PDA

View Full Version : We Want Xavier!

Xpectations
03-12-2008, 02:53 PM
Last year at the A-10 tourney, Dayton fans began chanting "We Want Xavier!" the day before they played us. I'm certain many were chanting that again today.

As a result, I thought I'd resurrect my post prior to our tourney game with them last year when they were chanting and so eager to play us.

Coach Miller: You want a championship?

UD Fan: I think we’re entitled to it.

Coach Miller: You want the Muskies?

UD Fan: We want Xavier!

Coach Miller: You can't handle Xavier! Son, we live in a conference that plays basketball. And those baskets have to be guarded by men. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Coach Gregory? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Monty Scott and you curse Xavier. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Scott’s injury, while tragic, probably made you a better team. And our existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, wins championships...You don't want the truth, because deep down, in places you don't talk about at your sewage-filled arena, you want us in this league. You need us in this league. We use words like West, Sato, Cage...We use these words as the backbone to a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a fan who rises and sleeps under the blanket of conference respectability I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up some real players and find a way to win a championship yourselves. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!

BJ+CJ=Final4
03-12-2008, 03:07 PM
Absolutely Classic !!!!!!!!!!!!!

nuts4xu
03-12-2008, 03:20 PM
Great thread to bring back Xpec! We have an exciting couple of weeks ahead of us, and there is no better way to start it than to beat dayton for the 6th time in the past 2 seasons.

I can't wait for noon tomorrow! I am going to start drinking early tomorrow!!

Muskie73
03-12-2008, 03:39 PM
Xpectations

I hate to mess with a classic but would you consider adding the Hammer to the list of past players. If anyone deserves inclusion it would be him.

DC Muskie
03-12-2008, 04:05 PM
Sean Miller's Blue/white Army!!!

surfxu
03-12-2008, 04:13 PM
Stanley is going to issue a "Code Blue" on roberts who will be left weeping back to dayton. I have that speech (the original one from the movie) posted in my office...I think it will now be replaced with this one! Classic. You can't handle the Muskies! LET'S GO X!

xeus
03-12-2008, 04:14 PM
Great resurrection Xpec. Truly an all-time classic post.

Flexo
03-12-2008, 04:20 PM
That was priceless. All I have to say is be careful what you wish for, Dayton.

Xpectations
03-12-2008, 04:53 PM
Xpectations

I hate to mess with a classic but would you consider adding the Hammer to the list of past players. If anyone deserves inclusion it would be him.

Just for you 73, I'll update it to make it more relevant for this season...

Coach Miller: You want a championship?

UD Fan: I think we’re entitled to it.

Coach Miller: You want the Muskies?

UD Fan: We want Xavier!

Coach Miller: You can't handle Xavier! Son, we live in a conference that plays basketball. And those baskets have to be guarded by men. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Coach Gregory? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Jimmy Binnie and you curse Xavier. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Binnie's obesity, while tragic, probably made you a better team. And our existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, wins championships...You don't want the truth, because deep down, in places you don't talk about at your sewage-filled arena, you want us in this league. You need us in this league. We use words like West, Sato, Burrell...We use these words as the backbone to a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a fan who rises and sleeps under the blanket of conference respectability I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up some real players and find a way to win a championship yourselves. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!

X-man
03-12-2008, 04:56 PM
Totally excellent revival, Xpect. I can't wait to hand the cryers their sixth loss to their Big Brother to the south given their pathetic rants on the A10 board. They truly are sad little fans...no life and fixated on a real basketball program.

Snipe
03-12-2008, 05:03 PM
That is awesome.

sylvester
03-12-2008, 05:18 PM
Classic. Oddly enough, I just watched that movie 2 days ago.

spongebob
03-12-2008, 06:13 PM
Nice, very nice,

Muskie73
03-12-2008, 07:07 PM
Many thanks, Epectations, many thanks

BomberMuskie
03-12-2008, 07:12 PM
XPect...a neighbor of mine actually knows that entire routine by heart... plus a variety of movie quotes... freaky weird. This is scarry that there is possibly two of you. Of course, yours is CLASSIC! A+ effort here.

muskies05
03-12-2008, 07:19 PM
great post...that is awesome =)