PDA

View Full Version : Big East team predictions

D-West & PO-Z
03-17-2015, 11:57 AM
Thought I would make a separate thread to discuss predictions/results as the tourney starts for the other BE teams.

Am I being too risky/crazy to have Butler in Sweet 16? Had them there at first but makes me nervous that they could be in a tough battle against Texas. Can they beat ND? Was I just being a BE home?

As of now I have Georgetown in Sweet 16, Nova in the Finals, SJU out first rd, XU in Sweet 16 (heart pick but possible), and Providence in Sweet 16. I know it isnt likely for that many BE teams in Sweet 16, might have Butler lose to ND. Dont trust Mike Brey much.

XUFan09
03-17-2015, 12:24 PM
This is kind of my wish but I also think it's a fairly likely outcome: 5 teams advance to the Round of 32, 2 make the Sweet 16, 1 (Villanova) makes the Final Four (or they fall up short against UVA in the Elite Eight). Specific guesses:

Villanova in the Final Four
Georgetown in the Sweet 16
Butler in the Round of 32 (A Sweet 16 is plausible, but both Texas and Notre Dame are challenging matchups, so I balanced it out with 1 win)
Providence in the Sweet 16
Xavier in the Round of 32
St. John's in the Round of 32 (Yes, they don't have Obekpa but SDSU doesn't know how to play on offense)

I know my individual picks don't match my overall predictions, but I'm thinking my individual picks are a bit optimistic. I just couldn't cut back any one team. The way I see it, if you have 6 teams with a good to great chance of winning their first game, you're probably going to have 5 who are actually successful, and so on.

waggy
03-17-2015, 12:29 PM
Providence winning a rematch against Nova.
Butler meeting Kentucky in E8
Gtown getting beat by Utah
X getting beat by the Lexus.
Johnnies out R1 I think (dont remember now)

GoMuskies
03-17-2015, 12:29 PM
Villanova Elite Eight
Georgetown Sweet Sixteen
Butler Round of 32
Providence First Round
Xavier Sweet Sixteen
St. John's First Round

drudy23
03-17-2015, 12:39 PM
Villanova Final Four
Georgetown First Round (most over-seeded team in tourney)
Butler Round of 32
Providence Sweet Sixteen
Xavier Round of 32
St Johns First Round

D-West & PO-Z
03-17-2015, 12:46 PM
Villanova Elite Eight
Georgetown Sweet Sixteen
Butler Round of 32
Providence First Round
Xavier Sweet Sixteen
St. John's First Round

Please dont tell me you have UD beating Providence!

GoMuskies
03-17-2015, 12:48 PM
Please dont tell me you have UD beating Providence!

Or Boise

D-West & PO-Z
03-17-2015, 12:49 PM
Or Boise

Well if it happens lets hope its Boise!

Xville
03-17-2015, 12:58 PM
Villanova Championship Game
Butler Elite 8
Providence Sweet 16
Xavier Sweet 16
St. John's Round of 32
Georgetown First round loss (I think its absolutely ridiculous this team got a 4...they are a 6 at best)

If we can get 4 to the Sweet 16, that would be fantastic. I'm going more with hope than realistic on this one.

DC Muskie
03-17-2015, 01:39 PM
GTown is losing in the parking garage. Trawick will fall out the bus and onto the floor. Mikael Hopkins will try and body the security guard and poke away his keys.

Nova will make the Final Four. Please, oh please make the Final Four.
Providence will make the Sweet 16
Butler will lose to Texas
St. John's will get smoked like their weed in the second round.
Xavier will lose the Showtime at the Provo, which apparently is the most fun team to watch in all college basketball.

SkyWalker
03-17-2015, 02:10 PM
Villanova loses Championship Game to Kentucky
Butler Elite 8 loses to Wichita State
Georgetown Sweet 16 loses to Duke
Providence Sweet 16 loses to Virginia
Xavier Sweet 16 loses to Arizona
St. John's first round loss to San Diego State

D-West & PO-Z
03-17-2015, 02:13 PM
Villanova loses Championship Game to Kentucky
Butler Elite 8 loses to Wichita State
Georgetown Sweet 16 loses to Duke
Providence Sweet 16 loses to Virginia
Xavier Sweet 16 loses to Arizona
St. John's first round loss to San Diego State

Butler and Wichita would meet in Sweet 16

fellahmuskie
03-17-2015, 02:16 PM
I always go with my heart (and buck futler)

Nova wins Championship over Wisconsin
Providence in Elite 8
Xavier in Elite 8
Georgetown in Sweet 16
St Johns and Butler both lose in 1st round

I really think Providence and Villanova will meet in the Elite 8. I'm not as confident about Xavier and Georgetown, though I think Utah sucks and I know if Xavier catches fire they can play with anyone.

BandAid
03-17-2015, 02:51 PM
I kinda lousy at this:

Villanova loses to Arizona in the championship game
Georgetown loses to Iowa State in the Elite Eight
Butler loses to Wichita St in the Sweet Sixteen
Providence loses to Oklahoma in the round of 32
We go down with St John's in the first round.

American X
03-17-2015, 03:45 PM
I think Utah sucks

Why do you think Utah sucks? I noticed they have an 8 Pomeroy ranking, yet are a 5 seed.

On another note, I am weary of the Villanova sweet sixteen matchup versus Northern Iowa or Louisville.

GoMuskies
03-17-2015, 03:48 PM
Why do you think Utah sucks?

Despite playing in the Pac-12, they haven't beaten an NCAA Tournament team since December. (No, I don't count UCLA, because their inclusion in the Tournament is a joke).

fellahmuskie
03-17-2015, 04:03 PM
Why do you think Utah sucks? I noticed they have an 8 Pomeroy ranking, yet are a 5 seed.

On another note, I am weary of the Villanova sweet sixteen matchup versus Northern Iowa or Louisville.

What Go said. I only watched them play a little this year, but I wasn't impressed. Away from their home arena, I don't think they'll be very good.

xu82
03-17-2015, 04:11 PM
I'll say Georgetown is likely to under-perform expectations (the 3 games against X are not cause for optimism) and Providence is likely to over-perform. 'Nova I'm taking for granted as at least Elite 8, hopefully FF. I'll just pray for X one round at a time and eventually something magical may appear. Hope at least 5 survive the first round.

X-band '01
03-17-2015, 04:15 PM

Northern Iowa better worry about Wyoming first - playing them is like getting a root canal without the anesthetic.

waggy
03-17-2015, 04:21 PM
Northern Iowa better worry about Wyoming first - playing them is like getting a root canal without the anesthetic.

Wow that is bad.

This is supposed to be a game! You know, fun.

MADXSTER
03-17-2015, 04:36 PM
To me Villanova is the only team in the tournament that could beat UK. No one is going to beat UK with an inside game. Villanova hit 17 3 pointers the other night. Just my two cents.

Villanova - Finals
Xavier - Sweet 16
Providence - Sweet 16
Butler - Round of 32
St Johns - Round of 32
Georgetown - Round of 32

XUFan09
03-17-2015, 04:41 PM
I'd add UVA with a fully healthy Justin Anderson to the list of teams that can beat UK. Will he be healthy though? Who knows...

THRILLHOUSE
03-17-2015, 04:42 PM
I have:

Villanova - Final Four
Providence - Elite 8
Xavier - Sweet 16
G'Town - Sweet 16
Butler - Lose First Round
St Johns - Lose First Round

GoMuskies
03-17-2015, 04:44 PM
There are a lot of teams that can beat Kentucky. They've been in OT/down to the wire with Ole Miss, Texas A&M and LSU. They are nothing like 1991 UNLV who was crushing EVERYONE in their path. It will not take a major upset for UK to lose. I wouldn't expect them to be double digit favorites once the Sweet Sixteen starts (depending on opponent of course...and perhaps JUST over double digits for the Sweet Sixteen).

DoubleD86
03-17-2015, 04:50 PM
My picks:
Villanova - Championship game loss to Kentucky
Providence - Second round loss to Oklahoma
St. John's - First round loss to SDSU
Georgetown - Second round loss to Utah
Xavier - Second round loss to Baylor
Butler - Second round loss to Notre Dame

I know, super exciting...

XU Cowbell Kid
03-17-2015, 09:56 PM
Xavier - National Champions
Nova - Lose to Xavier in national championship.
Butler - Lose to Xavier in Final Four.
Georgetown - Lose to Nova in the Final Four.
Providence - Lose to Nova in the Elite Eight.
St. Johns - Lose to Georgetown in the Sweet Sixteen.

Seems reasonable, right?

paulxu
03-18-2015, 08:37 AM
Here's my prediction for this thread.

If the BE manages to squeeze 3 or 4 teams into the S16, ESPN will CONSTANTLY refer to us as the New Big East.

Xville
03-18-2015, 08:53 AM
There are a lot of teams that can beat Kentucky. They've been in OT/down to the wire with Ole Miss, Texas A&M and LSU. They are nothing like 1991 UNLV who was crushing EVERYONE in their path. It will not take a major upset for UK to lose. I wouldn't expect them to be double digit favorites once the Sweet Sixteen starts (depending on opponent of course...and perhaps JUST over double digits for the Sweet Sixteen).

I agree that there are teams that can beat Kentucky, but I think they have a walk to at least the elite eight and probably the final four. I think what sometimes plagues UK is that because they are so young, they sleepwalked thru a lot of their games because they knew that talent-wise they were so much better than anyone in the SEC. I can see them losing to either Wisconsin or Arizona in the final four, and then the championship game obviously they would have to play a similar talented team. There are teams that can beat them but I think only about 4-5 could. As others have said on here, if Kentucky is making threes, its over..no one is going to beat them those nights...but if they are struggling a bit from the outside, anything could happen.

X-band '01
03-18-2015, 10:43 PM
Villanova - Elite 8
Providence - Sweet 16
Butler - Round of 32
Xavier - Round of 32
Georgetown - 1 and done
St. John's - 1 and done

RoseyMuskie
03-18-2015, 10:57 PM
Nova: Final Four
Butler: 32
STJ: 32
Providence: Sweet 16
Georgetown: Sweet 16
X: 32

XUMIOH12
03-18-2015, 11:18 PM
Xavier - Round of 32
St. John's - loss in first game
Butler - Round of 32
Providence - Sweet 16
Georgetown - Sweet 16
Villanova - Final 4

LA Muskie
03-18-2015, 11:51 PM
Perhaps it's because of my familiarity with the teams at this point, but I'm pretty bullish on the Big East as I think the conference has some favorable matchups. I've got:

Villanova - NCAA Champion (over AZ)
Providence - Elite 8
Xavier - Sweet 16
Georgetown - Sweet 16
Butler - Rd 32
St. John's - Rd 32

D-West & PO-Z
03-19-2015, 08:13 AM
My final predictions:

Georgetown Sweet 16
Nova Finals loss to UK
St. Johns out in first round
Providence Sweet 16
Xavier Sweet 16
Butler Rd of 32 (although I do have one with them in Sweet 16 still, cop out I know.)

DC Muskie
03-19-2015, 08:09 PM
The Big East won by a total of 68 today.

Is that good?

LadyMuskie
03-19-2015, 08:10 PM
BYU would have won by 100. But 68 isn't terrible.

D-West & PO-Z
03-19-2015, 08:14 PM
BYU is much less fun when they arent on to watch. Too bad.

LadyMuskie
03-19-2015, 08:16 PM
BYU is much less fun when they arent on to watch. Too bad.

Yeah. 50 of those 100 points would have been "fun points!".

D-West & PO-Z
03-19-2015, 11:28 PM
I was perusing the Georgetown and Butler boards just to see their thoughts on each BE team etc and while, like us, Georgetown is rooting for the BE teams to do well and for us to win and the others, the Butler fans hate us and hope we get pounded and hope Georgetown gets pounded.

They also called our fans lame and dumb because they thought our fans were cheering "overrated" to Ole Miss when they were actually doing the Fr Graham chant.

Such a little brother attitude to have to root against the other BE teams when it is important for the BE to have a good showing.

Strange Brew
03-19-2015, 11:43 PM
I was perusing the Georgetown and Butler boards just to see their thoughts on each BE team etc and while, like us, Georgetown is rooting for the BE teams to do well and for us to win and the others, the Butler fans hate us and hope we get pounded and hope Georgetown gets pounded.

They also called our fans lame and dumb because they thought our fans were cheering "overrated" to Ole Miss when they were actually doing the Fr Graham chant.

Such a little brother attitude to have to root against the other BE teams when it is important for the BE to have a good showing.

Sigh, I hoped Butler wouldn't Dayton up this league but they dashed my hopes. That said, I hope they keep winning. Go THE Big East!

LadyMuskie
03-20-2015, 08:15 AM
Sigh, I hoped Butler wouldn't Dayton up this league but they dashed my hopes. That said, I hope they keep winning. Go THE Big East!
Dayton up the league!! I love it!

XUOHTX
03-20-2015, 08:24 AM

One can only "Dayton Down" the league.

blobfan
03-20-2015, 10:36 AM
Dayton up, Dayton Down, as long as it's the version that wins games in the tourney and not the one on a 25 year drought.

Masterofreality
03-20-2015, 11:46 AM

That is f-ing unbelieveable. WTF is wrong with those mouth-breathing hayseed rubes?

So bush league.

drudy23
03-20-2015, 01:06 PM
Suck it Bilas

Bulldawg
03-20-2015, 07:11 PM
That is f-ing unbelieveable. WTF is wrong with those mouth-breathing hayseed rubes?

So bush league.

In all reality there were one or two posters who said something. Please don't judge all of us because we have a few nutcases. I'm sure you guys aren't all saints either.

xu82
03-20-2015, 07:13 PM
In all reality there were one or two posters who said something. Please don't judge all of us because we have a few nutcases. I'm sure you guys aren't all saints either.

I have some on "ignore". It happens.

D-West & PO-Z
03-20-2015, 07:17 PM

At the time I read the thread it seemed like the general consensus of the thread but I havent gone back. No one at the time disagreed. But I completely understand if it was just a couple posters being like that and others hadnt chimed in yet.

Do you get the sense that most of your fans are cheering for the Big East as a whole and specifically XU? I dont like Butler when we play them but I am cheering for them and the other BE teams to go as far as possible.

Bulldawg
03-20-2015, 07:27 PM
At the time I read the thread it seemed like the general consensus of the thread but I havent gone back. No one at the time disagreed. But I completely understand if it was just a couple posters being like that and others hadnt chimed in yet.

Do you get the sense that most of your fans are cheering for the Big East as a whole and specifically XU? I dont like Butler when we play them but I am cheering for them and the other BE teams to go as far as possible.

As far as I know, pretty much everyone wants to see the BE do well. If anything the enemy is ESPN and all their crap about picking against our teams. One of our more prominent posters is a big Ole Miss fan so a couple of guys were rooting for them, but outside of that everyone was hoping Xavier would win because they have a very good shot at a Sweet 16 tomorrow. I think a few guys were talking about how Villanova, Xavier, and Gtown are all looking favored for a Sweet 16 and how awesome that would be just to prove ESPN wrong. I know I will be rooting for Xavier tomorrow, maybe we'll meet in the Final Four and we can go back to our old ways!

Masterofreality
03-20-2015, 07:28 PM

Well, maybe. But on here, we've been pretty unanimous in the opinion that we want ALL Big East teams to do well and advance in this tournament. Sure we beat up on each other in-conference, but in November, December and Mid-March on, it's us against the rest of the world.

xu82
03-20-2015, 07:37 PM
well, maybe. But on here, we've been pretty unanimous in the opinion that we want all big east teams to do well and advance in this tournament. Sure we beat up on each other in-conference, but in november, december and mid-march on, it's us against the rest of the world.

amen!

LadyMuskie
03-21-2015, 08:18 AM
You had one job, Providence. One job.

fellahmuskie
03-21-2015, 09:25 AM
Well, maybe. But on here, we've been pretty unanimous in the opinion that we want ALL Big East teams to do well and advance in this tournament. Sure we beat up on each other in-conference, but in November, December and Mid-March on, it's us against the rest of the world.

I'm more than happy for Butler to advance as long as Xavier advances. But I won't be rooting for them to make the Final Four if we're not there too. I don't know, maybe that makes me a bad Big East fan, but I never want to see Butler do better than Xavier.

Bulldawg
03-21-2015, 11:41 AM
I'm more than happy for Butler to advance as long as Xavier advances. But I won't be rooting for them to make the Final Four if we're not there too. I don't know, maybe that makes me a bad Big East fan, but I never want to see Butler do better than Xavier.
That's fine. If we make the final four we want to see your road in the Elite 8, because you guys have bested us twice now.

DC Muskie
03-21-2015, 01:23 PM
Its going to be awhile before I get this bad taste out of my mouth with yesterday's Friars loss.

LA Muskie
03-21-2015, 01:26 PM
Its going to be awhile before I get this bad taste out of my mouth with yesterday's Friars loss.
Meh. I would think a Xavier win today will help wash it out. Add Butler, GTown and Nova wins and it's forgotten. (Except for my brackets, which had the Friars in the Elite 8).

JAPER
03-21-2015, 09:03 PM
Utah too big for Georgetown. DSR played well. Utah on the up tick again.

LadyMuskie
03-21-2015, 09:06 PM
Utah too big for Georgetown. DSR played well. Utah on the up tick again.

DSR is an idiot. An idiot I'm grateful made the decision he made, but an idiot nonetheless. Some teams are still dancing. His isn't.

X Factor
03-21-2015, 09:07 PM
Smell the glove big east!

D-West & PO-Z
03-21-2015, 09:09 PM
Yeah I was WAYYYY off on my predictions. BE laid an egg, ugh.

fellahmuskie
03-21-2015, 09:19 PM
My bracket is done and I'm rooting for Butler. Who the hell cares. We're going to LA!!

paulxu
03-21-2015, 09:23 PM
I'm sorry, I just don't get it.
The BE was a gauntlet for us this year.
It's nutso that at the end of the night, the 1-5 finishers in the league are maybe out, and the #6 is still standing.
I, for one, would have never have guessed that after the tough year we went through.

LadyMuskie
03-21-2015, 09:25 PM
It's madness!!

paulxu
03-21-2015, 09:28 PM
Butler is getting hammered.

I'm going to have to listen to Bilass tell me how overrated the BE was this year. Bleck.

GoMuskies
03-21-2015, 09:29 PM
Butler is getting hammered.

I'm going to have to listen to Bilass tell me how overrated the BE was this year. Bleck.

And it will be hard to argue with him.

D-West & PO-Z
03-21-2015, 09:30 PM
Jones really hobbled.

paulxu
03-21-2015, 09:53 PM
Well, every game is worth $1.5 million...so there is that.

LadyMuskie
03-21-2015, 11:51 PM
In the future can we expect some of our Big East brethren to help carry the load or is this going to be the A10 all over again? At least Butler stuck with ND. Villanova just completely imploded.

GoMuskies
03-21-2015, 11:52 PM
The Big East can stop playing the disrespect card. It was apparently deserved.

If only one gets to move on to next weekend, I'm sure glad it's us!

LadyMuskie
03-21-2015, 11:58 PM
I would agree, except Gottleib, Bilas, et al. keep going going on about how a win doesn't validate seeding- only what you did during the regular season does. So, by that line of thinking a loss shouldn't invalidate the seeding or regular season, and therefore the disrespect is b.s. The "experts" can't have it both ways.

X-Fan
03-22-2015, 12:12 AM
In the future can we expect some of our Big East brethren to help carry the load or is this going to be the A10 all over again? At least Butler stuck with ND. Villanova just completely imploded.
I'm pretty baffled by Novas early exit again, but I'm not going to get too down on the league. Most teams have a lot of talent returning next year.

X, Nova, GTown, Providence*, Seton Hall*, Butler, and Marquette have a TON of talent coming back. The * signifies that a player might leave early. I have no idea what Creighton, DePaul, and STJ will look like next year. I think with the right coach, DePaul could be good next year.

Flat out, the Big East needs to get more physical. Besides X, most teams didn't have much size down low. Also, teams need to step up outside the conference and in the Tourney. I believe that will continue to happen next year. Stinks that only X got past the 1st weekend (I did not see that coming), but the future is bright.

paulxu
03-22-2015, 06:42 AM
The "experts" can't have it both ways.

Just watch.

XUPhilly04
03-22-2015, 08:04 AM
Xavier: Doing its part.
Butler: Lived up to its seed, just disappointing because they had their chances against ND.
St.Johns: Losing without a key player, lost the opportunity to play Duke.
Georgetown: Lost to a good Utah team, could have been much worse with a loss to EWU.
Providence: Huge disappointment, how do you lose like that to a undersized UD team with a six man rotation playing its fifth game in a week.
Villanova: Biggest disappointment, as league and tournament champ, Nova was supposed to be the measuring stick for the Big East and this early of an exit hurts the league.

So overall, I'm disappointed with the league's play, but really see Providence and Villanova as the teams that really screwed up. The rest I'm ok with.

Masterofreality
03-22-2015, 08:14 AM
Other than us, the last 24 hours was an abject disaster.

GTown f-ed up like they do. St. John's f-ed up like they do. Providence surprisingly f-ed up. Nova ran into a hot NC State team, and Butler just couldn't get over the edge in basically an even game.

This gives ESPN all kinds of fodder. I'll be not watching the four letter network for a long time.

Xville
03-22-2015, 08:14 AM
I'm pretty baffled by Novas early exit again, but I'm not going to get too down on the league. Most teams have a lot of talent returning next year.

X, Nova, GTown, Providence*, Seton Hall*, Butler, and Marquette have a TON of talent coming back. The * signifies that a player might leave early. I have no idea what Creighton, DePaul, and STJ will look like next year. I think with the right coach, DePaul could be good next year.

Flat out, the Big East needs to get more physical. Besides X, most teams didn't have much size down low. Also, teams need to step up outside the conference and in the Tourney. I believe that will continue to happen next year. Stinks that only X got past the 1st weekend (I did not see that coming), but the future is bright.

Villanova needs to get more physical. Gtown,providence need to find shooters. After thinking about it, butler and x are the only teams in the league that don't have glaring roster deficiencies. Villanova isn't really a surprise, though I did pick them in the final four it was more heart than head. They have one bad shooting night, they were going to lose. They were extremely weak inside as they have been for five plus years now.

markchal
03-22-2015, 09:40 AM
Massive disappointment and I think we will feel the sting from this for awhile. Wouldn't be surprised if it hurts our seeding next year with the committee afraid of getting burned by this conference of chokers again.

Thankfully, we bring back a lot of talent and will just keep doing what we do.

SlimKibbles
03-22-2015, 10:17 AM
Massive disappointment and I think we will feel the sting from this for awhile. Wouldn't be surprised if it hurts our seeding next year with the committee afraid of getting burned by this conference of chokers again.

Thankfully, we bring back a lot of talent and will just keep doing what we do.

I get what you're saying but also think it's kind stupid that idea even exists. 67 teams have to lose in the Tournament every year. Why would the committee get burned? If Villanova deserved a 1, which they did, shouldn't they get it? Are you saying that if the same scenario with X (record-wise, RPI, etc.) were to happen next season, they wouldn't get in because 5 out of the 6 Big East teams didn't make it to the S16 this season and the committee would punish the league? I don't think there's vindictiveness by the committee is there? Is it only because it's the Big East and other conferences that end up with a bunch of bids and have the same thing happen don't get "punished" because they're usually a power 5? I guess I think the fear is rather silly.

Bulldawg
03-22-2015, 11:23 AM
Keep it going Xavier....sorry we failed y'all...really thought we had a chance to make it to the Sweet 16, but in the end we crapped the bed.

Xville
03-22-2015, 11:34 AM
Keep it going Xavier....sorry we failed y'all...really thought we had a chance to make it to the Sweet 16, but in the end we crapped the bed.

Thank you for the support! It's going to take a monumental upset for us to advance but that's why they play the games. No shame in losing to nd they are a great team. Not your fault the rest of the big east crapped the bed against lower seeds

markchal
03-22-2015, 12:46 PM
I get what you're saying but also think it's kind stupid that idea even exists. 67 teams have to lose in the Tournament every year. Why would the committee get burned? If Villanova deserved a 1, which they did, shouldn't they get it? Are you saying that if the same scenario with X (record-wise, RPI, etc.) were to happen next season, they wouldn't get in because 5 out of the 6 Big East teams didn't make it to the S16 this season and the committee would punish the league? I don't think there's vindictiveness by the committee is there? Is it only because it's the Big East and other conferences that end up with a bunch of bids and have the same thing happen don't get "punished" because they're usually a power 5? I guess I think the fear is rather silly.

With how much the committee used the "eye-test", how much do you think they will value the Big East next year? We were second in RPI and five of the six teams crapped the bed (maybe 4/6, since Butler played admirably against a tougher team). Many analysts called the BE overrated and now it looks like that was pretty much the case.

I wish it wasn't the case, but I think it would be crazy to think they will completely ignore the conference crapping the bed. Any team hoping for a seed they rightfully deserve better have some notable non-con wins, because I think the benefit of the doubt went out the window this weekend.

AZWildcat
03-22-2015, 05:39 PM
Big East was definitely overrated. Not the first time, and it won't be the last.

DC Muskie
03-22-2015, 06:15 PM
The Pac 12 hasn't won a title in 18 years. I guess they are overrated as well.

BandAid
03-22-2015, 06:27 PM
The bad: Providence losing to vd. Villanova, villanoving.

The not terrible: St. John's lost an 8/9 match-up without their starting center. Georgetown lost a 4/5 match-up, that's not exactly a huge upset.

The acceptable: Xavier making it to the Sweet Sixteen against lower seeded opponents. Butler going out like g's against a 3 seed.

As a whole, it's been a bad tournament for the Big East. Only two of the teams really crapped the bed, but we haven't had anybody overachieve yet either.

AZWildcat
03-22-2015, 06:59 PM
The Pac 12 hasn't won a title in 18 years. I guess they are overrated as well.

What does that have to do with conferences that were overrated this year? But since you bring it up, the Pac 12 has more Division I Championships than any other conference. So it's kinda weird that you would want to go down that road.

D-West & PO-Z
03-22-2015, 07:02 PM
What does that have to do with conferences that were overrated this year? But since you bring it up, the Pac 12 has more Division I Championships than any other conference. So it's kinda weird that you would want to go down that road.

The Pac 12 is great at womens volleyball and swimming, awesome.

waggy
03-22-2015, 07:04 PM
what does that have to do with conferences that were overrated this year? But since you bring it up, the pac 12 has more division i championships than any other conference. So it's kinda weird that you would want to go down that road.

wgaf?

DC Muskie
03-22-2015, 07:04 PM

It's kinda weird that you come over here to tell us our conference is overrated. Because we lost? Well year after year you have failed to win a title, and despite your gallant efforts in dominating softball and cross country, you haven't sent a team to the Final Four in seven years.

XUFan09
03-22-2015, 07:12 PM
Simple. You can make any conference look bad if you just choose the right data and then just run with the bullshit narrative. That's simply the easiest example to use for the Pac-12.

If you're going to come to another board, you should probably be a little more cautious before getting so defensive. You aren't a regular member here and thus do not know the ongoing discussions of the forum that cross multiple threads. A little self-awareness goes a long way.

XUFan09
03-22-2015, 07:21 PM
It's kinda weird that you come over here to tell us our conference is overrated. Because we lost? Well year after year you have failed to win a title, and despite your gallant efforts in dominating softball and cross country, you haven't sent a team to the Final Four in seven years.
I never understand it when someone gets aggressive in another team's board.

waggy
03-22-2015, 07:22 PM

It's easy, they're azzhats.

AZWildcat
03-22-2015, 07:31 PM

Who's being aggressive? I'm not saying anything different that what everyone else is already saying about the Big East being overrated this year. Even Xavier fans on this board are saying it, so I don't know why I'm the one you chose to get all pissy at. Sheesh, what a sensitive bunch.

DC Muskie
03-22-2015, 07:33 PM
Who's being aggressive? I'm not saying anything different that what everyone else is already saying about the Big East being overrated this year. Even Xavier fans on this board are saying it, so I don't know why I'm the one you chose to get all pissy at. Sheesh, what a sensitive bunch.

You shouldn't be so defensive. You seem to be overly sensitive.

XUFan09
03-22-2015, 08:41 PM
Hahaha whatever man.

MADXSTER
03-22-2015, 09:55 PM
AZWildcat, you should pm MARKCHAL, the two of you could have a very agreeable discussion.

bleedXblue
03-23-2015, 05:17 AM
I hope Jay Wright changes his style of play and recruiting a little bit. I love his teams and the way they play, but he has to go bigger and get more physical in the post IMHO. I think his entire team is back next year except Hilliard. He's big loss, but they have so much talent they will be an easy Top 10team next year.

bleedXblue
03-23-2015, 05:19 AM
Also, how in the hell was Arcidiacono co-player of the year. He's solid, but player of the year? No.

D-West & PO-Z
03-23-2015, 07:51 AM
I hope Jay Wright changes his style of play and recruiting a little bit. I love his teams and the way they play, but he has to go bigger and get more physical in the post IMHO. I think his entire team is back next year except Hilliard. He's big loss, but they have so much talent they will be an easy Top 10team next year.

Pinkston is gone as well.

bleedXblue
03-23-2015, 08:56 AM
Pinkston is gone as well.

I thought he was a red shirt Junior

D-West & PO-Z
03-23-2015, 09:06 AM
I thought he was a red shirt Junior

RS senior per Nova's website.

http://www.villanova.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/jayvaughn_pinkston_697905.html

novachap
03-23-2015, 05:30 PM
well gents, licking our wounds and still not over it. This one stung. Really liked our team and effort they played with all year but living by the 3 and weak inside caught up to us against a good guard corp and a really athletic interior game. Hard to believe Ennis and Arch so bad that night together, and yes, Hilliard will really be missed. Class kid, good family and represented us well. He started as a skinny ("who is this guy") 3 star recruit and developed to a damn good player.

Wanted to say congrats and keep it going, I enjoy watching your team and the passion you guys have for them.

Masterofreality
03-23-2015, 05:34 PM
well gents, licking our wounds and still not over it. This one stung. Really liked our team and effort they played with all year but living by the 3 and weak inside caught up to us against a good guard corp and a really athletic interior game. Hard to believe Ennis and Arch so bad that night together, and yes, Hilliard will really be missed. Class kid, good family and represented us well. He started as a skinny ("who is this guy") 3 star recruit and developed to a damn good player.

Wanted to say congrats and keep it going, I enjoy watching your team and the passion you guys have for them.

Wish it was Hilliard taking that 3 that could have given you the lead at the end. That kid was strapping the team on his back and trying to single-handedly will them to victory.

StanleyOwnsYou
03-24-2015, 12:16 PM
With the Johnnies early exit last week, it sounds like Steve Lavin's future is certainly in doubt:

http://zagsblog.com/articles/sources-steve-lavins-future-at-st-johns-in-doubt/

GoMuskies
03-24-2015, 12:31 PM
Good. Lavin sucks at his job.

THRILLHOUSE
03-24-2015, 12:37 PM
A behind the scenes look at Providence's upset by Grantland - http://grantland.com/features/providence-friars-dayton-flyers-ncaa-tournament-upset-ed-cooley-kris-dunn-god-shammgod/