PDA

View Full Version : YOUR D1 HS Football Kings- St. Edward Eagles

Masterofreality
12-06-2014, 05:30 PM
While I expect little response on this, I must post that St. Edward has won the 2014 Division 1 Ohio High School Football Championship.

St. Eds. Has now won 2 football State crowns and 48 in all sports. They also are the firs school to win both the Basketball and Football Championships in one calendar year.

Congrats Eagles!!!

(And to Elder grads, congrats to you for the win earlier this year.)

DC Muskie
12-06-2014, 05:39 PM
Congrats MOR. Do they have a lot of DI prospects? What was the score?

Masterofreality
12-06-2014, 05:45 PM
Congrats MOR. Do they have a lot of DI prospects? What was the score?

Final 31-21 and they are loaded with D1 signees. QB going to S Fla. WR going to ND. Lots of Big 10 linemen and RBs to Kentucky and Kent State.
They have a lot of Juniors coming back next year too, but they lose their QB.

DC Muskie
12-06-2014, 06:19 PM
Well done MOR. Seriously, congrats to all the St. Ed's out there. Including my Godfather.

Masterofreality
12-06-2014, 06:57 PM
Well done MOR. Seriously, congrats to all the St. Ed's out there. Including my Godfather.

Thanks buddy. I didn't go there but my son is a football alum, my nephew is a basketball alum, my bro in laws went there and I coached there a bit.

paulxu
12-06-2014, 07:35 PM
If you have any really good d-line or corners, the Gamecocks could use the help.

bobbiemcgee
12-06-2014, 10:21 PM
My old Hs did pretty well in Indiana:

"Cathedral (9-5) won its 30th consecutive tournament game (an all-time record) and its fifth consecutive state title is also a record."

-IndyStar

vee4xu
12-07-2014, 12:03 AM
How many more do they need to catch Chuck Kyle's Wildcats? :smile:

D-West & PO-Z
12-07-2014, 01:26 AM
I believe my bombers still have the most state titles of any school in Ohio, and it only has boy sports to win. Last time I checked I think Hilliard Davidson was second and the have boys and girls.

Now St. X has the Aqua Bombers to thank for 75% of the titles, maybe more.

Congrats to St. Ed's, I'm just glad it wasnt Moeller again. Was this the first year they moved it to Ohio Stadium?

Juice
12-07-2014, 02:27 AM
I believe my bombers still have the most state titles of any school in Ohio, and it only has boy sports to win. Last time I checked I think Hilliard Davidson was second and the have boys and girls.

Congrats to St. Ed's, I'm just glad it wasnt Moeller again. Was this the first year they moved it to Ohio Stadium?

Eds lost to Elder who lost to X therefore this state title is crap

X-band '01
12-07-2014, 07:36 AM

First year since 1989 they've been in Ohio Stadium - that was back in the Astroturf days.

Juice
12-07-2014, 08:28 AM
First year since 1989 they've been in Ohio Stadium - that was back in the Astroturf days.

Thank god. Playing it in Canton every year was bullshit.

D-West & PO-Z
12-07-2014, 09:20 AM
Eds lost to Elder who lost to X therefore this state title is crap

Ha I like it!

D-West & PO-Z
12-07-2014, 09:21 AM
Thank god. Playing it in Canton every year was bullshit.

Yes it was, makes much more sense in Columbus.

muskienick
12-07-2014, 12:49 PM
I am happy Eds won if my alma mater (St. X) or another GCL team didn't win it.

Cincinnati LaSalle (a GCL team) won the Division II State Championship by running roughshod over the competition in the playoffs (cumulative 245 - 91 was LaSalle's margin of victory over their playoff opponents and 55-20 over the previously unbeaten Nordonia team in the title game). The Lancers won a share of the GCL 2014 title and return their three top offensive players: AP Ohio Mr. Football award candidate, junior RB Jeremy Larkin; his soph running mate, Jerrell White; and Junior QB, Nick Watson.

MADXSTER
12-07-2014, 01:50 PM
I am happy Eds won if my alma mater (St. X) or another GCL team didn't win it.

Cincinnati LaSalle (a GCL team) won the Division II State Championship by running roughshod over the competition in the playoffs (cumulative 245 - 91 was LaSalle's margin of victory over their playoff opponents and 55-20 over the previously unbeaten Nordonia team in the title game). The Lancers won a share of the GCL 2014 title and return their three top offensive players: AP Ohio Mr. Football award candidate, junior RB Jeremy Larkin; his soph running mate, Jerrell White; and Junior QB, Nick Watson.

Nice!

Masterofreality
12-07-2014, 08:26 PM

Yeah, and it was cool for the kids to play in the Horseshoe, I'm sure, but 10,000 people in a 100,000 seat venue is like peas in a garbage can. Fawcett Stadium next to the Pro Football HOF in Canton is a much better venue- and is always packed.

gladdenguy
12-07-2014, 08:54 PM
I would agree MOR. Elders first state title over Warren Harding in 2002 was the best high school football game I've ever attended. The place was rocking and it was snowing like crazy and it came down to a 2 point conversion at the end.
On tv yesterday it looked terrible to have only 10.000 in a 100,000 seat stadium.
Unfortunately in 2003 we crushed St.Eds and it wasn't as exciting. Ha.

Congrats to St Eds.

muskienick
12-07-2014, 09:18 PM
Yeah, and it was cool for the kids to play in the Horseshoe, I'm sure, but 10,000 people in a 100,000 seat venue is like peas in a garbage can. Fawcett Stadium next to the Pro Football HOF in Canton is a much better venue- and is always packed.

The lengthy trip upstate to play in Canton may be God's way of evening the playing field to give the the Cleveland/Akron/Canton/Toledo teams a little bit better chance to win once in a while when they play the Cincy boys. I am crossing my fingers (and holding my nose) as I type the next suggestion:
Schedule the next ten years' worth of Ohio State D-1 - DIV football championships at Welcome Stadium in Dayton. It holds 11,000 fans so it would look great on TV and be cozy for the fans. Start the D-4 game at 1:00 p.m and the D-3 game at 7:00 p.m. on Friday. Repeat the process on Saturday for the D-2 and D-1 games respectively. The D-5 through D-7 games can be played at prearranged centralized locations to the 2 participating schools with nice facilities.

Masterofreality
12-07-2014, 10:11 PM
The lengthy trip upstate to play in Canton may be God's way of evening the playing field to give the the Cleveland/Akron/Canton/Toledo teams a little bit better chance to win once in a while when they play the Cincy boys. I am crossing my fingers (and holding my nose) as I type the next suggestion:
Schedule the next ten years' worth of Ohio State D-1 - DIV football championships at Welcome Stadium in Dayton. It holds 11,000 fans so it would look great on TV and be cozy for the fans. Start the D-4 game at 1:00 p.m and the D-3 game at 7:00 p.m. on Friday. Repeat the process on Saturday for the D-2 and D-1 games respectively. The D-5 through D-7 games can be played at prearranged centralized locations to the 2 participating schools with nice facilities.

dayton? You are actually proposing that they play championship games in dayton? All the games would wind up in 0-0 ties. Why? ....Wait for it......

-
-
-
-
-

Because no one wins championships in dayton.

Plus, the place is a health hazard. You wouldn't want kids breathing in toxic waste fumes now would you?

Juice
12-08-2014, 12:24 AM

It's always packed but it's not a better venue. No one likes getting their tires slashed when they go into the game or getting called a faggot because "you went to that all guys school" by Stark County's finest.

Masterofreality
12-08-2014, 09:28 AM
It's always packed but it's not a better venue. No one likes getting their tires slashed when they go into the game or getting called a faggot because "you went to that all guys school" by Stark County's finest.

Never heard that there, and Ignatius and Eds are "an all guys school" too.

Masterofreality
12-09-2014, 08:55 AM

Actually it's tied. This from the St. X Wikipedia page:

"As of February 2014, the Bombers have won 48 boys team Ohio High School Athletic Association (OHSAA) state titles."

Gotta tell you that all the Ignatius boosters up here are starting to get very nervous that they're falling from the favored perch. Chuck Kyle's not getting any younger and kids are gravitating to Finotti at Eds. Plus, Iggy used to get a lot of kids out of Glenville, but not anymore since Ted Ginn built that program. Eds has 2 championships in the last 5 years.

The horror...Iggy might have to lower their tuition!