edited in 2015. 13 times just on March 31st alone. So longevity is also a big way to win, you need to be playing the long game. At some point everyone else will stop playing. And that isn't some nationally sensitive issue that is popular or in the news. That happened 15 years ago.

Wikipedia keeps older versions, and you can check them out too. At some point with all that meta data it could make a great statistical analysis to see how articles tend to shape and flow over time.

blobfan
06-23-2015, 12:50 PM
The bigger issue in this case are the lies. She didn't say she identified as black until caught. She actually claimed black heritage and isn't letting go of that. Now she's claiming there's no proof her parents are really her parents and she actually have black parents.

I think she is much hotter as a black woman than as a white one. I say kudos to her. You just know she is a freak in the sack too, I can just tell.

+1
Yeah, but she's probably the kind of freak that invites you over for a drink then calls the cops on you for trespassing.

muskiefan82
06-23-2015, 02:03 PM
Now she's claiming there's no proof her parents are really her parents and she actually have black parents.

If I were her parent, I would agree and let her go.

GoMuskies
06-23-2015, 02:09 PM
Now she's claiming there's no proof her parents are really her parents and she actually have black parents.

I think her skin color is pretty good evidence that her parents are white and not black.

bobbiemcgee
06-23-2015, 08:08 PM
I think Donald Trump should demand to see her birth certificate and spend a few million investigating.

Snipe
06-24-2015, 02:18 AM
I think Donald Trump should demand to see her birth certificate and spend a few million investigating.

I heard her social security number came in a series issued years later in Connecticut, and not in a series known to Washington. That has been proven wrong. It depends upon where the mailing address was when you applied for a Social Security number. She doesn't have readily apparent ties to Connecticut, but having a mailing address in Connecticut isn't a federal offence. And Social Security numbers are Free! Never forget that my American friend.

Her social security number is SS# 042-68-4425

And it was surprisingly issued in the 1970s well after she was born. But it is commonplace for people to get social security numbers years after they are born.

Snopes has this (http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/birthers/ssn.asp#tiCdeRFjL5xopzT8.99):

Likewise, the claim that Social Security numbers beginning with 042 are "reserved for Connecticut residents" is false. As explained by the Social Security Administration, the area number portion of a SSN does not (and never did) necessarily correspond to the state in which an applicant was born or resides; it simply reflects the mailing address which the applicant has requested his newly issued card be sent to. That mailing address does not have to be the same as the applicant's residence address: it can be the address of a friend, relative, employer, rented post office box, or anyone else authorized to receive mail on his behalf:

The Area Number is assigned by the geographical region. Prior to 1972, cards were issued in local Social Security offices around the country and the Area Number represented the State in which the card was issued. This did not necessarily have to be the State where the applicant lived, since a person could apply for their card in any Social Security office. Since 1972, when SSA began assigning SSNs and issuing cards centrally from Baltimore, the area number assigned has been based on the ZIP code in the mailing address provided on the application for the original Social Security card. The applicant's mailing address does not have to be the same as their place of residence. Thus, the Area Number does not necessarily represent the State of residence of the applicant, either prior to 1972 or since...

Why Rachel Dolezal's Social Security card application might have included a Connecticut mailing address is something of a curiosity, as she had no known connection to that state at the time, but by itself that quirk is no indicator of fraud.

I think Snopes is basically a right wing organization and they are biased and bigoted against black people, including black lesbian pirates like me. They are a racist organization, but even they admit that her social security number is just by itself a quirk and no indicator of fraud.

I really don't know why they even brought up the issue. Probably because they were bigoted racists.