PDA

View Full Version : Early yet...BUT,

Muskeagle
01-07-2015, 08:15 PM
Went to ESPN.com to check out the box score and noticed the score of the Depaul/Chreighton game: 23-9 DEPAUL!! AT Chreighton. 12:36 left in the first half. Obviously, much can change, but wow. Shocker, so far.

Titanxman04
01-07-2015, 08:41 PM
Robertson of DePaul is 5/5 from three to start the game. 35-22 DePaul with just under three in the first half. C'mon you stupid Demons...win this.

Muskeagle
01-07-2015, 10:42 PM
DePaul wins!! 70-60 in Omaha.

OTRMUSKIE
01-07-2015, 11:41 PM
DePaul might actually be NIT good this year. It's still early and they might pull a Dayton and collapse but dang gone it congrats guys!

xubrew
01-08-2015, 01:33 AM
DePaul might actually be NIT good this year. It's still early and they might pull a Dayton and collapse but dang gone it congrats guys!

That's also known as a McDermott. Good early, fair in the middle, bad late.

ammtd34
01-08-2015, 06:45 AM
Edit: Wrong thread. Go DePaul.

Mrs. Garrett
01-08-2015, 10:21 AM
Besides beating Xavier, the other wins aren't all that shocking. They're getting to the real part of the schedule starting Saturday at Nova.

XUFan09
01-08-2015, 12:06 PM
Besides beating Xavier, the other wins aren't all that shocking. They're getting to the real part of the schedule starting Saturday at Nova.

I'd actually say winning at Creighton is more shocking than beating Xavier at home. Creighton is a meh team, but even weak teams are a challenge in their own building, especially for a team of DePaul's "caliber." The Blue Demons actually only moved up 10 spots in Kenpom after beating Xavier, but they moved up 25 spots after beating Creighton.

Mrs. Garrett
01-08-2015, 12:16 PM
I'd actually say winning at Creighton is more shocking than beating Xavier at home. Creighton is a meh team, but even weak teams are a challenge in their own building, especially for a team of DePaul's "caliber." The Blue Demons actually only moved up 10 spots in Kenpom after beating Xavier, but they moved up 25 spots after beating Creighton.

After watching the game last night Creighton is awful. If Tommy Hamilton wasn't a selfish player who forced several bad shots that let Creighton back into the game DePaul would have easily one by 20. I know a lot of us are trying to make ourselves feel better about the DePaul loss, but I wouldn't be shocked if DePaul winds up somewhere around 6-12 in conference when all is said and done. DePaul is one bad loss away from imploding again. DePaul might have been a road game on paper, but I was there and 2/3 of the crowd was for X. The only time it got loud was when X fans were encouraging their team.

XUFan09
01-08-2015, 12:45 PM
After watching the game last night Creighton is awful. If Tommy Hamilton wasn't a selfish player who forced several bad shots that let Creighton back into the game DePaul would have easily one by 20. I know a lot of us are trying to make ourselves feel better about the DePaul loss, but I wouldn't be shocked if DePaul winds up somewhere around 6-12 in conference when all is said and done. DePaul is one bad loss away from imploding again. DePaul might have been a road game on paper, but I was there and 2/3 of the crowd was for X. The only time it got loud was when X fans were encouraging their team.

Frankly, my suggestion that Xavier isn't even the most shocking DePaul victory makes me feel worse about that loss. I'm not trying to console myself; I'm simply disagreeing with how you are evaluating these two games. You are not accounting enough for the venue, which is a huge swing in college basketball.

I'm not sure how much you've watched of Creighton this season outside of last night, but they are definitely not awful. They played a bad game, they couldn't hit open shots, but on the season, they've been an okay team. Definitely good enough to beat a bad DePaul team (I agree with you on how bad DePaul is).

This really isn't about DePaul but rather about the teams they played and where. Simply put, it's harder to win on the road by 10 against a team of Creighton's weaker ability than it is to win at home by 3 against a team of Xavier's superior ability.

Sidenote: This line of thought feeds into the many discussions about how Xavier needs to win on the road, as the Committee is very conscious of how the venue drastically changes the game.

X-band '01
01-08-2015, 07:00 PM

Hamilton had to have done something stupid during the Hawaii road trip to warrant his 1-game suspension. I don't know the specifics, but I do know that they haven't lost since that suspension for whatever reason.