PDA

View Full Version : No BE love from Obama

markchal
03-18-2015, 09:22 AM
I don't want this to turn political because that's boring.But Obama picked nova to the final and all other BE teams out I'm the first round. Ouch.

Masterofreality
03-18-2015, 09:24 AM
Communist!

RealDeal
03-18-2015, 09:27 AM
I'm sure the schools he picked to win gave him more in campaign contributions.

powerofX
03-18-2015, 09:29 AM
I don't want this to turn political because that's boring.But Obama picked nova to the final and all other BE teams out I'm the first round. Ouch.

Well he's not going to go with X bc of John Boehner, of course! Haha I think it's funny the presidents selections are a story. Oh well. Everyone has opinions!

LadyMuskie
03-18-2015, 09:42 AM
I think that's a good thing, honestly. I'm pretty sure the last couple of years, his bracket picks have gone from bad to horrendously bad. Him not picking the BE teams means we'll all likely win.

Masterofreality
03-18-2015, 09:45 AM
I'm glad he just can't issue Executive Memorandums that dictate the outcome of games.

SemajParlor
03-18-2015, 09:50 AM
I think that's a good thing, honestly. I'm pretty sure the last couple of years, his bracket picks have gone from bad to horrendously bad. Him not picking the BE teams means we'll all likely win.

Not like it matters but I read his bracket last year was good. I think it was his best.

BandAid
03-18-2015, 09:50 AM
Doesn't he usually pick chalk? Maybe he's letting it all hang out because he's not up for re-election

D-West & PO-Z
03-18-2015, 09:51 AM
He actually has Georgetown the Sweet 16.

LadyMuskie
03-18-2015, 10:05 AM
Not like it matters but I read his bracket last year was good. I think it was his best.

I checked to see because I'll freely admit I made that statement just off of blurbs I've heard here and there, and had no actual facts to back it up.

Turns out it's hard to find corrected brackets of his, and I'm not doing all of that leg work because I don't care that much. Just going by teams in final four he had 1 of 4 in 2013, 2 of 4 in 2012, 0 for 4 in 2011 and 2010, 1 for 4 in 2009 but he picked the correct champ, and 3 for 4 in 08. In last year's bracket he picked for his final four Florida, Michigan St. (champion), Arizona and Louisville. The actual teams were Kentucky, Florida, Wisconsin and of course the champion, UConn. So he had 1 for 4 last year as well.

So, I'll stick with it being a good thing he didn't pick many of the BE teams to advance.

xudash
03-18-2015, 10:06 AM
I'm glad he just can't issue Executive Memorandums that dictate the outcome of games.

That's next.

SemajParlor
03-18-2015, 10:18 AM
I checked to see because I'll freely admit I made that statement just off of blurbs I've heard here and there, and had no actual facts to back it up.

Turns out it's hard to find corrected brackets of his, and I'm not doing all of that leg work because I don't care that much. Just going by teams in final four he had 1 of 4 in 2013, 2 of 4 in 2012, 0 for 4 in 2011 and 2010, 1 for 4 in 2009 but he picked the correct champ, and 3 for 4 in 08. In last year's bracket he picked for his final four Florida, Michigan St. (champion), Arizona and Louisville. The actual teams were Kentucky, Florida, Wisconsin and of course the champion, UConn. So he had 1 for 4 last year as well.

So, I'll stick with it being a good thing he didn't pick many of the BE teams to advance.

Again, I fully understand how pointless this is haha. But I'm bored at work and it's March Madness so.. Just read it this morning only reason why I'm bringing it up.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/tournament/2015/story/_/id/12505909/president-barack-obama-bracket-picks-kentucky-ncaa-men-basketball-title

"Last year, President Obama finished in the 72.9 percentile overall, but missed on national champion Connecticut (he had Michigan State beating Louisville in the title game). His best finish since becoming president was in 2011, when he was in the 87.4 percentile despite picking Kansas to win the national title (Connecticut won it all that year as well).'

No love for 2CONN !!

EDIT: Oh wait, maybe you are right. May have interpreted that wrong.

XUPhilly04
03-18-2015, 10:21 AM
Before anyone gets annoyed that he picked BYU over X, just remember, it's a guarantee that Mitt Romney picked BYU as well. In fact, Mitt's bracket is already busted as he probably had BYU beating UK in the final four.

SemajParlor
03-18-2015, 10:38 AM
Before anyone gets annoyed that he picked BYU over X, just remember, it's a guarantee that Mitt Romney picked BYU as well. In fact, Mitt's bracket is already busted as he probably had BYU beating UK in the final four.

It's alright, not sure if he would have put any money on it anyways.

American X
03-18-2015, 11:40 AM
Are you surprised to learn the man forcing elderly nuns to pay for contraception is anti-Catholic?

LadyMuskie
03-18-2015, 11:45 AM
Are you surprised to learn the man forcing elderly nuns to pay for contraception is anti-Catholic?

Right before they face his death squads no less.

DC Muskie
03-18-2015, 08:03 PM
Thanks OBAMA!

spursy
03-18-2015, 08:23 PM
This thread is as ridiculous as I could've feared.