PDA

View Full Version : Big Trouble With Pirates

Always Learning
02-16-2015, 02:31 PM
Their very good starting guard, Jalen Sima, quit per news reports of a racial riff with Whitehead.
The news reports also tell about Whitehead and his traveling entourage of 'five or six"
The Pirates have lost 8 of their last 12 after reaching the Top 25.

bleedXblue
02-16-2015, 02:42 PM
This is a classic example of why some guys just aren't worth it. Whitehead is a cancer.

Titanxman04
02-16-2015, 03:09 PM
http://www.xavierhoops.com/showthread.php?29373-Jaren-Sina-Has-Left-Seton-Hall&highlight=Seton+Hall

MuskiePimp23
02-16-2015, 04:17 PM
Their very good starting guard, Jalen Sima, quit per news reports of a racial riff with Whitehead.
The news reports also tell about Whitehead and his traveling entourage of 'five or six"

Who the hell is Jalen Sima? Do you mean Jaren Sina?

Xavier
02-16-2015, 04:20 PM
You honestly didn't know that's what he meant?

nuts4xu
02-16-2015, 05:24 PM
Who the hell is Jalen Sima? Do you mean Jaren Sina?

Ever hear of a typo?

Lighten up Mr. Red Dots.

XfansinKy
02-16-2015, 06:55 PM
Ever hear of a typo?

Lighten up Mr. Red Dots.
U made me chuckle.

mid major
02-16-2015, 07:31 PM

This news is pretty old. It was public knowledge after the Gtown game on 7 Feb. I read it on other Xavier boards. The delusional Priders up north think he might go to UD. Not a chance in hell.

waggy
02-16-2015, 07:39 PM
Jered Zima was marginal at best.

XMuskieFTW
02-16-2015, 07:48 PM
Sterling Gibbs just ejected in the Nova game. They're done.

spursy
02-16-2015, 08:17 PM
Sterling Gibbs just ejected in the Nova game. They're done.
What a dirty play it was too. If anyone hasn't seen it https://vine.co/v/OxA13uaIjnb
They are very done. It's a shame though, it was nice to see Seton Hall get on its feet again only to have a toxic locker room pull the rug right out.

X-band '01
02-16-2015, 08:24 PM
It's going to be a while before Gibbs returns for Seton Hall (if at all).

xu82
02-16-2015, 08:25 PM
What a dirty play it was too. If anyone hasn't seen it https://vine.co/v/OxA13uaIjnb
They are very done. It's a shame though, it was nice to see Seton Hall get on its feet again only to have a toxic locker room pull the rug right out.

Wow! Nothing subtle about that!

LadyMuskie
02-16-2015, 08:34 PM

With moves like that, Gibbs could play for UC.

RealDeal
02-16-2015, 08:40 PM
With moves like that, Gibbs could play for UC.

Escalate the hate!

GoMuskies
02-16-2015, 08:46 PM
Gibbs is clearly racist, because surely he thought he was elbowing JP Macura. We don't all look alike, Sterling!

Masterofreality
02-16-2015, 08:51 PM
That could call for a season ending suspension.

Ridiculously dirty.

LadyMuskie
02-16-2015, 08:57 PM
Gibbs is clearly racist, because surely he thought he was elbowing JP Macura. We don't all look alike, Sterling!

Not racist. Reverse racist.

toledodan
02-16-2015, 08:59 PM

damnit i spit my drink lol

paulxu
02-16-2015, 09:34 PM
Well, Nancy only got a few games for sucker punching Kenny.

X-band '01
02-17-2015, 06:41 AM
At least Gibbs didn't waste time apologizing to Ryan Archdiacono. That's more than I can say for the UC side.

Cheesehead
02-17-2015, 07:31 AM
At least Gibbs didn't waste time apologizing to Ryan Archdiacono. That's more than I can say for the UC side.

He actually apologized directly to Archdiacano via twitter

ArizonaXUGrad
02-17-2015, 10:02 AM
How do your "directly" do anything via twitter? If he was a man he would have done it on game day.

He actually apologized directly to Archdiacano via twitter

Titanxman04
02-17-2015, 10:04 AM
How do your "directly" do anything via twitter? If he was a man he would have done it on game day.

Couldn't tell you. I would wonder if it was best to avoid going over to the other locker room with the tension that loomed over that moment? Perhaps coaches wouldn't permit the players meeting? Either way, it was a fairly decent apology as far as Twitter goes (take it for what it's worth), and the Nova guy forgave him via the social media medium as well.

bleedXblue
02-17-2015, 10:08 AM

Yeah, pick up the phone and be a man.

D-West & PO-Z
02-17-2015, 10:10 AM

He may have.

Also if he didnt do it over twitter (in this day in age) and did it just over the phone we would have people on here and other places online complaining about how he didnt apologize.

Pretty shitty thing Gibbs to do though. Not sure he will play another game this season. At least regular season.

XUMIOH12
02-17-2015, 10:18 AM
I think he might get suspended for a game or two. For some reason, when this kind of thing happens in college basketball, the suspensions don't seem to be too long.

D-West & PO-Z
02-17-2015, 10:33 AM
I think he might get suspended for a game or two. For some reason, when this kind of thing happens in college basketball, the suspensions don't seem to be too long.

I cant remember the last time I saw something like that though. Usually when this happens it is in the heat of a fight of some sort between the teams. This was out of nowhere, completely unprovoked and just out of frustration. Little different than the typical punches thrown in college basketball games.

Masterofreality
02-17-2015, 10:57 AM
I cant remember the last time I saw something like that though. Usually when this happens it is in the heat of a fight of some sort between the teams. This was out of nowhere, completely unprovoked and just out of frustration. Little different than the typical punches thrown in college basketball games.

Maybe when Dave Winfield and Corky Taylor clocked Luke Witte in the infamous Ohio State Minnesota brawl a number of years ago.

D-West & PO-Z
02-17-2015, 10:59 AM
Maybe when Dave Winfield and Corky Taylor clocked Luke Witte in the infamous Ohio State Minnesota brawl a number of years ago.

Had to look it up, looks like it happened in 1972, glad my memory wasnt failing me on that one (wasnt born yet) as it has been on other basketball things recently!

Cheesehead
02-17-2015, 11:02 AM
for whatever it's worth and don't should the messenger, but Archdiacano via twitter, accepted Gibbs apology

D-West & PO-Z
02-17-2015, 11:08 AM
for whatever it's worth and don't should the messenger, but Archdiacano via twitter, accepted Gibbs apology

Yeah that was classy of him to do.

Not sure his school/BE will be as forgiving.

D-West & PO-Z
02-17-2015, 12:24 PM
I was wrong, 2 game suspension for Gibbs from SHU.

Not sure if the Big East will just let SHU handle that or if they think differently. I'm guessing they defer to SHU.

paulxu
02-17-2015, 12:30 PM
If Nancy got 4 for the suckerpunch on Kenny, 2 seems about right. No blood.

xubrew
02-17-2015, 02:11 PM

Like it or not (and I personally do not) in the world college students live in today apologizing on Twitter is more than sufficient.

There was probably a day when people thought "How can you apologize directly over the phone? Be a man and go do it face to face."

Milhouse
02-17-2015, 02:21 PM
You guys think these kids Call anyone? Seriously I'm sure the majority of our players only talk on the phone to their family relatives. If you're under 30 texting/twitter/etc is the main form of communication.

Sad? yeah. True? yeah.

bleedXblue
02-17-2015, 02:27 PM
Considering he punched the kid in the face on national TV, I think it warrants more than a "tweet".

Say, didn't Gates call Kenny, or was that also a "tweet"?

xubrew
02-17-2015, 02:39 PM
Considering he punched the kid in the face on national TV, I think it warrants more than a "tweet".

Say, didn't Gates call Kenny, or was that also a "tweet"?

From what I understand he sent him a text.

I'm hesitant to say this because it is purely hearsay, but the story I heard was that when it got into the news that it was possible charges were going to be filed, I thought Frease texted Gates to basically say he didn't want it to become a legal matter, and Gates texted back thanking him and then apologizing for what had happened.

My feeling is that it's Archdiacano that is owed the apology, and if he's fine with a Twitter apology, then it's fine.

XUFan09
02-17-2015, 03:35 PM
Kids these days! *grumble* *grumble*

XUMIOH12
02-17-2015, 06:52 PM
The last time I remember something similar to this happening was when some guy from East Carolina punched a UTEP (I think) guy and got a 1 game suspension. Might have been 2 seasons ago.

MuskiePimp23
02-17-2015, 07:50 PM
You honestly didn't know that's what he meant?

I was being sarcastic, but he absolutely butchered that name.