PDA

View Full Version : Classy move by Seton Hall

markchal
03-07-2015, 03:40 PM
Really nice moment on GT's senior day. LINK (http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=collegebasketballnation&id=103831&src=desktop&rand=ref~{%22ref%22%3A%22http%3A%2F%2Fm.facebook.c om%22}&ex_cid=espnFB)

XU Cowbell Kid
03-07-2015, 04:13 PM
Really nice moment on GT's senior day. LINK (http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=collegebasketballnation&id=103831&src=desktop&rand=ref~{%22ref%22%3A%22http%3A%2F%2Fm.facebook.c om%22}&ex_cid=espnFB)

Thanks for posting that. Good story!

xudash
03-07-2015, 04:24 PM
It's great being associated with these programs in this league.

xu82
03-07-2015, 04:35 PM
Not to be the jerk who thinks of the practical side, but did they give them a freebie at the other end?

Juice
03-07-2015, 04:50 PM
Not to be the jerk who thinks of the practical side, but did they give them a freebie at the other end?

No. JTIII refused to do it. Willard told him that they were going to let the kid score and Thompson told Willard they would play defense as they normally would.

GoMuskies
03-07-2015, 05:03 PM
No. JTIII refused to do it. Willard told him that they were going to let the kid score and Thompson told Willard they would play defense as they normally would.

Seriously? That's fucked up. What an ass hat.

waggy
03-07-2015, 05:11 PM
This happened at the beginning of the game right? If it occurred at the end game, when the game had been decided, JTIII does it different I'm sure.

xu82
03-07-2015, 05:23 PM
It only takes one point to win.... (ask coach Mack this afternoon). JTIII has never been my favorite guy.

Juice
03-07-2015, 05:26 PM
This happened at the beginning of the game right? If it occurred at the end game, when the game had been decided, JTIII does it different I'm sure.

Why not let the kid score, let Seton Hall score, and then you get the ball back and it's 2-2? You're exactly where you started and everyone feels good because the kid got a nice moment.

waggy
03-07-2015, 05:29 PM
Why not let the kid score, let Seton Hall score, and then you get the ball back and it's 2-2? You're exactly where you started and everyone feels good because the kid got a nice moment.

Yeah, if Thompson is that worried about it, why give the kid the ceremonial start to begin with.

xu82
03-07-2015, 05:34 PM

I asked the question thinking I certainly knew the answer already. I was wrong.

waggy
03-07-2015, 05:43 PM
I'm okay with it. Just because you do the right thing and give the kid the ceremonial start, doesn't mean you are trying to give possessions away or lose the game. If Seton Hall wants do a nice thing and let the kid score, good on them.

GoMuskies
03-07-2015, 05:47 PM
You're okay with JTIII taking advantage of Seton Hall's class move to get an undeserved head start in the game?!?

waggy
03-07-2015, 05:50 PM
He gave a kid with a heart condition the ceremonial start, but he's ass-hat for doing so?

C'mon man.

GoMuskies
03-07-2015, 05:54 PM
He gave a kid with a heart condition the ceremonial start, but he's ass-hat for doing so?

C'mon man.

He's an asshat for taking advantage of Seton Hall's generosity. Total dick move.

waggy
03-07-2015, 05:59 PM
You can't take advantage of generosity. That's why it's called, generosity.

Masterofreality
03-07-2015, 05:59 PM

C'mon man.

He's an asshat for taking advantage of Seton Hall's generosity. Total dick move.

Yeah, ass hat move. Let Seton Hall come down and score a 2 then it's even. That basket wound up meaning something.

RealDeal
03-07-2015, 06:00 PM
Gotta agree with go here, can't believe jtiii didn't agree.

waggy
03-07-2015, 06:01 PM
You all are a bunch of ass-hats!

Classy though.

xu82
03-07-2015, 06:26 PM
I guess I'm in the asshat club. We're not going to share our secret hand shake with you, Waggy.

waggy
03-07-2015, 06:28 PM
Damn, I love a good secret handshake.

No homo.

LA Muskie
03-07-2015, 06:40 PM
Soccer players may take more dives, but at least they know how to be gentlemen. When a player goes down, the other team plays the ball out of bounds. When play resumes, the injured player's team returns possession. It's not a difficult notion. Cmon JTIII. You're better than that.

xu82
03-07-2015, 06:47 PM
Soccer players may take more dives, but at least they know how to be gentlemen. When a player goes down, the other team plays the ball out of bounds. When play resumes, the injured player's team returns possession. It's not a difficult notion. Cmon JTIII. You're better than that.

I would have thought so.... but apparently not. I honestly don't know where he was comiong from with that. Very disappointing. And revealing.

D-West & PO-Z
03-08-2015, 12:01 PM
Classy move by Seton Hall, they could use some good pub.

Douche move by JTIII.

xubrew
03-08-2015, 12:36 PM

C'mon man.

Yes, he is. Without Seton Hall agreeing to it, it doesn't happen. Seton Hall was just as responsible for the ceremonial start as Georgetown was, so why not give them an uncontested basket and just start at 2-2??

LA Muskie
03-08-2015, 01:16 PM
JTIII stole 2 pts. He knows he did. And I can't help but wonder whether that was the plan all along.

wkrq59
03-08-2015, 02:00 PM
|This may not be too popular an idea here but does anyone remember a young lady named Lauren Hill? Not exactly the same but similar! Yes, many of us don't like either JT2 and his issue, JT3 for many reasons than more of us can imagine. Regardless, it was a classy move by the Hall considering the less than happy circumstances which surround their coach and that entire program. Just saying.
:wink::seestars::clap:

LA Muskie
03-08-2015, 03:56 PM
What started out as classy on JTIII's part turned sour when he took advantage of Seton Hall.

Willard and Seton Hall though? They were a class act.

Somewhat ironic given how their respective seasons (and squads) worked out this year.

hoyahooligan
03-09-2015, 10:45 AM
Willard approached JT3 and said he was going to let Adams score and asked if JT3 would let them score right back. JT3 asked him not to just let Adams score. So before the game started Georgetown assumed the matter was settled and Seton Hall wasn't going to do it. Seton Hall let Adams score anyway. Frankly I think Adams would've preferred to score against actual defense. He was a top 50 recruit and more than capable of playing and scoring. He didn't need to be babied. Georgetown immediately fouled to get Adams out of the game after they scored (based on how much we foul as a team getting the other team into the bonus earlier is almost worth as much if not more than 2 points to start the game, we could've called a time out, but gave the foul instead).

If you watched it was clearly a surprise to the players that Seton Hall backed off. Seton Hall did come down the court and score a pretty uncontested lay up. It wasn't as obvious as the one Seton Hall allowed, but I have to think that the defense let up more than they would've.

I do think Georgetown should've been more obvious about letting Seton Hall score back, but at the end of the day it was 2-2 pretty quickly and it didn't effect the game.

I think what happened was that JT3 asked Willard not to do that and Willard did anyway. I don't think the possibility was communicated to the team so they didn't know how to react and JT3 didn't anticipate that Willard would go ahead and do it anyway after their conversation.

What Seton Hall did was very classy. Georgetown could've handled it better, but it's hardly an indictment of JT3's character.

xubrew
03-09-2015, 04:14 PM
Willard approached JT3 and said he was going to let Adams score and asked if JT3 would let them score right back. JT3 asked him not to just let Adams score. So before the game started Georgetown assumed the matter was settled and Seton Hall wasn't going to do it. Seton Hall let Adams score anyway. Frankly I think Adams would've preferred to score against actual defense. He was a top 50 recruit and more than capable of playing and scoring. He didn't need to be babied. Georgetown immediately fouled to get Adams out of the game after they scored (based on how much we foul as a team getting the other team into the bonus earlier is almost worth as much if not more than 2 points to start the game, we could've called a time out, but gave the foul instead).

If you watched it was clearly a surprise to the players that Seton Hall backed off. Seton Hall did come down the court and score a pretty uncontested lay up. It wasn't as obvious as the one Seton Hall allowed, but I have to think that the defense let up more than they would've.

I do think Georgetown should've been more obvious about letting Seton Hall score back, but at the end of the day it was 2-2 pretty quickly and it didn't effect the game.

I think what happened was that JT3 asked Willard not to do that and Willard did anyway. I don't think the possibility was communicated to the team so they didn't know how to react and JT3 didn't anticipate that Willard would go ahead and do it anyway after their conversation.

What Seton Hall did was very classy. Georgetown could've handled it better, but it's hardly an indictment of JT3's character.

This makes sense, and it looks that it happened exactly this way. I withdraw my comment about JT3 being an asshat.

xu82
03-09-2015, 04:38 PM
This makes sense, and it looks that it happened exactly this way. I withdraw my comment about JT3 being an asshat.

You're allowed to have other reasons to believe this to be true, of course. Some people have a long list, even.

xubrew
03-09-2015, 04:48 PM
You're allowed to have other reasons to believe this to be true, of course. Some people have a long list, even.

True. But, I read where Willard even said that JT3 told him not to just give him the basket, but that he decided to do it anyway.