PDA

View Full Version : Most ANNOYING Fans! PART I

MADXSTER
01-02-2015, 02:23 PM
Who you got?

Juice
01-02-2015, 02:26 PM
From what I can gather from college football writers on twitter, FSU might be the new, dumb fan base. I follow a bunch of logical, rational, objective guys and they loathe FSU's fans to the point that #FSUtwitter is a legitimate hashtag now.

mohr5150
01-02-2015, 02:26 PM
UK with a close second to Ohio State. UK for just not being very bright and Ohio State for being so goddamned pretentious.

MADXSTER
01-02-2015, 02:29 PM
UK with a close second to Ohio State. UK for just not being very bright and Ohio State for being so goddamned pretentious.

Come March you will want to change your mind, just wait and see.

GoMuskies
01-02-2015, 02:31 PM
Tie. Both are more obnoxious than annoying.

Porkopolis
01-02-2015, 03:29 PM
I lived in Columbus for several years. The experience with the worthless nuts was so bad that last night was the first time I actually cheered for them since moving to Cincinnati. Big Blue can be just as bad but it is hard to argue with their pedigree.

chico
01-02-2015, 04:06 PM
OSU. And I say this having gone to college in Kentucky. UK fans can be obnoxious but OSU fans can be downright bitter and violent. Like 70 year old men picking fights and people knocking hats off the heads of 8 year olds violent. I'm sure part of it is that football draws more of the meathead type but it doesn't make it any better.

DC Muskie
01-02-2015, 06:23 PM
I voted for OSU football, because I am a fan and I know how annoying I can be.

xudash
01-02-2015, 06:52 PM
I voted for OSU football, because I am a fan and I know how annoying I can be.

Well played.

Not to impugn your fandom, but, as is the case with any fanbase, there are classy and perhaps not so classy Buckeye fans. And there are so many of them that this kind of stuff amplifies from that.

On the other hand, there is a lot of jealousy pouring out around here and in the football thread as well from fans of other football programs.

DC Muskie
01-02-2015, 08:23 PM
I find a lot of things annoying about Xavier fans. Like the ones who complain about every call or non call on every play. It's exhausting just listening to them.

D-West & PO-Z
01-02-2015, 10:13 PM
I find a lot of things annoying about Xavier fans. Like the ones who complain about every call or non call on every play. It's exhausting just listening to them.

Ha, agreed.

GoMuskies
01-03-2015, 10:06 AM
On the other hand, there is a lot of jealousy pouring out around here and in the football thread as well from fans of other football programs.

Tie broken in favor of OSU.

MADXSTER
01-03-2015, 11:46 AM
I must work among more UK fans than the rest of you.

SM#24
01-03-2015, 11:46 AM
I find the fans of all teams that I don't root for all equally annoying.

xudash
01-03-2015, 02:30 PM
Tie broken in favor of OSU.

My point made with you responding.

That Sugar Bowl killed you.

GoMuskies
01-03-2015, 02:40 PM
Nope, I bet on Ohio State.

xudash
01-03-2015, 03:27 PM
Nope, I bet on Ohio State.

Sure you did. While putting out a big cheer for Alabama before the game.

GoMuskies
01-03-2015, 03:30 PM
I would have preferred Alabama to win, but it never kills me to win a bet.

xudash
01-03-2015, 03:40 PM
I would have preferred Alabama to win, but it never kills me to win a bet.

I can't believe you expect anyone here to believe you bet on the Buckeyes in the Sugar Bowl against Alabama, especially given how you feel about Ohio State.

Utter non-sense, but you just keep hanging on to that version of your reality.

GoMuskies
01-03-2015, 03:41 PM
I can't believe you expect anyone here to believe you bet on the Buckeyes in the Sugar Bowl against Alabama, especially given how you feel about Ohio State.

Utter non-sense, but you just keep hanging on to that version of your reality.

You'll have to go all the way to the college football thread on this board to verify.

xudash
01-03-2015, 04:37 PM
You'll have to go all the way to the college football thread on this board to verify.

Not exactly.

I don't recall one post in that thread with that game involved where you declared that you bet on Ohio State. You made some comments about shifting probabilities on the outcome as the game progressed, but I don't recall you definitively stating that you bet on the Buckeyes.

Now I'm wondering if edits to posts are time stamped here.

GoMuskies
01-03-2015, 04:56 PM
#867.

DC Muskie
01-03-2015, 05:04 PM
What was the spread on the Sugar Bowl?

xudash
01-03-2015, 05:06 PM
#867.

So I commend you on your bet.

And now back to my point about your true feelings towards Ohio State: #876.

"Sorry paul. Go Alabama. Hope you win by 100 even though I bet on Ohio State."

GoMuskies
01-03-2015, 05:06 PM
What was the spread on the Sugar Bowl?

Started at 9. Ended up 7.5.

GoMuskies
01-03-2015, 05:07 PM
So I commend you on your bet.

And now back to my point about your true feelings towards Ohio State: #876.

"Sorry paul. Go Alabama. Hope you win by 100 even though I bet on Ohio State."

All true

DC Muskie
01-03-2015, 05:09 PM
Started at 9. Ended up 7.5.

I would have taken that bet. But I thought OSU would have ended up losing.

Did you have it at 9 or 7.5?

GoMuskies
01-03-2015, 05:24 PM
I would have taken that bet. But I thought OSU would have ended up losing.

Did you have it at 9 or 7.5?

I waited and got 7.5.

DC Muskie
01-03-2015, 05:27 PM
I waited and got 7.5.

I'm terrible about betting, but you thought that was too much? What about the NC game? Isn't it 7 as well?

GoMuskies
01-03-2015, 05:30 PM
I liked the match up between OSU's offense and the Alabama defense, particularly after watching the Iron Bowl. Figured that would give OSU a chance to keep it close. I didn't think they'd win the damned game, though! I like Oregon in the title game giving 7. That offense is just relentless. OSU will surely score some points, but I don't think they can keep up with the Ducks.

DC Muskie
01-03-2015, 05:37 PM
I liked the match up between OSU's offense and the Alabama defense, particularly after watching the Iron Bowl. Figured that would give OSU a chance to keep it close. I didn't think they'd win the damned game, though! I like Oregon in the title game giving 7. That offense is just relentless. OSU will surely score some points, but I don't think they can keep up with the Ducks.

I tend to agree. But if OSU slows the game down, it could be interesting.

paulxu
01-03-2015, 05:48 PM
But if OSU slows the game down, it could be interesting.

They may not have enough Time Outs to slow it down.

Juice
01-05-2015, 10:10 AM
Clay Travis is kind of a douchey troll but he is often correct about who has the worst fan bases and he loves pissing off UK fans

bruce pyle ‏@wbpyle 44m44 minutes ago
@ClayTravisBGID From all of #BBN FUCK YOU don't ever show your gay ass @keenelandracing again because you are not welcomed.

UK fans are so stupid that they think this is either affecting Clay and/or that it's even possible to un-welcome someone from Keeneland.

xudash
01-05-2015, 11:38 AM
They may not have enough Time Outs to slow it down.

The last time this play ran on stage, Ohio State was the one slowing down Oregon in the 2010 Rose Bowl, and in a similar situation - first year (let alone a 3 games) quarterback and with Oregon favored:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s7ZDMDdKtU

And that was an Ohio State team that was about Tressel-ball - traditional Buckeye team built for cold weather, beating Michigan and getting to the Rose Bowl if not another BCS Bowl.

This time it's different. As all the talking heads are saying, Urban has created SEC North in Columbus. This Ohio State team is much faster on both sides of the ball.

The more difficult game for me was always going to be a Saban-led Alabama squad, especially playing in the Sugar Bowl. Oregon deserves all the credit in the world and deserves being favored, but anyone who thinks this is a lock for the Ducks is foolish.

PMI
01-05-2015, 01:34 PM

This is all I need to prove that it isn't even close. No fans are more annoying than OSU fans. None. I'm sure we're all real jealous of being in Columbus, Ohio and rooting for a program that's just ticking down the seconds until their next round of sanctions and scandals. My favorite are the OSU fans who used to crucify Urban Meyer for being the scum of the earth that he is, was, and always will be. Those same fans, now that he's theirs, have convinced themselves that he's some kind of a changed man, or that they had it wrong all along. Classic.

xudash
01-05-2015, 03:04 PM
This is all I need to prove that it isn't even close. No fans are more annoying than OSU fans. None. I'm sure we're all real jealous of being in Columbus, Ohio and rooting for a program that's just ticking down the seconds until their next round of sanctions and scandals. My favorite are the OSU fans who used to crucify Urban Meyer for being the scum of the earth that he is, was, and always will be. Those same fans, now that he's theirs, have convinced themselves that he's some kind of a changed man, or that they had it wrong all along. Classic.

I don't know about the next round of sanctions and scandals, but you make an interesting and good point about the fanbase crucifying Urban Meyer when he was at Florida, but loving him now that he's in Columbus. I was one of them, sitting through that debacle against Florida with a bunch of Gator fans the year Ohio State was favored to beat them. On that note, name me a program in the United States that wouldn't take Urban Meyer were he available to it.

Otherwise, I guess you must know him personally to be so sure that he is scum and not changed from his days in Gainesville.

paulxu
01-05-2015, 03:38 PM
On that note, name me a program in the United States that wouldn't take Urban Meyer were he available to it.

Alabama?

Gamecocks also, because they don't have enough sense/cents.

vee4xu
01-05-2015, 04:18 PM
I'm a native Ohioan, lifelong OSU football fan and Columbus resident for the past 23 years and some OSU football fans annoy me. I can only imagine how badly they have to annoy folks who are not OSU football fans.

xubrew
01-05-2015, 04:35 PM
I think I shared this story when it happened, but.....

A good friend of mine works at Ohio State. After the NCAA Tournament loss last year, he called and talked about how Dayton had the most obnoxious fans he had ever encountered, and compared them to all the Big Ten fanbases that he's been around when he travels with the teams.

The reason this is so funny is because those are Ohio State's football fans. I loved pointing that out. Those were his team's fans.

I think that settles it. It's Ohio State football.

Emp
01-05-2015, 05:41 PM
I waited and got 7.5.

Wha? How does taking the points get more attractive as the line shrinks?? Explain how that works?

paulxu
01-05-2015, 05:44 PM
It's a Nigel kind of thing.

PMI
01-05-2015, 06:13 PM
I don't know about the next round of sanctions and scandals, but you make an interesting and good point about the fanbase crucifying Urban Meyer when he was at Florida, but loving him now that he's in Columbus. I was one of them, sitting through that debacle against Florida with a bunch of Gator fans the year Ohio State was favored to beat them. On that note, name me a program in the United States that wouldn't take Urban Meyer were he available to it.

Otherwise, I guess you must know him personally to be so sure that he is scum and not changed from his days in Gainesville.

Come on, Dash, you're a wise fella. Obviously Meyer's a great coach, but it doesn't exactly take a detective to see that he's got a long history of being a sleazeball. I suppose you could make the argument that the minute he got to Ohio State, he had some moral awakening and turned into a completely different man than the guy who won two titles at Florida and STILL got run out because of how disgraceful the culture of his program was. I'm sure that's totally possible. You don't have to take my word for it, but the day that he inevitably has another "health issue" or needs "family time," we can resurrect this thread and ask the OSU fans how they like him then. I get that there's a fine line between wanting a great coach at most any cost, and wanting a decent human being too. I won't pretend like I would stop supporting a team I loved if they had a successful coach who was an asshole. But one of the costs of that deal is that you lose your right to sit on the moral high horse. And, yes, as a Michigan fan, watching OSU fans almost unanimously put on this pathetic display of moral gymnastics in order to convince themselves of what they want to believe is... well, annoying.

GoMuskies
01-05-2015, 06:17 PM
I won't pretend like I would stop supporting a team I loved if they had a successful coach who was an asshole.

I for one could never support a team if they had an asshole coach. Luckily, my Louisville Cardinals hired Bobby Petrino, who is clearly a paragon of virtue.