PDA

View Full Version : A10 Postseason Chances

XU05and07
03-13-2008, 03:03 PM
Where do all the A10 teams play (if at all) in the postseason tournaments?

NCAA - Xavier and UMass
NIT - Charlotte, St. Joe's, Dayton
CBI (College Basketball Invitational) - Temple and Rhode Island

Thoughts?

whiteyxu
03-13-2008, 03:37 PM
I don't really understand why UMass is getting so much credit right now. They have a sum total of 1 win over RPI top 50 teams, and a total of 0 wins over teams that will end up making the tournament (Dayton was the one they beat in the top 50, and most likely Syracuse, BC, and Houston are not gonna make the dance). Lunardi has them in, but St. Joe's has beaten them twice, beaten X, and just seems to be a better team. The thing that hurts them is the 3-game home losing streak to LaSalle, SLU, and Temple at the end of the season. To be honest, I could see only X getting into the tournament, depending on how well these two teams do in AC. Temple should also get into the NIT for being second place and a good SOS.

dc_x
03-13-2008, 03:54 PM
I think the A-10 can still get anywhere from 1-4 teams in.

1 bid scenario - Xavier beats SJU tomorrow, UMass loses tonight, Xavier beats Temple in the final
2 bid scenario - Xavier beats SJU tomorrow, Xavier loses in the final
3 bid scenario - Xavier loses to SJU, SJU beats UMass in the final
4 bid scenario - Xavier loses to SJU, UMass wins tonight, Temple beats UMass in the semis, Temple beats SJU in the final

The 4 bid is a stretch, but could happen if the bubble breaks right.

cowbeller
03-13-2008, 05:32 PM
I think the A-10 can still get anywhere from 1-4 teams in.

1 bid scenario - Xavier beats SJU tomorrow, UMass loses tonight, Xavier beats Temple in the final
2 bid scenario - Xavier beats SJU tomorrow, Xavier loses in the final
3 bid scenario - Xavier loses to SJU, SJU beats UMass in the final
4 bid scenario - Xavier loses to SJU, UMass wins tonight, Temple beats UMass in the semis, Temple beats SJU in the final

The 4 bid is a stretch, but could happen if the bubble breaks right.

How 'bout a 4-bagger where LaSalle makes the run and beast St. Joe's..that would be a perfect cap to a really weird A10 season!

xu95
03-14-2008, 08:19 AM
UMass I think is done after last night. Unless Xavier loses, I am afraid we just became a one bid league.

xu95

waggy
03-14-2008, 10:46 AM
Two separate divisions would help things a little I would think. At least then we're almost assured of getting two teams in the tournament. This 14 team BS, and just getting one team in the dance can't continue. The A10 tourney should be sponsored by Bubblicious or Wrigleys or...

American X
03-14-2008, 11:01 AM
Good god, UMass. Can't you play defense for 5 minutes? It's not like your season is on the line. You are supposed to be a flagship of this conference.